PDA

View Full Version : Captain Khendon Sevon starfighter training

Darth Viscera
Dec 26th, 2000, 03:00:20 PM
You are a sole TIE Fighter on patrol from your Imperial Battle Platform. You are 300 clicks out by visual scanning, and well out of sensor range of the battle platform. All of a sudden, a Flight Group (4 ships) of T-65R3 X-Wings pops out of hyperspace, and jams your communications.

You continue this RP now. Your reaction will determine how well you are deemed to be trained as of now, and ultimately how well you will be promoted.

If you're having some trouble, read the training posts of others, which should give you some insight.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 26th, 2000, 08:09:38 PM
Khendon looks at his controls and starts to get a bad feeling. He sees his radar blink with several red circles and notices that they are moving towards him at an increasing speed. “This should be fun,” he says with extreme sarcasm in his voice. Khendon’s eyes fall to the cockpit’s HUD and he notices the dots have been transferred to them but have white brackets on them. He then pushes a few buttons and one of the hostile targets becomes highlighted on the HUD in yellow, it’s an x-wing. “Great, a T.I.E. verses four x-wings, what more could happen.” Khendon gets a quick idea and sets the autopilot.

Even though this is a simulation it feels real and he bounces around inside the small shell of a ship. Khendon quickly opens a control panel in the T.I.E. as bursts of red pass by his forward view port and the ship shifts to dodge. Khendon then pulls out several wires and reroutes them. “This should do it.” He then hits full thrust, 75% thrust due to him having full recharge set to lasers, and heads straight towards the targeted x-wing.

Khendon then pulls back on the stick in front of him causing his T.I.E. to move “upwards.” As he does this the other pilot moves “down.” Khendon sees the other pilots reaction and flips, now behind the x-wing. He then fires several burst into the enemy pilot without him knowing it knocking out the hostile’s shielding. Just as Khendon goes for the kill the pilot manages to pull away from him at a speed faster then the T.I.E. “Damn those imperial engineers.” Khendon breaks to follow but is blinded by red lights as they zoom past his cockpit burning several solar panels on his wing. Khendon curses and rolls out of the attack.

He finds his target again and ,with some maneuvering, manages to get him in site again. Khendon pulls the trigger and invisible beams of energy move out to greet his target. “Ha, try to dodge something you can’t see” Khendon says. When he had opened the control panel he had removed the wiring that allocated a visible spectrum to the lasers emitted from the front of his T.I.E. “Come get some.” Khendon pulls up and sees his next target; he brings the brackets to yellow and fires taking off a wing. Khendon kills his engines just as another x-wing speeds past him. He fires taking out two of the fighter’s engines and probably knocking the pilot out cold. He then increases his speed and takes care of the hostile unit. Khendon finally manages to locate the fighter whose wing he had blow off. He was directly above Khendon coming out of the nearby sun’s glare. He smiles as the pilots attack misses him by several meters. “Not a good shot, time to die.”

Khendon pulls up to face the attacker and smiles, he pulls the trigger and a burst of energy approaches the target, he never sees it, literally. He blows up in an inferno causing Khendon to shield his eyes. “One more and I’m outa’ here.” Khendon brings the brackets onto him and aligns his fighter for the kill, a quick pull and it’s all over.

Mission successful.

(P.S. I tried this in x-wing alliance before writing this using one T.I.E., me, verses four x-wings w/ novice AI, killed eight of them then got bored, wasn’t shot down. I then set them to veterans and I died a few times before killing four but managed to take three out in one life and the other went straight at me and his shields held until I was charred. Was interesting.)

(Edit: Put into paragraphs :o) uhh... I would have put it into paragraphs normally but the entire thing was combat so I saw no point... since it would be incorrect... but... whatever you guys want, shall be done.)

DarthPoreon
Dec 26th, 2000, 11:29:31 PM
OOC: Paragraphs... Paragraphs, Make it easy on the eyes

Khendon Sevon
Dec 27th, 2000, 12:43:25 AM
(OOC: I can't believe I wrote that trash, I'm re-posting my combat, if you don't mind, and I believe you shall find this one more attractive.)

------------------------------
Khendon’s TIE/In screeches across open space as he manipulates the yokes to bring him further away from his point of origin, space base Delphi. He increases throttle to maximum bringing down his laser recharge rate to maintenance level. He carefully manipulates the controls and does a barrel roll; he can feel the ship’s poor control as he maneuvers.

“What the…” Khendon mutters as several ships come out of hyperspace. “What can they be?” Khendon quickly does a sensor sweep and finds out that they are hostile x-wing fighters. “Come in, Delphi, this is Captain Khendon Sevon. Do you read me, Delphi? This is a code 5439 red alert, launch, I repeat, launch all fighters!” Nothing. they must be jamming me, Khendon thinks to himself. I’ll have to take them out my self, should be trouble.

Khendon pulls his foot up causing the yoke to accelerate his TIE/In. He sets his weapons recharge rate to max slowing his ship down as the x-wings approach. Khendon fires a warning burst but the x-wings don’t budge.

One of the fighters fires a burst of red energy at Khendon and he maneuver. too close for comfort, better kill them… I got an idea. Khendon fumbles around in the side of his TIE for a plasma torch. He ignites it and moves to a better position underneath his controls cutting a small rectangle shape with the torch at max burn.

Even those this is a simulator Khendon can feel his chest pains from the hot air of his suit as he breaths heavily. He fumbles around with his thick space proof gloves and finally comes upon his target, a thick red wire. Khendon quickly cuts the outer housing of the wire and then uses his brute force to break it in two.

Khendon’s TIE jerks up and down, his foot the only thing keeping him from being hit, rapidly moving it up and down to increase and decrease speed along with some basic movement of dodging as he straps himself into his seat once again with the thick cable like webbed straps that hold him in place.

Just as Khendon gets settled in his cockpit turns red, wtf?!? , Khendon thinks as his eyes adjust to the brilliance of space. One of the x-wings is directly in front of him! Khendon fires a burst and pulls up, missing the x-wing entirely. Khendon curses out loud and flips several switches as he brings his TIE into a loop. After several seconds his TIE is now in back of the x-wing that he originally fired upon. He pulls the trigger for a few brief second and energy leaps from his cannons to the x-wing. A brilliant explosion signals that Khendon has struck his mark. “BINGO!” He yells out loud.

Khendon maneuvers his TIE so he is now chasing one of the other x-wings. He pushes several buttons and he decreases his speed. He had previously noticed a blimp on the screen had been following him, it was one of the other x-wings. Khendon’s heart pounds as a fighter nearly misses hitting into him. His hands react even though his mind doesn’t and he fires. The invisible light hits its mark and the fighter blows up.

After several seconds of dodging blows and trading them he scores another kill, this time the fighter had slowed down in hopes of repeating Khendon’s former kill method, but had been met by lethal blows from Khendon’s TIE. The last fighter was now in his sites, Khendon took aim, and missed! His targeting computer had been fried when the previous target had hit his cockpit with its cannons, severally damaging many delicate instruments and knocking his site off. “Damn my luck!” Khendon spits out as he fires blindly, his site now off by about three meters. Khendon closes his eyes, even though it’s a computer, and concentrates on the systems, reading its next move. He pulls the trigger and opens his eyes. Task completed, all enemies neutralized.

Darth Viscera
Dec 29th, 2000, 12:01:20 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying. I'm usually here 16/7. Welcome to the GMA. You're now a trained member. I'm giving you command of the Imperial Expeditionary forces. Check the GMA website for stats on that fleet.

Khendon Sevon
Dec 29th, 2000, 01:52:45 PM
Khendon gives a slight nod, a quick sly smile, and walks off to check upon his assignment.