PDA

View Full Version : Lieutenant Patton ship training

Darth Viscera
Dec 20th, 2000, 03:17:31 PM
This mission for you is a further test of your abilities as a future Fleet Commander.

Lieutenant Dark Patton, you will be commanding a medium Taskforce with the following ships under your flag:

Imperial-Class Star Destroyer Mk.II Subjugator
Victory-Class Star Destroyer Mk.II Adamant
Victory-Class Star Destroyer Mk.I Hammer
Interdictor Cruiser Constrainer
Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser Corusca Fire
Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser Balmorra's Wrath
Dreadnaught Heavy Cruiser Mantooine Terror
Carrack Light Cruiser Dominant
Carrack Light Cruiser Predominator
Carrack Light Cruiser Subdominator
Carrack Light Cruiser Dominator
Imperial Assault Transport Undaunted
Imperial Assault Transport Dauntless

You are currently blockading an Imperial World that is in the process of uprising against Imperial Rule.
The World is called Ghorman.

Before your Assault Transports and Star Cruisers can launch their troops which will bring peace back to the world, and supplement the Imperial Garrison which is already in place, a Rebel Taskforce arrives at the edge of the system. Your sensors indicate that the following Rebel ships have arrived:

Mon Calamari Star Cruiser MC80-mod. Home One
Mon Calamari Star Cruiser MC80 Independance
Mon Calamari Star Cruiser MC40 Maria
Alliance Fire-Class Cruiser-Carrier Freedom
Alliance Fire-Class Cruiser-Carrier Flurry
Nebulon-B Frigate Redemption
Nebulon-B Frigate Rebel Star
Corellian Corvette Sparrow
Corellian Corvette Shadow
Modified Corvette Victorious
Corellian Gunship Spear
Gallofree Yards Medium Transport Success
Gallofree Yards Medium Transport Paradigm
Rebel Bulk Transport Lucrative

The previous ships have full Starfighter Complements, and begin launching their fighters to challenge your blockade.
Their main objective in this battle may be to deliver Rebel Troops to Ghorman, and secure the planet for themselves.
Since the Rebel ship Home One appears to have arrived, it is believed that the rebel Admiral Ackbar himself is leading the taskforce, as it is his flagship.

You are now in charge of the battle, Lieutenant Patton. You may choose your flagship, and attempt to win the battle.

Please note that you are slightly outnumbered. The previous cadets failed to recognise that, which cost them a few promotion points. Knowing that, you'll have to use superior tactics in order to win this battle. Good luck.

Dace Patton
Dec 20th, 2000, 03:28:55 PM
One quick question, What is a Fire class cruiser? That is the only ship I have not heard of and do I have star fighter or not?

Darth Viscera
Dec 20th, 2000, 03:35:14 PM
A rebel Fire-Class Cruiser-Carrier can carry four squadrons of starfighters, is 250 meters long, and has one dual heavy turbolaser. It's basically just a vehicle to carry fighters, and nothing else. All your vessels have starfighters.

Dace Patton
Dec 20th, 2000, 04:15:30 PM
Dace stands on the bridge of the Subjugator his flagship. His taskforce ready the transports perparing to land the 14 squadrons of tie defenders sweeping the area. When suddenly a rebel taskforce drops out of hyperspace. 19 squadrons of A-wing class fighter are detected. Dace begin to bark orders.

We cannot let the transports reach the surface order the tie defenders to engage the A-wings begin landing our transports give them heavy fire for protection draw there fire away from the transports. If we destory there transports they well most likly retreat for there mission has been foiled. Order the interdictor cruiser Constrainer to start its gravity well projector don't let them escape and to attackthe corvettes and gunships they should be no match. Order the Mantooine Terror, Balmorra's Wrath, and Corusca Fire to open fire on the Independance remember to tell them to turn to port or starboard so they get max firepower. The Dominator, Subdominator, Predominator,and Dominant will engage the transports because they are very fast are the medium transports are only 90 meters and have light shielding and hull. Destory the bulk transport first it carries more troops.

The Subjugator,Hammer, and Adamant will engage the Home one. Thw groups I have assigned do not cover all the rebel ships but if the try to get by do not forget to use your port, starboard, and aft weapons to stop them once the rebel fleet heavy ships are gone they will not be able to offer heavy resistence. All the ships begin moving to there tragets as ordered. The transports begin heading to the surface.

Dace Patton
Dec 21st, 2000, 03:27:12 PM
Dace watches as the Dreadnoughts move into range, turning to port and lay down a barrage of fire damaging the Indapendence shields badly as the Indapendence fires back on all three dreadnoughts but fail to do much damage. The Carracks fly though the rebel ships blocking them taking light shield damage. The Carracks open fire on the bulk transport destorying its shielding and disabling it. They then proceed to the 2 smaller transports destorying one and disabling the other after hammering the shields and hull. The tie defnders doing quiet well against the A-wings. Order the Carracks to open fire on the A-wings that should finish them.

The Subjector, Hammer, and Adamant begins to move in on the Home One perparing to engage the ship. The Constrainer, the corvettes, and the gunships are already engaging the Constrainer taking light damage from the laser cannons on the small ships continues to knock them off one by one. The Fire classes staying back from the fighting for there fire power and shielding make it a not so good combat craft. Sir there is an incoming transmission! Very well ensign who is it. Admiral Ackbar himself! Really tell the Admiral I do not wish to speak with him for I will not withdraw and I will crush his fleet. Yes sir!

The Subjector, Hammer, and Adamant continue on course and engage the Home One Damaging it shielding badly as the Home One opens fire on the three craft not dealing to much damage because of the fire is speard out. They continue to battle untill finally the Home One is disabled most of its sensor pods on the outer hull destoryed. The Indapendence damaged the dreadnought Corusca Fire but not badly. The corvettes and gunships where dropping like flys. The A-wing class fighters were mostly destoryed. Tie defenders lost were many about 9 squadrons.

Now the fleet turned it attention to the small Fire classes. All the ships not busy with destorying something else begin to engage them the Fire classes no match were disabled by the powerful ion cannon of the Subjector. The battle was tough and there were several loses, but the empire had proven that there ships were of superior design. Meanwhile on Ghorman the empires transport arrive as the troops file out of them putting down the rebellion. Order had been restored.

Gormul Hyfe
Dec 24th, 2000, 01:56:38 PM
OOC: Can I make a suggestion? Make seperate paragraphs. It makes it easier to read.

Darth Viscera
Dec 24th, 2000, 02:03:48 PM
Yes, please, seperate paragraphs. Write it again with separate paragraphs this time, and your training will be complete.

Dace Patton
Dec 26th, 2000, 03:39:05 PM
Any better?

Darth Viscera
Dec 27th, 2000, 12:12:01 PM
Yes, Captain Patton.

Dace Patton
Dec 27th, 2000, 02:46:56 PM
Ok, Whats next?

Darth Viscera
Dec 27th, 2000, 06:14:12 PM
Nothing. You're done. You're now a trained member of the GMA.

Dace Patton
Dec 28th, 2000, 05:07:03 PM
Is their anything I can do?

Darth Viscera
Dec 29th, 2000, 12:17:36 AM
I will allow you into Strategic Command, captain. There, we will find you a command.