PDA

View Full Version : The Next war...

Telan Desaria
Oct 4th, 2001, 11:40:26 AM
I have spoken to several of you, read the various suggestions, and complied the following list of targets for the resources of the mighty Galactic Empire:

1. The Sith Empire
2. The New Republic and its allies
3. The Imperial Remnant (Reintegration by Force)

Attacking the New Republic would be a protracted affair, as we are somewhat equal to them in manpower and materiel. I wonder, after we have beaten off this Reaver that attempts to threaten the Jewel of our Empire, where do we turn our attention.

Can we solidify our plans? There is a saying about this
To win is imperative-to win easily is a blessing...

Admiral Telan Desaria
Supreme Commander, Thyferra Sector Fleet

Captain Joachim Fena
Oct 4th, 2001, 03:45:51 PM
I believe we should focus on bringing the Remnant into our fold.

GuardPiett
Oct 4th, 2001, 05:40:03 PM
Agreed.

Telan Desaria
Oct 5th, 2001, 06:29:38 AM
As do I. Then what I propose is the following operation.

While the Reaver attacks and makes waste of the Remnant fleet, an Imperial armada, from either of the Sectors, moves into position. The 2nd flotilla of the Reserve Armada will then move into the vacuum and guard the attacker's sector so as not to leave it unguarded.

The attacking fleet will then join the fray and annihilate the Reaver and put itself in a position to bargin with the Remnant. If the Remnant does not submit, the Division that is at Kamaar will eliminate the already weakened Remnant fleet, while the other divisions move on Bastion, Yaga Minor, Bormeo, and Sorini-all the major planets of the Remnant. Estimated Divisions needed-four (4). When the Remnant Fleet is wiped out, all units will commence with landing troops and begin the cooupation. The Imperial citizenry will be liberated, and the Remnant will once again be part of the Empire in its glory.

I submit this plan for tactical review and consideration.

-Admiral Telan Desaria

GuardPiett
Oct 5th, 2001, 06:16:16 PM
Four divisions? Pshaw. I say we send in one, and that one being of the Reserve fleet. It would be pointless to move forces out of a sector they've been used to and replace them anyways. Besides, I've seen no threads capturing any planet of theirs. Kamaar is the one they started with. Also, I beleive we could argue that members need to be at least semi active for the group to be allowed a shipyard. There are a million flaws with his remnent, and I say we exploit them before moving in. However, I do beleive that Thrawn, leading the fleet, should be supplemented by other admirals in this attack, ensuring a swift victory.

Also, I cannot stress enough how vital it is to bring an immense amount of anti fighter ships. Lebron has the idea stuck in his head that hisbombers are good, so we need to take them out before he can use them to any unrealistic extents.

GMA Thrawn
Oct 5th, 2001, 06:28:25 PM
I believe that adding the Remnant to our fold would be a complete waste of time. After counting the number of posts made by their members in SWFans Recognized Groups, I only noticed three had posted, rather then the required five. Hence we will be wasting our time fighting a group that isn't even legitimate, which will make us look foolish.

I choose the Sith Empire.

Although if you insist on attacking Lebron, then I suppose we could come up with something to quickly smite him.

Telan Desaria
Oct 6th, 2001, 11:14:07 AM
I agree with both Admirals Thrawn and Piett. Attacking the Remnant might be a waste of time, though their reincoproration into the Empire IS something that needs to be looked at. They have taken over the Brita-Kajarro Systems, and I have seen, after looking over their site, that they have taken Bastion and Yaga Minor also.

If we were to attack the Remnant, on 9 October, 12 Lancer-class Frigates will be completed for the Thyferra Sector Fleet which were intended to be deployed into my Star Destroyer Groups. If it is decided that we are to move against the Remnant, I can assign them detached duty and assign them to the Reserve Armada, giving you a decisive upper hand against fighters.

As far as the Sith Empire goes, I would definitely like to begin a conquest of them immediately, as I believe Admiral Thrawn goes as well. I broach the topic of a final decision so we may make preparations and decisions. Which one of us-I believe it should be Thrawn-will ask the Diktat for a decisioon as to whom we go after. We need a green light to so we can put our honed skills to work.

-Admiral Telan Desaria

GMA Thrawn
Oct 6th, 2001, 02:42:24 PM
Contradicting my last post, I now vote in favor of a full assault on the Imperial Remnant, on October 13th (more ships will be completed then). They see it fit to insult us in the OOC forum. I do not think they should be allowed to do so. Telan, if you could please get on AIM sometime, I'll IM you. I have your name.

I believe that all of us can come up with a battle plan that will render them helpless, and we can incorporate their ships and planets into OUR Empire.

After this is done, I say TSE should be our next target.

Khendon S
Oct 6th, 2001, 03:25:55 PM
I vote to consume the Remnant, then move after TSE. (TSE: First we'd have to some how disable or disinvolve their allies, otherwise we break a rule from The Art of War.)

Captain Joachim Fena
Oct 6th, 2001, 04:08:42 PM
I agree...we must find a way to cage TSO somehow. Risking war with both would sap even our empire's capabilities.

GMA Thrawn
Oct 6th, 2001, 04:58:02 PM
In the words of the old Thrawn at SWFans: Indeed.

GuardPiett
Oct 6th, 2001, 08:14:37 PM
The Sith Empire is a group not to be taken lightly. They'll use every available opportunity to send in small teams for sabeteuge, so... We need to work with that. Set up more extensive defensive grids. And make sure they know that we have. As for TSO... Well, they've taken every step to be close allies, and even allowed members from the other group to join the other's council, something that eliminates every possibility of talking with them about it. Well, we'll cross our fingers and hope the Reaver does it's fair share of damage.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Oct 7th, 2001, 12:13:30 AM
OOC: ANd I'm halfway joking when I say this. YOu want to wait for Millard to join TGE before attacking TSE...Please? Is willing to break continuity for it. And my timeline. But up to you guys.

Khendon S
Oct 7th, 2001, 08:50:08 AM
I say we wait a month, that way we'll have a large amount of new ships with new technology, such as the ISD4 and Quietus, to do special operations or heavy fleet combat. The Quietus can be used for our own spec. ops. onto their planets, which should keep some of their commando teams back home instead of trying to take on us in our space.

I'll start work on special anti-esp./sab. equipment.

Telan Desaria
Oct 8th, 2001, 07:12:17 AM
The Aurora-class Star Destroyer will also be completed on 23 October, shortly after the beginning of hostilities...

I also, in the realm that sabotoge is possibility, we begin recruitment of Intelligence personnel-IE Acting Sergeant Dark Planeswalker. I have spoken with him and he is anxious to commence his service to the Empire. He reminds me of me when I joined the glorious GMA. He would be useful to hold in reserve should the SE try to infiltrate any of our planets.

PS-Admiral Thrawn-I am usually on IM in the morning between 730 and 830 and between 1230 and 1255-lunch. Ummmmm...

GMA Thrawn
Oct 8th, 2001, 09:04:19 AM
Understood. I also suggest we allow Dark Planeswalker to join and create an Intelligence forum for him to report in. Is he trustworthy?

Telan Desaria
Oct 8th, 2001, 09:13:35 AM
He has quasi-joined, and compiled a dosier on the Imperial Remnant in the Recruitment Froum, as he had no where else to put it. We should create a locked forum for Intell, run by Hexes, as he's Intell Director.

I'll talk to him. You set it up.

OOC-BTWi'm on AIM

GuardPiett
Oct 9th, 2001, 06:47:33 AM
On AIM, yes, but you didn't reply :p

Telan Desaria
Oct 9th, 2001, 11:06:18 AM
what is you aim, Grand Admiral Piett? The reason I didn't say hello is becuase I don't have your name...