PDA

View Full Version : Yasalamari Talk OOC:

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 10th, 2001, 08:14:05 PM
I decided to post here instead of in the On her Knees Theard. Cloak, I disagree with you on that For the Record Post. The Yasalamari produce a field in which, in my opinion, cuts off body communications with the midiclorions. Its like a jamming field. I think its impossible for you to touch the force at all. Remember, on the Yasalamari's home world, they are hunted by a predator who has the ability to enhance its senses to hunt. That includes Force Enhanced Speed, sight, hearing, and smell.

Live Wire
Jun 10th, 2001, 08:52:17 PM
I dont know how they work now with the whole midclorian bs but its true you have NO contact with the force within a ysalimir bubble. Theres not way to use the force at all.

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 10th, 2001, 09:45:34 PM
As I said, it depends largely on your proximity to it. In Heir to the Empire Joruus C'boath is surrounded by them, but he can still us the Force, just not on people within the bubbles...

Live Wire
Jun 10th, 2001, 10:46:43 PM
if you're outside of the bubble yes you can use the force but not on things inside the bubble. if you yourself are inside the null bubble then you cant use the force. C'baoth had to kill the ysalimir before he could use the force again.

Lady DeVille
Jun 10th, 2001, 11:06:59 PM
Live Wire, that is correct. Inside the bubble...no Force. So Force attacks do not work (even if the user is outside the bubble to use the Force, the attacks do not work inside the null bubble).

Darth Roul
Jun 11th, 2001, 08:02:14 AM
its all so confusing. I think LD and LW are right about this. I don't know I never use em

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 11th, 2001, 08:16:28 AM
Another thing about ysalimir. They need to be placed in nutrient cages or on trees to survive. Their NOT just creatures you can put anywhere. They can be placed out of nutrient cages but only for 20 minutes or so. Thrawn had planted trees in certain parts of the Chimera in order for the creatures to survive.

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
Jun 11th, 2001, 08:32:23 AM
As a keeper of a ysalimir (Under my Sanis name)...yes, I think that people really need to adhere to the rule about nutrient cages. Ysalimir are not housecats, and you can't just have em frolicking around as such. These guys require special gear to survive, and while they can be separated from nutrient cages, its only for a fleeting bit of time. We're talking about bulky nutrient cages, the size of large suitcases and the like. Its reasons like this that Sanis almost never carries Roddy on his person when he's fighting...as the bugger is just too cumbersome. Its much more effective to have him placed strategically in a specific area, and have your enemy stumble on the force-null field.

Maybe I can start a ysalimir breeding company. Make millions, I can see it now :lol:

Live Wire
Jun 11th, 2001, 09:16:34 AM
damn theres a moneymaking idea...ysalimir breeders

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 11th, 2001, 09:54:21 AM
Actually... TropOptimum does that, but since we're short on staff we've yet to RP most of it. It's under my other name, Caffer.

Cizerack Hunter Forces
Jun 11th, 2001, 03:24:28 PM
That's another thing...what kind of sick bastard would think about naming their company TriOptimum...after that fun little excursion around Tau Ceti V.

(shakes off nightmares)

Morgan Evanar
Jun 11th, 2001, 03:45:16 PM
A sick bastard named Shawn =D

Dark Lord Dyzm
Jun 11th, 2001, 03:50:15 PM
Guess What Everyone! I can Feel My Life Draining From My Body! YIPPEE!!!

Lady Vader
Jun 12th, 2001, 12:04:27 AM
*in comes the Encyclopedia of all things SW (of course, this is a load of useless information for rl and I have no idea what I'm to do with it, except keep spueing it out)*

Ysalamiri are salamanderlike and exhibit the traits of a sloth. Their Force inhibiting bubbles can reach to be 10 meters in radius, and in groups these bubbles can overlap and extend in their reach. A Force user cannot call upon the Force or manipulate the Force in any way while in this bubble. The same goes for when outside the bubble. Nothing can be manipulated within the bubble. They developed this unique ability to protect against Force-sensitive vornskers, who hunt the ysalamiri by utilizing their Force-sensing abilities.

The ysalamiri live in the branches of Myrkr's trees, and they have claws that actually grow directly into their perch, making it nearly impossible to remove them without killing them. A discovery was made that the ysalamiri are attracted to a specific natural herb that causes them to move just enough so they can be removed from their perches and put onto nutrient frames (in the Thrawn Trilogy, they were pipe frames and designed to be worn on the backs of troopers so as to be more mobile).

*this has been another episode on the Discovery Channel... next week: the complex mating rituals of Rancors*

Lady DeVille
Jun 12th, 2001, 01:09:45 AM
:lol: at LV Damn, I'm going to miss you.

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 12th, 2001, 08:46:01 AM
Actually, naming it TriOptimum was my idea. :p

^_^

Lord Psychic
Jun 12th, 2001, 08:51:20 AM
Rancor mating.. *shudders*

Garrett Blade
Jun 12th, 2001, 09:54:42 AM
TriOptimum ...*Shudders*