PDA

View Full Version : Lightsaber

Gormul Hyfe
Sep 25th, 2000, 01:55:36 AM
I am constructing a single-bladed lightsaber. 24cm durasteel hilt. (platinum silver) Standard 1 meter blade (dark blue).

Gormul Hyfe
Sep 25th, 2000, 09:50:34 PM
Lightsaber production continues. I have finished constructing the main frame of the saber hilt, which is currently in two pieces, and the power field conductor has been set implace. A ditanium power cell has also been set into the field conductor. Both these items are located nera the very base of the saber.

All the advanced circuitry is still to be implaced before the frame is welded together.

Gormul Hyfe
Sep 27th, 2000, 12:19:27 AM
The crystal energy chamber has been molded and fixed into place. The primary crystal mount has been attached to the power cell. The focusing crystal activators have finally been finished and are holding the focalizing crystal firmly in place above the primary crystal. The two energy gates have also been inserted. I am making great progress, and would say that the insides of the weapon are approximately half way complete. It should only be a few more days.

Gormul Hyfe
Sep 27th, 2000, 12:42:11 AM
The cycling field energizers have been put into their correct spot. I've also just begun to work on the energy modulation circuits, but so far they are just a tangled mess, and it looks like it will take some time to get worked out.

Gormul Hyfe
Sep 28th, 2000, 04:48:57 PM
Work continues on the energy modulation circuits. The insertion of a blade length adjust nob and a blade power adjust nob just add to the confusion. I have also begun welding the magnetic stabalizing ring, ring tuning flange, and blade emitter shroud. Finishing the modulation circuits should be one of the last steps before the big test.

Gormul Hyfe
Sep 29th, 2000, 10:37:28 PM
All attachments are in place, including: the magnetic stabilizing ring, ring tuning flange, blade emitter shroud, blade arc tp, blade length adjust, blade power adjust, and a D-ring. All energy modulation circuits have been hooked up correctly, or so I hope. Everything should be in working condition. The two halves have even been welded together. In other words, I'm done!

Now I can only cross my fingers and pray to the Force that the test works......

Gormul Hyfe
Sep 29th, 2000, 10:47:20 PM
<h2>YES!</h2> It works! All the elements of the saber are working perfectly!

Saber construction is officially complete. Alls I have left to do now is go kick some hiney to test this baby out!

http://geocities.yahoo.com/Heartland/B0008084950/8148/Vaderblue1.gif