PDA

View Full Version : Silent Bob and Jay Starfighter Training

Darth Viscera
Oct 24th, 2000, 05:55:16 PM
This is the RP:
You are a sole TIE/ln Fighter on patrol from your Imperial Battle Platform. You are 300 clicks out by visual scanning, and well out of sensor range of the battle platform. All of a sudden, a Flight Group (4 ships) of T-65R3 X-Wings pops out of hyperspace, and jams your communications.

You continue this RP now. Your reaction will determine how well you are deemed to be trained as of now, and ultimately how well you will be promoted.

Silent Bob and Jay
Oct 24th, 2000, 08:16:43 PM
I discover the commlink doesn't work, so I silently swear at myself. I decided to calm myself, as one should always do when in trouble. Always have a clear mind I thought. As the X-Wings draw closer I decide to play a little game. Seeing that my ship is far more maneuverable than theirs, I decide to fight back. I apply a little more speed to my fighter. As the X-Wings race after me, I suspend my TIE. They all pass me, giving me a chance to knock out their engines. I manage to knock out 2 of the X-Wings ion engines. The other two race after me. They both come after me from different sides. One shoots at me. I apply all power to speed and raise my ship out of the way just in time. The laser power hits the other X-Wing damaging. Seeing there is one X-Wing left, I know my chance is now. I clear my mind off all obstacles and apply all the ships power to speed. While the X-Wing races after me, I manage to stay away from it's laser power. One of the damaged X-Wings rejoins the battle, as it's repairs have been comepleted. I apply half of my power to shields, and I leave the other half on speed. This wasn't a fight anymore, it was a survival game. I fly back to the battle pad using all my strength to maneuver my way out of the X-Wings laserfire. I manage to get close enough to use my private comm-link. I take it out of my breast pocket and ask the captain of the battle pad for help. He sends a sqaudron of TIE's and all four X-wing pilots are captured and taken prisoner

Darth Viscera
Oct 24th, 2000, 08:42:38 PM
OOC: Do I know you? Are you associated/friends with a woman named Mara Connelly?

IC:

The Good:You seem to have plenty of courage.

The Bad:It should have taken you about three posts for you to knock out a force that is four times your size and about 10 times as powerful as you are.

The Ugly(Suggestions, Constructive Criticism):Try to be more inventive in the future. Be creative. Try to use a method which the X-Wings would not have suspected-
E.G. Eject your TIE engine pod while the X-Wings are chasing you, and detonate the pod when it is close to the pursuing craft.
The resulting detonation of all the inflammable fuel/electronic components/ion burners, should be enough to shatter the X-Wings, but you'd have to outrun a large explosion in your TIE on sole momentum.

All in all, you have done alright. I'm promoting you to Ensign. Congratulations. You are now an officer in the Sovereign Imperial Navy.

Silent Bob and Jay
Oct 24th, 2000, 09:07:41 PM
Alright, thank you, I will try my best to be more inventive in the future. I have a question, How do you obtain higher ranks? And what are all the ranks?

OOC- No I assure you, you do not know me IRL. I do not know a Mara Connely.

Darth Viscera
Oct 24th, 2000, 09:14:05 PM
You get higher ranks by doing well in this group. You also get a pretty immediate rank increase if you have experience because you were in another SW RPG group. Here is the link to the Ranks list, or you can just click on the blue image at top and that'll take you to our homepage.

members.home.net/wlabiche/gma/ranks.html (http://members.home.net/wlabiche/gma/ranks.html)