PDA

View Full Version : Cloning Facilities?

Seth Darkserpent
May 31st, 2001, 02:38:09 PM
Does TSO have some? If so, where are there? If not, I suggest some are established.

Darth Roul
May 31st, 2001, 03:18:20 PM
We should build some

Gav Mortis
May 31st, 2001, 03:55:21 PM
We have 19000 cloning vats on Kashyyyk where we clone wookiees for our wookiee drones.

But they are available for other usage.

Seth Darkserpent
May 31st, 2001, 06:05:57 PM
So...could...say...Humans be cloned?

Darth Viscera
May 31st, 2001, 06:31:51 PM
......would you prefer sheep? :lol:

Lady DeVille
May 31st, 2001, 07:13:39 PM
I believe Dagger and I brought a great many Spaarti Cyclinders to TSO, however I only know where my 500 are, I don't know what he did with all the others. Are those the ones on Kasshhykk? (spelling is all wrong, sorry!!)

Jedah Lynch
May 31st, 2001, 07:14:38 PM
:lol:

Clones I'm not only one but I'm also the president.

heh.

Clones are good for making troops, having a spare body ready to go for when you die prematurely or when you need to sacrifice yourself by blowing up a reactor at point blank range.

Plus cloning allows for the eradicatin of nasty annoying defects in past bodies.

Gav Mortis
Jun 1st, 2001, 06:17:25 AM
What I don't like about cloning is that people just assume that because they have a dormant clone somewhere they can just be wasteful with their lives when the fact of the matter is that a Life Transfer is just as difficult a force power to execute as a Force Storm!

Darth Roul
Jun 1st, 2001, 09:22:32 AM
true but I am a clone

OOC:did anyone see the sixth day?

Lady DeVille
Jun 1st, 2001, 09:38:39 AM
ooc: saw it, very interesting :) ending sucked, though :p /ic:

Darth Roul
Jun 1st, 2001, 09:54:05 AM
OOC:you could tell he was the clone for most of the movie

Gav Mortis
Jun 1st, 2001, 09:56:16 AM
And thanks for spoiling the film!
-DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-in hell! :mad:

Jedah Lynch
Jun 1st, 2001, 12:11:17 PM
If you stuck to the rules of clones done in the SW novels it would take nine years at least to grow a proper clone without any side effects. Easy to say thats kinda shot to hell boardwise so took more than a few liberties with the art of fine cloning.

One method used was to say took the life force of hundreds if not thousands of people Ie: POW, citizens, immigrants yearning to be free, stuck them in tubes and basically transferred that what makes a person alive into the clone so could get them in walking talking and stalking order in a fast way. When its all said and done it makes as much sense as the concept of the force so its what I do:)

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 1st, 2001, 12:14:12 PM
Hows about if I were to clone a Jedi and turn them dark? I've always wanted to do that...

Darth Roul
Jun 1st, 2001, 12:18:25 PM
I think it could work

Jedah Lynch
Jun 1st, 2001, 12:30:50 PM
It might be possible.

In the novels one Jedi Master long dead was brought back but since he wasnt fully grown he was more wacko than jacko and totally out to take over the galaxy, he was pretty much the definition of a Dark Jedi at that point.

All in all it shouldnt be much to totally subject a mind with the proper "procedures" so that the clone result is a far different person than who he/she was.

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 1st, 2001, 01:00:40 PM
(ooc) A clone who is brought up to beleive he is someone he's not (like Joruus C'boath was in Heir to the Empire) and is brought up following the Dark Side, would become insane unless the proper cloning procedures were followed. They demand that you keep the clone isolated with Ysalamiris and such to ensure that the spirit of the perso wh you decide to clone doesn't inhabit the body or make the mind of the new clone flio out. Joruus C'Boath is one of the outcomes. Most Dark Jedi (like he was) often times do completely evil things which they justify as being the right thing to do. That doesn't really mean all Dark Jedi are insane, though... but most seem to be.

Darth Viscera
Jun 1st, 2001, 03:39:02 PM
Don't look at me. I was cloned correctly :)

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 1st, 2001, 03:42:51 PM
No you weren't DV :p

And I plan on torturing this young Jedi clone and driving them mad. Insanity can be cured with time. Seth is learning that. I believe that the insane clone thing was resolved, but I could be wrong.

Live Wire
Jun 1st, 2001, 06:48:05 PM
well there are ways to get around the whole time limit insanity thing. like using the ysalimir to push back the force around the cloning tanks. (see zahn trillogy). Or you can wait the proper length of time and have a sane clone. Or I believe if the original is dead then the clone wont go insane. Cause I think they explained it as the stress on the mind of the clone through the force to have another like mind out there is what originally started driving them mad. But I could be wrong its been awhile since I read the books.

Lord Psychic
Jun 4th, 2001, 02:19:59 PM
So say a Jedi were cloned (but that Jedi would still be alive), would it have to be surronded by ysalarmi in the cloning tank? And if it were to be brought with the Dark Side, would they go insane?

I'm just curios, seeing as I haven't read up on this cloning thing.

Xarkz Chaos
Jun 4th, 2001, 09:56:50 PM
You should read The Last Command, goes over clones pretty well.

Jeseth Cloak
Jun 4th, 2001, 10:05:59 PM
Well, to keep the clone from turning out insane, yeah you would have to keep him isloated in Ysalamiri bubble until he's fully grown... Once you let him, he'll start flipping out again, but it'll take longer.