PDA

View Full Version : *Opens the doors to the palace*

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 10th, 2001, 09:27:03 AM
As the doors open, a tall man enters. His brown hair is cut short underneath his Imperial Officer hat. The Imperial Officer uniform clothing him is spotless. Over his shoulder is an Imperial Repeater Rifle. He faces the empty entranceway...

"My Lords and Ladies," he begins, "It has been years since I have been in this region of space. I have spent the last 20 years in the Outer Regions, commanding several ships, and waiting. Having not heard from Grand Admiral Thrawn, and learning of his unfortunate demise, I have decided it is time for me to return..."

He pauses, viewing the palace before him. He smiles.
"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Admiral Taylor Millard. I have felt the pull of the Dark Side ever since I was a Lieutenant in the Imperial Navy. Since then, I have followed the direction of the Secret Order of the Emperor, saving Palpatine's life on one occasion.

"I respectfully, request permission to enter the Sith Order, to expand the usage of my Force talent to more than just controlling my flight abilities, and keeping me calm during extreme battle.

"I do bring several ships under my commands, as well as personel all trained in the Imperial Navy and perhaps, the best non-Force using crew out there. My command training is under Grand Admiral Thrawn, before he came back to this universe 20 years ago. I would like to join your marvelous fleet with your permission and grace.

"What else to I bring to the Order? I bring the skills of a good, no, a great pilot with several other commanders as well. I know your fleet is large, why not add a few more ships to it. And train another in the ways of the Dark Side of the Force.

"I understand there has been some internal struggles within the Order right now. I hope those have been quelched. If I can help bring the end of the Rebellion, I would be most pleased and honored."

He nods his head in a short salute and waits...

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 12th, 2001, 05:52:32 PM
The shadows bounced off the wall, and covered corners. They masked the small animals and rodents that dwelled within. They masked the light, and brought a sense of darkness to the room. Within the darkness dwelled another creature, larger then the rest. This 6'7" embodiment of insanity watched the Imperial man from the darkness.

Masking his presence and appearance in the Force, Seth Darkserpent studied the man known as Taylor Millard. He claimed to have associated and saved the life of Emperor Palpatine. Seth could sense no lie or deceit, so it could've been true.

Then he spoke out, his voice coming from every direction of the room.

"The Rebellion you speak of has been dealt with. You come to the Order in hopes of being trained in the Dark Side?" Seth cackled.

"What makes you think...you can handle being a Sith?"

Seth weaved an illusion of thirteen swords, flying out of the shadows and stopping right before the Admiral, ready to strike him. Any ordinary man would fear for his life.

"Are you prepared to feel fear and use it to smite your enemies?"

The swords disappeared, and behind them a looming figure stepped out of the shadows. His orange eyes blazing in the dim room.

"Can you comprehend the awesome power of the Dark Side?" Seth grinned under his black mask.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 12th, 2001, 09:17:10 PM
Millard stared at the alien. He'd seen worse. Grand Admiral Thrawn's eyes constanly made him nervous. This was different. There were no blue skinned aliens standing if front of him, no perfectionists before him. He smiled.

"I find your ingenuity credible," Millard said, "Believing san illusion of 13 swords would scare me. However, I fly with death daily in my cockpit. I have watched collegues die from their own stupidity and foolishness. I will not make their mistakes by striking at you."

He took a step towards the Sith Alien, "I am ready to face fear. I live with it. Fear. Pain. Anger. All friends of mine. I have watched the Empire go from a great society to the worthless band of warlords it is. The Sith Order is the most powerful, most organized group I know of. Not too big, and quite loyal.

"I heard about the little rebellion the Order faced. But I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the Rebel Alliance, now known as the New Republic. They are quite weakened and losing power daily. But, they must be extinguished completely.

"My Force powers have all ready been witnessed by a member of The Sith Order. They need...refinement and expansion.

"Can I comprehend the Dark Side. Sith Lord, I have witnessed it. Countless times from Lord Vader and the Emperor. I have seen the deaths of Admiral Harkov and Admiral Zaarin, two rogue Imperials. Lord Vader crushed the throat of Harkov using his powers. I have seen Lord Vader kill Imperial Admirals for not doing their job, or just out of the whim of his own mind. As for the Emperor, I have seen his awesome power up close...as he presented me a medal for saving his life off of Coruscant. I have watched Lord Vader pin the medal on my chest and commemorate me as a great pilot.

"Do I conprehend the Dark Side? I have seen it. And I am ready to embrace it."

He turned his voice to the hall around him.

"I leave it up to you Sith Lords and Lordesses. Whether or not you take me in The Sith Order or not. I will fight the New Republic to the death. I fly with it daily. I am not afraid to die. At all."

Darth Viscera
Jun 12th, 2001, 09:30:10 PM
Darth Viscera watched this traitor from afar, and laughed as he referred to the worthless bands of warlords. He had sworn he killed off all the splinter factions. Either his ignorance was great, or he was merely contemptuous of the New Order. Either way, he had earned the Imperial Diktat's anger.

"We have all witnessed the fury of Lord Vader and His majesty the Emperor, Admiral. That does not make these witnesses travelers of the dark path. What do you know of the force? Have you the ability to command it, to bend it to your will? Do you even understand it?"

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 12th, 2001, 11:18:03 PM
Millard listened to the voice.
He's making a good point, he thought. The majority of this order probably had seen Lord Vader in action. I, on the other hand, have spent more time with Thrawn than with Vader.

"My Lord," he began, "I do not pretend to have the knowledge you have of the Force. I only know what I have experienced and seen with my own eyes. My studies of the Sith, reveal they were once a great and powerful empire, much like they are today. But, unneccessary war and members of the Sith wanting power for themselves led to their destruction. The Sith Order, from my observations, is the strongest of the factions out today. They have had the least internal struggles and, from what my information tells me, they deal with traitors quickly. I simply wish to join and assist you in the destruction of the Rebel- New Republic.

"As I stated before, I have spent 20 years in the Unknown Regions, waiting the call of Grand Admiral Thrawn. When I heard none, I waited longer. Until I finally decided it was time to discover what happened. I found the Empire in shambles at the time, and the New Republic triumphant. This was 10 years ago. I returned to the Unknown Regions to bide my time and wait for the opportunity to return.

"A year ago, I started hearing rumors of a Lord Viscera and a Sith Order. Learning the Sith Order was powerful in this region, I attempted to make contact with this Darth Viscera, using a collegue of mine. Contact, or what I thought was contact, was made and a meeting scheduled today.

"Unfortunately, the meeting turned to be a farce, and my collegues and I were attacked and almost destroyed. One of your own too, was almost killed as well..."

Millard paused. Did this warrent revealing the person who ended up assisting him or not? He pondered this...then continued.

"It would be unwise to reveal who that person was. If they want to reveal themselves they can. But, I was attacked on my way to meet the Order. Perhaps my information was wrong, or my contact met the wrong person, but who would benefit from my death? Certainly none of you. I, to my knowledge, know none of you personally at all. I can only assume, it was a local group who attempted to prevent my contact with you."

Millard strained his senses, attempting to register who else was in the grand hall. He could see possible outlines of people, but was uncertain if there were more than 3 or 4 people present.

"You ask, my lord. If I can control the Force to my will. I cannot...yet. I have Force powers, but I reach a barrier in my mind inhibiting their use. I am a military man, sir, a servant of the Empire. When the Secret Order approached me, I knew not why they wanted me, only that they did. It was only when I tested myself with one of the Emperor's 'Force Detectors' that I understood why they wanted me. I had Force abilities.

"I wish to learn how to manipulate the Force, as my control is quite less than it should be. And can be. The Force does keep me calm in battle, and in command. I have exhibited Force powers in the past, and today.

"I wish to join, and learn what I can about the Force and use it to my advantage. I am not a Sith, sir, but a military man, not interested in political games. I wish to learn the ways of the Sith and become one, like yourself. I wish the destruction of the New Republic and will do what I can to bring it to its pathetic end."

Admiral Millard stood there in the chamber, and waited...

Darth Viscera
Jun 12th, 2001, 11:42:08 PM
Viscera shook his head.

"You are mistaken on one point. The Sith Order was formed through the collapse of a previous group of Sith, known as the Sith Council. At that point, those who broke off were considered traitors by some. Their order has been formed through internal struggles and 'traitors'."

"'Order' is a word not easily defined. Often, during periods of professed order, chaos is the norm. This is not to say that this Sith Order is not indeed a powerful group, merely that there is more to order than its definition implies."

"Admiral Millard, if it is acceptable to the Sith council, and if you agree, I would like to take you on as my Sith Apprentice. You were once a part of the Imperial court, if I understand you correctly. In addition, an extended tour of duty in such a harsh region of space must have fine-tuned your sense of tactics."

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 13th, 2001, 08:01:31 AM
OOC: Just wanted to say that I am human..not an alien..

IC:Seth nodded in the background, keeping silent and observing the two speak. This man had caught the Diktat's attention.

"I do not see any problem with him joining the Order. I will confer with the other council members if you are allowed to train Mr. Milliard." Seth directed his speech at Viscera.

He finally turned to regard the Admiral.

"You have the will to learn, I can see it in your eyes. Just be aware. It will not be easy. A Sith's life is full of danger and destroying...But I am sure an experienced soldier like yourself is used to such things." He grinned.

"Remember one thing, at the Sith Order, you are not an Imperial. You are a Sith."

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 13th, 2001, 09:43:54 AM
OOC: Okay wasn't sure about Seth's race.

IC: Millard listened to what the Sith Lord said. He would be an admiral in name only, not in rank with the Sith Order.

Separating the two would be interesting he thought. But, I would not expect any priviledges to be given to me simply because I am an admiral.

"I understand this Sith Lord," Millard stated, his voice calm, "To advance, one must sometimes take a step back to go two steps forward. I do not expect any special privileges from anyone in this Order. I am here on my own merits, and I expect to be treated as any other trainee would.

"I do have a small request. I have several ships under my command. If the Order would allow it, I would like to be able to remain in contact with the flagship, the ISD Superior to get weekly updates, and allow discussions with the commander, Captain Tomar. If the request is denied, I understand and accept it.

"I am here to learn the ways of the Sith and destroy the New Republic. I expect the training to be harsh and brutal. Instead of commanding troops, I will be commanding my own abilities and expanding them. I only expect to be trained by the best for the best. Skill above speed. Mind over matter. Anger over joy."

He smiled a tight smile, his eyes flashing. "I will wait for the Council's decision." He stood and waited.

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 13th, 2001, 12:27:47 PM
Seth nodded. "I am glad. You will receive an answer shortly." With that he turned around and strode out of the room.

Approximately 1 hour later

Seth entered the room once again, allowing the shadows to form around him. His hands were at his side, hidden in the shadows his cloak produced.

"Mr. Millard, you have been accepted into the ranks of the Sith Order. Forgive us for the short delay." He turned to Viscera. "The Council has decided you cannot train him. We are not doubting your Sith skills, for you are very knowledgable in the area of teaching. We are weary of the idea of an Imperial diktat such as yourself, instructing an Imperial Admiral here. Imperial ideals might interfere with his Dark Side training. Any further qualms can be brought up in an arranged meeting with the Council."

Seth turned around and gazed into the darkness for a few moments.

"I have been asked to take you as my apprentice, Millard. I do not doubt you will fail me. You will learn that there is no such option or luxury as failure."

He began to walk away. Seth stopped after a few steps.

"When are you ready to begin?" His back was still turned to Taylor.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 13th, 2001, 03:30:35 PM
"You will learn there is no option or luxury as failure."

The words echoed in Millard's mind as he watched the Sith Master declare him eligable to be in the Sith Order. Certainly, the words were partially correct. Millard had failed several times as a member of the Empire. He had watched Imperial Officers look down on him as he landed his battered TIE Fighter.

I may have failed, he thought But I always came back to beat the odds.

And now this Sith Lord had his back towards him. Millard was certain this was a success, but not sure what kind. He pondered this.

I doubt he expects me to attack him. Perhaps he wants me to follow him.

Taylor began to walk towards the Sith Lord.

"I am ready to begin my training, my Master," he stated evenly and clearly, "Where you go, I will follow, my Lord. Even if I fail, sir, I will follow you. Even if I die."

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 13th, 2001, 05:27:17 PM
OOC: TSO doesn't have the rank of Sith Lord :( but I am a Sith Knight. TSO has three ranks, Apprentice, Knight and Master.

IC:"You are an eager one." Seth remarked, keeping his back turned. His dark cloak covered most of his body. "That is an admirable trait. You shall learn many things in training."

He walked off into the shadows, expecting Taylor to follow. Seth headed straight for the <a href=http://pub23.ezboard.com/fthesithordertraininggrounds.showMessage?topicID=2 05.topic>training grounds</a>.