PDA

View Full Version : Plans

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 15th, 2000, 08:41:38 PM
I hear repeatedly how we need more ships, which means we need more ship yards, which means we need more planets. We have now 5 fleets. What are they doing? I realize that progress on Elom is going very slow, mainly due to the fact that my computer is A PIECE OF (@*#&$(@^%!@&@#%!, but that shouldn't be slowing anyone else down.

We have 5 fleets... that means we can be colonizing 5 planets a week. In one month we can colonize 20 planets...

While everyone sits around discussing what we can do, who we can ally with, etc., I see no reason why we can not be proposing alliances anyways.

I say we send the 5 fleets we have out to colonize, and in the mean time, get busy proposing alliances, planning, working with other groups to arrive at a decision on how to wipe out our enemies.

At the end of the week, after each fleet has colonized one planet and construction of more shipyards has begun, we should finalize our plans and begin to strike. By this time we will have strengthened in both our own strength and in the strenght of mutual agreements with others. With the help of IIHQ, URSF, and whoever else you can think of (all of whom I am sure will agree that TGE and GJO are threats), success is practically guaranteed.

Darth Viscera
Oct 15th, 2000, 10:21:41 PM
alright. Admiral Hyfe, finish up on Elom, then move on to Dantooine with the 5th fleet. When you arrive at the Dantooine System, leave the majority of your fleet at the edge of the system, and take One SSD and Three ISDs and some transports to colonize the planet. We've had complaints about us using far too many ships to colonize planets, and that it should only take 3 to 4 ships to colonize planets. Try to be aboard the SSD. Keep the rest of the fleet moving, to say, the other side of the planet dantooine, where no one can see them.

we're trying our best to be efficient, but there was a jedi on carida. From now on, we'll use only 1 fleet to take over planets, unless we run into the enemy.

ugh. I'm out of words now.

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 15th, 2000, 10:29:20 PM
Sounds good. I'm done with Elom. I'll get to Dantooine tomorrow, hopefully. My Dad is going to be out of town for 2 days so I won't be able to use his laptop at all... It's all up to those damn school computers. :lol:

Sig looks nice btw.

Darth Viscera
Oct 15th, 2000, 10:31:18 PM
alright. remember, use a small amount of ships.

oh, and thanks for the complement :)

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 15th, 2000, 10:37:44 PM
Sounds great. And your welcome.

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 15th, 2000, 11:19:24 PM
I'm out for the night. I hope to get started on Dantooine tomorrow. See ya!

Darth Viscera
Oct 15th, 2000, 11:24:25 PM
seeya.

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 16th, 2000, 06:55:47 AM
My computer worked!!!! I gotta go to school now, but it worked!!!!!!!

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 16th, 2000, 12:09:19 PM
I will start the capturing of Dantooine when I get home in about 4 hours. So, I probably won't get it posted 'till about 4pm board time.

You just want me to use half a dozen ships or so right? Hell, if we do this... I can just get some phoney commanders and stuff to take the rest of the fleet and get other planets. Frick... I could be taking a dozen planets a week all by myself! LOL, if only I were that dedicated. Anyways, could I really do two at a time though? I could make another character, and he could be like... second in command of 5th fleet. Then I could use him to take half the fleet to get some other planet while I get Dantooine.... Wow, I'm really starting to sound like we are desperate, huh? Well we do need those damn shipyards.

Oh yeah, do we need to make a post over at swfans about starting construction of shipyards at Elom, or can you just start it here without telling anyone else? If so... why aren't we builing yet???? :lol:

Let's get with the program!! :)

Darth Viscera
Oct 16th, 2000, 01:36:21 PM
We're building thirteen different shipyards right now, 11 40km, 2 20km. We've been building. Dammit Hyfe, I don't waste time!

And yes, you could make up a new character and take two planets at once, but let's not be taking more than two at a time. Swfans.net battleground is already pissed enough at us.

Gormul Hyfe
Oct 16th, 2000, 03:59:45 PM
Hehehehehe.

DarthPoreon
Oct 16th, 2000, 06:01:29 PM
Request to edit the plans. We have 5 fleets, like Viscera said we don't need the whole fleet to take a planet unless it is some major world... So why not divide each fleet into little taskforces so we can take like 15 planets a week>?

Darien Hyfe
Oct 16th, 2000, 08:05:51 PM
Hell, let's just take over sectors. Go here: Nav Computer (http://lowlight.com/swmap/), pick out a sector, and break up your fleet, each taking one planet in the sector. That way each fleet can take over one sector a week. Sectors usually range from having 2 - 15 planets. I'm doing Dantooin, so I'll take the two other planets that are in that sector.

Darth Viscera
Oct 16th, 2000, 10:36:45 PM
yes, yes, that'll work. We just have to make sure that our psots at swfans.net are decent and long and that we don't just colonize and run, otherwise they'll be on our case again.

Darien Hyfe
Oct 16th, 2000, 11:46:09 PM
I hope mine are long enough... :)

Darth Viscera
Oct 17th, 2000, 02:24:47 AM
just make em moderately long.