PDA

View Full Version : Dust Settled.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 5th, 2001, 02:40:49 PM
Morgan had finally managed to kick his hyperdrive back into working order, after rewiring the NaviComp.

I should really buy new parts and spares for the damned thing, so won't have to jury rig it.

Suddenly, the Tea ripped itself free of hyperspace, the stars ceased to swirl, and righted themselves to points of light against an inky backdrop.

Below, the boiling surface of Vjun moved about in an unsteady cycle. Acidic clouds swirled about, eating away at rock with liquid corrosion. Volitile summed the place up best.

"CAD, set us down here." Morgan said as he fed the computer cooridnates."

Twitter, beep, blat.

"Ships just jumped into hyperspace? This place should have little to no traffic. It's hellish, and not near the shipping lanes."

Blat. Negative, in other words.

"Aye, unusual. Vectors?"

The three dimensional starchart hovered in front of him, and he watched as the ship's computer narrowed the possible arrival points.

TSE?

"CAD. Full burn until we hit the atmosphere. Something happend down there."

-----

Dust from the rocky ground of Vjun swirlled up as the Tea settled to a rest. Metal wreckage dotted the landscape. The air was charged with conflict, but it was slowly fading. Still, something borderline epic had happend here today.

If one looked closely, blood stained the ground. Morgan jogged twoards Bast, exactly where Jeseth said it would be.

"Cloak!" his voice rippled with the Force behind it.

"CLOAK!"

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 5th, 2001, 02:50:26 PM
Jeseth leaned against a door, looking up at the sky. The man had blood over his hands, but obviously not his own. Near the landing pad a ship lay smoking in ruins, and the warm feel of combat still filled the air. Jeseth looked like hell.

"You missed all the action."

He smirked and waved Rama's saber in front of Morgan's face.

"I don't think he'll be out and about for a long time."

The Sith's expression was one of confusion.

"The mighty Sith Empire decided to pay us a visit. They've gone now, and taken Trace with them. Delirion ran off someplace too... but luckily for me she was around long enough to keep me alive. These bacta treatments aren't working as well as they used to. Oh, and remember that clone? He's up as well... and asking quite a few questions."

Morgan Evanar
Jul 5th, 2001, 03:16:59 PM
Morgan blinked a few times.

Jeseth was in very rough shape, but he gloated as he walked into Bast nonetheless, waving a saber about, flipping it into the air on occasion.

"Jeseth, who's saber is that."

Cloak grinned wide, and let out a short laugh.

"Why, none other than Rama Sha's!" He flicked the saber over his head, and caught it with his other hand.

Morgan sort of shrugged, although he was dissapointed that he missed out on the fray.

"Somehow, that creature is still alive. What does Delirion want with it, anyway?"

Jeseth shrugged in turn.

"Come, lets see the clone. He is very curious. Hopefully you can help safely satiate some of it."

This was a very odd mood for Cloak. It was a twisted glee, of sorts.

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 5th, 2001, 03:28:19 PM
It was only a few minutes later that they had made their way to the bottom of the complex, entering the dimly lit room that was Jeseth's study. The door slid open silently, DT settled into a comfortable looking couch that doubled as a bed. He was flipping through one of Jeseth's book and grinned as he saw the newcomer.

"Meet Darth Turbogeek."

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 6th, 2001, 03:54:56 AM
:: The apprentice was sitting on the bed, exploring this new world of books. It's hadnt taken much to read to read and he was facinated by the words and pictures that could form meanings.

And they told him so much!

At present, he was flicking through a history text, when he heard someone at the door, He looked up as the door answered, saw Jeseth Cloak, his Master and immediatly went into the bubbling and bouncy mode he had when some one like Jeseth or Arya was about.

"Hey Jeseth...." His words trailed off as he noted the stranger. Oh. Automatically, he noted the person's colour, seeing it was dark, presumed it was another Dark Jedi. Not another one of these morose and silent people like Hobgoblin or Delirion. Or Rane. They weren't nice and didnt talk to him. Didnt even want to know his existance. But this new person didnt quite have a Dark colour like others. His was shaded differently

"Ummmm.... who's this Jeseth?" He was a bit edgy with this.

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 6th, 2001, 11:35:35 PM
"Morgan Evanar. He was one my master in the ways of the Force... That was before my eyes were open to this new world, and before his were open as well. We served a different destiny then, walking similar paths."

Jeseth entered the room, Morgan following in step behind him. The door very slowly hissed shut as the Dark Jedi took a seat at his usual work area, a few light saber parts and data pads laying around it.

"Morgan, I've an interesting proposition to make to you. I beleive your talents and knowledge are rapidly going to waste among the Sith... perhaps you may be interested in what I feel I should offer you."

Morgan Evanar
Jul 6th, 2001, 11:55:49 PM
"Aye, waste. Perhaps a bit."

Morgan's response was short, and slightly uncertain, but he was slightly distracted and intruiged by the clone. Something about him seemed vastly different than the original. He studied him a moment in silence. Very stong in the force. Very strong. But he smelled... naive, childlike. Which made sense, but still left him in an uncertain state. Cloak would have to be very careful. He smiled at the clone, who eyed him quizically, as if he expected Morgan to speak.

"Not now. Jeseth and I have a few things to discuss. Maybe later."

"Well Cloak, you've grabbed my curiousity. Lets see if you can hold on to it."

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 7th, 2001, 12:15:18 AM
The Dark Jedi smiled at Turbogeek and turned back to Morgan.

"That sounds rather difficult, but I'm willing to try my hand... It's long been my beleif that the Sith are too eager to destroy, not only others but themselves. I don't see that quality quite so prominent in you. An expert slicer and skilled artisan. I've yet to meet many Sith who can claim to be either. They lack the patience and tact. I know that things such as money and property come cheap to you and so I wouldn't dream of making any such offer... what I offer is brotherhood within these walls. Acceptance into The Black Hand. Few truly know of our existance, though with every passing moment we become more widely known. Soon it may no longer be possible for us to hide our presence. The Sith know far too much. They no longer see us as a band of misfits, but as a threat... "

He smirked and shrugged. Jeseth was obviously not very much concerned with the situation, but he knew as well as Morgan that the Sith hated fear they could not control - and The Black Hand was something they definatly could not control.

Morgan Evanar
Jul 7th, 2001, 12:48:33 AM
"I know that your intentions are... honorable in this case. But a promise of brotherhood is well and good, but why? Why should I support you, Jeseth? I need better reasons than that."

He paused, shaking his head.

"Aye, you should know I don't simply get involved in anything without research. Come, tell me. And don't expect me to turn my back on TSO. I shan't. Some there, are... dear to me."

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 7th, 2001, 12:58:57 AM
"Support me? It would be quite mutual... We provide you with a place where you will always be welcome, free to do as you please. I don't ask you to betray the order... I have no such intentions myself. I merely offer you a refuge from the rest of the galaxy. One siuch as yourself might desire such a thing... but of course, you're free to do all the research you like. The Black Hand would be honored to have one as capable as yourself within our fold."

Morgan Evanar
Jul 7th, 2001, 01:15:21 AM
Refuge. Ahhhh. What a novel concept. It sounded almost comoforting. And despite being rather dismal, it did have the genuine advantage of being isolated. Yes, it could be defined as a refuge.

"Ahh, Jeseth, now that does sound like you have something. I'm intruiged. But..." Morgan made motions in the air with his left hand, while his right held something invisible between two fingers.

"... are there strings to this?"

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 7th, 2001, 01:22:01 AM
He smiled, almost laughing at the rather odd visual display.

"No, not truly... You are free to do as you like. Other members of the fold are free to ask of your assistance, but it is requested... not demanded. You may for the most part do as you wish, provided your loyalty towards your brethren is true."

Morgan Evanar
Jul 7th, 2001, 01:47:18 AM
"Well then. I'll just see how it goes. Who else lives in these halls?"

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 9th, 2001, 01:44:39 AM
"Darth Rane, Cardinal Aiyalin, Delirion, Hob Gobling... Those are the ones you might know or have met. The rest are likely strangers to you. You may, of course, feel free to explore."

He shrugged and handed Morgan a bottle from atop a shelf.

"A drink?"

Morgan Evanar
Jul 9th, 2001, 01:53:31 AM
"I'm unfamiliar with all, save Delirion."

Morgan took the ale in his hand, and popped the cap.

"Quite tasty."

Darth Turbogeek
Jul 9th, 2001, 08:33:28 AM
:: Turbogeek had to admit, he was intriged. Who was this person that seemed to know Jeseth so well? He had to admit, this Morgan also seemed somewhat friendlier too, although cautious.

He wondered if he could speak, but chose to stay silent and continue to listen. This was proving quite of interest::

Jeseth Cloak
Jul 13th, 2001, 11:12:52 PM
"In time... you'll come to know them all. Feel free to come and go at your leisure. I think it may be a few days, but you'll slowly begin to realize just exactly what it is you're being offered."

Jeseth placed the drink back up onto his shelf, at least what was left it, and sat down beside Turbogeek. There was a creaky brown chair which he kept there often for the purposes of spending a few afternoon sessions tutoring his apprentice in several subjects. He seem to show promise in nearly all of them, even the ones which he seemed to dislike. He recalled Morgan once mentioning to him durring their time as Jedi something about Turbogeek being his master, but it was hard to figure out exactly how that would affect his view on this clone.