PDA

View Full Version : Heads up.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 21st, 2001, 05:29:30 PM
I want to discuss a very real problem. TSO is dying. Gav brought this up once before. I'm bringing it up to discuss options we have. Yes, we have all talked about getting people involved, taking on new apprentices, and starting threads to make our presence known, but sadly there's not much going on anyway and at the rate things are going TSO is just barely an official group by SWFans standards... so what can we do?

A few options I can think of are as follows:

Discuss a merger with another group, possibly TSE as they are the only other Sith group.

Do nothing and just let the group sit here. We'd retain all of our assets, but they would just remain un-utilized until somewhere down the line either someone claims onwership of them or just takes them in a conquest thread.

Dissolve...

It's up for discussion... and if anyone here has brighter ideas, state them.

Lady Vader
Sep 21st, 2001, 10:59:50 PM
NO merger will take place and NO dissolving will be done.

Obviously, you haven't seen what I've been posting before. TSO is right now in the plans of a kidnapping/destroying/planet-take-over. (Go look at my thread in this forum.)

The reason why nothing has been done, is because the weekend I wanted this to take place happened to be the weekend after the tragedy that fell upon America. Not many right now are quite ready to come back to full RPing. But that doesn't mean this plan is not going to go into effect. I'm still working on it, getting ppl together for when it takes place. And it will most likely now take place at the new SWF board.

Now, I'm really very VERY tired of hearing everyone always screaming "TSO IS DYING". And it's beginning to upset and anger me. Now, I'm going to say this once, and ONLY once: The next person that assumes TSO is dying is OUT OF HERE. I'm sick of the negative attitude. Capish?!

Live Wire
Sep 21st, 2001, 11:06:50 PM
Instead of sitting here bitching why dont we do something!

I agree there will be no merger and no disolving of TSO. God....*takes a deep breath*

Taylor the newest member took initiative and started an RP for TSO. How many of you have posted in it? I did as soon as it was reasonably possible cause I recognize in the wake of everything thats happened I need a push to get back into it. Perhaps we should promote that as a tso activity. It seems like some of us are more into our own RP's then doing TSO RP's cause most of the people who are saying TSO is dead seem to be pretty active board wise...so why is it that the group suffers? Explain that! Its cause we're caught up in our own little worlds and yes Im guilty of it to...thats got to stop. We have to start puting the group first...so Im saying haul your asses into taylors thread for a start and we're going to promote the $hit outta the other RP we've been planning.

Its the fuc%ing negativity thats the problem.

Live Wire
Sep 21st, 2001, 11:13:28 PM
thanks for fixing my cursing! lol! Not that you couldnt tell.

Jedah Lynch
Sep 24th, 2001, 01:40:00 PM
Taylor does have some potential.

Yet where does his alligence stand?

We shall see where that goes.

As for the topic at hand TSO is not in the best state right now, there is no denying that. The boards however are slow, very slow, there is not much really going on if nothing else the NYC incident helped to cause things to slow ever further down until the new SWfan board came along. Until the next SW film hits things will more then likely continue to be slow all over.

Also if anyone also hasnt noticed its mostly cliques or groups of people that RP with each other lately, there isnt the wide spread of everyone RPing with everyone like there use to be. Most use various alt ID's that has led been leading to a downturn of the boards for the longest time seeing how it means many people are in several groups at any one time, they give various reason why they do this. Mostly for fun. Not that I buy that seeing how most of who say that have some sort of say in several groups.

Its stupid and overall should be discouraged vastly unless san alt ID's are for the same group or to benefit the people in it. But thats another rant entirely.

Lets face it, until the next SW movie comes along TSO is going to wobble along on the brink unless some things are done. Unfortunately and believe I said this before many of us are in several groups, be it TSE, TBH or even the Jedi. If TSO was in a far better state would say such people including myself shouldnt even be allowed on this council because its really not a good move due to one reason or another if not conflict of intrest/duties to other groups/people, if for no other reason then our time online is spent on those other groups tomake sure everything goes smoothly but everything considered not like theres much choice right now.

Those in the council besides Taylor and Videl who did a RP at Swfans(and did a long ass post 0_o) are basically the main members if not only active/semi-active members. But maybe we can bring in Anbiraa in this? As in the clone of the original Anbira I grew at TSE, as it is right now I do believe he will only be wasted there if not due to some friction be somewhat of a problem. However bring him to TSO and boom, you got one hell of a trainer, guy who knows what he is doing and overall is good PR for the group which is what this group DOES need. It couldnt hurt at least if this could be done, he would better serve TSO then TSE right now is my belief, he might be a good asset for TSE in some ways, but TSO needs him more. That and LV and Anbiraa are a cute couple. *LOL* :p

What else....or yes.....I believe a TSO planet is being attacked. The one with cyber wookies.

www.swforums.net/forum/sh...eadid=7396 (http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7396)

Not sure if this brought up or announced seeing how groups need to warn each other first unless this is just an RP some have running because unless a group is told they are being attacked san attack is void as stated some time ago. Now that I've said this hereI believe the Jedi will be informed/reminded of that by at least one or two people here and we shall be told ASAP offically in one of the TSO forums.

If the planet is going to be attacked someone needs to have the TSO ships up and ready to go, what are the status of the defenses around the planets? Are there just wookies? The Jedi have 250 ships there. If so the wookies are bacon bits.

That reminds me, are the TSO planets with listings of the defenes/ships anywhere? Is there such a list so can easily access them during such times? Who is in charge of the ships or fleets? Gav isnt it? Because if thats an attack someone needs to be commanding the ships. That and you know its always a good idea to be wary that such an attack isn't really a two part operation. Not sure if the Jedi (yes I dont call them NR because IT IS the Jedi lets face it) would really do that unless they thought the planet was easy pickings.

That and most people like to preform such operations nowadays where they always have a second objective that is done while the main enemy forces is preoccupied(more glory/bragging rights).

Lady Vader
Sep 25th, 2001, 12:29:29 AM
:lol: Lynch! Thanks for the compliment!

Seriously, though, I have been meaning to talk to Anbiraa and bring him here to TSO. He had a seat before on the Council here, and I think most ppl here were happy with the way he threw in his suggestions and such. And, yes, he would be a strong asset.

And as to things being slow, it is true, and most likely due to the NYC tragedy (and I also know from a few ppl that it's also due to school). But, really, if you think about it, it's not just affecting TSO. TSE, TBH, and even GJO have been pretty slow. Yeah, there are a few RPs going on, but most are either closed or, as Lynch said, a clique of certain ppl.

We're in the same boat as everyone else. Things will be slow, whether we like it or not, until next May when E2 comes out. It's inevitable.

Yes, we can do a few RPs here and there, but things won't pick up until E2 motivates everyone to get their rears in gear. We just do the best we can at this point.

But I still stand beside what I said before. TSO is NOT and NEVER will die as long as ppl like me, LW, and others have the dream of keeping it alive. There is a difference between slow activity and death. Make a note of that.

Live Wire
Sep 25th, 2001, 10:56:24 AM
we were informed about the attack ahead of time. So dont worry about that. Its part of an rp to try to get things moving.

And your right the rps are all cligues and people in tso are just as guilty of that as everyone else. No ones super group oriented right now. Everyones doing there own thing. Like I said earlier everyones active...just not as far as participating in large group activities.

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 25th, 2001, 11:27:59 AM
I'm really trying to get back into a series of TSO RPs, but first I need to RP Seth regaining his sanity.

BTW, if you happen to read one of my current RPs, remember this message: I AM NOT CONVERTING TO THE LIGHT SIDE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Thank you :)

Lady Vader
Sep 25th, 2001, 10:56:38 PM
Duely noted, Seth. Thanks for the heads up before we tarred and feathered ya. :p