PDA

View Full Version : WTF am I doing here?

Darth Viscera
Jan 28th, 2002, 11:11:21 PM
Do you know that I have been waiting for a conclusion to my training for more than 400 days now? I have been generally disregarded in every possible manner during that time, and whenever I try to arrange an RP that will advance my character's training, I'm simply blown off. I can't remember how many of my threads have ended with my last post being that of "TTT".

I went to RSO-why do I have to take this?

Live Wire
Jan 29th, 2002, 12:47:21 AM
Im sorry Im a horrible person!

*polishes DV's shoes*

well okay more like unreliable...damn when was the last time I trained someone. Im getting rusty. I'll work with you if you want and if I dont keep up then you can smack me around a bit.

Darth Viscera
Jan 29th, 2002, 01:52:16 AM
...I played Henry III!

Gav Mortis
Jan 29th, 2002, 11:44:29 AM
I was training you at one point until you buggered off on me! So you can't say anything mister! :p

Darth Viscera
Jan 29th, 2002, 08:28:58 PM
Three months is an awful long time for an Empire to be left leaderless. Ask Sate Pestage.

Still, I would have preferred it had I not been excluded right off the bat.

Gav Mortis
Feb 3rd, 2002, 04:47:01 PM
Still, you didn't seem to have any objection at the time! :eek:

Plus, I was training my apprentices away on a mission, which you decided not to embark upon and leave for the Empire. :p

Darth Viscera
Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:37:29 PM
O_O
Gav, you're getting your memory of the situation mixed up. I won't go into details about it because I know I'll come off as being passive aggresive (heh, this is like my 6th draft of this post :p ), I'd just have appreciated you telling me before you left me out of the 2nd training thread.

Gav Mortis
Feb 4th, 2002, 10:33:00 AM
Dude, we're not all perfect and to be honest, there's no point in getting all angry about it now - you said it yourself, "Do you know that I have been waiting for a conclusion to my training for more than 400 days now?"

You never said anything to me about that until now and you've let your frustration build up - I don't know what was said in those other six posts but I'd have had no sympathy for you - we talk on AIM occasionally and you've said nothing. I had no idea you wanted to be part of that training thread, if oyu'd have said something you'd have been in it - you had told me though that at the time you were too busy with TGE to be training for the moment.

If you're annoyed do something about it rather than bitch - I know you're going through a difficult time man - but you are not the only one, hence my being here.

Darth Viscera
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:26:22 PM
My bad Gav, I was just venting, and lately I can't seem to figure out where to put all this stray frustration.

I replied to my old training thread. I love all you sons of bitches, and if no one replies to my training, well then I'll just have to send you all very evil muffin baskets with poisoned ribbons!

Oh my, I need another stimshot.

Gav Mortis
Feb 4th, 2002, 04:40:12 PM
You make me laugh everytime! :lol:

You don't sound American at all in your humour - I could swear (and Garrett has said this too) that you were British by the way you speak - wording, not accent of course. :)

You can take that as a compliment by the way! :D

Darth Viscera
Feb 4th, 2002, 05:41:17 PM
That's because I'm rather neutral when it comes to accents. Although I'm a Texan, my father and his father grew up in Colorado, which rather nullifies the adjustment (NorthWest/South/North) of an American accent. He also speaks in a very scientific manner, no doubt because he's a Scientist.

My mother, on the other hand, is awful when it comes to speech. Common phrase-
"Tanks bee to da Gawd."

Somewhere in this conundrum that is my lineage, I suppose I acquired adaptive vocal cords. My Indian accent is absolutely exquisite, my Native American accent is good-I suppose, and I've been working on my Oxfordian accent for as long as I can remember, to the point that I can now use it fluidly and in real-time, so long as I am not required to raise my voice too much-that particular accent seems to be driven by subtleties in my voice patterns.

I'm always working at it. Immitation is something that I'm rather fond of.