PDA

View Full Version : Dark Grimlock Starfighter Training

Darth Viscera
Nov 13th, 2000, 11:54:32 AM
You are a sole TIE Fighter on patrol from your Imperial Battle Platform. You are 300 clicks out by visual scanning, and well out of sensor range of the battle platform. All of a sudden, a Flight Group (4 ships) of T-65R3 X-Wings pops out of hyperspace, and jams your communications.

You continue this RP now. Your reaction will determine how well you are deemed to be trained as of now, and ultimately how well you will be promoted.

Dark Grimlock
Nov 18th, 2000, 08:12:26 PM
My first insticnt is to warn the Battle Platform of the incomming threat. I devert all power from my weapons and put it into my ships twin ion engines. I then point my ship towards home and hit the thrusters. I then hit the comm to try and warn the Battle Platform. Just as I thought they were jamming all communications. Fearing sensor locks for missle fire by the x-wings I begain a serpantine course back to the platform.

Dark Grimlock
Nov 18th, 2000, 08:24:17 PM
OOC- I am not certain if this is what you want so I am just
going to run with it. Also I have no idea how far out
300 clicks is but I assume that the x-wings can easily
over take me before I get to the platform.

Dark Grimlock
Nov 18th, 2000, 10:05:47 PM
As I become increasingly aware that I cant make it back to the platform before the x-wings over take me a plan comes to mind. Perhaps if I can get withing viewing range of the platform I can then turn and attack the x-wings. The explosion of my tie fighter, or with any luck of an x-wing or two, should give the platform an indication that there is a problem and they may send more ties out to investigate. Besides if I cant make it within range of the platform I can at least make sure that not all of the
x-wings get there either.

Searching behind me for a visual on the x-wings I realize that the x-wings are in a tight formation trying to overlap each others shields for better protection. They must not be sure that I am the only tie in the area or perhaps they thought their jump would bring them in closer to the battle platform. Either way this was my only chance. Hopefully the tight formation will decrease their manueverablity. I redirect power to my weapons, slow my tie and put it into a hard, deep, arching manuever and attack the underside of the x-wings. As I come out of my arch I half expect to be blown out of the stars but my gambit works. The x-wings are barely begaining their arch when I open fire on the starfighter in the rear of the formation. As I make my pass across the belly of the x-wing I pull my tie into a steep climb. I then put it into a sharp roll down and to the right. I feel a dizziness taking over. Fighting hard to keep conscious I come out of my roll and open fire on the dorsal side of the same x-wing. The x-wings then split their formation. Two x-wings spin to the right and the other two spin off to the left. Well it couldnt last forever. I have no clue how much damage, if any, I have done to the x-wing. But now he had a wing man and there are two other star fighters somewhere out there I will have to deal with.

Dark Grimlock
Nov 18th, 2000, 10:48:03 PM
My best chance of bringing any sort of honor to the Empire in this situation is to take out at least one of these
x-wings. And my best chance of taking one out is to continue attacking my previous target. I make a visual check and dont see the other two star fighters anywhere. I then begain another attack run on my previous target. Comming in underneath the two x-wings again I open fire. I definately hit the x-wing this time but I didnt have time to see if anything got through its shields. As I come out of my run on this group I see the other two x-wings flanking me, coming fast. I immediately throw my tie into a spin down and back toward my previous target. The only visual I have on the advancing x-wings is red bolts of energy flashing past my ship. I felt my tie shake and realize that I have been hit. Obviously the damage isnt that bad or the simulation would be over. I start my serpantine movement again fearing a sensor lock. I have only one option left to me. I put all power back into the engines and begain a steep climb. I continue the climb until I am sure that my persuers have a missle lock on me. My timing must be perfect to pull this off. I then dive straight for my previous target. Even without sensors or a visual I know that the missles are on me I have to make it or this sacrifice will be for not. The targets wing man opens fire. The target seems to have trouble manuevering. I must have done more damage to the x-wing then I thought. As I near the starfighter I close my eyes and pull up with all my might on the stick. To late. The tie crashes into the x-wing and the missles trailing it explode into a fireball hopefully visible to the battle platform.

Dark Grimlock
Nov 18th, 2000, 10:52:16 PM
OOC-okay thats it. Thats all I got. I have never done this type of thing before so I dont know if it was at all what you wanted. I hope it was close. I look forward to any and all criticisms and pointers on how to become better at this. Thanks in advance.

GuardPiett
Nov 21st, 2000, 09:32:26 PM
OOC:
Exemplary, especially for a begginer. I'll get up a capital ship training thread, soon.

Though we strive for survival, your maneuver was very brave, and you obviously know your boundries. However, it was good writing, and a brave tactic. I commend you. Though you are new, I must say that you have quite enough potential to defeat all four.

May I ask what you would like to do in the Soverign Navy?

Dark Grimlock
Nov 21st, 2000, 10:23:32 PM
Thank you so much for the words of encouragement and praise. I was worried that I would open this and find out that I botched the entire thing.

I honestly dont know what I would like to do in the Soverign Navy. I am so new to this I dont have a clue what my options even are. I was looking at links one day and ran into this and thought it was cool and thought I would enjoy it.

One thing I have seen is that a lot of the people in the SIN are also members of other factions as well. I was curious as to how all these factions interact and if a newbie like myself should bother with the other factions like the Sith and the Force stuff at all at this point.

Well thanks again for your kind words about my response to the simulation.

Darth Viscera
Dec 10th, 2000, 09:01:37 PM
Grimlock, are you still active here? I'd like to continue your training in ship combat.

Dark Grimlock
Dec 11th, 2000, 06:30:35 PM
Yes I am still here.