PDA

View Full Version : Walking with an Apprentice. (Jibrielle)

Evil Hobgoblin
Oct 5th, 2001, 04:57:54 PM
Jibrielle awakened from sleep in her spare room one day to find a note on the door, penned in a neatly written hand.

Apprentice:

Come to the gates of Bast. There we will meet, and talk of things.

~Hobgoblin

Jibrielle Abunai
Dec 31st, 2001, 06:06:13 PM
Jibrielle blinked sleepily as she woke up. She took in her new surroundings then got up and went over to the door. Pausing, she saw a note and read it. It was from her new Sire, requesting that she came to the gates of Bast. Jibrielle took the note down and opened the door, peering out cautiously. She closed the door behind her as she walked out. It must have been late, and she hoped that she didn't keep Hobgoblin waiting. She hurried her pace as she went to the gates. Finally, she arrived her destination. She let herself breathe normally again, and looked around for Hobgoblin.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 1st, 2002, 07:24:12 PM
Hob was waiting for Jibrielle at the top of the steps, looking out over the desolate plain before him. It was a clear day on Vjun, or at least as clear as it ever could get. The sky was a cloudy gray that illuminated everything. The sun even shone through in patches.

When Jibrielle came up behind him, Hob did not turn from his contemplation of the weather. He only beckoned her to his side. "Did you sleep well, lass?" he asked after a moment.

Jibrielle Abunai
Jan 4th, 2002, 10:56:21 AM
Jibrielle saw Hobgoblin waiting for her at the top of the stairs and went up at his side. She breathed in the fresh air as she looked up at the sky. It was beautiful; she hardly ever saw the sky. When he spoke to her, she remained quiet for awhile, then replied. "I suppose so, Sir. I hope I didn't oversleep and keep you waiting." She stopped talking and looked back up at the sky. "It's breath taking here... You must be so lucky to have been living here all these years."

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 13th, 2002, 10:49:34 PM
Hob's gaze fell onto the girl at his side. "Lass, in but an hour the clouds overhead will break and pour down acid rain. The air will be no more breathable than rock, the ground will scorch your feet should you walk on it unprotected, and all the sky will be obscured in that steamy miasma that comes with a Bast storm."

He turned his head away again and cocked it to the side, blinking. "Beauty is but a thing. It is something to enjoy, yes, but it is a thing. Do not forget that, lass."

"Now, it is time to determine how much life experience you have, lass," Hob turned his body so that he was fully facing hers, then he sat down on the great front porch of the castle. "How old are you? What do you know of the universe?"

Jibrielle Abunai
Jan 14th, 2002, 01:37:36 AM
Jibrielle pondered over his questions carefully.

"Sir, in this life I am but fifteen. I have only two more years to live until I die once more a horrible death, only to be reincarnated. 'Tis a curse put on me several decades ago. As for your other question, I can only remember fragments of the universe, one such being that the Force runs through it, keeping everything in balance."

She suddenly realized that Hob was looking straight at her face and winced, covering it with her hands.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 14th, 2002, 02:05:10 AM
"What a strange tale," Hob said, completely dropping all traces of an accent from his voice. He had deliberately refrained from questioning the girl about her facial markings. "I have never heard the like. I will dwell on it for a few minutes. Stay here."

Hob made his hands into fists and hoisted his body into the air, his legs remaining crossed as though he were still sitting in lotus. He then began to walk forward on his knuckles, going down the steps.

When he reached the bottom, he stopped and sat down again. With his eyes shut and his face to the sky, Hob began to think. After careful consideration, Hob returned to the top of the grand entrance.

"I can only assume each death is a horribly painful one," he said. "Would you like the curse broken?"

Jibrielle Abunai
Jan 14th, 2002, 04:40:48 AM
Jibrielle, forgetting about the marks on her face, dropped her hands and looked at Hob.

"Oh, yes! I think I would very much like it if..."

Her voice trailed off when a thought came across her mind. What if... Instantly she groaned. "Sir, I don't know what you're going to do to me..." Her voice held an edge of panic.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 14th, 2002, 06:15:03 PM
"Neither do I," Hob answered thoughtfully. "I shall have to meditate on it further. For now, you need only know that it is my wont to interfere with the designs of others, and I shall intercede on your behalf as best I can not because you are my apprentice. For as an apprentice your worth is considerably small, especially here in your unlearned state."

The lines on Hob's brow creased with the experience of a senior student in a martial arts discipline recalling something from one of his basic lessons. "I interfere here for no reason but because I can," he added.

Hob then winked slyly at Jibrielle. "Ye just happen t' benefit from old Hob's interference, don't y'know?"

Jibrielle Abunai
Jan 14th, 2002, 06:51:35 PM
She smiled. Jibrielle knew it was quite true that being an apprentice was insignificant, but to her it was an honor. Never being taught the Arts, she swore to herself that she would follow through with the training.

"Yes, Sir. You allow me to see that as each minute passes."

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 14th, 2002, 07:07:02 PM
Hob nodded. Perhaps his apprentice recognized his innate greatness. It was good if she did.

"Let us set you to your first task," Hob said. "We shall go to Hob's room and begin your lessons. Would you like that as well?"

Jibrielle Abunai
Jan 14th, 2002, 07:34:23 PM
"I would gladly oblige to anything you wanted me to, Sir. After all, wasn't that part of the agreement?"

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 14th, 2002, 10:45:36 PM
Hob smiled. "Ah, but I asked because I was interested if you would like to start your lessons, not whether or not you agreed to do so. Now come, lass. There is much you will learn and not all of it easy. It is best that we start right away, and avoid the coming rain."

(ooc) If you click on the link "Candelabra of Malice" (the third one down) you will be taken to the Candelabra of Malice board. You now have access to the "Breathstealer's Ballroom" forum on that board. I would like you to go there for your first training thread, because there are descriptions of Hob's domain in there that will be the setting for several of your training exercises. If I make a training thread elsewhere, I will let you know about it there with a post containing a quick link to the thread.

See you there! :)

Jibrielle Abunai
Jan 14th, 2002, 10:55:44 PM
Jibrielle nodded. "Yes, Sir."

OOC:

Alright, soon you'll be visited by the familiar nuisance called me :p

Jibrielle Abunai
Jan 14th, 2002, 10:56:09 PM
(This message was left blank)

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 21st, 2002, 04:23:08 AM
There is now a post waiting for you.