PDA

View Full Version : Operation: Concord (Proposal)

Darth Viscera
Jun 27th, 2001, 01:35:58 PM
***THIS DOCUMENT IS PRIVATE. AUTHORIZED READERS ONLY. FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN THE SWFANS.NET ADMINS BEING NOTIFIED IMMEDIATELY OF INFILTRATION.***

Commencement date: August 28th, 2001

Summary: A massed coordinated attack against the Gungans at Drexel, the Republic at Kuat and Bothawui, and the Jedi at Yavin. Involved fleets will utilize Keyhole uplinks to ensure proper timing and adequate communications.

Drexel:

Imperial Colonies Sector Fleet and elements of a Dark Axis Fleet will arrive at Drexel, overwhelm any orbital defenses, and quickly land a Coalition army under the command of Sumor Rayial to defeat the forces under the command of Gen. Ceel and force the enemy to evacuate, or trap them on-planet and destroy them.

Once orbital defenses are neutralized, 80% of the fleet located at Drexel will redeploy to the Resten system, close to Kuat, to begin to mass for an attack there.

Yavin:

Meanwhile, 4 divisions of the Thyferra Sector Fleet and 2 divisions of the Delteon Sector Fleet, in addition to a fleet from the DAF, the Agamemnon and the Erebus will exit hyperspace over Yavin IV, following a reconnaissance-in-force, entrap the MC-200 Defender and Argus I with gravity wells, and pummel them with command cruiser and Titan fire, eventually either destroying Argus and Defender, or capturing them.

Once orbital defenses are neutralized, a Coalition army shall land on the planet and finish the enemy's route, or have the Jedi face certain destruction.

1 division of the Delteon Sector Fleet, along with an element of the DAF present there will remain to finalize the capture and mop up any remaining defenses, while the remainder of the Yavin IV fleet hyperspaces to rendevous at Resten with the Drexel Attack Fleet.

Kuat:

After the Yavin IV and Drexel Attack Fleets link up at Resten, they shall hyperspace to Kuat, where the entire Republic fleet is massed. Gravity well ships shall immediately activate their generators while the Coalition fleet proceeds en echelon to defeat the Republic fleet stationed there, which will number at ~715 warships. If the gravity wells hold up, we will have them trapped, and destroy them one by one.

Bothawui:

After Kuat, 1 division of the Imperial fleet, along with elements of the DAF, will hyper to Bothawui and take out ONLY Republic military targets stationed on-planet or in orbit.

This en echelon attack will serve the purpose of relocating the gungans and the jedi, thereby lowering their morale, destroying the Republic's capacity to wage offensive warfare, and finally, splitting the Republic through the political backlash which will stem from a bombardment of Bothawui's Republic military targets.

Lady Vader
Jun 28th, 2001, 01:41:15 AM
This would be a big move. I like the idea, but will it fly with the fleet RPers at SWF is the question.

Also, would all four attacks take place at the same time?
I feel it taking place at the same time would be a god idea to stretch the Republics, Jedis, and Gungans resources, but with so many ships away from our own planets, we'd be left open for attack. But, then again, if all their resources are being taken up, they have nothing to attack our planets with.

Darth Viscera
Jun 28th, 2001, 11:02:04 AM
This would be a big move. I like the idea, but will it fly with the fleet RPers at SWF is the question.

Perhaps we'd have to clear it with a few people prior to starting up the RP. Ogre has been invited here, perhaps he can tell us his opinion.

Also, would all four attacks take place at the same time?

The Drexel and Yavin attacks would take place simultaneously, followed by the Kuat attack, and lastly, the Bothawui attack.

but with so many ships away from our own planets, we'd be left open for attack.

Attack by what? The entire NR Attack Fleet will be occupied at Kuat, and hopefully, destroyed, and the NRSF fleet hasn't proposed any interest in budging from Yavin IV, where it can protect the Jedi. The Gungan fleet should be caught at Drexel. TSO and TSE have, in total, ~500 ships. I propose that 400 of these are sent on this mission as two or more organized forces, and the remaining 100 ships stay back as a Home Guard. And if you require assistance, the Empire would still be maintaining 4 divisions at home, or around ~400 ships, and would be happy to provide assistance should an emergency arise.

But, then again, if all their resources are being taken up, they have nothing to attack our planets with.

Exactly :-)

Zorin Hexes
Jun 30th, 2001, 12:02:54 AM
The idea in theory is brilliant... however, an attack on so many enemies and on such a large scale is bound to encounter immense OOC set backs due to the arguments and disagreements which will no doubt be presented by the NR and GJO (The GJO having already specifically stated their interest to avoid Fleet RPs or stay out of them all together, and this decision was also sanctioned by the SWFans.net Admins -I have no further information concerning this, and so it would be wisest for another SWFans.net Admin to confirm or deny this before we make any moves).

It sounds like good fun... but keep in mind that capturing or destroying the [i] Defender is highly unlikely. You can imagine the level of conflict this would bring on an OOC basis from certain individuals who will remain unnamed. Use of the Titan would also have to be at the consent of Gav Mortis. Unless you've asked him ahead of time then we can't even guarantee it will be present during the battle at Yavin IV, and that would be an incredibly large set back that could result in a very costly defeat.

All in all, whatever thread we start this move in might not even see an end due to the controversial issues which will arise. As it stands, rules for Fleet RPing are far too neglected and most threads concerning them end back where they started, or with little if anything at all done. Unless there are rules which are agreed upon by all, I just personally don't think this would be a good move right now. As wonderful as this plan is, I don't see it working because of the many problems that will very probably be brought about.

Darth Viscera
Jun 30th, 2001, 11:40:02 AM
The GJO having already specifically stated their interest to avoid Fleet RPs or stay out of them all together

Yet they have enormous fleet defenses over Yavin IV. The attack fleet which arrives at Yavin IV will quickly launch ground troops and Sith warriors, thereby shifting the RP from a fleet attack to a ground attack. If they wished to avoid fleet RP's, then they wouldn't maintain an Argus station and the Defender over Yavin IV. Their claim that they wish to stay out of fleet RPs is just using OOC to reinforce their position IC.

It sounds like good fun... but keep in mind that capturing or destroying the Defender is highly unlikely. You can imagine the level of conflict this would bring on an OOC basis from certain individuals who will remain unnamed. Use of the Titan would also have to be at the consent of Gav Mortis. Unless you've asked him ahead of time then we can't even guarantee it will be present during the battle at Yavin IV, and that would be an incredibly large set back that could result in a very costly defeat.

Capturing or destroying the Defender isn't the main objective. The main objective is to get the Jedi out of Yavin IV, have them once again on the run. If they are able to maintain their magic superlaser-deflecting ship in the process of evacuation, good for them.

I edited out the use of the Titan in this mission several days ago.

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 1st, 2001, 12:29:15 AM
Well, those are good points. Again, for those who don't know I play Zorin Hexes. The reason I thought about what you said concerning the Titan is this:
the Agamemnon and the Erebus will exit hyperspace over Yavin IV, following a reconnaissance-in-force, entrap the MC-200 Defender and Argus I with gravity wells, and pummel them with command cruiser and Titan fire

Darth Viscera
Jul 1st, 2001, 01:21:42 AM
my bad. I managed to edit out every part but that.