PDA

View Full Version : A question for the council

Darth Roul
May 15th, 2001, 02:54:41 PM
I have a personal fleet that I am now updating. I would like to have it placed in the grand fleet of TSO. Coments please

OOC:if this is done I have a couple of things.
1.it is seperate from all other fleets and is not merged
2.I have a character that i would like to be in charge of it.

Keerrourri Sarrtarroa
May 15th, 2001, 05:43:31 PM
I'm not sure if the current fleet rules will allow this.

Darth Viscera
May 16th, 2001, 12:38:52 AM
<a href=http://members.home.net/wlabiche/gma/rules.html>Ship Rules</a>, if anyone wants to check them at any time.

Darth Roul
May 16th, 2001, 11:51:20 AM
It says nothing about it

Lady Vader
May 16th, 2001, 07:32:28 PM
well, this idea would be advantagous to making the fleets bigger without breaking the "down-sizing" rule...

Darth Viscera
May 17th, 2001, 02:43:27 AM
See, the problem with building a personal fleet is that individuals are not allowed to have any shipyards. If you can order ships at customer shipyards (every group is allowed to have one, btw), and you have the moola to pay for them, then I don't see it as a problem, BUT:

It is illegal to use these customer shipyards for the military gain of your group.

LV's comment is a perfect example of what not to do. Say you order a ship from an Imperial customer shipyard. You then cannot use that ship to aid the Empire militarily, otherwise you might as well just call that a regular shipyard. The Dark Axis has 9 Shipyards (2 of which are customer) total. It does not have to resort to sneaketry and jerkoffitude to build a bigass fleet. If you order a ship from a Dark Axis customer shipyard, you cannot then use that ship to aid the Dark Axis militarily.

Admiral Roebuck
May 17th, 2001, 06:07:16 AM
The Dark Axis has 9 shipyards

Does it??

I take it you mean with refernece to the respective groups in the DA, however that is only TSO and TSE to my knowledge, whats with the 9 shipyards?

Live Wire
May 17th, 2001, 07:31:18 AM
yeah I think I had asked about this sometime before as a way to get around downsizing.

but I have a question....what if someone orders ships from your shipyards and later on say their group or wahtever becomes an ally of your group! They should be able to use their ships to aid you even if they did come from your shipyard

Darth Viscera
May 17th, 2001, 08:25:22 AM
TSE has 4 shipyards, plus 1 Customer shipyard.
TSO has 3 shipyards, plus 1 Customer shipyard.

Total-9 shipyards.

LW-Yes, that's alright, but only if they don't have an alliance with you at the time that they order the ship, and they have no intention of seeking an alliance. If they end up getting an alliance with you anyways, and it's just a coincidence, then they can use the ships to aid you. If it's not a coincidence, then someone will eventually figure out what's going on, and bring it up in the OOC forum.

Darth Roul
May 17th, 2001, 11:51:36 AM
I built these ships with TSC when I didn't even plan on using them for TSO. Also the other ships that are being built were started by TSF

Darth Viscera
May 17th, 2001, 03:07:52 PM
then they need to be downsized, and TSF can't build any ships, can't even own shipyards, unless it has enough members.

Darth Roul
May 17th, 2001, 03:41:37 PM
we had four

Me-Graem-Raen(sp?)-Mathius(sp?)

They all coinside with downsizing because well they arn't done yet
not until the end of June

Xarkz Chaos
May 18th, 2001, 03:57:28 PM
I think five is the amount of members needed to be considered a faction and allowed shipyards, however.

Lady DeVille
May 18th, 2001, 08:07:56 PM
Sneaketry and jerkoffitude? Heh. New words are fun. :lol:

Darth Viscera
May 19th, 2001, 03:16:20 AM
Actually, 4 is the number, and yes, LD, they are :)

Garrett Blade
May 19th, 2001, 04:53:17 AM
Could I please ask a question on behalf of my friends at The Coalition?

Does a group need to own a planet to have shipyards/construction yards/droidworks? This is because I find it impractical for a crime syndicate to own planets when starting out, or even at all for that matter (maybe one of two). Is it okay for them to mine from asteroid belts and have shipyards nearby, and spacestations with construction yards and droidworks onboard? As for ground bases, moons would be most likely.

Darth Viscera
May 19th, 2001, 05:02:37 AM
Yes. It needs to own a planet, so the shipyards can orbit something.

Darth Roul
May 19th, 2001, 05:07:08 AM
They could orbit a large moon though

Darth Viscera
May 19th, 2001, 05:10:50 AM
Sure. moon or planet, doesn't matter which.

Garrett Blade
May 19th, 2001, 07:48:31 AM
Okay, thanks. I still think its silly that it NEEDS to orbit something - but a moon is do-able

Lord Psychic
May 19th, 2001, 08:58:55 AM
What about an asteroid or star?

Seth Darkserpent
May 19th, 2001, 09:14:31 AM
Asteroid- I am 95% sure it's possible.

Star- I don't think that would ever be possible.

Xarkz Chaos
May 19th, 2001, 05:18:07 PM
In one of the books, Lando had that mining operation that was very close to a star, he had to use shieldships to get other ships in/out.

Sanis Prent
May 21st, 2001, 11:14:27 AM
Seeing as everything in the solar system orbits the sun...I'd say that it would be easy enough to have a shipyard orbit a star.