PDA

View Full Version : Cadet Pallaton's Briefing - Departure For Lorah'l

Zorin Hexes
Jul 8th, 2001, 05:18:07 AM
As Cadet Pallaton stepped into the room, there was a certain scent clinging to the air. More precisely, a female scent. Someone had been present in the room only <a href=http://pub24.ezboard.com/fgalacticmilitaryalliancefrm49.showMessage?topicID =11.topic>moments before,</a> and the young man might have definitely known it. A holo-projector flickered to life.

"If you're on time for this Cadet, then I'm sure you're wondering where I am. I couldn't be present for this briefing due to a clean up operation at Quintooine. As you're aware, there was an <a href=http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=3824.topic>insurrection</a> in the Delteon Sector recently, and as a result martial law has had to be imposed upon both Quintooine and Lorah'l to ensure that the local governments remain in place.

If you're wondering what this has to do with your new assignment, then you might want to grab the data pad inside the uppermost compartment of my desk. It's the only one that is unlocked. You're to report to Lieutenant Raerri onboard the Imperial Star Destroyer, Dominus. He'll see to it that you're assigned to a fighter squadron and put out into the field as soon as possible. Good luck, Cadet. Your ship is set to depart for Lorah'l in thirty minutes. I suggest you let the wind carry your feat. It's a long way to the shuttle terminal."

The shimmering blue figure of the Admiral faded away, a few embers of holographic light drifting to the ground before vanishing completely.

Darth Viscera
Jul 8th, 2001, 12:46:45 PM
OOC: Seeing as how you've RPed the existence of human pilots on the Dominus, let me produce some specs for a Mark II Star Destroyer's fighter capacity. The ISDII (Type I GMA-Refit) carries 1,200 TIE Devil Space Superiority starfighters (or 100 squadrons) which are usually droid-piloted, but can be piloted by a human or remotely controlled. The Destroyer also carries 2 squadrons of TIE Devastators. It's up to you or the Admiral what craft you are piloting, but here are the specs for both the Devil and Devastator:

--------------------------
TIE Devil Specs:

Projected Cost per unit: 25,000 Credits
Class: TIE Devil
Length: 3 meters
Height: 3 meters
Shields: 0
Hull: 5 RU
Speed: 166 MGLT
Hyperdrive: None

--Weapons Systems--
SFS L-s6:1 (Rapid-Fire)
Light Ion Cannon:1 (Rapid-fire)

These starfighters shall take up approximately 1/27th the volume of a standard Starfighter, having these extroardinarily small dimensions. Not only will this allow for perhaps 20 times as many starfighters to be kept on board starships, but the small size of these starfighters will prevent all but the most skilled enemy pilots from targeting them.

In addition to their small size, these ships have a small targeting profile, as they are shaped as a 3 meter long/high ball.

IMPERIAL GENERAL PATENT #759325-WEAP-ZETA

-----------------------------

TIE Devastator Specs:

Class: Heavy Assault/Long Range Starfighter/High Ranking Personnel Carrier

Hull: 9 meters long Spherical Ball, 20 RU

Shields: 85 SBD

Crew:3; 1 pilot, 2 Weapons Officers

Weapons: Station 1; Swiveling Weapons array containing: 3 Laser Cannons, 1 Concussion Missile Launcher. Station 2;1 Swiveling array containing: 3 Ion Cannons, 1 Concussion Missile Launcher.

Engines: (4) Mk.VII Sienar Fleet Systems Twin Ion Engines

Speed: 166MGLT, utilizes SLAM overdrive system for a Maximum Speed of 332MGLT.

Hyperdrive: x1 (x3 backup)

Cost: 250,000 Credits

Missile Capacity: 20 (Advanced or Standard) Concussion Missiles, or 16 (Adv. or Std.) Proton Torpedoes.

Power Generator: GMA Modular Type VI Capital Ship-Grade Ion/Dual Booster.

Power Regulator: Classified

Manufacturer: Royal Delteon Shipwrights, Incorporated, Galactic Military Alliance Starfighter Command.

Other Systems:
Cloaking Shield (Optional)
Beam Weapon (Optional)
Anti-Missile Chaff (Optional)
Anti-Missile Flares (Optional)
Type III Slave Rigger (Optional)
Type I Docking Clamp (Optional)

edit: I'd like like him piloting the TIE Devil, but it would be up to Captain Laran.

Daray Pallaton
Jul 11th, 2001, 12:04:07 PM
OOC: Thanks for all the information, Vis. :) Seem to be giving me a lot of that lately.

Serena Laran
Jul 12th, 2001, 01:34:51 AM
JESETH, if you would have told me you wanted him in the Devil, I would have put him there. As it is...he's in a Devastator, as the Devils are equipped with mostly droid brains. Cuts down on consumables, as I don't have to haul around so many annoying pilots. ;)

Daray Pallaton
Jul 12th, 2001, 01:42:01 AM
Annoying pilots? Hey! :(

Serena Laran
Jul 13th, 2001, 12:51:29 AM
A joke, of course.

Honest.

Daray Pallaton
Jul 13th, 2001, 08:05:09 PM
:p

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 16th, 2001, 11:41:51 PM
(ooc) If you're wondering why I would choose the ships which are devoid of shields, it's really kind of twisted logic. Bad pilots are weeded out. Mistakes = Death.