PDA

View Full Version : Riddle Me This... [Hobgoblin]

Nupraptor
Aug 1st, 2001, 08:29:29 PM
There was a faint sizzling sound as a piece of flesh dropped onto the tiled floor of Bast Castle, bubbling and shriveling in upon itself. The acidic rainwater that covered most of the planet's surface was indeed potent stuff, as many of the quickly decaying corpses scattered about it's surface had found out. The man who called himself Nupraptor, however, found that he rather enjoyed the burning touch of the light downpour, which had become more of a soft drizzle by the time he entered the battered entrace of the castle. He felt the piece of flesh fall away from his upper arm, leaving a small hole in his bicep, but paid it little mind. He, in fact, rather enjoyed the pain it brought. Any kind of pain was better than the one that he constantly suffered under. He just wished that he could make it hurt more.

As he walked in under the hooded archway, he took a minute to stop and catch his breath. It had been quite a hike from where he had landed his Corellian Gunship, but the added distance was well worth the reward. He didn't want to have to bother himself with the rest of the Dark Jedi here. There would be no need for that, yet. Right now, he only sought an audience with a single one of them. And he knew that his request would be granted. The spindly little creature couldn't possibly pass up the opportunity.

He stopped then, reaching what appeared to be an audience chamber of some sort. High up, several floors above where he now stood, there was a throne, of sorts, that lay empty. In his study of this place, Nupraptor had learned that the Castle was once home to the late Emperor Palpatine. It was just that arrogant bastard's style, to make those who sought an audience with him to address him from below. Probably gave him some sort of ego boost... like he needed it. Now, it had clearly gone unused by the Dark Jedi who had commandeered his former and not-quite-so-humble abode. Nice to know that they had some collective logic.

And just what defined a 'Dark Jedi', anyway? Was it simply a person who had once been a Jedi, and fallen from the light? Most people thought that Fallen Jedi always joined the ranks of the Sith... the fools. While there were indeed many Sith worthy of respect and even fear (his own master included), the large majority of them were petty children all vying for the same power. Most of them likely fancied themselves "evil", or perhaps something more. Yet none of them knew the true nature of evil. Nor, he suspected, would any of them understand why he had ultimately chosen to forsake the Light. But these Dark Jedi... perhaps he was more like them than he was willing to admit to himself. He would need to save those musings for another time. As it stood, he wished to finish what he came for and be gone as quickly as possible. Allowing his eyelids to slide shut, the former Jedi sent out a mental calling, directed at one man - one creature.

~Hobgolin who takes residence in these decadent walls, I call upon you. Answer my beckons and come to me; We have a game to play.~

http://darthogre.clanpages.com/dnup.jpg

Evil Hobgoblin
Aug 5th, 2001, 12:05:31 PM
Hob's head jerked upright. He had been tinkering in his workshop area, working with one of the energy crystals and experimenting on how it affected different forms of energy. It was important work- not to be disturbed.

But apparently someone had come to Bast looking for him, and wanted to play.

The Malicious Munchkin in him wanted to play- craved it, thought it would be an excellent usage of the present. The Dark Dwarf thought otherwise- there were many powers he had not yet mastered, and many things he wanted to study.

But perhaps, if there was something to be gained, it could be worthwhile for all Hob's goals.

Gathering up a crystal just in case treachery was planned, Hob left his room and headed to the audience chamber's overlook balcony.

He arrived in short order, and responded to the curiously attuned human who stood on the floor below. "What do you want?" he asked aloud.

Nupraptor
Aug 16th, 2001, 05:30:26 PM
Lips that felt like they would crack, were they to move any more, creased into a faint smile. The soft glow of his mechanical eye bathed his face in a red luminescence, giving the fallen Jedi a demonic demeanor.

"As I said: I wish to play a game, little creature. A challenge, if you will."

Evil Hobgoblin
Aug 16th, 2001, 06:09:48 PM
Hob's eyes narrowed. Being a player himself, Hob knew there were often tricks and traps to such games. "State the rules," he demanded.

Nupraptor
Aug 18th, 2001, 08:48:05 PM
"The rules, as they have a tendency not to be, are simple, my dimunitive little friend: I wish to play an age old game, of which I'm certain you've played before. I ask you a riddle. If you can solve it, then you earn the right to ask me a riddle. And so on. Whoever cannot answer the other's riddle is the loser. And the winner may chose any prize he wishes, within reason."

Evil Hobgoblin
Aug 18th, 2001, 11:54:09 PM
Hob peered down at the half-machine. "As I am Hobgoblin, so shall I try myself against you. State your riddle, little man."