PDA

View Full Version : Zands sample for Visc

Nicoli Zand
Feb 17th, 2002, 03:56:25 PM
OOC:More to come.

"You know Raymond, you just ain’t got what it takes to be an Ace up there man" said Saloski from the other end of the mess hall table. He spoke with a wide grin on his face, like a Rodian would show as the man stuffed a piece of food in his mouth. This guy was slick, big headed but as nervous as hell. Twelve kills on the roster and he called himself an ace, yeah right...ace at acting like a jerk more like. The guy was big, and I mean big, I mean 230 pounds, he sat like a Gammorian with his catch of the day nibbling at his food like every morsel counted.

“Saloski what in gods name are you babbling about man? You got twelve hits on your roster and you think your so big dude who cares we are all here for the same reason whether you got 40 kills or 7. gimme’ a break; your full of it.” That was Leroy, my best bud. The only way I can describe my wing commander was...well...he was cool. Medium built guy with black shaved hair .Its funny; you could always see the wheels turning in his head looking for the next sarcastic comment. Full of witty comments from military school and just as clever. He sat eating in his standard military pants and grey T-shirt grinning at another person’s comment.

“Saloski, cant you shut that trap of your for one little minute? look at yourself man it’s a wonder how you get into the damn cockpit let alone make it into Firestorm Squadron what did they have to do?, resize the cockpit for your personal tastes? “ I said gesturing with my fork with a vegetable on the end, defending myself from Saloski’ sarcasm. Leroy and the boys looked up towards Saloski with a grin knowing I just hit home.

I couldn’t say too much I only had 6 kills on my score list, not exactly anything special, then again I was the newest of the 11 squad

Saloski pushed the rest of the roll into his mouth, his cheeks bulging like a fat Twi'lek. The table roared with laughter, several of the eaters choking on their food as they did. The angered pilot muttered something, not completely understandable, but it caused the table to fly into tears of laughter. Cursing every word under the sun, Saloski left the rest of his food on the table as he stormed out of the mess hall his belly bouncing on every step, his curses still heard as the metallic, grey doors closed behind him.
•••

The cargo deck was colder than a night out in the Ambrian desert and I truly mean cold, the guys were breathing heavy that was clearly visible you could see the warm mist rise from there mouths, we had run 2 miles without a single stop, however when we got to Captain Thomas at the end of the deck…he was not happy looking, his face said it all before we even hit the finish line.

“ What the hell do you think this is girls some kind of rest home? It took you 14 minutes and 24 seconds to run the parameter of this cargo deck, What the hell was that? Diktat Viscera is not running some kind of old peoples home aboard this star ship, you are a squad of Starfighters not a bunch of old grannies in wheelchairs do I make myself clear 11’th Squad?” DI Thomas said his hat bouncing up and down on his baldhead every time he opened his mouth to shout.

“Yes sir!” shouted the 11th squad the shouts not bothering a hair on Drill Instructor Thomas’ face. Come to think of it, he never had any hair on his head. Thomas was one of these “Loud mouth” DI’s he would come in your bunk area at 3 in the morning and fire a dud loaded blaster just to get you to take cover under your bed and then say “You got an hour to sleep then im coming back ladies” like we could sleep after that. The man was a total nutcase but I guess he got the job done and kept us on our toes. However he was a very highly decorated officer.

“Okay ladies your going to do that again, and I want it run in under 10 minutes or we don’t sleep tonight through running until dawn DO YOU.…………… “…Like I said…. Nutcase…thank god we were saved by the bell.

A man run in sweating like a Ambrian pig in the sun, it was the communications officer, hell he must of run a few miles to get here and run full sprint at that, no wonder he was covered in his own sweaty fluid.

“Lieutenant Mar what do you think you are doing disrupting the grannies charity ball here, cant you see im trying to run a morning exercise session here boy?” We all looked at each other.... Granny charity ball? What was the man on? Of course Saloski gave a sarcastic grin as usual chewing on his gum like he was top dog even though he came in last place at 14 minutes 24 seconds, heh! It will never change.

“Captain Thomas sir, sorry to have interrupted your granny…”

He stopped and looked at our ever-growing frustrated faces before carefully considering his own choice of words. Hell Mar was puny as hell no wonder he was just a Comm officer. He was thinner than a rake, I mean you could snap the mans body in half over your knee so I truly don’t think he was about to take on the guys at 11th squad with his own sarcastic reaction to Captain Thomas’ comment.

“Your er.. You’re training session sir, but 11th Squad has been called to briefing room 2 by request of Brevet Grand Admiral Taylor Millard” he continued with a side smile.

“ Okay Lieutenant Mar thank you for the message we will be there after they do this run again…. And I mean under 10 minute’s girls not 14 minutes 24 seconds” the sighs and groans sounded throughout the 22 men at 11th squad as Lieutenant Mar left the deck with a huge smile over his face and Leroy pointing at him muttering.

•••

The briefing room was not only crowed full of people but also full of smoke from cigarettes and such, I hated that smoke. Every couple of seconds I had to flap my hand in front of my face trying to brush the fowl air away from my nose. We were stuck right in the middle of the uncomfortable room, the chairs were harder than nails, and it was like sitting on a jagged rock. Not to mention somehow don’t ask me how, but Saloski had his feet perched apon the backrest of my chair just to get a rise out of me. I was already annoyed and we hadn’t even started yet.