PDA

View Full Version : Council Meeting - aftermath

Live Wire
Jun 12th, 2001, 08:08:44 AM
okay.....aside from OOC coments about the thread going to hell. We need to talk about cleaning up and getting TSO in working order. Things like a constitution need to be discussed and planned out. We need a big activity to start working on morale and unity and that needs to be done asap. So lets start brainstorming.

Gav Mortis
Jun 12th, 2001, 08:24:32 AM
Walking into the Council Room with a petite rubber application across the bridge of his nose, Gav almost interrupted Live Wire as she finished speaking.

"Yes. I agree entirely, we have to start acting like a group of democrats and becomee a real Sith organization. I can make a few suggestions however I'm afraid after today; myself, Jeseth and Seth will be unavailable."

Lord Psychic
Jun 12th, 2001, 08:40:42 AM
I believe that TSO needs more order, yet more democracy. TSO was founded on the principles of freedom and run by the people, (ooc sort of like America was from Great Britian).

I believe more matter should be voted on, espicially by those who are not on the council, while at the same time, TSO have more order in it than now.

Here is what I propose:

All votes are majority. Apprentices have very little if any voting powers. Only the council should vote on declaring war and the fait of traitors, spies, etc. When an master feels his apprentice should be promoted to a Knight, he should bring it before the council and then they shall vote on it, unless the apprentice feels as if he isn't ready. If a member should request to be placed in a certain field (fleet, security, etc.), the council will vote on it. The council should also vote on demotion of som
eone should a council member or another member bring it up to the council, unless the person being requested to be demoted were on the council, in which case all members (other than apprentices) would vote on it. In making a new law, the council would vote on whether or not if would be TSO-ish, and then would present it to the rest of TSO (again, other than apprentices) and TSO as a whole would vote it in or out. Should a council member(s) leave, be killed, be banished, or demoted, TSO as a whole would a elect a new member(s) to serve on the council.

Other than what I mentioned above and the TSO rules, I feel as if a member should be able to do as he/she pleases, as I quote from the TSO website: "Members will have freedom of choice. No one, I repeat, no one has the right to tell you what you can or can not do with your character. You create it and you have every right to do as you please. The council can not tell you how to role play. The council is here to guide, offer suggestions, and discuss but ultimately the final call is yours."

Now what I said above obviosly wouldn't fit into the consitution until it was rewritten more formal. I have some other ideas, I'll post them in a bit.

OOC: And on another account.. how about some more RPGs?

Jedah Lynch
Jun 12th, 2001, 08:46:39 AM
My apologizes for not posting in that thread, by the time I got to see it the number of post were around 50 and in all honesty quite the mess, weeding out the sanity and everything else was far too much a task for the time I had online recently.

On the idea front, nothing says group unity like a good RP done right. Each working with each other on one agenda, a planet take over without the fleets perhaps. Each person could have an assigned task to do if not that...

The lower ranks always seem to want something to do, so could send off whatever ranks lower than the second highest rank to accomplish some task. Retrieve a Sith artifact on some desolote planet. The two higher ranking sith ranks then could RP as "obsticles" or dangers that threaten them. Be it creatures or the nature elements, could be fun for the higher ranks that way as well while giving them different ways to be innovative and RP. This would be mostly done since the "good guys" of this universe forgot to get out of their coffins and do anything worthwhile lately...lately being near forever.

One thing I notice is TSO doesnt have a vocal enough voice on the boards at SWfans when it comes to some issues in the OOC forum. See many other groups but just dont see enough TSO particapation or its rather limited at times. There are members who do speak of course, just think it could be increased so that TSO's intrest are fairly represented.

Oh yes.....the tournament is basically drawn up and almost ready to go. Unfortunately kinda let that drag around for awhile....and where some are now gone not sure if to include them or what. But if we do stick with it, and go ahead that could give some here something to do. There are some good matches if it does go ahead including one two think most are intrested in seeing.

Lord Psychic
Jun 12th, 2001, 08:46:59 AM
*Psy looks over at Gav, noticing his nose but ignoring its state.*

What do you mean, you will be unavailable? Are you leaving TSO?

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 12th, 2001, 08:56:14 AM
(ooc) About RPs... I constantly carry them out. Maybe they're not noticed, but they're there. If you guys want to see something to base something off, check this out:
theblackhand.clanpages.com/Info.html (http://theblackhand.clanpages.com/Info.html)

IC I have nothing to really say about this. I'm OOCly disgusted with how the thread went.

Live Wire
Jun 12th, 2001, 09:14:27 AM
damn it gav how many times have I told you not to scare me like that. For a minute we all thought you were leaving tso. I had to hunt down jeseth and get that you're just going off planet for awhile. *sighs* specify dear!!!

Gav Mortis
Jun 12th, 2001, 09:32:36 AM
:lol:

Sowwy!

Lord Psychic
Jun 12th, 2001, 09:33:49 AM
Yeeah right, I think you enjoy it.

Live Wire
Jun 12th, 2001, 11:17:33 AM
he does enjoy it....a little too much.

*frys gav*

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 12th, 2001, 11:53:47 AM
We'll keep in touch via comlink :D

Live Wire
Jun 12th, 2001, 12:45:36 PM
mind filling in the rest of the council with whats going on?!?!?

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 12th, 2001, 01:04:23 PM
??? We're going to Korriban for something called...training?

Lord Psychic
Jun 12th, 2001, 01:17:28 PM
Let's get back on topic, please.

Live Wire
Jun 15th, 2001, 12:17:28 AM
I like what jedah is saying...lets schedule something like that for say....last week of june. We'll come up with a story line and pick players and those who will take the part of non player obstacles and just keep it going for as long as it takes to finish the story. If we have enough interest we could have two going at once.

Lord Psychic
Jun 18th, 2001, 02:23:49 PM
I've got some other good ideas for the constition and Jeseth showed me TBH's, we may want to get some ideas from that. I'll post more later.

Jedah Lynch
Jun 23rd, 2001, 12:20:41 PM
So anything going to be done on this?

Any other ideas? Suggestions? Thoughts? Multi-million dolloar winning sweepstake number?

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 24th, 2001, 03:21:10 AM
I just think we need more members here.

Jedah Lynch
Jun 29th, 2001, 05:34:33 PM
I agree with that.

Only need more particapation on the boards to show TSO off more as it is. More RPs help to do that, if a group is viewable it attracts those who wish to learn or get in on the RP. If nothing is going on in a group though it gets fewer people asking to join, and that in turn usually means out of those that join only a select few are very good.

Live Wire
Jun 30th, 2001, 11:22:08 PM
so lets plan something rather then standing around and saying we need to plan something!!!