PDA

View Full Version : Preparations for invasion.

Wolfgang Schreiger
Sep 28th, 2001, 09:38:05 AM
My fellow imperials...I believe the time has come for us to discuss certain events...namely <a href=http://pub24.ezboard.com/fgalacticmilitaryalliancefrm25.showMessage?topicID =23.topic>this</a>.

It appears that the old pillager of Imperial Center has returned. If your intelligence recalls, this...IMPLEMENT, nearly brought Imperial Center to its knees, about 5 standard years ago. Fortunately, we were able to circumvent the rogue AI's plot, but now...it seems that the threat has returned, and in a far more ominous form.

In five days, a craft of some sort...called a "Reaver" will come to Coruscant with the intention of destroying it. I think the point is moot that such an outcome will not be tolerated.

So gentlemen...what are our options?

Telan Desaria
Sep 28th, 2001, 11:56:07 AM
I know not what a Reaver is. If it is a military threat, then I recommend stationing the Star Destroyer Groups of one of the Corsucant Sector Fleets in orbit of the planet, with the Reserve Deployment Group in reserve behind the planet's moon. When the craft(s) appear, the SD Groups should engage and the RDG should split in two and come around the moon, half on each flank and hit them in the rear.

Admiral Telan Desaria

Wolfgang Schreiger
Sep 28th, 2001, 12:44:21 PM
I would share your suggestion, however...the utterly pompous nature of the warning suggests that whatever this "Reaver" is...it has extraordinary destructive capacity. To claim that it can destroy Imperial Center, and to give us such advance notice, is either incredibly foolhearty, or it is not a bluff.

I don't gamble away the greatest jewel in the Empire. Therefore, I suggest we consider for the moment that the strategic threat to the Imperial capital is extremely high.

Khendon S
Sep 28th, 2001, 02:35:13 PM
(OOC: you do know the 'Reaver' is going to be around 120km, you don't know this IC though! Remember.)

GMA Thrawn
Sep 28th, 2001, 03:37:36 PM
What we must do is find every single bit of information we can uncover about the IMPLEMENT and these "Reavers". As we are doing this, it would be a good idea to mobilize the fleet to defend Coruscant.

I vote Moff Sevon lead the defense against the Reaver using the Coruscant Sector fleet. He may bring in his own fleet if he wishes to do so.

Two highly armed and equipped fleets, along with 10,000 cloaking mines and a fair amount of planetary weapons and defenses should be more then enough to eradicate this problem.

Wolfgang Schreiger
Sep 28th, 2001, 03:44:29 PM
OOC: Khendon, its 150 actually...and nowhere in my prior post did I say I had that knowledge. I used Implement's statement and made a guess. Schreiger knows nothing at all about these ships, but he can still make inferences with what little information he has.

IC:

Agreed...have Moff Sevon commence the engagement in the Sesswana sector. Also, see if there is any residual data left in any of our Coruscant computer banks...perhaps a footprint as to what this IMPLEMENT is, exactly.

Effective immediately, I am placing all command staff of the Colonies Sector Fleet on yellow alert. They will be prepared for hyperspace jump at a moment's notice.

Darth Viscera
Sep 28th, 2001, 04:53:16 PM
Telan Desaria, would you be so kind as to send a scouting vessel out for a better look at this vessel? I also beleive it would be in our best interests to remove our defenses from security grid control and keep them on manual for the time being. They may be less effective, but recent encoutners have shwon that IMPLEMENT would merely twist our own systems against us.

Khendon S
Sep 28th, 2001, 05:02:09 PM
For the defense of Coruscant I propose that two of the four crystal gravitation traps devoted to interdiction are modified to provide a movement disabling capability to ships in real space, thus, we may be able to slow down or stop, maybe even alter the course of, the Reaver heading for our space.

A opponent stuck in real space and incapable of movement in it, is not an opponent, but a practice target for our skilled gunners.

Also, the Guild has launched two Prophet recon craft to search for this 'AI' and its craft.

Darth Exceron
Sep 28th, 2001, 06:51:43 PM
We should not eliminate the possibility of deception and divert all warning towards the Coruscant Sector. Not only may this perpetrator have a taste for Imperial blood, but also that of dishonor. That is precisely why I propose that all Empire boundary checkpoints are excelled to defcon 4 and mobilized to be battle-ready with senses sharpened.

It is has also surpassed the point in where a retaliation assembly would prove premature, thus I believe an attack formation should be mapped now in order to maintain efficiency once this potential "super-weapon" has been quelled.

GMA Thrawn
Sep 28th, 2001, 08:57:04 PM
www.swforums.net/forum/sh...adid=10427 (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10427)

Looks like it's begun. Anyone wanna deal with that? I'll post tomorrow, mobilizing the fleet.

GuardPiett
Sep 29th, 2001, 12:27:31 PM
I'll be there. Give me command of a Star Destroyer and a wing of the best fighters we have.

Darth Viscera
Sep 29th, 2001, 01:45:03 PM
You've been given command of the Delteon Sector Fleet, Grand Admiral Piett. Zorin, I'd like you to take care of our visitor on Coruscant.

Darth Viscera
Sep 29th, 2001, 02:38:51 PM
Once the "Reaver" has ben identified, we will carry out Grand Moff Sevon's plan:

Two of the four crystal gravitation traps devoted to interdiction are modified to provide a movement disabling capability to ships in real space. Once the ship has been brought to a halt it's to be assaulted by all craft within firing range. Thyffera Sector Division One, Delteon Sector Division One, and Courscant Sector Fleets Division One are to deploy around the "Reaver" and open fire. Thrawn will be commanding the Reserve Fleet. I will personally lead this stage of the operations.

Once the second "Reaver" has been identified it is to be assaulted with high yield gravity mines equipped with cloaking devices. Two Interdictor's are to be stripped of their gravity wells and equipped with these mines. Production should be begin immidiately. I'll be looking to Exceron, Laran, Schreiger, and Fena to head this second operation. Zorin, I expect you to analyze all statiscal data recieved concerning the invader and provide feedback for me asap.

Telan Desaria
Sep 29th, 2001, 03:49:15 PM
Admirals, Lord Diktat:

I have dispatched Fire-class Light Frigates

FCLF Fire XI
FCLF Fire XII

of SD division I, group I to the Coruscant Sector on a scouting mission. They will bring all possible information. I will post at the SWforums. as well. In case of a trap, I have activated the Thyferra Sector Fleet and placed all Divisions on alert. According to my deployment orders, they are around key systems, but can be called away to reinforce another system at a moment's notice, as they are far enough out not to be caught in their gravity wells.

My command Division was just reinforced with addition personal ships from Sith yards and will be on priority alert. Call Division II, if you need reinforcments. I will assume its command in an emergency.

Admiral Desaria.

Khendon S
Sep 29th, 2001, 04:26:45 PM
Through discussing things with others, I have come to the conclusion that a backup special operations units should be prepared to infiltrate any Reaver that is not destroyed by the first plan. They should travel to the core of the craft and set a ‘low tech’ high-powered weapon with a timer, most likely one of analog origin rather than digital, and proceed to exit.

We’d have to provide static shielding and electrical shielding to their weapons and the bomb along with any stealth devices we may be able to use… this is just incase… we probably won’t have to use them, but if worst comes to worst, it’s an option.

Also, do we not still have all of those torps. designed to destroy the Titan? Can we not employ them for this role?

Darth Exceron
Sep 29th, 2001, 07:38:56 PM
I will be prepared to engage the second Reaver by use of the previously-stated gravity mines immediately following the identification of the second Reaver along with the completion of the Interdiction Cruisers equiped for this task.

Moreover, I request approximately one wing of TIE Devils (or any TIE series fighter class available) to assist in the deployment of mines as minor fire deflection but more importantly to visually shroud any speculations to the area(s) in which the mines are activated.

GMA Thrawn
Sep 30th, 2001, 08:24:35 AM
Actually Diktat, I was going to lead the Reserve Armada first flotilla in a strike against the 1st Reaver. Is this acceptable?

GMA Thrawn
Sep 30th, 2001, 12:27:00 PM
Well, we could request for the Implement to merge both ships into one ship...But it'll be huge.

Telan Desaria
Sep 30th, 2001, 03:33:36 PM
OOC-I would hate to be the ignorant charlatin of the group, but how many 150 km monstrosities are we facing? How many casualties are we willing to accept in the loss of one planet?

IC/I will post immediately to distpatch the two Frigates to the Coruscant Sector, and move all Thyferra SD Divisions out of planetary gravity wells so that they can make jumps to Coruscant space at a moment's notice.

What is my role to be in the coming battle? Do you wish me to take Division II and engage the Reaver along with the Admirals already listed, or wait in reserve at its assigned position in the Thyferra Sector until called upon?

Loyally,
Admiral Telan Desaria
Supreme Commander, Thyferra Sector Fleet

GMA Thrawn
Sep 30th, 2001, 03:37:46 PM
We are facing one 150km Reaver, and one 90km Reaver. And we are NOT losing Coruscant to either of them. Viscera will assign you a position.

Telan Desaria
Sep 30th, 2001, 03:44:32 PM
Understood. I will await my orders. In the meantime, I will post sending the two Fire-class frigates discovering the two Reavers outside of Coruscant space.

Admrial Desaria

Darth Viscera
Sep 30th, 2001, 05:13:04 PM
Very well, that is acceptable. Thrawn will command the Reserve Fleet.

Admiral Desaria, devide your Fleet as you see fit to provide cover on both fronts in case of any unexpected surprises in your sector. Corsucant is to be protected at all costs.

GMA Thrawn
Sep 30th, 2001, 06:22:18 PM
Remember, our Keyhole Matrix is now receiving information about the Reavers.

Wolfgang Schreiger
Oct 3rd, 2001, 09:38:07 AM
Keep in mind, you have the talents of Captain Fena, who is also serving under Coruscant Defense (me) :)

As well, the colonies sector fleet is on yellow alert immediately.