PDA

View Full Version : Yet another important thing. And stuff.

Banestone
Aug 28th, 2000, 02:10:18 PM
GuardPiett has requested permission to join TSO... this makes me wonder something (nothing to do with Piett, as far as I'm concerned he's welcome here). When people ask to join, what requirements are there to allow them in? I say this just because sometimes we aren't around much, and if one of us let someone join then perhaps if another Council member saw this they would disagree with the original member's choice to let them join. I don't think it's a problem really, but I think perhaps we should set up some rules here, both rules for all of TSO and rules that concern just the Council... like, "for a new member of TSO to be granted his/her/its membership, they must be approved by two or more Council members"? What do you think? Another rule could be similar to that but cover admission to the SSC. "For an established member of TSO to gain access to the SSC, permission must be granted by three or more Council members in the SSC".

I dunno, I'm just thinking we need a little bit more clearly stated rules for those of us (me) who aren't sure on things. :) That way we clearly know what's what and there's no confusion or disorder... I think I'd like rules for banning people here too, but it's all up to you guys. What do you think? Should a rules forum be set up, that no one can post in (except for Council members when they originally post the rules), but everyone can see? *Not sure, but would like it*

Banestone
Aug 28th, 2000, 02:23:34 PM
So... to continue on in my thinking, we would create a new forum titled "TSO Rules", with threads made for each topic's rules (like, different threads named perhaps "Fighting rules", "Council rules", "Membership rules") and then closing the threads upon their being posted (although that would be unneccassary if only we can make them... if a rule changes/gets added to a certain topic we just unclose, edit, and reclose. No muss, no fuss. That rhymes like limes! Do bees have knees? Hee hee stop me!) Discussion of the rules would go on in here, and would not be limited to the Council members, but to anyone with access to the SSC. Sooo... I wish everyone was online right now, I hate waiting... :( Heheh! If it's decided that we should have rules that anyone can see, I'd be happy to make the new forum and stuff...

Oh yeah, and also I think Xarkz Chaos should be given access to the SSC, but that's not related much to this topic.

Dark Lord Dyzm
Aug 29th, 2000, 07:10:38 AM
We Can do that on LV's Website, maybe, her choice

Live Wire
Aug 29th, 2000, 04:42:57 PM
first off I wanna say....I AM NOT LV!!!!!

okay now that that is out of the way. sounds like a good plan. right now we need all of the members we can get. I cant think of a reason we would turn anyone away at this point. Of course we arent just letting just anyone in the SSC. that is where the security issue is I think. Not just in allowing members.

Darth Roul
Aug 29th, 2000, 05:09:02 PM
If you remember in TSC we had to wait 3 months before we could get into the SSC. We should do that then have the council vote.

Banestone
Aug 30th, 2000, 08:28:23 AM
Hmm... not all of us had to wait that long in TSC. ;) Anyways, maybe two months? 3 is a long time...