PDA

View Full Version : Fear's Womb: Intermission

Lady DeVille
Nov 25th, 2001, 02:56:59 AM
De'Ville paced the corridors of Bast, her hand supporting her overladen belly. She was eight months along in her pregnancy, and already counting the minutes that were left until the baby came to term. I suppose that is a bad sign...

She had gained entrance to Bast a few months ago, and mainly stayed away from the other residents. Hob ambled up every now and then, to lay a hand on her stomach and mumble to himself. The hobgoblin was really the only other being she saw...the others being away, or buried in their own business. Which suited De'Ville fine. She hadn't even seen Jeseth since she had fought for entry.

The only company she missed was Pierce's. He was still off someplace, most likely trying to find out who was behind the attacks she had suffered on Vorzyd. She twisted the ring on her hand under her glove, and sighed heavily. Whoever that woman was... She glared at a torch stained wall, threat unfinished.

Anger bubbled inside her, and she sat on a bench concealed in a niche of the thick wall. Laying both hands on her stomach, she tried once more to reach her son through the Force. Besides a general sense of well being, she could not touch his tiny mind. Frustrated, she growled, an icy blast of wind bursting through the corridor and putting out the torches.

Quellin Vos
Nov 25th, 2001, 11:05:34 PM
It had been ages since his presence had graced the grim castle. Luckily he was able to sneak past the ghoulish monster that guarded the gate. Ah, the beautiful tricks the boy had acquired from his master, how brilliant she was. The place was so foreign as he opened the large warped door. The creak of the hinge was like music to his ears. Quellin was finally home.

He stalked through the hallways half-bewildered. The place hadn't changed, that was the surprising part. Bast Castle was still the obscure arid world it had always been.

As the young apprentice rounded the corner, a sharp sensation passed through his body. He felt the presence of another, but it felt stronger than just one being. He hesitated, not sure to continue or not. Was it Nya? That was still unfound. Quellin gathered his confidence, draped over his draggled garb, and proceeded to 'greet' this being...

Lady DeVille
Nov 27th, 2001, 04:02:51 AM
De'Ville sensed another approaching, but she did not rise, allowing the stranger to draw near to her. She raised her head and took in his bedraggled cloak. Her voice had an aggravated, frustrated edge to it when she spoke.

"You are unfamiliar to me, but I sense that you have the Force talent as well. I am De'Ville."

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 27th, 2001, 04:39:15 PM
As the two Dark Jedi engaged in their encounter, unseen eyes watched from the shadows close by De'Ville. Jeseth slowly slipped out, carefully masking any ripples he might send out through the Force by channeling it all back into himself. As he finally came around behind her, he gently slipped his hand upon her stomach, stopping her dead in her tracks. He doubted that she'd do anything which she might think could endanger her child. He spoke quickly before she took any rash course of action at being alarmed. "It's nice to see you're doing well for yourself, Lady De'Ville..." A satiristic smile curled upon Jeseth's lips, his winged figure moving gracefully out from behind her and his hand moving away from her stomach. He could sense her sudden relief.

Touching his hand to her womb had given him a rush of presence. Her child would be a powerful one some day... if he survived long enough to inherit all of that. "Have you seen Nya..? I have need to speak with her, but I couldn't find her in her room."

Lady DeVille
Nov 28th, 2001, 03:03:54 AM
She felt the hand before she sensed Cloak, and anger flooded into her, replacing the burnt out frustration of a few seconds before. Ice filled her abdomen as he probed her with the Force, speaking in a low tone. "It's nice to see you're doing well for yourself, Lady De'Ville..."

Cloak stepped out from behind her, and drew his hand away slowly. De'Ville couldn't help but feel relieved as the unwanted contact was removed. He spoke again, and she frowned. "I have not seen our sister, brother." She spoke the familiar term to him with an edge of warning. Do not overstep with the liberties you take. "Perhaps she is in one of the towers."

De'Ville placed her back against the wall, bending her knees slightly, trying to relieve the pressure on her lower back.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 28th, 2001, 04:38:53 PM
"I'm pleased to see your child is doing as well as you. In fact, it might be doing a bit better. Tell me... have you considered schooling?" Jeseth walked across the hall, looking towards where Quellin was coming from. He couldn't see his brother quite yet. "I can refer you to some of the finest academies within the Empire, and perhaps outside as well." The pattering of rain began outside.

Jeseth smiled just slightly, enjoying the natural symphony of sound. Thunder, rain, wind, and even the creaking of old walls as they expanded with the gradual drop in temperatures throughout the castle.

Lady DeVille
Nov 29th, 2001, 03:49:54 AM
She followed Cloak's gaze to the stranger, still coming towards them, and then back to his pale face. "I had not thought about it yet. I would consult the father first, but any referral would be useful."

De'Ville drew her cloak around her against the chill of the stone hallway as the rain began to fall outside. Cloak seemed about to go, but she spokle. "I was wondering -that is to say, I..." She faltered, unwilling to voice any failings in her talents. "I wish to sense my child's thoughts, get a sense of his mind as it is forming. I have failed."

Lilaena stopped short of asking for help, and just left it at that as thunder crashed over their heads, muffled through the thick walls.

Evil Hobgoblin
Nov 30th, 2001, 12:11:23 AM
Hob stepped into the hallway, his head up and alert as though he were a carnivore sensing the approach of prey.

Then he shook the sensation off and proceeded towards the pregnant girl. He was surprised to see that Jeseth had left the tomb he called a residence. He was further surprised to see the thing that had eluded him at the gate, although it made sense when he recalled the sensation he'd felt upon entering the hallway.

"Reading minds is not the easiest of talents," Hob spoke aloud. No one seemed surprised to see him there, however his vocalization did appear to catch the interest of those present who knew him. "But I can do it, and have done it. It is my belief that the child will reveal itself to you in its own time."

A grin broke his grizzled features. "But that's only old Hob's guess, don't y'know?"

The smile dropped, and Hob looked to Jeseth, whose name he spoke aloud. "Jeseth."

There was no subservience in Hob's voice. He spoke as he would to an equal, though the equality between the fallen angel and the dark dwarf was a subjective judgement. "I have the answer to your riddle."

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 30th, 2001, 02:47:02 PM
Jeseth smiled slightly at seeing the old dwarf. "He is right, Sister... in time the child may reveal itself to you. I sensed not thoughts, but feelings when I touched to it just now. It feels content... safe. I could probe deeper, but it is still young. It's thoughts may not make any real sense yet... merely dreams within dreams." He turned his gaze back to Hob, who Jeseth hadn't even sensed coming up upon them. He had grown in skill quite well...

He remembered that he owed his life to the short alien, and not only one occasion. Hob was one of the few who had more than just earned Jeseth's respect, but perhaps friendship as well. "I was beginning to think that you had let it slip your mind..." He watched intently, waiting to see if Hob had found the answer that Jeseth had intended, or at the very least an answer which would be equally correct.

Quellin Vos
Dec 1st, 2001, 02:05:36 AM
Quellin was now on full alert, his hand only inches from his saber. With a feeling of caution Quellin continued towards the group, trying not to let on any sense of anxiety. His head was tilted down; the blistered ground was all he saw as he approached the party. The young warrior was one, who lived in silence, he only spoke when he needed. He sensed great power from all, good or bad, he could not tell. But there *was* someone he recognized, someone he trusted dearly, Jeseth Cloak.

"Ah, it is good to see you again Jeseth, it has been awhile. Hasn't it? Pardon me for asking, but who are these people?"

Quellin's words were soft but stern, he got what he wanted across. Still a bit spooked, Quellin, hastily wrenched back is cloak. Awaiting an answer, the warrior reclined against an adjacent wall, taking everything in. But something about the conversation intrigued him greatly. A child was to be born? It made much more sense now, the de trop of power he sensed was the child. Like the bugaboo had said, the child would reveal itself.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 1st, 2001, 04:40:54 PM
"Who am I?" Hob waved a dismissive hand. "Methinks that is not information ye need, lad, except to know that Hob is Hob and not to be trifled with.

Meanwhile, Hob was having a secure mental conversation with the person whom he'd come to see. ~ From Ambriel's barren oceans, to the deserts of Tatooine, and Hoth's Arctic reaches - too, in Yavin's jungle's does it lie unseen. To pursue it is the greatest thrill which many a mortal will ever know, and the biggest disappointment as off in shadows it does go. ~ Hob recited the riddle through telepathic projection.

~ Many things fit this description. Anger. Fear. Aggression. The very nature of those emotions makes them impossible to maintain, and yet for mortals they are the height of their existence. They provide what little meaning their lives hold. Those emotions are the essence of the Dark Side.~

~ And yet, the Dark Side itself is not the sole answer of the riddle. The Dark Side, though it provides life and breath, is a means to an end. Control. Power. From every planet in the universe to every , mortals seek power and domination over their lives. Themselves. Their fellows. They cannot achieve it. Only Dark Jedi and their kindred can.~

~ The answer to your riddle is Control. And I have it.~

Hob's presence flickered momentarily. Something shadowy, vague, and tall appeared behind him, then disappeared.

And Hob grinned.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 2nd, 2001, 04:55:43 PM
I am impressed, brother... Forgive Quellin, he has been gone for quite some time. The world has moved on without him, it seems.

"Quellin, this is Hob, gate keeper of Bast... and the Lady De'Ville, our sister. You've been gone for far too long. We thought you dead..." Jeseth bowed to the trio formally, then looked past Quellin and to down the hallway from which he had emerged. The other end of it led to the towers. "At risk of seeming rude, I must take my leave of you all now for now. I have urgent need to speak with our sister." Jeseth began to walk away from them, briefly turned his head and met Quellin's gaze. "Would you mind walking with me, my brother? I believe we have some catching up to do. There will be time to further introductions later. I'm sure Delirion will be glad to see you as well, in any event..."

Seth Darkserpent
Dec 3rd, 2001, 08:47:57 PM
"Quellin, this is Hob, gate keeper of Bast... and the Lady De'Ville, our sister. You've been gone for far too long. We thought you dead..."

So it would appear that Lilaena De'Ville was one of the new residents at Bast Castle. She had caused quite a stir in the confines of this hellish black hole that Seth Darkserpent had come to call home. She hadn't seemed any different from before, during her days at the Sith Order. Although Seth had not been assigned the task of recording her life story, he could tell she had been through a lot recently. The Dark Jedi was not one to pry into others' minds, unless that person intrigued him...De'Ville did intrigue him, but he understood the impoliteness of breaking and entering, or so to speak.

At a time she had taught him. Seth did not require a Master to teach him the Dark arts. He was his own master, and it did not take him long to come to this realization. Soon after, De'Ville was simply banished from the Order for her deceit and treasonous thoughts. In the minds of those who belonged to the Order solely, these thoughts defiled De'Ville's being. Seth did not really care, anyway. Her plan had failed, and the those who had commited treason were revealed by an insignificant entity. Lady De'Ville's departure from The Sith Order had proved the right path, in Seth's opinion. She was here, among those who were like her. A new ally in evil, although not someone to be trusted.

Who is to be trusted these days? Seth thought quietly.

Jeseth had addressed another, one that was unfamiliar. Seth hypothesized that this newcomer, rather oldcomer, was Quellin Vos. Quellin Vos was one of the Black Hand's first members, next to the initial three. He had disappeared from the Hand, leaving Seth with only stories about him. The Dark Jedi wondered how this Quellin Vos would fare in a battle. He certainly looked strong from where he stood. Perhaps Seth would get the pleasure of dueling him on neutral terms. Pleasure was a double edged sword. With pleasure, came pain.

A scratching sound came from the area where Seth stood, shrouded in the shadows.

"Jeseth," The voice emanated from the dark that clung to the corridors and corners of Bast Castle, "It's seems that every time I find you, you are off again to a new destination."

<font size=1>SPLAT<font size=2>

Vermin dared to cross paths with the Dark Jedi. A rat-like creature, no bigger then six inches now lay crushed on the floor. Undoubtedly it would take away the appetite of many, were they to survey it in full light. Seth grimaced at the creature before his feet. They were beginning to become a nuisance, with their slight scratching sounds, and low pitched screeches.

Seth stepped quietly out of the shadows. He wore no mask, as many were used to seeing clung to his face. His hair was dark, brown it seemed, but who could tell in this poor lighting? His face seemed unscarred, that of a man who hadn't experienced a real fight in his life. Then there was his clothing, which was always the same. He resembled a warlord from a fairy tale, tall, dark and ghastly. His pale eyes illuminated in the shadows that dragged at his back. These shadows were actually the extended part of his cloak.

The Dark Jedi's head tipped to the side. "Hullo Hobgoblin." Catching sight of Hobgoblin in Bast Castle was quite a common sight. Seth knew that Hobgoblin possessed unfathomable potential in telekinesis and illusionary tactics which could quite possibly make him the best. He weaved illusions like the ancient Taozia weaved silk.

And then there was De'Ville at his side. It would take her a few seconds to recognize him, maybe even more. "Lady De'Ville, quite a pleasure to see you again. As always." His lips creased in what seemed to be the beginning of a smile, but only for a split second. Seth was quite impressed with his current behaviour. His control improved a thousand fold after the ritual of bonding. It was quite a thrill to talk to someone without having the urge to rip their head off and use it as a slugball in zero g gravity.

"Greetings, dark one. We have not had the pleasure of meeting." Seth now addressed Quellin Vos, the last Dark Jedi present. "I am Seth Darkserpent." Seth did not talk with arrogance and mock-sarcasm. He found it consolidated his chances of survival. Survival was necessary for Seth Darkserpent, at all costs.

Lady DeVille
Dec 4th, 2001, 05:14:51 AM
De'Ville mulled over Hob's words. It made sense, although it angered her that she could not know these things for herself, and had to rely on others to inform her.

There seemed to be a veritable 'get to know you' session occuring in her secluded hallway. The newcomer who now greeted her turned to Vos and introduced himself. De'Ville blinked. She had never seen Darkserpent without his mask on, and had not fully recognized him.

Lilaena felt anger rising in her. Both Jeseth and Seth were council members at the Sith Order. She had known that Jeseth was part of the Black Hand for some time, as he had brought her here after her banishment so many months before. The council had regained enough presence to throw her out on her ear after her attempted coup. It was what they should have done. She hated them for it.

She nodded cordially at Darkserpent, and spoke softly, "I did not expect to see you here." Her fury bubbled beneath the surface, and she turned away from the little group. "If you will excuse me, my brothers..." De'Ville took a few steps and then stopped, leaning against the wall for support as a cramp began in her lower back, spread through her, and then disappated.

Lilaena took a deep breath, and straightened up, a thread of panic starting in amongst her anger. Its normal to have contractions that do not lead to labor. It is much to early... She steadied herself with the Force, and took another step.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 4th, 2001, 02:19:43 PM
"That's true, brother..." Jeseth replied quietly to Seth, and then laughed as he continued to walk onward, "but which one of is coming, and going, anymore?" The laughter became more pronounced. Not many had ever heard Jeseth laugh. It was something different about him... and not just the fact the scar on his cheek was gone. It had healed somehow...

Quellin Vos
Dec 5th, 2001, 12:26:40 AM
Quellin was taken back by the ghoul's response. It was definitely not what he had expected, though it did please him. His guard was still up even with Jeseth's solution to his query. Had the Black Hand grown, for the better? Yes. The group seemed much stronger from just the overall sensation Quellin could gather. The power was immense! As petitioned by Jeseth, Quellin agreed to take the journey-down-memory-lane, so to speak. With a small bow towards De'Ville and Hobgoblin, Quellin tailed the retreating Jeseth, but only to overhear another voice projecting towards Jeseth.

"Another voice? My the Black Hand has grown!” Quellin chuckled to himself. But his humorous comment soon faded as his murky eyes laid upon a cabalistic type figure. He did not know his name and at this point, did not care. Though this time he held back his stagnant comments and remained mute. This one was disparate compared to the others, intimidation was an understatement to say the least...

Lady DeVille
Dec 5th, 2001, 05:13:15 AM
De'Ville sat down in the hallway suddenly, taking a few minutes to calm herself in the Force, and check to see if the child was all right. There was still a month to go...she concentrated on not panicking.

The baby seemed content, although he was not moving inside her womb. He was so big anyway, that it was nearly impossible for him to budge at all lately. She laid a hand on her stomach, and waited to see if another contraction would follow. It is false labor. It is. Lilaena took a deep breath. No more seemed ready to follow the first and second contractions.

The floor was cold. She pushed down with her hands, getting slowly to her feet.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 6th, 2001, 02:37:20 AM
As the two Dark Jedi walked the halls, Jeseth smirked. "I sense your fear, brother. You'd do well to hide such emotions from others... Seth is among those of the first generation to join The Black Hand." Their steps continued to echo, louder and louder, reverberating into each other in a clatter of sound. The dark hallways endlessly bounced the sound waves back and forth to Jeseth's ears.

"Lady De'Ville, Seth Darkserpent, Hob Goblin... if that his real name, Taylor Millard, and Taja Loraan have all come to claim residency here since you left. Darth Rane has gone.... no one has heard from him in quite sometime. Lasitus and Ebon have also vanished in turn. I think they've fallen prey to our enemies... numerous as they are. All of our lives have been in peril since our encounter with The Sith Empire... but soon enough, that will change. They've grown weak over-confidence and decadent. The "Empire" will fall."

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 6th, 2001, 11:41:44 PM
Hob's eyes followed the departing Jeseth and Quellin Vos. It was true he knew enough of Quellin from his residency beneath Bast to claim an association, but Hob had never truly interacted with him on a personal level.

Seth Darkserpent was a slightly different story. His loss to Darkserpent in combat had allowed the other to enter Bast and join the Fold.

And as a Fold member, Hob had business with him.

It rankled that Hob had never truly become a member of the Fold. Although he was one in every respect but name, Hob wanted that name. He wanted the title of Dark Jedi and the glory and prestige that accompanied it.

With Jeseth's challenge defeated, Hob had three challenges left. Seth was one of those he sought a challenge from.

"Seth," Hob spoke aloud, going over what he would say in his mind. "Would you walk with me?"

Seth Darkserpent
Dec 10th, 2001, 10:17:45 PM
As soon as Seth had arrived, most of them took haste in leaving the hall. The Dark Jedi sensed something from the new face, Quellin Vos. This emotion he sensed was a rather popular one amongst those who gazed upon Seth Darkserpent. It was fear, or so he would like to believe himself. Although he felt something else from Quellin, a lack of interest. This Dark Jedi was quite interesting indeed. Darkserpent wondered how he would fare in battle, or how much knowledge he had retained in his cranial passages. The origins of Quellin Vos interested him, perhaps he would have the pleasure of discovering them one day.

He was left alone with Hobgoblin. The creature was dwarfed by Seth's intimidating seven foot body. Yet, Darkserpent viewed Hob as an equal, even more then that sometimes. He was impressed with how Hobgoblin was both skilled in treachery and knowledge. This was something Seth constantly tried to achieve himself. Hob was the second Dark Jedi that Darkserpent had come in contact with during his journey to Bast. At the time, it did not seem that Hob posed any threat at all, but now Seth knew otherwise.

It was a not month ago that Hob had approached Seth with the request of a challenge. Now that Seth had reminded, he had a good challenge in mind. One that would eventually serve Seth's curiousity and fulfill Hobgoblin's request. Undoubtedly a "win-win" situation. That was...if Hob was able to complete the challenge.

"Seth....Would you walk with me?"

Hob had spoken with his own voice, rather sending a telepathic comment through the Force. This was most definately, interesting.

The Dark Jedi simply nodded, and began to walk with Hobgoblin.

"You know," He stared down at the eerie figure below him, "I have been thinking about your...challenge."

Seth grinned, which was now evident since he was not wearing a mask. The grin was evil, mixed with pride and contempt.

"It is time. Are you ready to accept it?" He asked.

Lady DeVille
Dec 12th, 2001, 03:26:48 AM
De'Ville watched as her brothers left her in the hallway, and as her fals contractions seemed to have stopped, she walked by herself along the darkened corridors. Holding out her hand, she channeled dark energy in a mottled ball that hovered above her palm.

Dark shadows flickered in front and behind of her roiling sphere of light as she padded up a flight of stairs. Her bare feet made no noise on the cold flagstones as she traversed the castle Bast, making her way for the eastern tower. With her other hand she grasped the talisman about her neck, one of two which dangled from a thin silver chain.

She muttered a string of words under her breath, as thunder rolled about the castle, cracking onimously to punctuate the alien tongue she spoke in. De'Ville walked onwards, laboriously climbing the stairs.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 13th, 2001, 02:26:16 PM
"I have finished Jeseth's challenge," Hob said simply. "I am ready for another. It was to his credit that Deception was able to offer me a challenge worthy of my skills. And indeed, I am better for it."

Behind Hob, a tall figure appeared at some distance down the hallway. The figure was vague and indistinct, hooded and shadowed. It was as tall as Seth was- maybe taller, it was impossible to say from the distance on which it viewed the two walkers. And it stood without moving, not even to draw a shuddering breath. It's willowy form seemed as though it might collapse at the first physical impact, and yet it seemed impervious to physical assault, perhaps because of its impermanent appearance.

The figure vanished as Hob continued. "I have mastered the art of Control," he stated. "And I am ready for anything."

Seth Darkserpent
Dec 13th, 2001, 05:55:02 PM
This was great. Hobgoblin was ready for anything, and Seth was prepared to give him something. His challenge with Deception, also known as Jeseth Cloak proved well enough for Hob. Seth knew that his challenge would be of a different type. Jeseth had presented him with a a riddle, a tough one at that. Although Hobgoblin demonstrated his capabilities, and gave the correct answer. Seth was thrilled to see how this trial would turn out.

The shadows around them began to expand, and were tugged from their corners. The room darkened, and all the faint torchlights in the surrounding areas went dead, as if blown out. At the same time, it seemed like Seth's dark cloak was expanding. It stretched out, adding to the darkness that encompassed both Dark Jedi. One who was not familiar with Bast would be utterly lost in the maze of darkness. Even one who was familiar with Bast would have a hard time finding their way around. The walls were barely visible, even the floor was hard to see. It would seem that one's eyes were surrounded by a fog of blackness. The expanding effect was a minor technique of Dark Side magic, something Seth picked up a while back.

"Now, Hobgoblin..." Seth's loud voice echoed throughout the abyss of darkness. "Follow me....if you can keep up."

The invisible hand of the Force smacked Hobgoblin in the face, moments after Seth had begun to speak. The Dark Jedi bent down on one knee, wincing slightly at the unexpected blow. This small diversion had allowed Seth enough time to slip away, and he could no longer be seen. Hobgoblin, was left alone to contemplate what he would do next.

Seth allowed his presence to seep through, giving Hob enough time to follow him through the twists and turns of darkness. Seth's spell covered the whole castle in one giant shadow, a shadow that light could not penetrate.

As soon as Seth blocked his presence in the Force, Hob reached a fork in his journey. Two stone tablets blocked both left and right, while a wall stood in front of Hob.

~ One tablet speaks of day, the other of night. Both are illusions, but only one is the true way. ~

Seth's amplified voice came from each corner of Bast. The tablets were inscribed with Sith glyphs, that very few of the Galaxy understood. If Hobgoblin could read them, then he would know which side to choose.

Seth waited in anticipation, blocking himself off from the Force.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 13th, 2001, 09:29:18 PM
Hob absentmindedly stepped forward, as one might climb a stairwell. His forward step left him a clear foot off the ground with no visible means of support.

The Dark Dwarf's eyes scanned the two tablets. His extended life span had provided him with ample time to study the history of the beings who called themselves Sith. Though Hob was not impressed with their fate, some of their past had proved interesting and useful. He had no immediate knowledge of their language, but he could feel the corrupted nature of their being permeating everything they had ever done. That sense emanated from the two tablets, and Hob could feel the difference between their writings.

Amusingly enough, they were as different as night and day.

Hob leaned forward and his body began to move like a hovervehicle that had just been turned on. It picked up speed and flew through the tablet that spoke to Hob's soul of night to see what lay beyond it.

Lady DeVille
Dec 14th, 2001, 05:07:52 AM
To her surprise, De'Ville found herself thinking about Garrett Blade. She stopped chanting, and stood in front of a window slit in the stairwell, looking out on the storm. She would have to hurry to reach the top before the weather blew itself out.

Girding herself about with the Force, giving strength to her legs which lacked it, and support to her back, De'Ville hastened up the last flights of stairs. Blade had once had intentions towards her...and they had very nearly spelled her doom.

But they had also unlocked something for her. While on Coruscant, after Garrett's poem had sent her running, she had touched what seemed to be a bottomless pit of ability. Unable to control it properly, she had nearly gone mad from the effort ot survive. It had been like standing on a building which was falling.

She shuddered slightly as she reached the top floor, and viewed a small circular room. De'Ville shed her clothes on the top step, and entered, closing the heavy wooden door behind her. Wind whistled through the cracks in the walls and floor, and she settled herself to the floor with some effort.

Taking out her knife, she cut the palm of her right hand, letting the blood drip to the end of her middle finger, tracing a circle around her on the cold stones. Between her breasts nestled the two amulets, one of concentration, which magnified her talents, and allowed her to focus better. The other, the gift from Blade...

De'Ville sat as still as stone, eyes closed lightly as the cold permeated into her body. Blood congealed in the middle of her palm, and she pressed her hands together, muttering under her breath. Her breath misted in front of her face as the temperature dropped abnormally in the room. Lightening flashed outside, followed almost immediately by a crack of thunder. A smile traced over the woman's features, and then disappeared.

She pressed her hands to her belly, and continued her chant, weaving an ancient spell over her unborn son.

Seth Darkserpent
Dec 15th, 2001, 03:51:44 PM
Seth was initially pleased with Hob's choice. He knew that the evil Hobgoblin would always choose night over day. Bast itself was in a constant state of darkness. The day spawned light, which inevitably spawned destruction for all those who occupied the inner walls of Bast. The journey through the Light tablet would have led Hob right out a window, and onto a bed of rocks below, that would do a good job of banging him up. Yet, Seth Darkserpent hadn't had any doubts in Hob from the beginning.

Through the tablet of night, Hob was faced with a winding stairwell that would probably look familiar if the torches were light. Down, down, down the stairwell spiraled, Hob followed running step by step. The small Dark Jedi was cautious, Seth could feel that much, as he approached Seth. Closer came the Hobgoblin, farther travelled Darkserpent. This was a neverending game of tag, or so it seemed. Seth allowed himself to be seen through the Force, as soon as Hob reached the bottom of the stairwell. Hob had felt him, and now knew where he was. Just as soon, Seth closed himself off from the Force again, and sank further into the shadows of the castle.

Hob, had entered a large room, a subterranean chamber that stretched led deeper into the cliff underneath Bast. Most of this area was still unexplored, due to it's fragile rock formation. It was dangerous for one to disturb the rocks in these parts, lest they find themselves in deep trouble. Hobgoblin's path was decorated with a row of tightly knit stalactites and stalagmites, hanging from the ceiling, and clinging to the floor. It would be easy enough to just walk around them, and reach the other side of the chamber. The torches lined up against the wall lit almost instantly, driving the shadows away and lighting the room in full effect. A bellow emitted from the dark abyss of the other side of the chamber.

Out charged a disgustingly tall being with four arms, and large muscles. It stared at Hob on the other side of the room and bore it's rotten teeth, smiling. It was unsafe to say if this mutated creature had been a human once in it's life. Only Seth knew the truth. He'd pulled a family of four off of Corellia, and brought them here. The Dark Jedi dabbled in Sith Alchemy for a brief while, unsuccessfully though. The results were horrific, and would serve him no purpose. Now this being stood, arching it's four arms back into fists and crying out again. Out of the shadowy doorway, a human boy about the size of Hob came. Hob took a few steps forward, now 15 feet away from the mutated creatures. The boy was followed by another female, slightly taller then him. Both seemed to be normal, until Hob caught sight of their hands...and their mouths. They smiled at him, revealing the mouth of a Barabel. Their hands had been replaced with Barabel claws, a truly mortifying sight.

Seth could feel that Hob was amused by the extra ingredients of these mutated creatures. Above the Dark Jedi goblin, a sound came. A pebble harmlessly bounced off his head, causing Hobgoblin to look upward. The fourth member of the mutated family, a fully grown female clung to a stalactite above Hob. She had red eyes, that reflected the fire from the many torches. She had the tail of a Barabel, the horns of a Devaronian and the huge mighty arms of a Mantellian Savrip from Ord Mantell.

The three on the ground reacted, ambling toward Hob at a slow, zombie-like speed. The female above wasted no time either. She reached out and took hold of a stalactite. Her huge arms ripped it from its foundation. She hurled it down at Hob with one hand, while using her other to hold on to her stalactite. The pointy tipped spear-like rock fell from the ceiling, heading straight for Hobgoblin.

The other three mutants kept to their pace, all ready to attack Hobgoblin, if he survived the stalactite...

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 16th, 2001, 06:41:22 PM
Hob watched the female's movements, her emanating aggression making Hob fully aware of her intent to attack. The stalactite spun towards him, dropping chips and pebbles in its' flight.

The dwarf leapt upward and leapfrogged over the stalactite, resting one hand on it briefly to maintain balance and then pushing off it with both legs.

Below him, the rock smashed itself into nothing on the ground indicating the how dangerous a fall from that height would be.

One massive fist latched onto the stalactite the female was using to balance herself. The next fist caught a higher handhold, and Hob pulled himself up on his own perch.

The female was unprepared for the speed of Hob's reaction, but she countered now by smashing on the stalactite below her to break it off. Hob held on through the shaking, then advanced his grip another handhold. Though the female repeated the process, she didn't have the leverage to tear the stalactite out, nor could she seek such leverage without making herself vulnerable to the approaching dwarf. Indecision plagued her, and in that momentary lapse, Hob acted.

The dwarf wrapped his abnormally proportioned legs around the hanging rock to secure himself, then reached upwards. The female shrieked in response and swung her fists at Hob, but the dwarf caught her on the first try. He jerked backwards, tearing the female from her perch and sending her hurtling to the ground below.

Her scream ended with a gurgle and a thud, though she remained breathing. After a moment's recovery, her uninjured arm struggled to right her crushed body. Then a pair of feet slammed into her back and apelike hands snapped her neck.

Hob lifted his fists, surrounding them with auras of pure physical force and further augmenting the strength in his own limbs. He bellowed a victorious challenge to the three remaining mutants.

All three of them cried out in fury, but the children were far more affected. Their shuffling paces increased and they ran in a stumbling gait towards the thing that had killed their mother.

Hob waited for them to come, noting that the four-armed male seemed oddly reticent. Perhaps he recognized the danger Hob presented, to have killed his mate without a scratch.

But the children were young and foolish, and they neared Hob screaming with primitive emotion.

When they were two steps away, they began swinging their alien claws at Hob. The dwarf nimbly stepped aside, taking hold of the boy's left arm. Hob's free hand shoved the girl away, then gripped the boy's left arm. Over the dwarf's head went the boy as Hob swung him bodily into the floor of the cavern.

The boy weakly tried to get back to his feet with his right hand, but Hob swung him back the way he'd come, flat onto his back. He cried in pain, but Hob paid it no heed and again wrenched on his arm.

This time, when the boy hit the floor, the force of the slam tore his left arm loose.

Sobbing and bleeding, the boy rolled on the floor in pain.

Hob took the stump of the arm in both his hands and began beating the boy with his own arm. Fleshy smacking sounds were punctuated with the boy's sobs of pain, until one of Hob's blows sent the boy spinning into a nearby stalacmite whose impact sent him unconscious.

The girl screeched and leapt onto Hob's back, biting into his neck with her too-sharp teeth. Hob roared in pain, bearing her unexpected weight and reaching around behind him, his hands still glowing that lethal blue. They encircled the girl's neck and squeezed, causing her to gasp and push at Hob.

Hob let go and stumbled forward, dropping and rolling to the left at the sudden prompting from his danger sense.

The girl had tried her earlier tactic again, but Hob's sudden evasion caused her to miss her intended target and strike another- her little brother. His neck was punctured with that mouthful of daggers, drowing him in blood. He woke long enough to gurgle and cough blood and then he was dead again.

Hob approached the girl from behind as she struggled to stand. He shoved her face back to the floor, then took careful aim and slammed a punch into her skull. It cracked and splattered under Hob's power, leaving her body jerking in spasms.

A sudden roar behind him indicated Hob to the final danger he faced in this cavern. The four-armed freak had used his children's attacks as cover and snuck up on Hob. Now he used his two human arms to hoist Hob into the air and used his two Barabel arms to batter the dwarf's midsection.

Hob concentrated through the pain, and suddenly an image of the female that Hob had killed earlier suddenly appeared in Hob's place. The male gasped in confusion and let go.

It was a fatal mistake.

Without even looking at his adversary, Hob caught him in a telekinetic grip. The four-armed mutant shot upward, impaling himself on one of the stalactites that lined the ceiling. A shower of blood sprayed from the body as it was gutted, then slowed to a drip.

The Dark Dwarf stretched his muscles out, then ignored the blood streaming from his neck and floated out of the room.

Five minutes later, the body of the four-armed male fell from the stalactite, impaling itself a second time on the stalacmite below it.

Seth Darkserpent
Dec 21st, 2001, 01:21:11 PM
The Force presented Seth was a clear and informative view of the battle. It was obvious that Hob was winning, after the adult female and the younger male were killed. What Seth was most surprised in, were the tactics that Hobgoblin used against his mutant opponents. Two remained at this point, the young girl and the rage-filled adult male. Seth could sense the anger throbbing through both of the mutants, even though they had no Force abilities. Force or no Force, anger had the ability to make one do extraordinary things. Momentarily, a flash of pain and anger emanated off Hobgoblin. This was a signification that he'd been dealt a blow himself.

Perhaps, I should have made the mutants more challenging. It seems that their ability to anger Hob will be their inevitable downfall. Pity, it was such a waste of time on my part. Seth let out an exhausted sigh, and pushed forward with his senses, once again. No doubt this battle would soon be over, if it Hob hadn't already. No, he hasn't defeated his oppenents yet, I can feel that much. A moment later, Seth heard a bone rattling scream emanate through the Force. The emotions of fear and anger sent a ripple across the wavelengths, similar to a slap in the face...And then, all was silent in the Force around Seth.

Seth nodded to himself and stepped back. He spun around and fled down the halls of the lower caverns of Vjun, putting a fair amount of distance between himself and the chasing Hobgoblin. He arrived at a large cavern, cleared of most of its rocky threats and everything else. There were only two exits to this huge cavern. The one that Seth had come through, and another hidden exit that led directly up to Seth's own chambers. The door was hidden behind a bookshelf, an inconspicuous passageway he'd discovered upon cleaning his room. He came down to the caverns to meditate, or whenever he needed space.

Hob drew even closer, delving deeper into the caves. Seth allowed his presence to be sought through the Force, providing Hob with a path to follow. He could sense Hob locked on his life force, searching for him out through the Force. The Goblin was on the right path, but his obstacles hadn't been completed yet. Hobgoblin had more obstacles to complete before he actually reached his goal and passed the test that was set for him.

The first obstacle was a bridge of darkness. Seth hadn't the slightest clue where it led, if one were to fall down. Even an Agamarian local could tell that one would probably not survive, were they to fall off the bridge. The problem with the bridge was that it wasn't connected. The middle of the rocky bridge had been severed by ages of decay. A normal person could not jump six meters across thin air, but one with the Force could. Hobgoblin would have to stretch his abilities and balance to the limit to best the bridge.

The second obstacle was the next room. It was enchanted with Sith magic, that could only be broken through the eyes of knowledge. Constantly, the walls and doorways would twist and change shape, enough to make one vomit. There were three exits into the next chamber. Not only would Hob have to sense Seth and choose the right one, but he would also need to use his abilities and dispell the magic. The real exit would lead him directly into the large chamber.

The third and last obstacle awaited Hobgoblin in the same chamber that Seth was in right now. The first two obstacles would prove to be easy, Seth imagined, but they would prepare Hobgoblin for the last obstacle of all. The Dark Jedi bowed his head and tracked Hobgoblin's progress through the Force. Each moment he drew nearer to the last obstacle. Each moment Hobgoblin drew nearer to his own personal goal...

Lady DeVille
Dec 25th, 2001, 02:23:11 AM
De'Ville muttered under her breath, speaking a long dead language that she first understood only with the amulet of translation. Now she knew enough to read the ancient runes without the amulet, but at a much slower rate.

The harsh tones of the ancient Sith race rumbled from her throat, and her fingers dimpled the skin of her belly as she gripped. Blood dripped from her hands, staining her pale skin.

As she chanted, the storm howled outside, wind whipping about the tower like a banshee trying to get inside. She screamed against the noise of the wind, her voice filling the room and getting torn to shreds by the storm. The wind filled the room, entering by every crack and crevice in the stones, and encircled her with a cyclone of terror.

Her hair whipped around her head as she finished the curse, her voice fading even as the cyclone picked up power. And then, as suddenly as it started, the wind died down, and the storm outside stopped. A few drops of rain fell outside, and then all was still.

If there had been any life outside of Bast, birds would have started chirping. But all was a barren wasteland outside the wall of black. De'Ville slumped over herself, the spell done, the sorcery finished. Its work had yet to start, but all the ingredients were there.

Her son would forever be cursed to the dark side of the Force.

Evil Hobgoblin
Dec 31st, 2001, 05:57:34 PM
The simian form of the Hobgoblin came bounding into the room with the bridge in Hob's mad chase after Seth. The dwarf's eyes took immediate stock of the situation, even as his body rushed forward, leapt high into the air, and cleared the gap in a single bound. The dwarf continued his loping stride right up the the door of the next room when he suddenly scrabbled to a stop, his feet and hands eventually finding purchase despite the layer of loose dirt that covered everything.

Hob then turned around, eyeing the bridge.

He ambled back the way he had come, drawing the Force around him. It wrapped itself into a blue aura covering one of his fists, and that fist left heavy imprints in the detritus on the ground. Approximately three meters from the edge of the bridge, Hob stopped. His senses stretched out from his body, flowing through the stone and rock beneath his feet.

The empowered fist raised itself high, then slammed into the ground seeking cracks in the structure of the bridge. Those cracks became faults, which sheared away from each other.

A splintering sound echoed through the empty caverns. With a roar of mighty rage, Hob clenched both hands into a single hammer and began pounding on the ground furiously, hollering and shouting as he wrought his demolition.

Abruptly, the ground beneath Hob began to drop away. Hob scrambled backwards, putting a safe distance between the edge and himself. Then he allowed himself a moment to admire his handiwork before entering the next room.

Originally it seemed to be a stone gazebo of some kind, but as Hob touched the center of the room, that changed. The gazebo's supports widened and began to meld with each other, forming arched doorways, which themselves changed by blending with each other, while new doorways began to appear. Hob was able to detect that the doors were actually moving through each other, but if any of them were real he could not determine.

So was this Seth's real test? To see if Hob could actually overcome Sith sorcery with the powers of a Dark Jedi?

If so, he had done a far better job of choosing than he knew. If there was a weakness in Hob's repertoire of skills, it was defeating Sith magick. There was a corrupting taint to all things Sith that to Hob compared with the twisting of a knife in a wound. Force lightening, one of the powers Hob had oftimes attempted to duplicate, did not merely electrocute its' victim. It burned their souls and filled the victim with a filth that tasted bitter. That taint seemed to be the key to controlling the power, and yet Hob could not wrest its' secret from the universe for the life of him.

Hob sent his senses outward once again, but this time met with resistance. To his sense the room was a solid glass ball, lacking both entrance and exit.

Hob's eyes shot open and he spun around. The entryway by which he had originally entered now no longer existed as he remembered. In its' place was a blank wall.

The dwarf ambled over to the wall and tested it with a questioning hand. It was solid as only one skilled at telekinesis could make it.

Hob hissed aloud and slammed a fist into the wall. It remained undamaged.

The sight was enough to send Hob scrambling backwards into the center of the room. Or at least, what Hob believed to be the center.

Hob howled in frustration, eyeing the shifting walls with a malicious eye. There had to be a way of breaking the illusion without unleashing apocalyptic destruction on the surroundings.

Hob crossed his abnormally legs into a lotus position and sat on the floor.

And he thought.

He thought about the impression of a glass ball that he'd felt earlier. He thought about how the illusion had to be anchored to the room. And he thought about how Sith sorcery was based on the same Force that Hob could control.

And Hob thought about ways to break glass balls. He settled on an answer that was suitably ingenious.

Within the room, the Force began to move. At first, it resisted, firmly entrenched in patterns that it had moved in since the illusion had been wrought. But Hob was strong, and his will began to loosen the illusion from the foundation where it had been made. The Force began to gravitate towards Hob, pulling away from the outer shell and stretching towards Hob.

And the Force stretched and stretched, and caused the illusion to crack as a vacuum inside a glass ball will cause the ball to implode. Not satisfied with halfway measures, Hob continued pulling until the entire illusion was inside him. Hob could feel it bubbling beneath his skin, could taste the bitterness on his tongue, could feel it straining against the willpower that kept it in check.

Then the struggle ceased, and the illusion was truly gone.

Hob opened his eyes to see three doorways. They were final products of the illusion no doubt, for Hob could feel that the illusion had been set to protect a single doorway.

But a simple question of access was no match for Hob, now that his senses were not confined any longer. The dwarf chose the right doorway and continued his search.

Seth Darkserpent
Jan 13th, 2002, 01:59:33 PM
Seth recognized the pitter patter of oncoming steps as those belonging to Hobgoblin. He was quite surprised at how well the evil goblin had fared during the second test. The Sith sorcery had been used to put the room under a constant shifting spell. Hob used the Force against what was inevitably a different branch of the Force. Seth surpressed the urge to smile at his comrade's success so far. He could only wonder if Hob would be able to pass the third and final test.

Seth readied himself and began to call on the Force. As he opened himself up, he could feel Hob nearing. The Dark Jedi would be there in less then one minute. He would arrive and Seth would be waiting. He expanded his senses once again, tasting the dark powers that roamed the castle above him. Bast was filled with dark spirits belonging to Jedi and Dark Jedi of the past. The planet Vjun was a perfect place to meditate and gather power.

Both of Darkserpent's hands cupped into tight fists. To an observer it would look like he was experiencing pain, but that was not fully the case. He was drawing power from the inner demons of his soul.

Seth's head jerked upward and he lost all concentration. Hob had entered the room from the far end. At first he didn't catch sight of Darkserpent. The man was shrouded in the shadows off to one of the corners. Seth's boots made a scratching sound against the hard stone floor. It was a signal to notify Hobgoblin that someone was in the room with him. Although, Hob could probably already tell that by the Force. He could feel Seth Darkserpent and Seth could feel him.

"Hobgoblin." Seth's voice boomed and echoed across the cavern.

He stepped out of the shadows of the cavern, into the dim single lit that hung above them. Hobgoblin regarded him with a simple stare of no emotion. Seth nodded slightly to the smaller dwarf-like creature.

"You've done extremely well thus far. You've proven your worth in battle on a difficult and dangerous terrain. You've used the Force to unmask illusions and execute great leaps of faith in yourself."

Seth's voice raised in volume, almost as loud as a shout. He rested his hands at his hips.

"Now answer me a question, without using the Force." Seth's grin widened slightly. "What do you think the future has in store for you, Hobgoblin?"

Silence filled the chamber as Seth awaited an answer.

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 14th, 2002, 02:38:22 AM
"Greatness."

Hob lifted a hand. Some of the energy from the defeated illusion was pressed into electricity, causing four swift arcs of blue-white energy to leap from Hob's forearm into his hand. The hand itself then began to glow blue.

"Despite all who sought to stop me," Hob began. "All who betrayed me, all who angered me, all who threatened me, all who attempted to use me as a tool and cast me aside, I have survived and I have grown powerful."

The glowing aura intensified momentarily. "One day, Hob's moment shall come! He shall shape the destiny of the universe with a fateful decision, and shall forever afterwords be known for his greatness."

Hob slammed the fist into the floor, scattering stone shards through the air. "Naught shall stop me. Not you, Darkserpent, or your challenge. I AM HOBGOBLIN!"

Seth Darkserpent
Jan 19th, 2002, 03:34:45 PM
Seth regarded the Goblin with a delightful smile, as if he'd just been proclaimed Emperor. Darkserpent took a step forward and then clasped both hands behind his back. At this moment, his body resembled Darth Vader's in the darkness of the shadows. He stood proudly towering over Hobgoblin who had just made an excellent speech. Seth was impressed with the goals that Hobgoblin had set before himself. It was usually difficult goals that strengthened one more then anything. Hobgoblin wanted to become an important figure that all trembled at. He wanted to determine the fate of worlds, or possibly the Galaxy himself.

"Hobgoblin..." Seth's voice was silent. His smile disappeared almost as fast as it had appeared. He stood before Hob now with an emotionless look on his face. One could say that Seth reminded them of a statue at this point.

His body became rigid as soon as his smile disappeared. His eyelids drooped to mid-level and his fingers clasped even tighter. Seth began to call upon the Dark Side of the Force and what it had to offer him. He felt his power magnified by the lost souls who sought refuge, but were trapped in the Dark Side. The death, the fear, the crushed dreams and most importantly the anger that was trapped within this place filled Seth like a single cell.

Both of his hands broke out of their clasp and rounded his hips. He pointed each fingertip at Hob, as if they could shoot him. Seth's face was stricken with sudden concentrated anger, a look of pure hate. Blue sparks shot out from his fingers and disappeared into the air. Those sparks soon grew into bolts of electricity themselves. Seth felt his whole body let loose an electrical discharge of pure hatred. The longer he used this dark technique, the more it drained him.

"You have answered correctly, Hobgoblin!" The first series of bolts struck the surprised Goblin in the lower torso and threw him to the floor. Seth took a step forward and pressed outward with the Dark Side once again. The bolts of blue lightning flew out of his hands again and struck Hobgoblin. Seth felt minor exhaustion from this activity. A few more seconds, and the exhaustion would not be minor any more.

"You spoke the truth!" Hobgoblin writhed in pain and anger as another chain of bolts struck him on the floor. "Your reward for completing my challenge is...Death!"

Seth continued with his attack of pure rage. He was quite conscious of what he was doing and felt no remorse toward it. Hobgoblin would know what to do if he were worthy of the title "Dark Jedi".

Evil Hobgoblin
Jan 19th, 2002, 05:05:27 PM
The energy washing through Hob was not like that he was used to. True, Hob had at times experimented on himself with electrical energy, the Force lightning blazing through him now was a true Sith attack. The bitter taint was there in full force and Hob could smell it as it burned in his nostrils.

Another volley slammed through Hob's body, not stopping in its' rush to the ground. Hob jerked convulsively, biting his own tongue in the process. If he didn't act soon, he would die.

"Serpents aren't to be trusted, are they?" Hob rasped out. Seth paused, apparently listening. "Aye, from all times and all races, nary has there been a species that would trust a serpent."

Seth answered by extending his hands again, his fingertips spread wide. Electric death leapt forth and impacted upon Hob's body.

And then Hob's body impacted on Seth's.

The dwarf had taken the moment of respite to leap at his opponent. Now as the electricity left Hob's body it entered Seth's. The stoic Dark Jedi lost his composure as he was born to the ground by Hob's tackle and then burned with his own energy. Hob took hold of the Force and began re-routing the electricity out from his own body, forcing it into Seth's. Within himself, Hob found the strength to shove the attack away.

Hob watched with fierce delight as the electricity burrowed into Seth's body, illuminating the darkness Seth had cloaked himself in. His rage burned brightly and Hob gave an extra push on the electricity. Then he gave it a shove, and then hurtled himself into defeating his opponent. The electricity entering Seth was power, pure and unadulterated and Hob reveled in it.

Then Hob could smell the burnt hair and skin and felt his exhaustion wash over him. He couldn't keep up his re-routing of the electricity any longer without collapsing. Using what remained of his strength, Hob reined in the electricity, hauling it to a full stop within Seth's body.

Seth's body suddenly exploded in flame. The Dark Jedi had been unconscious, a fact Hob had missed, but now he was awake, hollering and yelling and flapping about to put himself out.

Had Hob actually created Force lightning?

The Dark Dwarf stumbled away from Seth, breathing heavily. Pain began to wrack his body and Hob knew he had to rest.

Still, he wasn't certain he had truly defeated Seth.

Hob began to draw himself together preparing for more if necessary.

Seth Darkserpent
Jan 26th, 2002, 12:53:34 PM
The sudden attack had come somewhat as a surprise to Seth Darkserpent. He hadn't calculated the counterforce by Hobgoblin and was completely unprepared for it. Darkserpent was forced down to the floor, experiencing lightning all throughout his body. He felt his limbs and joints burn with dark energy within. This lightning threatened his very existence as more of it was pumped into his body. Seth tried to raise a fist but failed miserably, adding to his own pain. His eyes closed tightly and everything faded away into darkness...

...Seth's eyes opened with a burst of pain as soon as he felt the flames on his body. The Dark Jedi rolled aside and leapt to his feet, batting out the fire that was set to consume him. He concentrated on holding back his anger and hate. It would only fuel the flames even more. These flames that consumed his body cells were not composed of regular fire. These flames were of the Dark Side of the Force, which made them much more effective in the long run.

After a minute of rolling and batting himself down like a grape vineyard worker does to his grapes, he was free of the fiery torment. The last flame was extinguished into non-existence, leaving Seth in a state of confusion. Hobgoblin had counter attacked him and almost utterly destroyed him. The same Hobgoblin that Seth had dueled many months ago to gain his entrance into Bast. That Goblin had held back his true power, Seth knew it from the moment he entered the castle. Now that Hob had shown his true potential, Seth barely stood on his own weight, unable to defend or attack.

~ Hobgoblin... ~

The Dark Jedi knew it would be futile to try and speak with his voice. He felt a deep burning within his throat that had probably damaged his vocal cords. He thanked the stars that his breathing had not been damaged too much. Seth did not want to end up like Vader, in a suit that preserved his life. He breathed in and out, a little ruggedly.

~ You have proven yourself to be a true Dark Jedi in my eyes. ~

He coughed and dropped down on his knees. His face wasn't damaged at all surprisingly, but his expression showed he was weak. Seth suspected he was close to death, but he couldn't really tell. He opened his mind to the Dark Side and allowed it to flow through him. If he were a Jedi, he would be able to heal himself with meditation.

~ You've pushed your way past deceit. You've proven yourself in battle against multiple opponents. You have achieved great leaps and bested Sith spells. Most importantly... ~

His eyelids began to droop slightly as he forced himself to think straight. Using the Force to speak to Hob telekinetically was draining him. This was health costly, but Seth saw it as a necessity. He wanted to finish his speech to Hob before he stopped speaking.

~ Most importantly, you have defeated me. You have achieved Force Lightning by yourself, with your hate for me. You have passed the test...Hobgob--- ~

Seth fell to the ground in full force. He felt nothing but great exhaustion and pain. Perhaps the Dark Side would preserve his life so that he would be able to live and breath another day. Paying no more attention to what surrounded him, Seth allowed himself to slip into unconsciousness.