PDA

View Full Version : Well???

Darth Viscera
May 16th, 2001, 05:11:48 AM
Isn't anyone going to compliment me on spending hours producing a very neato-looking board?????

I WANT COMPLIMENTS NOW!

Gormul Hyfe
May 16th, 2001, 07:35:25 AM
Good job. I saw it yesterday but didn't have time to post.

Nice work.

Darth Viscera
May 16th, 2001, 07:49:48 AM
thank you :)

NEXT!

Gormul Hyfe
May 16th, 2001, 09:24:33 PM
Since no one else seems to be around, I'll give you some more.

I love the way the colors of the left side "panel" (I guess you can call it that) blend so nicely with the rest of the board design. It gives it a very fashionable look. The board now looks more professional, and it's also a really nifty option. The one downfall is that now the whole window does not come close to fitting into the browser. You have to scroll over to see the dates and everything, which becomes a nuisance. Is there perhaps any way you can decrease the width of the board space on the right to narrow it down and make it fit better?

Also, some suggestions for the left side panel. It looks like you need to fill it up some, so perhaps it would be interesting if you included a "recent news" section. It could be used as a quick update of recent events involving (or not necessarily involving, if you want) the GMA. It would be a nice way to keep people informed. You could also put on some links to other Imperial boards (even though there aren't really any other big groups...).

Gormul Hyfe
May 16th, 2001, 09:27:02 PM
Oh, and I love the glowy saber things for the "links" section on the left. Nice.

And that's quite an interesting set of links you've got there at the top.

Have you ever played that "Earth" game, or do you just stick to Utopia? I used to play both, but haven't for quite some time.

Darth Viscera
May 17th, 2001, 05:25:52 AM
At the moment, I don't know how to fix the resolution problem. It is simply optimized for 1152x864.

Just Utopia.

I have no idea what to put in the left table. I can't think of anything.

Gormul Hyfe
May 17th, 2001, 07:38:46 AM
Well I just gave you some. I really think the "recent GMA news" thing is a good idea. I'll try to think of some more stuff you can put in there.

Darth Viscera
May 17th, 2001, 08:25:10 AM
What kind of news though?

Gormul Hyfe
May 17th, 2001, 08:49:46 AM
Oh, I don't know. Either general news of what's going on all over swfans, with all the groups and everything. Or just news about what the GMA has been up to lately. Just a date with a topic and a few words describing it, and then a link to where you can find out more about the "news event". Like... you could put something about how you and I have started up that Aceldama spar. Or you could put something about incoming new recruits. Or you could say something about how Fleet sizes continue to increase, or how work on the "keyhole matrix" project continues. All kinds of stuff. Anything and everything you want to put on there, you can.

Darth Viscera
May 17th, 2001, 09:58:02 AM
Have you seen the link to Aceldama that I put up there?

The Emperor Reborn
May 17th, 2001, 03:25:01 PM
Is it just me or are the font sizes really small?

Darth Viscera
May 17th, 2001, 06:02:50 PM
nah

Gormul Hyfe
May 18th, 2001, 07:36:13 AM
Don't look to small to me.

Darth Eve
Jul 14th, 2001, 10:06:46 AM
I like the way the left column is ... but if you want to fill it up more, you could add some site links now, maybe some pics, or some official star wars stuff. If you're wondering what I mean, check out my place.

Also, what resolution are you viewing this board in? I am in 1024 x 768 and its not fitting in the screen... so I was wondering.

Mr Crow
Jul 14th, 2001, 11:24:08 AM
(This is DV. I'm too busy to log out)

1152x864 resolution. Any way that I can kill this unused space on the right?

Daemon Hyfe
Jul 14th, 2001, 11:20:28 PM
Ask Qui how he did it. Somehow he got the TNO board downsized enough to fit the whole board in the browser.

Khendon S
Jul 15th, 2001, 02:53:09 PM
Eh? Alien Nation? Scorpions? Beware the Alien Nation? What? HELP?! MY HEAD IS ON FIRE!?!