PDA

View Full Version : Arrival

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 02:08:57 AM
Jeseth walked into the room, tossing the limp body of Kaine Darklighter onto the floor. He began speaking to Darth Rane, his tone optimistic and confident, just as the echo faded away from Kaine's head striking the cold stone floor.

"I <A HREF=http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicstarwarsroleplayingarchive.showMessage ?topicID=3072.topic>watched</A> this one in battle not long ago... I beleive he may have incredible potential. I brought him here to show him the full power of the Dark Side, and not merely the soft touch which he felt. Perhaps you could assist me..?"

He looked down at Kaine, a smile coming across his face. He was waking up...

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 02:12:53 AM
Kaine, who was slowly starting to wake up, openned his eyes. He stares straight forward, seeing Jeseth there. He sits up, then looks up behind him, Seeing the large body of Darth Rane. Kaine instantly spins around, starting to crawl backwards, but runs straight into Jeseth's feet. He stares up at the frightening Rane, not moving from his position.

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 02:32:26 AM
Still having not said a word, Darth Rane raises one clawed hand, slowly bringing it to his chin. Rane wrapped his fingers around his thick jaw, rubbing it slowly before speaking.

"I think that mayhap a test, of sorts, is in order. A trial, to determine if he can handle our rigorous conditions. Have you any suggestions, Jeseth?"

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:02:33 AM
He took a deep breath and shook his head, looking down at Kaine who now leaned against his legs.

"Rise."

Jeseth watched as the Jedi hesitantly rose to his feet, clutching to his stomach. It was pathetic... He could sense his hesitation and fear.

"What is it you fear..?"

He stared at him, eyes penatrating through his ineffective attempt at hiding his emotions.

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:04:05 AM
"His looks." Kaine says, while motioning to Rane.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:11:37 AM
Jeseth grinned as he looked to Darth Rane.

"That is the price that he pays for his gift; Fear is his ally."

His eyes searched deeper into the Jedi's mind, feeling for his thoughts and ripping them away from him, taking the words from his mouth and leaving him speechless.

"I saw you fall in battle, and could have easily left you there to die. However, now you seem to feel nothing but contempt for me. Why?"

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:18:52 AM
"You could've left me there, But I wouldn't have died. Someone would've found me. And I know that for a fact. I know Warren would of came for me. And if he knew where I was, He'd come for me. Why can't I just leave?" He says, trying to ignore Jeseth's question.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:25:44 AM
Jeseth moved his hand and brought his saber from up it's place quickly, his wings bursting forth as he slammed his forearm into Kaine's chest. The Jedi found himself quickly pinned to the wall that he was sure was across the other side of the room only a second ago. He felt no pain, but he felt nothing else. The impact might have broken his back... But no, he could feel it now; A sharp sting moving up his spine.

"I could have left you there to die, or I could have killed you myself. You used your anger once before, now use it again... Use your anger to over come your fear."

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:27:40 AM
He winced slightly, clenching his teeth at the same time. "Why..? Why use my anger? It's the path of the dark side.. I am a Jedi. I may only be a Padawan.. But I wont be turned.."

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:30:08 AM
Darth Rane couldn't suppress a laugh from escaping his clenched jaw. Of all the imbecilic Masters to be stuck with...

"A Jedi? Charged to that fool Warren? Why, I've faced a more fearsome task wiping excrement from my boot."

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:41:30 AM
He turned his head to Rane. "Don't talk about Warren in that way!"

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:47:38 AM
"Oh? Do you intend to halt me from doing so?

Besides... I thought you Jedi prized those who told the truth."

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:49:14 AM
Jeseth raised a brow and watched intently as Kaine considered his options.

"Don't be so naive... You saved yourself in those final moments of battle only because your anger and your pain allowed you to do so. But then you let it control you. You must learn to control it. That is the way of a Jedi. A Dark Jedi... Join us and help us bring a balance to the Force."

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:51:13 AM
"But the thing is, Rane, You aren't telling the truth. Join you? I'd rather die. Now, I'm leaving." He pushes Jeseth's arm off him, and slowly begins to walk away.

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 03:53:29 AM
"Then shall I take that as an admission of your weakness? What a pity..."

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:04:38 AM
Jeseth's hand went out, sweeping Kaine off his feet quickly and with impact. He coughed as he hit the ground, the stone floor smacking against the back of his skull and his vision blurring.

"...And how do you intend to leave this planet? You have no ship."

He strode over to the Jedi who now lay on the ground and jammed his boot against his chest, knocking the air out of him. He gasped for a few moments as he attempted to speak.

"I don't beleive you've ansered either of our questions yet."

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:08:06 AM
"Exactly the same way we got here, Jeseth.." He grins slightly. "Now.. Get .. off ME!" He sends a quite large force blast up into Jeseth, knocking him a few feet into the air. Kaine instantly rolls to the side, and standing up, with Jeseth hitting the floor infront of him. He thinks about taking Jeseth's saber and striking at him, but Kaine doesn't do it. Kaine merely takes a few steps back, looking at the 2 Dark Jedi. "Now let me leave.."

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:19:10 AM
He bent his knees as he hit the ground, rising back up to his full height and glaring at Kaine.

"I brought you to the place where you could recover from your injuries, and you appear to have done so considerably... I have no obligation to take you back, and unless you plan to steal my ship, I don't see you going anywhere.

You really disapointed me... Someone of your ability could learn much with us. Everything you could ask for, for whatever ends you wished to meet. It even seemed as if we had similar goals. To protect the galaxy... If I'm not mistaken?"

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:20:57 AM
I'm afraid that you have only two options open to you as a means of leaving this place:

The first is by joining us, and standing by our side.

The second involves a six foot pine box.

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:21:31 AM
"To protect the galaxy.. From people like YOU!" Kaine continues to slowly back away. "And I wont be stealing your ship.. I'll just be borrowing it." He grins slightly, then spins around, and begins to run, to try and find Jeseth's ship.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:29:03 AM
What nonsense.

Disorder balzed to life in Jeseth's hand, but just as quickly left it. The saber hummed through the air, slashing across both of Kaine's legs and sending him to the floor. Jeseth's hand's had already tightened around the hilt once more and he headed towards the Jedi. His legs bled and burned, cracking at the edges of his newly formed wounds.

"I';m afraid even if you attempted to borrow my ship, you could never adequately bypass the security systems. You'd find that the ship would kill you much faster than I. You've already heard your options... though I don't beleive we'll need a such a large box, Rane... Will there really be so much of him left??"

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:31:12 AM
Walking over to Kaine's position at a steady pace, Rane allows a grim smile to cross his features.

"Mayhap we won't..."

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:31:54 AM
Ah damnit.. That's the end of me.. He sighs softly, then stares over at Jeseth and Rane, wondering what his fate will be.

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:37:49 AM
Darth Rane raises an upturned hand, motioning with two fingers at the Jedi Padawan. Slowly, he's lifted from the ground, as if by an invisible hand, until he's brought to eye-level with the taller Sith. His eyes swirl with whorls of red and orange, like molten metal.

"Look at me! Look into the gateways to my soul, and see in me what resides in yourself: the power to do what needs to be done."

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:40:58 AM
He stares at Rane, who is holding him still. Kaine tries to kick at Rane, but his legs are too weak, and Rane doesn't even budge. It's all over..

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:41:46 AM
Jeseth places his saber behind Kaine's neck, letting it singe away the his hair and watching him twist away.

"Do you feel the pain? You could free yourself of all this and stop being a victim to your own fears..."

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:44:41 AM
Accept it... resign yourself to the dark fate that awaits you. Resisting will only prolong your suffering. Give in to us; Give in to yourself, and your own Dark Desires. It is the only way...

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:48:56 AM
No.. I can't give in.. I wont give in! I may die here.. But I wont give in! I can't! He stares aimlessly at Rane, not opening his mouth even a millimetre.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:53:29 AM
Jeseth could hear his thoughts as clearly as if he were speaking.

"Listen yourself. You're afraid! Afraid of WHAT?"

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:54:12 AM
Thrusting his arm forward, Rane buries his claws lightly into Kaine's chest, the tips of his hard, black claws digging themselves into his flesh. They stop only when they reach bone, lightly cracking his breastplate.

"My patience wanes, little one. I am beginning to consider ripping out your heart and feasting on it as an alternative.

Tell me: what good is being noble when you're dead? What good is honor to those who cannot be revered?"

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 04:59:03 AM
"Can't you just leave me alone!? If I am but a worthless Padawan that wastes your time.. Let me leave! Ugh, You're literally killing me with this!"

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:02:13 AM
He sneers, twisting his claws just a bit.

"That was what we said we would do, is it not? Do not mistake our intentions: your death would hold little value to us, other than entertainment. So we would be sure to make it as slow and as painful as possible. You see, I know how to hold a person on the cusp between life and death for days on end..."

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:04:24 AM
;; Grabs him by the hair and pulls him upwards out of Rane's grasp, the claws ripping down his chest violently as he's struck against the floor. ;;

"You can be more than just a worthless padawan! But you insit on being blind to that...Why? Answer my question."

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:14:12 AM
They know I wont be able to take much more of this.. They're doing this on purpose.. I mustn't give in.
The pain rushes through his body, as the large gashes down in chest pour out with blood. "You.. you expect me to answer questions.. yet.. You put me.. through so much.. pain.."

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:16:47 AM
One of the many truths the Jedi you swear yourself to hide from you: Life is Pain. Accept it, Use it... drink it up like mead and channel it.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:17:33 AM
"Then answer my questions, and the pain may cease..."

He walks over to the Jedi and places his hand atop his chest, numbing the wound's affects on his mind for a second, then pulling away and allowing the pain to rush back at him.

"It can stop."

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:21:06 AM
"Make it stop and.. and I'll join you.." Kaine stares willingly up at Jeseth.

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:32:30 AM
Darth Rane nodded, and with a flick of his hand, it was all gone. All the pain, the agony; The sea of Despair and Doubt... it was all awash, replaced with the calm certainty of one who had made the right choice.

"Welcome to the fold, Dark Childe."

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:39:41 AM
Jeseth grinned only slightly as he rose to his feet beside Kaine.

"You'll find that your bodies state will not have improved, despite the release of pain... However, for now perhaps it'll be better if you sleep."

Jeseth looked at him intently and focused on those process in his mind which induced sleep, helping him to achieve such a goal.

"Now rest... and you shall awaken into a world which you will look upon in a different light.."

Kaine Darklighter
Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:44:11 AM
Kaine stayed on the ground, and let Jeseth go through his mind. He suddenly felt tired - very tired. Before long, his eyes were shut, and he was seemingly sleeping.

Darth Rane
Jan 22nd, 2001, 05:51:35 AM
As Kaine drifted off to slumber, Darth Rane spoke softly, yet clearly, imbibing his words into the recruit's dreams:

"Stand with us, and you shall live for eternity. Betray us, and your suffering will be unparalleled."

Delirion
Jan 22nd, 2001, 11:50:10 AM
Having arrived only to see the child fall asleep as Rane and Cloak had welcomed him, she stands a little away from the others, and laughs.

Her laugh is a hollow, vicious one, without the usual happy qualities one would associate with laughter. It sounds warm only in the way that her voice is deep and husky.

She laughs at the others, not quite knowing for herself why it is exactly that she is laughing. But something seemed funny - maybe the pathetic attempts of the Jedi to shield his soul from the Dark Side? Oh, how easily he had been swayed! Rane and Cloak made it look like child's play...