PDA

View Full Version : Captain Laser McClarty starfighter training

Darth Viscera
Jan 11th, 2001, 01:23:23 PM
You are a sole TIE Fighter on patrol from your Imperial Battle Platform. You are 300 clicks out by visual scanning, and well out of sensor range of the battle platform. All of a sudden, a Flight Group (4 ships) of T-65R3 X-Wings pops out of hyperspace, and jams your communications.

You continue this RP now. Your reaction will determine how well you are deemed to be trained as of now, and ultimately how well you will be promoted.

If you're having some trouble, read the training posts of others, which should give you some insight.

Laser McClarty
Jan 11th, 2001, 06:08:51 PM
Laser expected a leisurely approach to the Battle Station when his proximity detector going off shook him suddenly alert.

‘What in space…?’ he thought and hurriedly checked his scanners. Four X-Wings had appeared out of hyperspace and apparently had decided that he looked a likely target out here alone on his patrol.

He quickly thumbed on his comm to alert the station and call for some help.

“Station, I have four bandits, repeat four bandits about 300 clicks out in sector G5.” The squeal in his headphones when he let go the transmission button was not good. The x-wings were jamming transmissions, and he was not going to get help any time soon.

Without conscious thought his mind catalogued the comparative strengths of their vessels. Their weaponry was superior, and they were shielded. Their top speed was superior. His single advantage was that his missiles were much faster than proton torpedoes. The only thing that was going to get him out of this alive was going to be ace piloting!

The x-wings were flying in two ‘lead and wingman’ formations, currently fairly close together. Laser goosed his fighter to top speed head-on to limit their choices then feinted up and right. The right pair moved to cut him from getting to their outside while the left pair kept straight to get an angle on him. He kicked the fighter hard down left and rolled his fighter 180 degrees till his head switched with his feet.

His target pair on the right had traveled higher before they had a chance to react, and now their bellies were exposed as they turned a bit back towards him. He rolled another 90 degrees to sharpen his cut back right and sprayed out 2 missiles when he heard the first hint of a lock.

The first missile barely clipped the shield of the center x-wing, but the explosion blew pieces of his right s-foil away and appeared to damage his engines. He was luckier than his wingman, however, as he spiraled away the other x-wing took a direct hit and exploded in a mini galaxy of burning metal.

Laser McClarty
Jan 11th, 2001, 06:41:42 PM
OOC: I'll finish the dogfight tomorrow.

Laser McClarty
Jan 12th, 2001, 02:40:42 PM
Red energy lit up space around him as the second pair achieved their angle and fired their lasers at him. The lead’s shot from his linked s-foil converged on a spot just ahead of him, but the wingman’s shot clipped the left panel near the top with one of the linked lasers. Pieces of metal shot off, but the damage did not disable him. McClarty dove desperately straight down from the ecliptic to exit their line of fire, then boosted to full thrust in a turn towards the station.

He now had a choice. The two remaining x-wings had to execute a turn to chase him, and he was travelling at full speed basically in a line with the Battle Station. He could either try to make the station or hope that he could defeat these two pilots. He quickly calculated the relative positions of himself and his foes, and guessed as best he could about their relative top speeds, and how long it would take to catch him. He decided to take them into closer proximity to the station in the hope that he could get some assistance if they caught him and these two turned out to be dangerous pilots. Perhaps if he had his more powerful personal ship he would have just tried to destroy them, but he was lucky and good in the first pass, but did not care to push his luck further in this weak ship.

As the clicks reeled off and the x-wings pursued, it appeared that they would not catch him before he reached the inner screen of interceptors from the Battle Station. Their 25 Mglt top speed advantage was not enough to make up for their looping turn after the first pass and they soon broke off the pursuit. McClarty waved them off as they disappeared into hyperspace.

“Captain McClarty here, requesting permission to enter Hangar Bay 1.”

Darth Viscera
Jan 12th, 2001, 06:39:42 PM
Very good, Captain. Very good indeed. I'm assigning your squadron to the Super Star Destroyer Heartless, in the GMA Reserve fleet. It is in the process of battling with a rebel sector fleet over the ownership of Kuat.

<a href=http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=3010.topic>The Kuat Gambit</a>

Laser McClarty
Jan 13th, 2001, 12:20:31 PM
OK sounds cool, I'd like some idea about what I'm to do before I show up in a battle though! I'll look for you on MSN.

Laser McClarty
Jan 13th, 2001, 03:41:12 PM
Actually I'm hardly ever on MSN, I'm usually on AIM as heyitsseamus

Gormul Hyfe
Jan 17th, 2001, 02:01:53 PM
Wow. I truely enjoyed reading your RP, which is more than I can say about practically everyone else who has joined the GMA lately. You've got talent. Welcome aboard, Laser.