PDA

View Full Version : Returning from Duty...

Darth Exceron
Jul 26th, 2001, 10:47:27 AM
Exceron strode into the Delteon Sector Command Center with a slight daze remaining in his head from the lack of sleep he had been having for days after he had returned from Wor Mantell. Haunting notions of his losses, in terms of lives were the only thoughts to manifest his mind at the time; they had been phantoms that just would not be ignored. He had recovered from his period of questioning and denial by the time he had entered the faintly-lighted room; now all that remained was hatred and anger towards the Vong for their acts.

Every click of the soles of his feet against the glossed floor appeared greatly accented and magnified as it entered Exceron's ears. He had been on-edge for a relatively extended period of time, and needed something to occupy him.

A faint figure appeared to be etched in the background of the dark room, and assuming it to be a commanding officer, Exceron immediately struck a formal salute.

Exceron: "Sir, Commander Exceron reporting back from duty...Wor Mantell is secure."

Zorin Hexes
Jul 27th, 2001, 08:31:37 PM
(ooc) You mean Wor Tandell. :)

A man, completely dressed in black, stood beside a holo-projection machine. The sudden explosions and flares of bright orange and red light erupted into his pupils, reflecting back at Exceron. The unnamed figure who had given Exceron his orders seemed to remain expressionless as he watched the destruction of the Imperial ships, and the death of a few hundred smaller Vong craft. Finally, he spoke up.

"One Victory-Class Star Destroyer, One Imperial-Class Star Destroyer, Two Interdiction Pickets, 15 YT-5700s, Nearly 3000 TIE Devils, and a handful of Tie Devastators. A major industrial production area now lays in ruin with numerous civilian casualties. What do you have to say for yourself, Commander?"

The monotone voice didn't allow Exceron a chance to respond, merely cutting him off as he first opened his mouth to speak. "Your performance was admirable. The Vice-Admiral reviewed the holo-feed himself from the Belkadan front... You've earned your leave, Captain. Unfortunately I can't grant it to you yet. The risk here is too great, and the Admiral wishes you to remain on active duty for the next six months."

Darth Exceron
Jul 27th, 2001, 08:58:00 PM
OOC: Heh, I'll get it one of these days.

IC:
Exceron's entire body had stiffened just after the period in time where the unknown man had given him the impression that his actions were deemed chaotic, and unruly. Once after hearing that his actions were positive, even admirable, Exceron remained stiff with his eyes shaded in a grey glaze, nearly frozen from the aftershock of the entire comment.

After a moment of absolute silence that had manifested within the air, Exceron slowly declined his right hand from the salute, and immediately brought his entire body to a stand-still. Proceding from yet another lapse of action and communication, Exceron seperated his lips in preparation to speak.

"Sir; I shall do whatever is required of me, for the good of the Empire."