PDA

View Full Version : Gormul Hyfe Starfighter Training

Dark Side Adept 327
Oct 4th, 2000, 02:25:18 PM
This is the RP:
You are a sole TIE Fighter on patrol from your Imperial Battle Platform. You are 300 clicks out by visual scanning, and well out of sensor range of the battle platform. All of a sudden, a Flight Group (4 ships) of T-65R3 X-Wings pops out of hyperspace, and jams your communications.

You continue this RP now. Your reaction will determine how well you are deemed to be trained as of now, and ultimately how well you will be promoted.

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 4th, 2000, 02:44:53 PM
IC:

Sensors blink on the HUD, snapping Gormul Hyfe to sudden attention. A standard flight group of 4 T65R3's has just jumped out of HS at cords 12.12.12, bearing down on Gormuls lone TIE.

"Emperors black bones..." Gormul mutters as he looks through the front viewport. The X-wings are not yet in his visible range, but at the rate they are traveling, they will be any minute, and that is a position that Gormul KNOWS he doesn't want to be in.

Gormul tosses the TIE into a quick 180 degree pivot, bringing the ship about. Gormul knows he doesn't stand a chance against four X-wings in this hunk o' junk TIE Fighter. Having no shields, one single hit would blow him to Coruscant. Rerouting all power from the 2 laser cannons to the engines, he cranks it up to the maximum 95 MGLT. If his calculations are correct, the 5 MGLT difference in speed between the two ships will not allow those X-wings to catch him before he gets back to the station. There he can get reinforcements, and will be safe. That is, IF he makes it....

"Lets just hope I can stay out of range of those proton torpedoes..."

Gormul pushes the thought out of his head, checking sensors once more, only to see that the X-wings have closed about {edited} 1/10 of the distance seperating them already {/edited}, and they will be within range for torpedoes any second now...

Dark Side Adept 327
Oct 4th, 2000, 03:50:27 PM
Just a note:

TIE Fighters go 100MGLT standard, 125MGLT when all power is diverted to engines.

T-65r3 X-Wings go 125MGLT standard, 155MGLT when all power is diverted to engines. T-65r1 X-Wings are very noticably slower.

TIE Fighters are more maneuverable.

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 4th, 2000, 04:19:07 PM
OOC: It depends on what source you are using. I'm using this site right here (http://www.crosswinds.net/~insd/Start.htm) and it says top speed is 95 MGLT. If you are getting your info from PC fighter games like many do, the TIEs do go 100 - 125. I also doubt that the X-wings have their laser power diverted to engines because, hell, they're chasing me to shoot me, not just to race. And yes, I'm well aware of the maneuverability factors, but they aren't much use when I'm trying to scoot on out of there.

IC:

It starts. The beeping sounds and flashing lights that signal a lock has been made. Gormul knows the T-65's have closed the distance to within firing range, and he knows what he has to do.

Gormul rerouts power back into the TIEs two laser cannons, charging them up, and slowing the TIE down to 70 MGLT as he brings the agile craft around in a 180 loop. He jerks the control back and forth, left and right, juking and turning to escape the lock.

"Well it looks like I'm not making it back now... I'll have to take these boys on alone."

Gormul takes the TIE Fighter into a series of skilled maneuvers to keep out of the sights of the 4 X-wings that are now surrounding him. He then levels out, locking onto the nearest X-wing which hurtles through subspace before him at 125 MGLT.

"Lets do this..."

GuardPiett
Oct 4th, 2000, 04:33:29 PM
OOC: i always use INSD, they do a good job.

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 4th, 2000, 05:45:41 PM
OOC: Yeah, that's what I linked to. Theres also:

this (http://www.wcug.wwu.edu/~paradox/starships.html)
this (http://galacticempire.org/)
this (http://www.galacticempiredatabank.com/Main.html)
and this (http://www.imperialcenter.com/index.html)

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 6th, 2000, 06:52:32 AM
OOC: .... Was this supposed to be a story line or am I actually going to fight someone? I obviously misunderstood.

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 6th, 2000, 11:51:32 AM
OOC: Woah. I was testing that picture and I forgot to take it off. I think it's actually still on here now cuz I'm at school and I don't have time to edit my preferences and all.

Anyways, do I just continue this story by meself or is it like a dog-fight?

Dark Side Adept 327
Oct 6th, 2000, 04:20:35 PM
Continue the story yourself please. It's part of your training.

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 6th, 2000, 07:53:06 PM
OOC: Oh, ok.

IC:

The two laser cannnos on the TIE fighter now being fully charged, it unleashes several blazing green flashes of light. The laser fire slams into the nearest X-wing which remains on its course infront of the TIE. A trail of smoke and fluttering shields tell Gormul that the T-65 has sustained sufficient damage to be put out of the fight...

"Come back here..." Gormul mumbles as the weakened X-wing attempts to escape his line of fire. The TIE lashes out with yet more laser fire, slamming into the now sluggish X-wing which immediately explodes into a blazing ball of light. Rolling the ship off to the side and down into a sudden spiral which brings the TIE around, Gormul targets the next X-wing which his heading on a direct collision course with his own ship.

"Oh, you wanna play "Wamprat" huh? Come on baby..."

Gormul winces as the X-wing opens fire, sending crimson red bolts of energy flying all around him. Gormul snaps off two quick shots before pulling up and spinning the TIE in a quick barrel-roll off to the left. His eyes widden as the X-wing zips right beneath him, having been hit, but not severly damaged. The two starships barely avoid collision, but this problem is already out of Gormuls head as he sees another of the X-wings bearing down on him from his port and the warning lights begin flashing again.

"Damnit! These guys have gotta be smokin' something..."

Gormul does a series of snap-spins, swirling recklessly around in no particular pattern, still trying to escape the lock. Try as he may, Gormuls attempts to escape the lock are to no prevail. Suddenly, the beeping warning turns into a solid buzzing sound and the red flashing lights begin to flash even faster.

"Bantha dung!"

Gormul knows this means that the X-wing has fired one of its dreaded Krupx MG7 Proton Torpedoes. Courses of action race through his mind as his face turns stern. Gormul levels out of a quick dive roll, his attentive eyes catching a glimpse of the blue tail left behind by the proton torpedo. With increadible speed, he snaps the TIE fighter off to the left, unexpectedly heading straight torwards the incoming torpedo. Ignoring the loud buzzing warning him of the missle, Gormul continues on his path of collision. At the last minute he fires off one single shot, jerking the control stick over to the right, which slams him into the left side of the seat. A hundredth of a second later, the torpedo explodes. His single shot as pre-donated it about 15 meters away. Gormuls TIE is sent out of control, spinning and twirling like a drunk mynock, this spinning and twirling being the only thing protecting him from the pursuing X-wings which are lashing out with steady fire.

Finally getting the small craft back under control, Gormul looks to his sensors again, which now only register two remaining X-wings...

"What the..."

As Gormul brings the TIE about in yet another evasive maneuver, he sees the third X-wing. It is drifting uselessly through space, no systems appearing to be active.

"Must have hit him harder than I thought... I finally catch a break. It's about damn time... I could use a good break."

It starts again. The warning beeping and flashing that warns Gormul of a lock.

"Wampa manuerer! Get off my tail!"

Gormul suddenly cuts the throttle on the TIE, bringing it up in a looping arc, which he imagines sends the pilot of the X-wing looking around baffled. At the top of the arc, he kicks the throttle back in, twirling the ship around and leveling his sights out with the X-wing that is speeding by below him. The targeting lights blinking green, and he snaps off several shots, taking out two of the X-wings fusial thrust engines. Gormul begins firing away, a look of hatred that would scare the pants of a Rancor gleaming beneath his space helmet.

"DDDDDIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

A flash of light, and then a series of explosions come. A chain reaction of small blasts encompass the X-wings hull, sending it tumbling "head over heals" before evaporating into small bits of wreackage. Gormul immediately swirves out of the path of the wreackage, looking around anxiously for the last X-wing, his final opponant.

"Where'd you go you filthy rat...."

And then he sees it. The T-65 X-wing comes out a twirl, directly into his path, executing a series of twists and spins as he attempts to avoid the lock that Gormul never even had time to think about getting. It is quite clear that this particular pilot is not your average rookie...

"Jedi...."

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 7th, 2000, 01:06:36 AM
Gormuls heart begins to beat at a normal pace again as he calms himself, taking deep breaths as he watches the pilot of the T-65 pulling off tricky spins and twirls. The skill of his maneuvers amaze Gormul.

"Yeah... well, two can play that game buddy."

Gormul tigtens his grip on the flight controller as his concentration locks in. He stares down the X-wing juking back and fort in front of him, managing to stay out of Gormuls targeting box, but not being able to get out of his sights. Taking the TIE up into a loop, he twirls it around and around, spiraling like a top, and then levels out, right in front of the X-wing, snapping off two quick shots before spiraling away once more, virtually untouchable. Gormul knows the pilot of the X-wing is good, so his only chance is charging in and ducking out quick. Fast deadly attacks. Thats how he's going to have to play it.

"You still think you're hot stuff, boy?"

As Gormul takes up a position behind the T-65, his targeting box turns green, and then, suddenly, the X-wing goes into a large swooping rolling, pulling straight upwards, then cutting engines, spiraling around 180 degrees in practically a stand-still, ending in a position facing Gormuls own TIE, who has by now completely forgotten about firing. Gormul is totally baffled. Never in his life has he seen such piloting skills.

Then, it hits him. Reality comes slamming back in the form of red flashes of laser fire which smash into the TIEs right wing, sending it spiraling through space. Gormul struggles to regain control, lashing out with laser fire as he spins uncontrollably, hoping to get lucky and score a hit on the X-wing while he isn't expecting it. No such luck comes to him.

Then the warning lights begin to beep and flash once more.

"How can that son of a Vornsk get a lock on me now?!?"

Finally, the TIE is back under conrol. The best control he is going to be able to get at least. With the TIEs wing damaged, he isn't going to be able to do much of anything. Gormuls mood totally changes. This danger is very real. Never has he encountered a pilot of such calibre. He had to think, and he had to think fast.

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 7th, 2000, 01:34:44 AM
Gormul tried to do the only thing he could do. He tried to hold the X-wing off as long as possible. Eventually someone would come looking for him, after his shift was over. Wouldn't they? Gormul glances down to one of the display screens on-board. That was half an hour ago...

Lost in his thoughts, Gormul pulls out of a series of spins and flips, his eyes widdening as he narrowly misses slamming into the hulk of the X-wing he had taken out earlier. The one sitting there completely useless. Dead, as far as he was concerned. And thats what Gormul was going to be soon. He knew it. There was no doubt in his mind. He was going to be a lifeless hulk sitting in space for someone to mindlessly run into.

"... Thats it!"

Taking the TIE around into another evasive loop, Gormul brings the ship bearing down on the X-wing that is drifting slowly through space, all systems still fried, a bit of static still emnating from the craft. As Gormul passes by it again, he is certain he can see the pilot still in there, moving around, desperate for a way to escape. Gormul decided that this was NOT going to happen to him.

"Ejection system must be fried too. Poor sucker."

More laser fire flies right by Gormuls TIE, almost ending it all. Gormul then risks it. As the T-65 flies by, Gormul slows the TIE to almost a dead stop, right infront of the motionless hull of the other X-wing. He keeps his sights locked on the Jedi piloted T-65 which is now circling around for another pass. Lining his targeting box up with the X-wing, Gormul prepares for the worst.

"Come and get it..."

In comes the X-wing. Hurtling through subspace at 110 MGLT, it opens fire, but just a split second after Gormul does the same in his TIE. Firing off only a few shots, he revs his engines up all the way, darting off to the right side, at a slight lopsided angle, now that his right wing has just been nicked. The X-wing however, still traveling at 110 MGLT, attempts to follow Gormuls course off to his own left, unfortunately, it is about to impact the lifeless hulk of his fellow X-wing fighter.

The X-wing slams head-on into the motionless hulk of the other X-wing, its shields collapsing and the two S-foils on its right side snapping off like twigs. Gormul couldn't believe it. Even a pilot as skilled as that, a Jedi Knight, was killed by his own stupidity.

Swirling the TIE around anxiously, Gormul aligns his targeting box with the T-65 X-wing which has now caught on fire in several different places, sputtering clouds of smoke from its engines, and trudging through space like a Tug. Gormul lets the wrath of his laser cannons take full effect on the pitiful X-wing, his anger taking control of him, sending out laser after laser after laser of increadible energy, until alls that is left of the former X-wing is a few pieces of scrap metal.

"Die, Jedi."

Darth Viscera
Oct 7th, 2000, 07:56:19 AM
Gormul Hyfe scraggles out of the simulator, his body and flight suit drenched in sweat, to see the darkly cloaked Darth Viscera standing there, slowly applauding.

A wrinkly grim smile forms on the hooded face of the powerful Sith.

"You have given yourself to the Dark Side, just as I have foreseen. I can sense the anger, flowing within you now.

His wrinkled mouth pauses, and a small cough is heard by Gormul.

It pleased you to destroy those helpless ships at the end, did it not? And well it should, for the Jedi would stop at nothing to destroy you.

Another cough is heard from the old, withered, cloaked figure, and then a sinister laugh, one which reverberates throughout the walls of the simulation chamber.

Come, my young Apprentice. We shall see how you perform when commanding Capital Ships.