PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcaster: The Training of Taylor Millard

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 13th, 2001, 05:26:21 PM
Seth had led his new apprentice through many halls and corridors until they arrived at the Training grounds. It had only taken fifteen minutes, but the walk had not tired them out. Seth had taken the longer route in hopes of getting Taylor familiar with the castle and it's surroundings.

He had led him down a flight of stairs into an empty dungeon, with empty cells on the right side of the wall. It was widely spaced for a dungeon, providing much room. Seth thought this would be an appropriate training ground to begin teaching the man before him.

As Naga, his other he had hated Imperials, but since the transfer of essences, Seth had grown accustomed to seeing Stormtroopers and Admirals roam the halls on occasion. He had come to respect the soldiers of the Empire and what they did.

But now is not the time for deep reflection, He thought.

Seth finally turned around and stared at Taylor, observing him with his bright orange eyes.

"Before we begin training, I would like you to tell me more about yourself. From what I have heard in the other chambers, you were assigned to the Unknown Regions for a long period of time. Tell me about your full life. I would like to know, everything you remember about yourself." Seth silently awaited an answer.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 14th, 2001, 03:59:59 PM
Millard stood in the dank, cold dungeon. As he walked forward, one black boot stepped in a moss-like substance making a 'squish' sound.

Certainly this is not the worst place I've been in Millard thought, The Unknown Regions provided plenty of hardships. Like the time Thomas and I had to outrun a pack of Tormentors. I still shudder thinking about that.

But, he reminded himself, there were no Sith in the Unknown Regions.

Taylor pondered the request to reveal his origin. Thrawn always said, revealings ones weaknesses led to defeat. But, the admiral recalled, he was no longer an Imperial to this crowd. Just another Sith Trainee.

"You will forgive me, Master, if I do not start gushing about my personal life. But, I will tell you the highlights.

"My private life," he began slowly and deliberately, "Is rather droll. My mother was a trader, my father..." he paused briefly, "My father was dead before I was born. He was an Old Republic fighter pilot."

"I've spent the majority of my time in the Imperial Service. If you like, I can get you a copy of my Imperial record from the Superior and have it here in less than 30 minutes.

"As for my assignment with Grand Admiral Thrawn. I was always a good pilot, but Admiral Thrawn decided to innundate me in command and battle tactics. For 5 years, I was his second in command. He believed the Empire needed more commanders willing to sacrifice for the good of the Empire and not personal gain..."

Millard paused again, remembering Thrawn. Remembering his tutelage. His eyes lost some of their sharpness as he remember. Then, the admiral came back to reality and continued.
"He ordered me to wait for him while he found the rest of the Imperial Fleet. This was 15 years ago. I waited for him, yet he did not return. I began to scout old Imperial Space, learning the knowledge of Thrawn's death. I returned to the Unknown Regions and waited. As I stated in the outer chamber, I began to hear rumors, about a year ago, concerning the Sith Order and a Darth Viscera. I decided to investigate. And now I am here."

Taylor stopped his tale. The time for giving more would happen, if the Sith decided to ask for it. And, not during the first day. A tactical advantage, perhaps Millard thought again, To tell me nothing, but expect me to tell everything? He thought again what Thrawn said.

"Pardon me, Master, " the Sith Trainee said his hand brushing a bit of moss off of his shoulder, "But what about yourself. How long have you been Sith? And...what is your name?"

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 14th, 2001, 04:22:00 PM
Excellent, he has a mind of his own. Not just another Imperial drone. Seth reflected, impressed at how curious Taylor was to ask such a question. No one had ever asked him this question before. Seth wondered how to answer. He had lived two lives before.

"Before I was known as Naga. I was part of a reptile race from a backwater planet named P'hish. One day the Empire invaded my clan and was taken prisoner. They tried to study me, but I broke free and crash landed on Munto Codru. There I joined the Sith Empire, discovering I had natural Force talents. I was trained to the rank of Sith Knight. Then I left and came here."

Seth paused for a moment, recalling the memories in his mind. It had been long since he had tried to remember Naga's past. The experience was like opening a dusty book.

"Four months ago Naga was killed by a Jedi Master in battle. Before he died, he transferred his life essence into a new body. I am what is left of him." Seth finished. He decided not to inform Millard about anything else for now.

"Since then I have been improving my skills and mastering certain aspects of the Dark Side. Long have I been waiting to impart my knowledge and diversity to a willing pupil." Seth grinned under his mask. "Tell me Taylor, what do you fear most?"

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 15th, 2001, 12:17:04 AM
The tale the Sith told the Imperial Admiral caught his attention.

P'hish, Millard thought, I remember reading reports about that backwater planet. Hmm...crash landed on Munto Codru, joined the Sith Empire. Must have made the same decision I made and joined The Sith Order because it appeared stronger. Interesting...

Taylor also found it interesting this 'Naga' called him by his first name. It appears. He wants me to trust him to a degree. But, what I fear most?

Millard racked his brains. He could not think of anything that truly scared him. All fears were a weakness, to him. And weaknesses should not be revealed Again, something Thrawn taught him. Millard smiled a tight smile.

"The fears I have had in the past, are worth nothing now," he stated flatly, "I have conquered them through experience and knowledge."

Admiral Millard suddenly found something twinge in the back of his head. As if something was being pulled out forcefully. He pushed back, but then felt the tug harder.

He was on the bridge of theSuperior just now coming out of hyperspace. As he watched the lines turn to stars, he realized something. There were no Star Destroyers on Coruscant. Instead, he saw, Rebel Alliance ships surrounded him, making escape impossible. There was no Empire...

Millard breathed a sigh of relief, as the memory faded knowing it was not true...to a degree. The Rebels have Coruscant, but not for long. I will bring their end, and let the Empire rule

But then Taylor realized he wasn't on Corellia, in the dungeon. Instead, a dark, swampy jungle surrounded him, soaking his boots and uniform pants. He heard a noise to his left and thought he observed a tall, dark beast slip inbetween shadows.

The admiral took a step forward, looking up at his surroundings. Tall trees reached up farther than he could see. Higher than the trees on Endor, he noted. The air, heavy and moist, soaked his uniform jacket. His clammy hands held his repeater rifle. He continued his journey forward. Then he heard a noise like a growl, behind him. He ducked to his right as a dark, spindly beast flew over him. As Millard brought his rifle to bear, beast jumped on him. The last thing he felt were needles sticking in his neck and an intense pushing on his brain....

"Get. Out. Of My HEAD!" Millard yelled as his senses came back to him. He realized he wasn't in the forest. Instead, he lay on the ground of the dank dungeon on Corellia. His head ached and his neck hurt.

Millard looked at the Sith Knight and scowled. Caution. Do not get emotional about it

"So," he said, his voice stern, "Did you find what you wanted....Master."

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 16th, 2001, 05:31:33 AM
"Indeed!" Seth cackled, allowing his raspy voice to echo through the halls. "But I noticed how you supressed your anger just a few moments ago. You're going to learn that it is fear and anger that fuels a Dark Sider. It empowers us and allows us to do many things."

Seth stayed silent for a moment, the words flooding into his brain.

"Darth Viscera has won back Coruscant a while ago, but with each passing day the New Republic grows stronger. You will be taught the ways of the Sith and help in our campaign to destroy them."

He is strong in the Force and has the potential to become a strong Sith, Seth reflected, With...guidance and tutilage of course.

"Today, right now, right here," He stared to the walls and then to the ground. "We begin training."

Seth could note the eagerness in Millard's eyes. His eyes shifted to three rocks in the corner. They were about the size of an ape's fist. All three rose up and began to juggle in mid air with eachother. Then they stopped and were lightly put back on the ground, one on top of the other.

"That was just the tip of the Super Star Destroyer. The Dark Side of the Force can enable us to do much, much more. One just needs to know how to use it, and to understand it."

The Sith Knight reached into his cloak and pulled out a dusty scroll. He wiped some of the dust off and passed it to Millard.

"To become a Sith and learn their dark magic, you must understand the Sith and know their history first. I'm sure you learned something from Lord Vader or Thrawn, but consider this as a refreshment. Inside that scroll has the Sith Code and an excerpt of a book written by Exar Kun, a great Sith Lord. I want you to open it, and read it, out loud."

Inside it read:

<font color=silver>"There is no peace, there is anger. There is no fear, there is power. There is no death, there is immortality. There is no weakness, there is The Dark Side. I am the Heart of Darkness. I know no fear. But rather I instill it in my enemies. I am the destroyer of worlds. I know the power of the Dark Side. I am the fire of hate. All the Universe bows before me. I pledge myself to the Darkness. For I have found true life, In the death of the Light."<font color=white> ~ The Sith Code

<font color=silver>"I am of the Everlasting, I am the Darkness, the Eternal Night that spans the distance between the stars. I cannot be overcome for there is none greater than I . The Light of the Stars may push back the Night, but in the end all things are returned to me, I of the Darkness, I am the Lord of the Night.

I am of that which you cannot fathom, for I am the Chaos that remains hidden by the Night. No power in the Universe may vanquish me, for I am that which existed before the Universe, and will remain eternal after it's demise. The Everlasting is who I am, never is the time I shall release my grasp on that which now dwells within my domain.

I am the Dark Lord of the Sith, Lord of the Night. I am the keeper of Knowledge that has remained hidden for eons, None shall comprehend that which I protect, none that is except for those I have chosen."

<font color=white>Excerpt from The Dark Path by: Exar Kun

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 17th, 2001, 11:32:18 PM
Millard recited the words, his blue eyes growing brighter as he finished the document.

Let my anger control me. Let my emotions reign supreme...no, I cannot. Although I may use the Dark Side, I cannot allow myself to become too angry. Too many people have died from letting their emotions rule...

"My master," he began, handing the parchment back to 'Naga'. Going to have to learn what his name is now "I have seen too many people allow their emotions lead to their destruction. Whether it be in the cockpit or the command. A last glorious charge in an attempt to change the pace of a battle.
"I cannot allow that to happen to me. A cunning and calculating Sith, will destroy the Jedi and the New Republic easier than one allowing his feelings to get the better of him."

Taylor saw the Sith Knight's eyes darken with rage.

He continued," Look at the Sith Order now. The petty internal struggles will only lead to its ruin. The Sith Order needs Sith dedicated to the cause first, and their own success later. My research of the Sith of the past say they did not let their emotions reign supreme rather, they allowed the Dark Side to flow through them. The Dark Side obeyed their commands, and their decisions were not rash.
"Except for, perhaps, Naga Sadow. While a cunning warrior, he allowed his emotions to destroy him. Lord Vader, a cunning warrior as well, allowed the same to happen...surely his want to bring his son to the Dark Side allowed many good Imperials to die. That...is something I would prefer to avoid. So I will not allow my anger to go unchecked. Instead I will-..."

Millard paused. He felt another trendril in the back of his mind. It seemed to slither its way towards the fear again. The admiral, instead of pushing the tendril out, latched onto it with his mind and pulled it forward.

Before him the Sith Knight lurched forward, as if the pulling caught him off guard. But only for a second. Darkserpent pulled the shadows in the dungeon around him and used them to keep him from hitting the ground.

With a hiss and a surge of anger, the Sith Knight grabbed Millard with the Force and pulled him over his head.

As Millard flew through the air he thought, Can't out fight him. Have to out think him As he passed over 'Naga's' masked head, Millard dropped a small flash grenade (hidden in his ranking cylinders) down over the mask.

With grunt of suprise, Darkserpent allowed his grip on Millard loosen. Taylor hit the cold, hard stone of the dungeon hard hearing a crack from a bone on his right side. As he staggered to his feet, Darkserpent flung Millard into the stone wall on the left. Darkserpent stood above the Sith Trainee and scowled, his orange eyes glowing brightly.

"You, my eager and reluctant apprentice," he rasped, his voice grating on Millard's ears, "Have much to learn about the power of the Dark Side..."

He grabbed the brown haired admiral by his throat and threw him again into the wall.

"Much to learn."

Millard felt his mind reach the barrier again. He focused his pain at it, and with one last gasp...pushed hard against the wall. He felt it break and felt a force push with him...

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 18th, 2001, 03:32:04 PM
Seth unsheathed his sword and pointed it at the fallen Taylor on the floor. Anger ran through his blood, boiling it and giving him a new definition of bloodlust.

"Give me one good reason why I should not kill you where you stand!" Seth jabbed forward with the sword, allowing the tip to slightly touch Taylor's throat.

Do not kill him yet Seth. He is valuable to US! To the Order! His ideals have much...Truth in them. The voice haunted his insides. You will have to come to terms with what you were.

<font size=5>"I WAS NEVER HIM! HE WAS WEAK!"<font size=2> Seth screamed.

Darkserpent slowly let go of his sword (which fell to the side) and rolled backwards off the small hill of debris that Taylor had formed. He hit the ground hard. Seth's eyes rolled up into their sockets as a seizure took place. The Sith Knight grabbed his head and began to cradle back and forth.

Inside his blood began to clash. His body worked hard to make sure none of it clotted, which would inevitably kill him. The blood rushed into his brain, followed by the dark side techniques Seth had been taught as 'Naga'. Everything went dark...

Seth's orange eyes fluttered open at least a minute later. He tried to recollect what had happened. Seth kicked off the ground and managed to stand up fully. He stared at Taylor, just a few feet away.

"It seems we both learned a lesson. I learned to deal with what I was. I know what I am now, and nothing but myself can change that."

Seth picked up his sword with the Force and sheathed it.

"You learned that if you try to attack me, I will not hesistate to kill you next time." Seth growled. "Since the transfer I have been out of control. I was hoping to take an apprentice to teach them how to gain control on the Force. I had plans to re-educate myself in the process."

"You are correct about letting emotions rule you. Lord Vader destroyed the Emperor because of the emotions he held toward his son. WE control our emotions and tap into them to call upon the Dark Side and all it's teachings. I want you to answer some of my questions. What Force moves can you use? Where did you obtain such information about Sith history?"

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 19th, 2001, 12:27:20 AM
Millard gasped, attempting to draw air into his lungs. His head hurt and the right side of his chest ached immensely. He coughed, spitting up a small amounts of blood which sank into the cracks on the dungeon floor. Millard slowly, using the wall for support rose to his feet.

Think I got a couple of ribs broken, maybe a shoulder separation.

Taylor was impressed by Darkserpent's calmness. He knows his limits. Good. The Council chose wisely when they gave me to this Sith. This will be a learning experience for the both of us it appears.

It appears, this Sith Knight is in conflict with himself. Something stopped his want to kill me. Interesting. his lips smiled slightly. Very interesting

"My Sith knowledge?" he rasped, his voice cracking slightly, "Comes from Grand Admiral Thrawn. Thrawn felt, as do I, we must study past and current civilizations to truly understand them. He studied everything from their art to their literature to their architecture.
"I admit, I study history more than art. Art and I have an understanding so to speak. However, Thrawn compiled all the history he could about the Sith. The history is not something deserving of a library, but is quite informative. Information about Freedon Nadd and Exar Kun. Nothing too in depth though. Mainly the rise and fall of the old Sith Empire. And Kun's attempts to revive it. Outside of that, nothing else invigorating to the mind. But I found what was there is quite fascinating."

The Imperial Admiral and Sith Apprentice winced as he shifted posistions, leaning his body against the cold stone wall. Going to have to get the medical droid to check me out back on the Superior I fear, I have have more than several broken ribs

"As for Force powers, I possess only limited powers thus far. My mind hits some sort of mental wall when I concentrate. Thus far, I've shown to be able to have enhanced senses in combat...a bit of precognition, and the occasional Force Push. However, my mind prohibits the usage of any other Force talents. I believe with training I can increase my Force talents. And with the right Master...like yourself, my powers will only increase more and more."

Millard paused and coughed up more blood. He then leaned against the wall and wiped his face with his uniform sleeve. He closed his eyes briefly...and let the silence reign...

He spoke again, "So tell me, master. What is it you wish of me now?"

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 19th, 2001, 01:05:15 PM
He has the knowledge to become a Sith. Now he must be molded into an elite Dark Side warrior. Seth kept silent for a few moments, observing the darkness that seemed to fill the room.

Seth was using his mind to create an illusion that filled the room with darkness. It allowed him to travel through shadow at night. His old master, Darth Phantom, the self proclaimed "Lord of Darkness" taught him the valuable technique.

After the darkness had filled the room and blocked out all light, Seth spoke. "I have seen the images inside your head. I know a lot about you."

Seth paused for a moment and closed his eyes. He collected the Dark Side energy and prepared for another illusion.

"I am also aware of....your friends." Seth moved his hand to the corner of a room. A large spindly beast stepped out, with evil eyes, hungrily staring at Taylor. It bared it's fangs and began it's descent to the Sith apprentice.

"I hope you two have fun. Did...I mention this particular beast hasn't been fed in one week. He must be quite hungry." The Sith Knight cackled. He had weaved this illusion so perfectly, it would take a Sith Knight of higher status or even a Sith Master to decipher the fact that it was an illusion. Seth had motives behind this action, and was not just doing it for pleasure. He needed Taylor to feel fear. They had to progress in training, and this was the only way.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 19th, 2001, 11:28:48 PM
Oh bloody HELL! Millard thought as 'The Tormentor' moved towards him. It's dark legs, and dark features were almost indistinguishable in the darkness. Interesting enough, Millard didn't remember the lights going down...just that darkness suddenly surrounded him.

His Master was gone, he noted. You fool! The Sith cannot be trusted. You were better off working alone with Jaranda and Tomar, than a part of a group. I thought the Sith did expeditions into the Unknown Regions. I won-

Taylor's thoughts were interreupted as the dark beast made a leap at him. Millard dodged slowly to the left, the claws missing his right shoulder barely. The admiral landed hard, pain shooting up his right side. His left hand reached for his comm link.

"Tomar, this is Millard! The Sith have trained 'Tormentors' be prepared for an assault. Tomar? TOMAR!"

Admiral Millard heard nothing. Instead, a single voice came upon the comm. It was Jaranda.

"Admiral? We're under attack! Countless number of beasts are upon us! We're doing the best we can. We ne-" a sickening sound came from Jaranda. A sound very much like a throat being torn in half. Millard heard heavy breathing on the other end of the comm. Then nothing.

Millard cursed. I've failed them! They trusted me, and now they're dead. Damn the Sith! Damn them all to Hell!

A hiss-like growl brought Taylor out of his mourning, as the animal leapt at him again. Millard escaped, but not without the beast tearing his back with its claws.

Millard staggered and then fell, his body hitting the stone floor of the dungeon hard. Behind him, 'The Tormentor' began to sniff, smelling blood. Millard's blood.

Taylor reached for his ranking cylinders again, this time bringing out a small detonator. What I really need is the thermal detonator Tomar used on those pirates earlier. But this will do...I hope. I need my Repeater Rifle, as well.

But the Imperial Repeater Rifle was nowhere to be found. Either 'Naga' took the rifle with him, or it was still in the dungeon. A dungeon quickly becoming Millard's grave, if he did not think of anything quick.

He coughed, spitting up blood mixed with bile. A sound attracted his attention. The beast began to move towards Millard again, its claws tapping on the floor like raindrops. Taylor's danger sense went off, and he rolled away from another claw, this time letting go his detonator.

BOOM!

The small explosion skittered the Admiral into one of the cells on the right side of the dungeon. In the flash of light, Millard briefly saw the repeater rifle not two feet away from him. And he saw the door for the exit. And the glowing white eyes of 'The Tormentor'. The eyes flickered, then faded as the beast hit the ground with a 'Thump'.

I didn't think the beasts could be trained, Millard thought as he slowly worked his way up to his feet. But I suppose Sith could do anything. They must have found Bonhelios before we did and captured some of 'The Tormentors' for sport and hunting Jedi. Although I surmise the Sith lost several of their own to the beats. Good riddence.

Taylor limped towards the middle of the dungeon, and the exit. As he passed the repeater rifle he silently picked it up, hoping to encounter 'Naga' as he attempted to leave the Sith Enclave. He hefted the rifle in his hands, discovering it had 10 shots left. Going to have to make them count. He moved again towards the door, noting his right side was now completely numb.

As he neared the door, a noise startled him. Where the beast should have lain dead, now rested an empty spot. Millard cursed silently. A growl caught his attention and he turned in time for watch "The Tormentor' leap towards him. Taylor fired a quick burst from the rifle, catching the animal in the left side.

'The Tormentor' slashed at Millard with a long, clawed arm, slashing his right arm cutting it deeply. Taylor limped as quickly as possible to the door of the dungeon. His destroyed right arm moved not, and Millard was forced to use his left arm to move the handle. The door was locked.

Cursing one last time, Millard turned to the dungeon, surveying it. Wish I could be in a cockpit he thought wistfully. His legs gave way and he slid to the foot of the door. He heard the beast growl again, and the white eyes shone 10 feet away from him. Millard felt his fear rising...a sense of finality, of death, as 'The Tormentor' charged. It leaped into the air, its long claws coming down on Millard, as the Imperial Admiral fired his rifle for the last time.

Millard felt the needle-like teeth in his neck and the claws piercing his chest as the beast tore into him. The world went dark and Millard thought he saw Darkserpent stand over him, an evil smile on his face, as he passed out...

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 22nd, 2001, 07:16:54 AM
OOC: Again, sorry for the delay.

IC:"Wake up Taylor." Seth let the words enter Taylor's head and echo through the corridors of his mind. The words themselves were raspy, but in a sense very clear.

Seth watched as Taylor's eyes flickered open. The Dark Jedi's eyes held a glint of gladness in them. Seth's cloak was shrouded around him, covering his armor clad chest and legs. He swept across the floor, marching back and forth almost militant. The Dark Jedi allowed one gauntlet to come out of his cloak to hold it in place.

"As you can see my Apprentice, you have no bruises. I am sure you remember your earlier episode with the beast from the Unknown Regions?" Seth cackled. "It was a perfectly weaved illusion. The best I have ever done. Even your being attacked was an illusion."

Seth stopped and pointed a dark corner in the room. The corner was plagued by shadow, but for once, Seth was not a part of the shadow.

"I used the shadows to fuel my illusion and make it more realistic. Soon you will learn to control elements and other things to serve you. Just a few hours ago, you took your first step toward darkness. First you felt fear when you confronted the creature."

The Dark Jedi paused and let go of his cloak. The cloak swung back behind his back, revealing his gleaming crystalline armor. Seth bowed down on one knee.

"Then you felt anger and hatred toward the Order believing they betrayed you. Might I add you did quite a job of controlling your emotions and using them to fight off the creature. Though you failed, you were practically weaponless." Seth noticed the look of curiousity on Taylor's face. "I assure you, your crew is still alive and quite well I. Along with your ship of course."

Seth walked up to Taylor again and helped him to his feet. He reached into his pouch and took out a bacta pack for the small cut Taylor had acquired on his arm when he fell unconscious.

"Is there anything you would like to say about your experience? Possibly how it felt? Please do so now."

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jun 24th, 2001, 10:25:09 PM
Millard slowly worked his way to his feet. He briefly ran his hands over his throbbing head, then bent down to retrieve his Imperial Officer hat from the stone, mossy floor of the dungeon. Brushing off the hat, he replaced it on his head, and pondered the armored Sith's question.

How did I feel about being betrayed? he thought. He remembered when Admiral Zakan attempted a military coup many years ago. Zakan was a fool. He attempted to take control over what he couldn't.

Funny thing was...he almost succeeded. Yet, the ability to make me feel fear, at something I've faced and barely survived...makes me wonder about this 'Naga's' credibility.

"Master Na-" Even as the Imperial Admiral attempted to speak, another voice, familiar yet not, flooded his mind, "His name," it whispered, "Is Seeetttthhh....Daaaarrrkkk-serpeennnttt."

Thrawn? Taylor suddenly thought. Could that have possibly been Millard's one-time teacher speaking from beyond the grave? The Sith Apprentice looked at his master. No...Thrawn is dead. And he did not possess Force powers. Na-Darkserpent, must have placed his voice in my mind.

He turned to Darkserpent, "If you would allow it, Master, I would like to contact my ship about their status. Having recently heard their deaths by an attack of beats is a bit...unsettling."

The Sith Master nodded his consent.

The Imperial Admiral moved his gloved hand to his jacket, removing a comlink from his command cylinders. He noticed the small thermal detonator was still there, but the flash grenade was missing.

So that part of the training was real. He must have healed me while I was unconcious.

"Millard to Superior. Superior please respond," he briskly stated.

"Admiral?" a female voice responded. It was Jaranda Piett.

"Ah, Jaranda," Millard's thoughts were put to ease, "I trust things are well aboard?"

"They're better," Piett stated, "Tomar reported to the infirmery with a case of Kolothian Flu. He's been down there for 3 hours."

Millard recognized the code. They must have been wondering about my whereabouts. I haven't been in contact with them for 3 hours. Funny, I thought the attack was only 2 minutes. I must have been out longer than I thought.

"Give him," he replied, "4 centigrams of Kora and get him some rest. Then contact me when he returns." The message roughly translated to, I'm okay...allow me to rest, and have Tomar contact me quickly

"Understood Admiral," Jaranda said, a bit of relief in her voice, "I'll have Tomar contact you when he's back. Oh, we have yet to get any information on our pirate friends. But we're tracking them down."

"Good, send me any information when you get it. And send a copy of my Imperial File to The Sith Order computers when you get the chance...Millard out."

Taylor closed the connection quickly, and turned on his heels to Darkserpent.

"You ask how I felt about my experience?" a brown eyebrow raised slightly, "It was not the first time I was betrayed by a group of people. The supposed deaths of my comarades did disturb me, because they placed their faith in my leadership abilities. To have them die, even in an illusion, still pains me.

"I continued to fight, even after their 'deaths' because I believe in what I fight in. I believe in the ideals of the Empire, and if The Sith Order is who rules the galaxy then I will fight for it. I am a military man, I am doing my job...fighting the enemies of the Empire. I am pleased to see the Sith Order is not one of those enemies."

Yet he thought, remembering the illusion. Although, I suspect it was a test of my fighting ability, and my combat senses.

Millard stared at the stone wall as Darkserpent gestured again at it. As he watched the darkness lift, Taylor saw the moss growing in the cracks of the wall. A small lizard skittered from one side of the wall to the other, disappearing in a larger crack on the wall. Darkness decended on the wall again, and Millard began to speak again.

"Your armor, Master Darkserpent, is something I have never seen before in my studies. Nor is your weapon. I notice it is a sword, however, both Thrawn and my own studies only stated the Sith used lightsabers and not a weapon such as your own. I trust there is a reason for your choosing of these armaments."

The Sith Apprentice's face smiled slightly, "And...when is the next lesson?"

Seth Darkserpent
Jun 29th, 2001, 03:35:24 PM
"Your next lesson will begin in a moment Taylor."

Seth unclipped his belt which was made of rough leather from the hide of a Bantha. He threw it forward, just in front of Taylor. The sword connected to the belt made a small clanking sound as it skittered across the stone floor.

The sword was not the only thing that the belt held. In a small compartment, a bacta needle and two miniature bacta packs had been placed. In the front of the belt, a pouch made of the same material was connected. Seth had a lot of things in the pouch, though it seemed small. Lastly, the back of his belt held small ration capsules that would keep him alive for roughly 4 days .

"You are interested in my armor and my sword. Before we proceed, I will satisfy your curiousity."

Seth's sword removed itself from it's hilt and floated off the ground. The Dark Jedi just held it in mid air, using his Force powers.

"I found this in the lower levels of my castle on Dxun. It seems to be over a thousand years in age. When I first found it, the dark side crystal within was damaged. The Sith of old relied on these 'Sith Swords' in battle. They used their own Dark Side power to harden the sword and make it as strong as a lightsaber. I used my own knowledge to repair the sword with a new Dark Side crystal. At first it was hard to harness the energy to strengthen the sword, but after a few practice sessions, it became natural."

The sword slowly floated back to the ground. Seth then shifted his eyes to the armor he wore. He held up his gauntlets allowing Taylor to examine them in the dim light.

"My armor was also found with my sword. I believe it was left there by a Dark Side follower of Freedon Nadd or even Emperor Palpatine. This armor is strong in the Dark Side, there is no doubt about that. These gauntlets are practically indestructable, along with this coat of chain mail that I wear." Seth's eyes shifted upward. "Even my crown is made of tough metals. I have had little chance to properly study my armor, though I hope to do so in the near future."

Seth's belt and sword lifted off the ground. He stepped forward and put the belt back on.

"As I said before, anger is your ally, along with fear. Greed and deceit are two other known....virtues that can aid you." The Dark Jedi's hand swayed to the side. He was pointing at three stones. Each were arranged from smallest to largest. The smallest was the size of his fist, while the largest was up to his waist in height.

"I want you to feel these emotions and tap into them. They will heighten your senses and allow you to feel out those stones." Seth smirked under his mask. "After that is done, you shall proceed to use the Dark Side and lift those stones. Imagine yourself doing it in your mind, feel them out." Seth was about to drift back into the shadows, but he stopped himself. "One more thing. Do not let your emotions take control of you. You will not complete the exercize correctly. Failure will not be tolerated."

With a grin, Seth stepped back to watch Taylor.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 12th, 2001, 09:41:28 PM
((OOC: Sorry for the delay. Real life got real busy, recently. Hopefully it won't happen again for a while))

IC: Millard studied the sword and the armor carfully.

Yes he thought, I remember seeing drawings of these back in Thrawn's file. Interesting, I did not believe they still existed.

Taylor, in all his travels, had never heard of the planet Dxun. He made a mental note of the planet, deciding to explore it at a later date.

The Sith Apprentice looked at the 2 stones and 1 boulder in front of him. His blue eyes narrowed as he focused his mind towards the smallest of the three. He let his mind open and began to concentrate.

In his mind, the Imperial Admiral saw the rock move upward towards the ceiling of the dungeon. He slowly opened his eyes and saw the stone remained on the rocky ledge before him.

Feeling his frustration rising, Millard concentrated harder. Yet the stone did not move. It shifted slowly, before falling to the damp floor of the dungeon.

Millard sighed a deep, long sigh and stared at the fallen rock. Have to change tactics. Think of something else. Darkserpent said to use my anger to fuel me.

Taylor began to focus on the rock again, this time, imagining it was something else. In his mind, Millard saw The New Republic, strong and alive. An influx of aliens each cried out in joy of the 'freedom' given to them by the Rebellion. The thoughts of the Emperor's death and the failure of the Empire to keep control began to fuel his rage. Taylor saw the rock and imagined it was the New Republic. He pushed upwards...

With a crash, the rock sailed into the ceiling of the dungeon. It did not break but instead flew towards the Sith Apprentice. Millard raised his right hand and slowly the rock stopped. Using the rage allready in him, the brown-haired apprentice used his left hand to raise the medium sized stone. It held in the air, wavering a little bit before joining the smaller one near Millard.

Now Millard felt pressure on his head. Again, he had reached a wall in his mind. In his mind, Millard pressed his hand against the wall. Pain shot through his body as the wall pushed back against him.

The stones faltered...

With more rage than ever before, the Sith Apprentice pushed against the wall again, his emotions fueling him. The loss of the Empire. The death of Thrawn. The 'Tormentors'. The Saalarian Pirates. All fueled his emotions...his hatred.

Do not let your anger destroy you a voice in his head said, as the wall crumbled beneath the onslaught of emotions. To do so, will lead to your undoing...and the failure of the Empire. Use your anger, but control it.

Millard recognized the voice, but could not place a name with it. He felt...alive. Using this new feeling of life, Millard effortlessly picked up the final boulder and flung it across the dungeon. It smashed into two pieces, as it hit the darkened corner. Taylor saw a lizard fall to the dungeon floor dead, crushed by the boulder.

He juggled the boulders before his master, allowing the Force to obey his commands. After several minutes of juggling the boulders, Millard let them rest on the stone ledge before him.

Smiling a tight smile, Millard turned back to Darkserpent.

"Is that what you wanted me to do, Master?" he asked calmly, "Are you satisfied for now?"

He awaited Seth's answer.

Seth Darkserpent
Jul 14th, 2001, 04:03:48 PM
"I felt it. I felt the anger surging through your body. It was like an aura encompassing you. I saw how you took control of that anger and used it to do your bidding."

Under his mask, Seth's mouth displayed a wicked grin. Although Millard could not see his face, Seth was near sure that the Sith Apprentice could detect Darkserpent's glee.

"I only expect the best from my apprentice and you displayed fine skills. Soon you will be able to raise such a boulder with the flick of your wrist in a wink. I am indeed satisfied with the outcome of this 'activity'."

Seth bowed his head down and began to focus. Inside of his mind, he heard the tormenting screams of the souls that haunted his insides. Vivid memories of cracked skulls and dead bodies entered his mind. Then he felt the darkness. He felt it all around the room. The dark was not evil, though it did attract evil. Seth tugged at the darkness with his mind. Although his eyes were shut, he could feel it expand, covering the ceiling, the floors and the walls.

Finally the Dark Jedi opened his eyes. The room was near pitch dark, and the small light hanging from the ceiling seemed to be the only source of light. Seth stared at it for a moment. Suddenly, the light broke from the inside. The room was fully dark.

"The Force has three main aspects. They are: Control, Sense and Alter. The rock exercize represented the alter aspect of the Force. The lesson you are going to be taught now deals with Sense."

Seth began to pace back and forth, knowing that Taylor could not see him in the darkness of the room.

"To learn Force Technique you must be familiar with the three main aspects of the Force. Only then can you proceed with learning."

The Dark Jedi used the Force to slightly rise above the ground. He kept his concentration, while speaking to Millard.

"Now I want you to close your eyes. Sense my presence with the Force. Feel the evil. There are no other large lifeforms in this room besides myself. After you have outlined my presence, I would like for you to attack me in the dark."

He grinned.

"Please do not hold back on the attack. Let the Dark Side of the Force be your second vision."

While Seth spoke, his voice seemed to come from every direction of the room. This had to be done to insure Millard could not hear the true source of the sound. Suddenly, everything went quiet. Seth waited with anticipation.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 15th, 2001, 11:03:19 AM
Looks like he's not joking, Millard thought as darkness surrounded him. Good

The Sith Apprentice stared at the dungeon before him. Although the lantern above him provided light, Seth's powers had damped the glow, giving Taylor only a few feet of visual before the light was swallowed by the inky blackness.

Millard closed his eyes, listened, and opened his mind...

He was almost astounded. He could see the room as if the darkness was not there. However, he noted, it was an odd sensation Almost like wearing NIght Vision goggles He could sense heat, and sense himself. And Seth.

The Sith Knight stood behind him, off to the left. The crystaline armor glowed in the darkness. Millard focussed on one part of the broken boulder, laying not two feet away from Darkserpent.

The Imperial Admiral used the Force to lift up the boulder, and hurled it at Seth. He then dove forward, spinning his body in mid-air, bringing the Imperial Repeater Rifle to bear on his Master.

He fired...

Seth Darkserpent
Jul 17th, 2001, 10:40:12 AM
The boulder smacked Seth hard in the shoulder. The impact caused him to hit the floor hard with a loud clank. The Knight clumsily rolled to the side to avoid the blaster bolts. He followed that with a magnificent flip, and a perfect landing. Taylor had stopped firing on him.

The darkness in the room still remained. Seth could only make out Taylor's outline nearby. The Dark Jedi began to walk away slowly. He was heading for the exit of the room, using the Force to see it clearly.

"This room is no longer of use to us. Follow me to the Courtyard."

<font size=1>Clank, clank, clank.

<font size=2>The Dark Jedi's sword began to clank against the narrow walls that made up the staircase. He slowly climbed up to the top, making sure not to trip in the darkness.

After the Courtyard activity was done with, Seth had much to teach Taylor. He would even teach him how to properly fight with his Lightsaber. Taylor would become a fine Sith Knight one day. A fine Sith Knight indeed.

"Do not dawdle. We have much to do." Seth called down the staircase, still waiting for his apprentice to reach the top.

The Dark Jedi left himself open in the Force, so Taylor could sense him out and follow him. He passed through the main hall, and took one of the side gates leading into the courtyard.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 17th, 2001, 03:26:13 PM
Taylor rose from his crouch, as Darkserpent left the room.

Interesting he thought. He tells me to attack him, then decides the room is of no use for us. Good.

Although the Imperial Admiral was used to tight spaces, the TIE Fighters he flew were not built with comfort in mind, he still preferred an open area at times. Easier to dodge blaster fire. He was reminded of a mission he performed years prior to his return.

Millard's memories were interrupted as his master called him from the top of the stairs. Turning on his heels, and holstering the Repeater Rifle, Millard ran out of the dungeon and up the stone steps pushing the heavy door open with his shoulder.

However, Darkserpent was not to be found. Taylor moved his head left and right, looking for the massive Sith Knight, but he was nowhere to be found.

Millard's face darkened, Where the hell did he go? Suddenly, as if a light went on in his head, the Sith Apprentice opened his mind, feeling the Force, and sensed out Darkserpent. His mind saw the armored man walking down the narrow corridors of the Sith Palace, then turning entering the courtyard where Millard had first encountered him.

Wants me to follow him there Millard's thoughts echoed in his head as he made his way down the corridors to where Darkserpent was. Unsure if he should walk or run, Millard kept a steady pace...reaching the Sith Knight just as Seth stopped in the courtyard.

"I am here, my Master," Millard spoke as he came to attention next to Darkserpent.

Seth Darkserpent
Jul 18th, 2001, 09:42:08 AM
Seth nodded rather solemnly. The temperature had dropped in the last few hours on Corellia. A steady wind blew past the courtyard. It pushed Seth's cloak back, giving Millard a full view of the Sith Knight's armor. The sky was grey, predicting rain later on in the evening. It was the perfect setting for Taylor's next step in training.

"Welcome back...to the Courtyard."

Seth examined the area around Taylor looking for the right object. A few seconds later, he spotted a small rock, which appeared to have a jagged edge. Seth enhanced his vision for a split second to confirm his beliefs. Quietly, the rock raised off the ground. Taylor stared at Seth strangely, waiting for him to do something.

"Can you feel a small disturbance in the Force?" Seth whispered.

At that moment, the small rock streaked across Millard with bullet-like speed. It hit the ground and skittered into a bush. After a few moments of confusion, Taylor noticed what had happened to his hand. The rock had slightly contacted with his skin, leaving a semi-deep gash. The cut ranged across the back of his hand, right across.

"Can you feel the pain? CAN YOU?!" Seth shouted. "Use the Dark Side to control the pain. Use your abilities with the Force."

Seth clenched both hands together and raised the tone of his voice a notch.

"Feed off the pain. Pain is your ally, Taylor. The Jedi block their pain like fools. Control yours and use it to power yourself. Are you angry at me for doing that? Do you feel anger? Strike me! Release your anger, powered by controlled pain!"

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 18th, 2001, 03:00:47 PM
Millard had indeed felt a 'disturbance in the Force'. An odd, prickly sensation in the back of his head. Normally, he attributed this to his combat sense. Now, he learned the truth.

I've felt this way before he mused, not paying attention to his surroundings. In the cockpit several times. On Bonhelious when the 'Tormentors' attacked me. Even on the way to this palace, I've felt this before. But...what could be...

His thoughts were interrupted as something sped by him at lightning speed. Taylor felt an odd sensation on his left hand, then pain. He looked, seeing the small gash on the back of the hand. Blood started to pour down on to his fingers, seeping through the gloves he wore.

In his mind, he saw a memory. Of Grand Admiral Thrawn standing before him on the bridge of the Superior.

"Be an observer," Thrawn spoke, "Notice what it around you. In combat and command, paying attention to what is happening can change the outcome of any battle. The slightest error, the smallest oversight can destroy an entire fleet."

The Imperial Admiral now understood Thrawn's words. With blood running down his arm staining his uniform, Millard felt pain. And something else...Rage. White, hot, deadly rage.

His blue eyes narrowed, flashing in the darkening sky. A roll of thunder signified the coming storm. Millard looked around the chamber, hoping to find something to throw at his Master. His anger calmed briefly, but still burned hot.

He smiled a small, tight smile his teeth shining white.

So...you want me to strike you. Very well.

Millard threw his hands forward, feeling something leave his body and flie towards Darkserpent. He watched, as the knight flew backwards onto the stone flooring of the courtyard.

The Sith Apprentice leaped in the air, his mind noting he covered the 15 foot distance in a manner of seconds. He brought his fist down hard on Darkserpent's face, feeling more pain as he connected with the mask.

His left hand, still bleeding, connected with a punch to Darkserpent's right shoulder. Although Millard did not hear a crack, he felt a hint of pleasure at his task. The Sith Apprentice then leaped back, and waited for Darkserpent's retaliation, keeping his mind open and his senses ready.

Seth Darkserpent
Jul 18th, 2001, 05:42:41 PM
"You are progressing faster then expected." Seth grinned while trying to pick himself up from the floor. "This is good...very good."

The Dark Jedi felt the pain in his shoulders. He had experienced worse in his pratice spars. Seth reached under his mask and shuffled around for a second. The tip of his pointy gauntlet was covered in blood. Taylor's blow was powerful enough to make Seth bleed.

"I am...impressed."

Seth began to walk around, silently thinking to himself. Taylor was now accustomed with Sense, Control, and Alter. Soon they would finish the rest of his basic training. Then Seth would determine if he was ready to learn advanced moves and techniques.

"I can see that your wound brings you much pain. It would be wise to visit a medical droid before it becomes infectious. Today's training is done. You are free to tend to your wounds and get some rest."

Seth bent down to the floor, only to feel a sharp pain in his spinal cord. He remembered how Taylor had used a strong Force Push to knock Seth backward.

"Perhaps you can use this time to build yourself a lightsaber. When you are ready to begin training again, step out into the Courtyard and call my name through the Force. If done correctly, I shall hear you and arrive. Training will not proceed until you learn how to speak with me through the Force."

Satisfied with what he said, the Dark Jedi spun on his heel. He began to walk back to the castle.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 18th, 2001, 09:44:21 PM
Millard watched his Master walk back into the Sith Castle. He smiled, then brought his right hand up in a salute. Taylor thought he saw Darksperpent pause his walk, but then realized how much pain his right hand contained.

He gazed at his hand, seeing the extent of the damage. Definately broken, he thought. Atleast two broken fingers and probably more than a few knuckles. Man that mask is hard.

The Imperial Admiral began a slow walk through the corridors of the Sith Castle, his mind wandering. He could leave now, he mused. Begin his fight anew with the New Republic. However, it would not be good to leave The Sith Order. My loyalty is to them. And... he thought, almost as an afterthought The Empire. No, I stay. My first day of training may have been grueling and harsh, but what would me leaving prove?

Nothing at all. I stay. Thrawn said to remain loyal to a cause, unless the cause was unjust. And I have yet to see anything to make me believe TSO is 'unjust'.

Taylor paused, staring at his surroundings. Before him stood a statue of Exar Kun, the dead Sith Lord, in next to a plaque with the Sith Code on it. The Sith Apprentice read it...pondering over the words again. He still disagreed with letting his anger control him, knowing it could lead to his destruction.

Even when I attacked Darserpent...Even when my mind was with me, I acted in rage. Although I tempered my anger...still. He looked at his broken hand. He would not let his anger get the best of him. It was still best, he mused, to let his mind rule over his emotions. But, if I can allow my mind to control my emotions...I can master the Force. Excellent.

"Sir?" a mechanicized voice came from behind him.

Millard turned, staring at the stormtrooper in front of him. He looked for a rank. "Yes Captain?"

"What are you doing in this section of the palace," The stormtrooper said coldly, "Imperials are not allowed here." Pride was in his voice.

"Then," Millard replied, with equal coldness, "What are you doing here? If I am not allowed why are you?"

The Admiral could literally see the stormtrooper smirk behind his mask. "Because," the Captain said, "I have been given special permission by Lord Viscera to patrol these halls."

Taylor felt rage fill his mind, and quickly stifled it. "Oh he did, did he," his voice showing ire, "Well then, as an Imperial Admiral, I outrank you don't I?"

He continued, not allowing the stormtrooper to protest, "Thus, I order you to leave me now. A loyal stormtrooper should know when to show respect to a superior. Espcially one who outranks him."

Millard decided to play an ace. He opened his mind to the Force attempting to discover the stormtrooper's name. He found it.

"Captain Evers," he stated bruskly, "If you continue to show disrespect, I will report you to your superiors. And I am certaint hey will not be as forgiving as I am being now."

He saw Evers stop, obviously taken aback. He could almost see the stormtrooper's thoughts. Wondering how this admiral he had never seen before knew his name. Wondering, 'Could this admiral have Force abilities?'

"I assure you, Captain Evers. There are many stormtroopers who would love to take your place. Now, where is the Medical Facilities?" He smiled coldly.

Evers led him quickly to the Medical Lab, then left to avoid further trouble with the Imperial Admiral.

-----7 hours later------

The now healed Taylor Millard sat in the med lab, thinking about the last thing Seth said to him, before leaving. Building a lightsaber. Never thought about that. Although, if I am to progress in my training...I do need a weapon more akin to the Sith.

He rose from his medical bed, and exitted the Medical Facilities. As the Sith Apprentice walked down the halls of the Sith Castle, he knew who he wanted to teach him the beginning points of lightsaber technique. He walked to the nearest Protocol Droid.

"Excuse me, droid," He stated flatly. "Where can I find Lady Live Wire's corridors?"

Continued in <a href=http://pub23.ezboard.com/fthesithordertraininggrounds.showMessage?topicID=2 17.topic>Building a Lightsaber: More training for Taylor Millard</a> ...

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 19th, 2001, 07:06:54 PM
-------------3 days later-------------

Admiral Taylor Millard walked into the outer courtyard of the Sith Order's Castle. The weather had remained cool in the days he had last seen Seth Darkserpent, his Master. The sky was still dark with rain, and a brisk wind whipped around his civilian clothed body.

Millard hated being out of uniform, but figured he might as well get used to it. Seth said I was no longer an Imperial, when I first joined TSO. I suppose I should start acting more like a Sith trainee then an Imperial Admiral. For now.

Taylor's new lightsaber clunked against the pants of his black jumpsuit, reminding him it was the only weapon he had with him. It feels odd to me. I'd prefer to have a blaster or my repeater rifle with me. But again...I must act more Sith-like while I am here.

Unhooking the lightsaber from it's belt, Millard took it in his hand, running his fingers over the smooth black metal. To the Sith Apprentice, it fit his hands well. Much like his repeater rifle. Weighing precisely 5 pounds, the lightsaber worked well for him during his sparring with Live Wire.

Too bad its handler was a novice. Milalrd thought, remembering the destruction his uniform went through.

But the past was the past. Standing in the courtyard, Millard opened his mind fully to the Force. He felt everything around him, and the residents inside the Palace. He searched for a particular individual and found him meditating in his quarters.

"Master Darkserpent," Millard spoke through the Force, "I have built a lightsaber, and wait for your presence in the courtyard."

Seth Darkserpent
Jul 21st, 2001, 06:53:50 AM
"Bravo." Seth's words echoed as he paced down the stairwell connected to the East wing of the castle. "You have learned the technique of telekinetic communication, and...built a lightsaber."

The Dark Jedi entered the courtyard and cracked his knuckles under those shimmering gauntlets. He inhaled the fresh air deeply, having missed it for at least 2 days. The Dark Jedi made a mental note to get out more after Taylor had completed his training. Taylor would complete his training. Seth would make sure of that.

"What color is your lightsaber Taylor? Blue like the ocean? Green like an emerald? Orange like a sunset?"

Seth pulled out his sword and ran his gauntlet along the edge. It had been too long since he had last used this in a fight. The Dark Jedi unlocked and opened the small department. The dark side crystal was still in perfect condition. This was a relief to Seth. Those crystals were extremely hard to find these days.

"Or perhaps it is...red like your blood!" Seth cackled.

Almost like a switch, the Dark Jedi felt the connection to his sword. He saw the purple energy make it as hard as a lightsaber, and unpenetrable.

"I suggest you draw your weapon Taylor Millard. Remember in a Sith spar, there is no holding back. The spar will stop when I think you are worthy enough to proceed. Killing is also an option." He grinned evilly.

Seth began to twirl his long sword in a juggling fashion. He pointed it at Taylor and ran at the Sith Apprentice with phenomonal speed. The Dark Jedi jumped high into the air and screamed as he sliced downward at Taylor. The Apprentice would have to be quick and ignite his lightsaber in time to parry the move. Seth truly hoped Taylor could do that.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 21st, 2001, 03:50:08 PM
Instead of fumbling for his lightsaber, as he had with Live Wire, Millard ignited it quickly and brought it up to parry Seth's sword. The blue and red of Taylor's blade mixed with Seth's as they connected.

The Sith Apprentice lowered his blade and leaped back a few feet. Swinging his blade to the left, he felt another *CLANG* as the swords collided.

In his mind, he grinned. The thrill of combat. How beautiful it was. Millard felt the exhilerating tone of battle as the Master and Apprentice fought. This...is what life truly is made for.

He brought his sword up again, pressing the attack. With Live Wire he'd been defensive, trying to not hurt the Sith Woman. He'd paid a heavy price, the loss of one of his uniforms and 2 hours in the medlab. Millard knew it was petty...but he liked the uniform.

A sharp stab of pain brought Taylor out of his reverie as Seth's blade grazed the side of his left shoulder. Can't let that happen again.

He ducked another swing, then brought his own multi-colored blade up grazing the armor of the Sith before him, sending sparks up.

Millard jumped above Darkserpent, attempting to flip as he did. Somehow, he was able to do the flip and then charged Darkserpent again, his blade high.

Seth Darkserpent
Jul 21st, 2001, 06:31:39 PM
Seth did not have time to examine his armor. Taylor ran at him, with a lust for battle in his eyes. The Dark Jedi allowed his apprentice to strike out at him, but Seth was quick to block the attack. He used the Force to push Taylor back a few feet.

"Use your aggressive feelings Taylor. Do not succomb to weakness!"

The Dark Jedi ran forward and plunged his sword downward with a great amount of control. Taylor rolled out of the way, and caused Seth to stumble forward. He righted himself, before Taylor could fully retaliate.

"Do nor hold back on attacking me! If you see the oppurtunity, grasp it! Take advantage of it!" Seth hissed in a stern voice.

The Dark Jedi plunged his sword into the ground and cut out two cobblestones. He raised them off the ground with the Force and sent them at Taylor. The Dark Jedi expected his apprentice to use his lightsaber and slice through the rocks. Seth knew Taylor had an excellent sense of accuracy, being in the cockpit of a TIE fighter many times before.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 22nd, 2001, 10:34:28 AM
In his mind, Taylor was no longer on Corellia fighting Seth. In stead, he was in his fighter battling the New Republic. He saw the two cobblestones as New Republic fighters and acted accordingly to them. Ducking to the left, he brought his lightsaber up and sliced one of the cobblestones in half. The other, he grabbed with the Force...and turned it on his master.

The cobblestone flew at Seth, who batted it away with his gauntlet. He charged again and the two locked blades, each pushing at the other. Millard smelled the oil on Darkserpent's armor, the sweat behind Seth's brow, and saw the darkness in his Master's orange eyes. The blades began sparking even more as each enhanced the strength using the Force.

The Sith Apprentice began to open his mind more, and grabbed one piece of cobblestone. He raised it up and hurled it at Darkserpent. But a small rock, perhaps the one which injured Millard days prior, intercepted the cobblestone and destroyed it.

Ah ah ah a voice in Taylor's head said, taunting him. Think. Find his weakness and exploit it. Forget your doubts. Use your anger and FIGHT!

The Admiral felt his mind clear and him smiled at Seth, relishing in the combat. He brought his right leg up, kicking Darkserpent's knee buckling it slightly. Millard pressed onward, bringing his lightsaber down in successive blows to the sword of his master. His foot went up to the chest of Darkserpent and he knocked Seth down on the hard stone of the Courtyard.

An evil gleam in his blue eyes, Millard leaped in the air, turning his blade downwards, and started a descent down onto the fallen Sith Knight.

Seth Darkserpent
Jul 23rd, 2001, 06:01:55 PM
Seth waited a few moments for Taylor to fall back down. Just when the Lightsaber was ready to pierce Seth's armor, the Dark Jedi acted. As if in slow motion, he rolled to the side and flipped upward. The Dark Jedi's knee quickly shot out and struck the tumbling Millard, knocking him aside.

"You are quick, but not...quick enough!"

Seth flung his sword at Taylor and watched as the magnificent blade sliced through the air. It twirled until it reached the Sith Apprentice who was wise enough to block an oncoming hit with his Lightsaber. Seth's sword was knocked back and hit the floor with a loud clank. The Dark Jedi stared at it and blinked twice.

Suddenly the sword rose again and began to attack Taylor. The sword was being controlled by Seth's unique symbiotic attachment to his weapon. Focusing on the dark side crystal within, Seth attacked with his mind. A jab to the left, blocked by Millard. A slash to the head, avoided by Millard. Seth was only playing around at first but then he began to pick things up.

Sweat began to form on Taylor's face as he channeled more Force energy to block Darkserpent's moves. Seth had a smile under his mask, a wicked one.

"Use your aggressive feelings and block!"

Channeling his true powers, the sword went wild and feinted to the right, but then switched sides and slashed at Taylor's right hip. The cut was very thin, but neat. Blood began to trickle from it. Seth didn't stop his attack at that. The sword flew backward and into his gauntlet. The Dark Jedi ran forward and jumped into the air. His cloak seemed to expand in all directions as darkness took over Millard's mind.

Seth hit the floor, but immediately stood up. He had temporarily blinded Taylor, clouding his vision with a Force Technique he recently learned. The Dark Jedi lunged at Taylor with his sword, hoping his apprentice could feel him out with the Force and block.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 31st, 2001, 11:36:02 AM
Sithspawn! Millard cursed under his breath, noticing the irony as he spoke. He had been blind before, one of his last missions before Thrawn promoted him to admiral. He'd been fighting rogue elements of the Empire on the outskirts of the Unknown Regions. His TIE Fighter had been damaged heavily with a piece of a control panel hitting Millard in the side of the head. His helmet slipped off during his ejection, and the explosion fried his corneas, blinding him. For 6 weeks he had been blind, waiting for the medical droids to fix his eyes.

Six weeks of hell he remembered. But I learned much...mainly, using my other senses to fight!

His ears heard a *THUD!* as Seth landed to the right of him. A hiss of air brought Taylor's lightsaber up, and the sound of the blades connecting allowing the Sith Apprentice more time to think.

This blindness must be Force iniated...if the Force caused this...then the Force can removie it!

Flipping backwards, Millard felt pain in his leg as he landed on the cobblestoned floor of the Courtyard. Throwing his hand out...he heard another thud as something (or someone hit the ground from his Force Push).

He opened his mind...scanning to see what was blocking his vision. He found it...Seth had put a 'mirror' of darkness in his eyes, causing him to only see blackness. The Imperial Admiral began clearing his vision, feeling relief as his eyes began to see.

Seth was no longer visible, having disappeared in shadows. Millard began walking along the edge of the Courtyard, using his Force-enhanced senses to locate his Master.

The skies had grown darker and it had started to rain. Taylor smelled the rain as it fell around him, beginning to soak his black jumpsuit.

He found Seth...lying in wait in the shadows 2 pillars in front of him. Taylor reached out with the Force, feeling the shadows around Seth. He walked past the pillar, then spun around bringing his lightsaber up and cut the pillar in half, watching the stone crumble. A figure in the corner of his eye, caused Millard to bring the saber up again as Darkserpent attacked him.

He heard Darkserpent's laughter as the two began battle. A slash across the chest, blocked by Darkserpent. A overhead swing, blocked by Millard. The two fought to the middle of the courtyard and Taylor decided to get complicated.

Using the Force he brought part of the crumbled stone of the pillar towards Seth, increasing the speed of the 4 stones. The apprentice leaped in the air, landing 20 feet away from his master. Again with the Force, he grabbed the swirling cape of Darkserpent and brought it up and around Seth's face blinding him with the cape.

Twirling his lightsaber, he then threw it at Darkserpent waiting to see how his Master would react to it.

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 1st, 2001, 12:11:22 PM
Seth reached out with the Force, using it as a sixth sense and felt Taylor's lightsaber heading in his direction. Using the Dark Side to guide his actions, Seth jabbed forward and followed it with an upward swipe. Seth quickly directed the sword to the black cloak that Taylor had cleverly used to cover his face. He cleanly severed it in half.

The Dark Jedi opened his eyes, quickly taking note of the events that had just unfolded. His upward swipe had knocked the saber back, and now it lay deactivated on the floor. Seth grinned under his mask.

"Very clever of you Taylor."

Not speaking another word, he jumped to the side and cleanly sliced a tree at it's foundation. Seth dropped his sword to the side and used both hands to pick up the small tree with the Force. Pushing forward with his hands, he released a powerful Force push that sent the small tree at his weaponless disciple.

Seth used the time he had bought himself to catch his breath and wear off a little of the fatigue he had acquired by participating in this spar. He would need a few spare seconds to accumulate more Dark Side energy.

He was already beginning to soak in the rain that fell. Seth picked up his sword and held it firmly. It was not encompassed by the familiar purple hue, but it still counted as a weapon. He spared a glance to look at Millard's saber on the ground, about 8 feet away. The disciple had done a good job of constructing it properly. Seth used to own one himself...as Naga.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 1st, 2001, 03:52:48 PM
Taylor could not help but watch in awe as Seth avoided the trap he had set. Millard allowed a smile to cross his face. He is quite powerful and cunning...good. Uh-oh.

His praising thoughts were interrupted as the Sith Apprentice ducked into a crouch, attempting to avoid the tree heading fast in his direction. He felt the tree branches scrape his back, ripping the fabric of his shirt, and lacerating his back in several fine cuts. Sweat rolled down his face, collecting in the goatee he was beginning to grow. Taylor's blue eyes had lost some of the evil gleam and he was breathing a bit more heavily than before.

The rain began to fall heavier, turning into a torrental downpour, limiting visibility and giving more of an eerie mood to the battle between Master and Student.

Brushing water out of his eyes, the Imperial Admiral saw the Sith Knight through the rain. Seth was holding his sword, the armor moving with the heavy breathing. Millard followed Darkserpent's gaze and saw was he was staring at. His lightsaber.

Moving quickly, Millard hurled 4 stones at the armored Dark Jedi, hoping they would distract him enough for Taylor to grasp his lightsaber. Taylor through himself across the cobblestoned floor reaching out to grasp his saber. Just as his hands were reaching the hilt, the saber flew up out of his grasp and towards Seth. Taylor reached out his hand, catching the saber in a Force grip.

It hung there, like the training remote Taylor had used back in his quarters. In a bizzare tug-of-war, he and Darkserpent fought for contol of the saber.

Can't let him win! Taylor thought, feeling the lightsaber slipping from his Force grip. With a last gasp of effort, he pulled hard with the Force.

*SMACK!*

A stone hit Millard in the head, knocking him down. He watched as Seth brought the lightsaber to his hand and gripped it. He watched in horror as Seth ran his hands over the smooth black metal. Darkserpent pressed down on the activation button...

Nothing happened.

Taylor, suprised at his own voice, laughed, "You cannot activate my saber Master Darkserpent. No one can, except those who I allow to. The fingerprint ID will no recognize you. I fear...it is useless to you."

Using the Force, Millard attempted to pull his lightsaber back to his body, but Darkserpent's grip was too strong.

Taylor focused on another task, deciding if he didn't have his lightsaber he was still far from weaponless.

The Force is my ally. And it will be my weapon.

He concentrated, opening his mind to the exterior world. Lightning flashed and thunder roared. And Taylor Millard, using the Force...formed a cloak of darkness around him. He saw the exterior courtyard darken even more, as the lights dimmed.

He reached for Darkserpent's sword and was able to bring it towards his body. He gripped it, feeling the cold steel of the hilt and blade. Moving to his right, he disappeared in the shadows.

Then...as a bolt of lightning arched across again, he attacked Darkserpent using the sword against its master.

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 2nd, 2001, 10:55:01 AM
"Smart, but not unavoidable." Seth quickly thought to himself.

He watched as Taylor advanced to attack him. Seth also advanced, tossing Taylor's lightsaber aside. The Dark Jedi jumped, just as Taylor struck forward with his sword. Seth grabbed hold of it with his gauntlet, made of quantum crystalline armor and pushed Taylor back with the Force. This caused the Dark Jedi to fall back himself, and nearly stab himself with his own sword.

"That was very clever, but you must always remember one thing." Seth hissed, trying to stand up straight.

He examined his sword which was a little dented from the gauntlet collision. He held it tightly, if Taylor decided to grab it with the Force again.

"A Sith's weapon is unique and their own. Your lightsaber can only be activated by you. My sword can only be activated by someone who has had much experience with the Dark Side. You were able to use my sword, but not activate it's true dark side power. This enabled me to block your attack with my sturdy gauntlets."

Seth peered over at Millard's lightsaber. The device rose off the ground and soared across the courtyard to Taylor.

"Activate your weapon and attack me! We are NOT finished yet." Seth grinned under his visage.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 2nd, 2001, 07:06:56 PM
Millard breathed heavily, his blue eyes beginning to glow anew. He grinned, tasting blood in his mouth from his fall. He caught his lightsaber as Seth threw it his way. Running his hands across the smooth metal, he activated it, watching the red and blue glow waft across the courtyard.

Taylor stood 25 feet away from his master, the space between them littered with stone and debris from their battle. Rain continued its downpoar, although the apprentice believed it was lessening in strength. Lightning flashed across the sky, accompainied by a roll of thunder as Millard began his charge towards Darkserpent.

The Imperial Admiral leaped in the air, bringing his feet down on the chest of the armored Dark Jedi. That turned into a mistake, as Darkserpent grabbed Millard's shirt and slammed him, back first, into the hard stone floor.

Pain resonated through Taylor's body as he swung his lightsaber up, blocking Darkserpent's blade.

You were foolish to leave your feet, his mind chided him. The man is big and fast...use that against him...THINK!

Millard attempted a roundhouse kick on Seth, but the Sith Knight avoided it by jumping above the outstretched foot. Using his momentum to his advantage, Taylor spun his body, catching Darkserpent with another kick as he landed. Seth flew back several feet, then attacked with a vengeance.

Rolling, Taylor avoided the crashing blade and leaped to his feet. He lowered his blade, hoping to bring the large Jedi's feet out from under him, but Seth blocked the blow and planted a hard left to Taylor's face.

Taylor hit the ground, avoiding another of Seth's sword swings. He got to his feet and attacked again, this time with success. His blue and red blade struck Seth's purple one, sending sparks around the Courtyard.

Millard increased the pressure of his attacks. Although his vision was beginning to blur, he knew he had to press on. Now is not a stopping point. he mind said, You'll know the stopping point when you can't get up. That's when you retreat.

He swung his sword above his head, bringing down on the other's sword causing more sparks. The blades twirled around, scraping each other in a sparkler of color. Millard brought the tip of his blade lower on Seth's throwing it up, then brought his own across Seth's chest sending a shower of sparks across the courtyard.

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 4th, 2001, 06:34:50 AM
"My armor..." Seth growled.

His free right hand tightened into a fist. He punched Taylor hard in the nose, sending his apprentice back. Seth twirled his sword in a 360 degree motion and ran at Taylor. He jabbed downward, but the attack was parried, causing Seth to stumble forward, and almost trip over Taylor.

Seth regained his composure just in time to block another attack by his apprentice. Seth swung his sword downward, but Taylor was quick to jump back. The sword nipped his side, barely.

The Dark Jedi was pleased with how this spar was going. Taylor had very good combat skills. "Something he aquired from Thrawn, no doubt."

In this spar, there wasn't any time to think. Seth kept on lashing out at Taylor, each devastating blow, more powerful then the last. Taylor was taken aback by these attacks, probably wondering where Seth got all that power.

"Remember a Sith never retreats. Failure will result in immediate discipline. You must be angry at your opponent, angry enough to kill them. Even if your opponent were your own brother or close relative."

Seth rose his hand upward and with it Taylor flew up. He then brought it down and watched his apprentice come crashing to the ground, landing in a pile of debris.

"This spar is over." Seth hissed. "I am satisfied and pleased with your skills. Are you in shape to continue?"

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 4th, 2001, 10:41:21 AM
Ooowwww..... Taylor's mind moaned as he lay on the stone floor, staring up at his master, Seth Darkserpent. Pain filled his body, from his feet to his head. He wanted to rest...he felt like he had to rest. But Millard still got up.

Interesting ability he used the Sith Apprentice thought, staggering to his feet, Not only did he use my own momentum against me, but he enhanced it with the Force. I must learn this.

He shuffled towards Seth, keeping his lightsaber out (in case Seth decided he wanted to spar again). A low buzzing headache filled his mind, and he attempted to clear it. His right eye felt almost swollen and he walked with a limp.

A grin came on Taylor's face as he replied with confidence, "Yes, Master Darkserpent. I am in shape to continue."

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 7th, 2001, 03:18:30 PM
OOC: I found time to post ^__^

IC:"I can feel the weakness and fatigue try to poison your body, Taylor. Do not let it!" Seth growled at his apprentice.

He thought back to his own training as Naga. As a Sith he had been taught various things. One of those things was self preservence and endurance. Taylor would need to learn how to tap into his power and increase his endurance level. Sith and Dark Jedi were driven by anger and hatred. It allowed them to do quite remarkable things.

Seth began to walk away from Taylor, stopping in front of a large rock. The Dark Jedi hopped atop it and knelt down. He bowed his head for a moment, and then looked up at Millard. Once again his eyes blazed orange, with fiery and passion for the Dark Side. He felt all the power surrounding him, but Seth was only able to grasp and comprehend a small amount. Soon, he would learn to tap into his true dark power. Then he would instruct Taylor in doing so too.

"A Sith often uses the Dark Side in battle to call upon more energy and use that to fuel him or herself. This is commonly referred to as absorb energy. You must reach out with your senses and feel it around you. Then you must act as a sponge and absorb everything. Feel it enter your veins. Feel the power it presents you with."

Seth reached out with his hand and closed his eyes. He stood there lifeless for about 20 seconds. Then the Dark Jedi turned around and swung his hand at a dead tree, twenty meters away. The hand harmlessly sliced through the air, but the tree snapped in half and skidded across the grass floor.

"Absorb energy is also used to help you endure longer in a battle. Now you can try it. Believe me that your next few tasks will be very difficult to complete if you do not have the energy to do so."

Seth grinned.

"Very difficult indeed."

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 9th, 2001, 02:29:51 PM
Taylor's body ached as he staggered towards the stone his master was perched on. A part of his body cried out, "REST! Sleep! Revive yourself then continue your training."

Certainly that thinking has merit he thought, But what would it accomplish? My senses remain stable, and I only have a black eye and perhaps a twisted ankle.

"Press on!," a voice in his mind said. "Use the Force. Allow it to emcompass you. It may even be able to heal you. Draw on it for strength!"

The Sith Apprentice, leaning on the stone for support, opened his mind. He saw the energy circling around him in blue collective organism. The organisms occasionally collided together, causing bright flashes of lightening. Millard reached out with his hand.

Suddenly, like a torrent of wind, energy flooded into his body. It surrounded him...he felt the bones in his ankle mend, the torn ligaments reparing themselves. He felt the swelling in his eye go down, and the pain relenquist its control on his body. Taylor stood strong, and smiled an evil smile, his eyes glowing.

"If the tasks are difficult," he said, eyes flashing, "Then I am ready to confront them. Let us continue with my training. Please."

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 11th, 2001, 06:52:13 AM
"You may think you are healed..." Seth stood up on the rock. "...but I assure you that will not last for long.

He jumped over Millard, entirely, executing a perfect back-flip. This caused the Disciple to turn around and face Seth. For a second, Seth stared into Millard's eyes. He just stood there, trying to determine what the man's strength's were. He had determined certain weaknesses earlier.

Then Seth's mind pushed forward violently. An invisible fist struck Taylor in the stomach, causing him to stumble back. Seth's armored hand rose from his side until it stuck out straight. He began to cup it, keeping his eyes on Taylor's throat. Evidently, his attack was working. Taylor bent down on one knee. He was not able to breath as Seth held him in a mighty Force choke. The Apprentice began to claw at his neck. Just when it looked as if he was going to die, Seth released his choke hold.

"Do you know what that technique is called? It was one of Darth Vader's personal favorites when he destroyed insolent Imperial officers and admirals." Seth allowed a slight grin to form under his mask. "It is known as the Force Choke. It allows the oppressor to actually feel the victim's neck with the Force and squeeze at it. Then as if an invisible hand were choking the person, they would begin to suffocate."

Seth tightened his loose gauntlet, while talking to Taylor.

"Before we do anything further, I have found your strength in the Force. When you absorbed the energy around you, you almost made a full recovery. Absorb energy is quite a difficult move to do. You obviously had no trouble in doing so." Seth mockingly clapped. "Do not let that get to your head." He finished.

"Now, I want you to try a Force Choke, on..." Seth relieved a remote control from his belt and spun his body 180 degrees. He pressed a few buttons at the top and turned around to face Millard. A cage opened, on the castle wall. A Noghri warrior, a very big one at that, stepped out. "....him." Seth finished, cackling.

The Noghri darted across the Courtyard, heading straight for Seth. Easily, the Dark Jedi entered and took control of it's mind, directing it at Taylor. The Noghri ran at Taylor with an insane bloodlust in its eyes.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 11th, 2001, 04:27:09 PM
Millard felt his breath grow ragged as the Noghri charged him.

Wonderful, he thought, I've never seen them in action before, but I remember when Thrawn made contact with them. He did well, deceiving these aliens and bringing them to our side. Too bad, one ended up betraying him in the end.

But in his reflection, Taylor had let the Noghri assassin get too close to him. He leapt over the charging alien, using his feet to springboard off of its back causing it to stumble towards the rock Taylor had stood in front of. But the alien, showing its cat-like reflexes, avoided the rock choosing to leap upon it. In one single motion, the alien assassin leaped off of the boulder and back onto the ground, reknewing the charge at the Sith Apprentice.

Millard ducked a blow to the head, then planted a stiff punch to the Noghri's face. The alien shrieked and staggered back, giving the Imperial Admiral time to think.

Use your anger at Thrawn's death, his mind said, Focus in on the cause of it. Destroy the creature!

He felt the Force around him, and focussed on the alien in front of him. He stared at the cat-like featurs, the long eyes and blue skin. Taylor brought his right hand up, cupping it as Seth did, and began to close it. The large, blue hand of the Noghri began clawing at it's throat as the creature began mewing.

Taylor took a step back, remembering hearing stories of how Darth Vader crunched the throats of those who displeased him. Jaranda had told him the story of how her father, an Imperial Admiral, had been promoted after watching the death of a collegue. Millard remembered the stories about Admiral Harkov's demise. How Vader lifted the traitor up in the air, crushing his throat and ending his life.

In a last gasp of effort, the Noghri threw itself forward attempting to grab on to Millard torn jumpsuit. Its eyes gleamed with hatred, only to be matched by the hatred Millard poured forth back.

"You killed my mentor, one of the only people I've ever trusted," Taylor spoke, blue eyes flashing violently, "He was...my friend. He was an alien just like you. But he was more human than you will ever be.

"Now," he stated, walking around the flailing body, "You will die as he did. Only, I will not give the honor of dying in combat. No...you will just simply die!"

He increased the pressure on the alien, and it fell to the ground. Taylor felt nothing coming from the Noghri. It was dead.

The Sith Apprentice did feel weaker though. Although his body was healed, his mentality was not. He drew in a breath of air, allowing it to fill his lungs. He focused on the Force again, drawing on it, feeding him.

He turned back towards Seth, who was still standing there watching him.

"You wanted to see how I would react to the killer of Thrawn. Have I satisfied you?"

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 11th, 2001, 06:41:55 PM
"Indeed." Seth cackled, allowing a hand to grasp his stomach as he did so. His high toned cackle echoed throughout the courtyard, and filling the castle windows above. He was most pleased with Taylor's hatred for such a vile creature. Seth could feel it coursing through the man's veins and bloodstream.

"Your training has progressed quite nicely. Even I am amazed by your anger and what you've been able to do with it. As we progress, you'll find that training will become a lot more difficult. Do not let your anger fully consume you, or else you'll be joining that Noghri, and Grand Admiral Thrawn."

Seth turned around and walked back into the castle. He left Taylor just standing there for at least about two minutes. The Disciple didn't know whether to wait or leave, although he waited anyway. Finally the Dark Jedi hobbled back, dragging a human slave. The human was shouting profanities in a strange language, tears streaming down his dirty face. Seth picked the human up and threw him a good 6 feet. The human fell to the floor before Taylor.

"That, is Ran." Seth said, pointing at the man, with a metal talon.

Ran got up from the floor and crawled over to Taylor. He began to tug at the man's pant legs, obviously begging in a foreign language. The man used his other fist to pound the floor, and amplified his speech as if to demand something. Seth watched as Taylor stared down at him with cold eyes.

"Now I know you're probably angry enough to kill poor Ran, but we need him to stay alive." Seth said in a calm voice. "You see, Sith can be most persuasive and are able to delve into the minds of the weak. Sometimes they can suggest thoughts, other times they can project pictures."

Seth paused for a moment.

"I want you...to use the Dark Side and work your way into Ran's mind. Take total control of his pitiful mind and have him do exactly what you do. Put on a puppet show! Make a fool of Ran! Degrade that lowlife slave!" Seth shouted at Taylor. The thought itself was amusing enough. He would enjoy watching this. "Use your aggressive feelings and grasp onto his mind!"

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 12th, 2001, 10:19:38 AM
OOC: Showing off new sig as well.

IC: Millard took a deep breath as his eyes bored into the human, Ran. This was definately a place the Sith Apprentice did not expect. His anger, while hot, began cooling at the sight of the beaten slave. He knelt down, coming eye to eye with Ran. Ran's eyes showed pleading, and his speech continued to increase in volume and speed.

If I can use the Force to heal and stengthen myself. Can I not use it to understand what this bastard wants.

The Disciple of Darkserpent opened his mind to the Force, focussing on the words being spouted out by the slave.

"...family...killed. Free me! Planet taken over...Injustice done! Vengeance! Jedi! Help!," the man shouted.

Millard looked at the screaming slave, "Be quiet!"

Ran stopped speaking...paused...and started screaming again.

With his mind, the Imperial Admiral began delving into the depths of Ran's mind. He found happy memories of a wife and son. Of a planet, called Kalroth, near the Outer Rim. He found what devestated the planet...the Imperials. The Rebellion had made Kalroth a stronghold (it was once their headquarters). But, Imperial Intelligence learned of the location and the Emperor ordered the destruction of the planet. Ran had watched his family die before him, as casualties of war. But Millard also found something else. Ran, had been a member of the Rebellion. The brown haired apprentice smiled, and looked upon the traitor. He'd found Ran's weakness.

With his Force enhanced mind, Taylor took control of the impoverished Rebel. "Stand up!" Millard yelled, forcing the man to stand. He sensed the weakness in the slave's legs.

"So...," Millard smirked, "It appears your legs need a bit of a work out. Tell me...Ran. Do you dance?"

With that, Millard took control of the slave, forcing him to dance. Upon rocks and over them. On the body of the dead Noghri (which Millard noted, Ran held great fear for). He even forced Ran to degregate himself more, by relieving on the dead alien.

Ran continued to dance, with more flourish being added. During one turn, a sudden punch to the face levelled the man, and Millard stood over him.

"You are truly, pathetic," The Sith Apprentice spoke, kicking the Rebel.

With one last insult towards the slave, "Your culture was horrible to. The art was horrendous. You truly deserved what happened to your planet. And your family."

He turned and strode back to where Darkserpent sat.

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 12th, 2001, 11:51:18 AM
OOC: It's awesome =)

IC: "That's it! I can feel your hatred for this rebel. Look! He is still alive." Seth cackled, quite amused by the show Taylor put on for him. Ran the slave was slowly lifting himself off the floor. He looked at both Seth and Millard, tempted to scream. He kept silent, fearing death if he were to make a noise.

Seth extended his palm and clenched it tightly, feeling the anger course through his veins like electricity. Seth wanted to unleash his anger and destroy Ran where he stood, but it was not his place to do so. He was training Taylor Millard, not himself.

"You have allowed hate to change you from an Imperial Admiral to a cold heartless Sith Disciple. You've taken another step toward completing your disciple training and moving on to the next level." Seth hissed. "Although you are not there yet. You still have many paths to walk...and many people to kill."

A grin crept across the Dark Jedi's face. He summoned a rock about the same size as his fist with the Force. Seth gripped it in his gauntlet.

"This.." He said, while using his anger to strengthen his arm. "..Is power!" He finished, crushing the rock into about 11 other smaller pieces. Seth threw the debris away and raised off the rock. He allowed himself to float about 2 inches off the ground, a few feet away from Taylor.

"Now tell me, young apprentice. No, show me, what you would like to do to Ran. Allow the Dark Side to answer the question for you."

Taylor's Lightsaber unclipped itself from his belt and floated right above him. It was being manipulated by Seth, behind him.

"Grab your weapon, strike him! <font size=5>KIIIIIIIILL HIM!"

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 12th, 2001, 12:17:48 PM
Taylor grasped his lightsaber, feeling the cold metal in his hands. His finger touched the fingerprint ID and the blue and red blade flared to life, casting a muted glow over the slave in front of him.

Millard had killed many men in and out of the cockpit. Normally, he had reason...an injustice. Now, there was none. Ran had done nothing to him personally. But the Imperial Admiral knew something Ran had done.

He betrayed his country, consorting with Rebels. He deserves his death.

The Sith Apprentice did one last sweep of Ran's mind, finding fear and hatred. Hatred of Darkserpent. Hatred of himself, and hatred of the Empire. He saw Ran piloting a Y-Wing over Endor, cheering as the Death Star was destroyed. He saw him consorting with Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Mon Mothma. He saw collegues die as Ran the pilot killed them in his ship.

Millard's anger grew, and he struck out with his lightsaber aiming for Ran's head. A flash of light accented the separation of the head from body. Both crumpled to the ground, the head rolling to a stop by Taylor's foot. He kicked it away, watching rest by the Noghri.

Breathing deeply, the Sith Apprentice felt vindicated and complete. But there were other enemies to face...and more challenges out there. He deactivated his lightsaber, returning it to his belt.

Turning towards Darkserpent he spoke, "Ran is dead. The Noghri is dead. I am not." His smile grew wide, "Let us continue. My master."

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 12th, 2001, 02:55:37 PM
"We will continue. I noticed you hesitated killing Ran. I reached out with the Force and felt you probe into his mind. You asked yourself, why he was to die. I will let you know now that you exceeded my expectations in this little excersize." Seth spoke in a low voice that caused Taylor to concentrate on him to hear every word. "This excersize was to unleash more of the anger you had locked up inside. Remember that you should never kill someone unless there is reason behind it."

Darkserpent's shoulders slumped downward, along with his head. He stared at the ground for a moment, recollecting memories he had locked away. The memories of his past as Naga resurfaced in his brain.

"As Naga, I used to kill people simply out of anger or pleasure. I'm sure you've seen Lord Vader do that to some of his men. Although I would bet a Sith talisman that Grand Admiral Thrawn taught you otherwise. Thrawn was more calm and collective. He didn't kill someone, especially his own men unless he had reason to do so. You are becoming a Sith, but do not forget what Grand Admiral Thrawn taught you. It is unwise to abandon past teachings."

Behind Seth, five remote droids raised into the air. Each one slowly floated over to Taylor. Seth set them down before his Sith disciple.

"Since you already ignited your lightsaber, I believe you should practice more. These remotes are programmed to shoot at you with powered down blaster bolts that will only sting you. Here..." Seth took out a remote control and tossed it at Taylor. The Sith disciple caught it. "You may control how many you will use at a time. I suggest working your way up."

Seth sat back on the rock and crossed his legs.

"This activity will require you to anticipate the shots with the Dark Side and deflect them back to the oppressor. Feel where they are directed at. I will be here, meditating as you complete your task. Good luck."

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 12th, 2001, 11:52:15 PM
Taylor walked away from the meditating Darkserpent. His body began to ache from the stresses of training. The spar with Darkserpent, the fight with the Noghri, and the death of Ran. All these weighed on his mind, as he walked back into the courtyard.

I did not know what to expect when I joined The Sith Order. he drove his thoughts inward, But so far, it has been interesting to say the least.

As the Sith Apprentice turned towards the 5 remote droids. They were much like the droid Millard practiced on in his quarters after his spar with Lady Live Wire. He activated his saber, watching the blue and red glow waft across the courtyard.

One of the droids hovered forwards, making a small *pssh* sound as it moved. It fired upon Taylor, who easily blocked the stinging blaster fire. His mind open to the Force, sensed where the remote was going to fire and he moved his blade accordingly.

After several minutes of sparring with the single remote, Taylor activated 2 more. He kept the attack setting on the droids on a medium pace, beginning to feel out blocking multiple blasters.

This is a bit harder than I thought his mind said, as he blocked 5 separate blaster shots. The Disciple of Darkserpent kept his blade level, his mind open to the Force. His senses remained true and his lightsaber blade responded accordingly. He sent the blaster bolts back towards the droids, each time shutting them down; only to reactivate them to begin anew.

As the lightsaber training progressed, Millard let his mind wander to other things. He wondered the status of Tomar's search for the Saalarian Pirates, formerly led by the traitor Zakan. Had Tomar or Jaranda been able to contact Commander Drake? At last check, there had been no contact between the two parties. Millard surmised he'd have to search for Drake himself.

Last known whereabouts was Nar Shadda. I loathe that place.

Taylor blocked another 3 blaster shots, then stood and turned off the droids. He wiped the sweat from his brow, and popped his neck. The rain had ceased its downpour hours prior, and a soft cool breeze had replaced it. Millard looked past the gates of the Courtyard to the city below. He watched the transports take off, and the crowds go from dining spot to dining spot. Taylor watched it all...and realized he wanted to learn more...

He wanted to know more about the Force and how it worked. How to make it bend to his command. His mind increased its want to know more...to study and learn. He smiled...and turned back to the remotes.

This time, the Sith Apprentice activated all 5 remotes..setting them to a higher setting than before. Millard let his mind open, feeling the Force all around him. The blaster bolts came faster now, each remote spitting out multiple shots towards the Imperial Admiral/Sith Apprentice. Some blasters were deflected towards another portion of the courtyard. Others, flew back at the source, the blue and red blade blocking the shots.

But suddenly the shots increased beyond Millard's control. Although his mind was open to the Force, the blaster bolts began to get the better of him. One nicked his leg, shooting pain up it. Another caught his arm, singeing the fabric of his torn jumpsuit. The shots continued, and Millard weakened. More and more they began to beat his tired limbs, although Taylor drew on the Force for strength it still wasn't enough. 4 shots caught his chest, sending him to the ground in pain. He reached out for the remote control...

A shot caught him in the head, dazing him. Another, then another. As he began to lose conciousness, through the flurry of blaster bolts, some still hitting the remotes, shutting 2 off...he saw Thrawn standing over him smiling. He drew on the Force again, focussing on the remotes. Blocking three last shots, the Sith Apprentice felt his head hit the ground, and he lay still...his exhaustion taking over his body. He slowly began feeding on the Force for strength, but felt his tire increase.

He lost conciousness, exhaustion taking over his brain and his body.

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 13th, 2001, 05:31:48 PM
"Taylor...Taylor...Wake up Taylor."

Seth loomed over his apprentice who had fallen to the floor just minutes prior to Seth noticing him. The Dark Jedi had checked his pulse before doing anything else. Millard was alive, but unconscious.

Finally, his Disciple showed signs of life, by slowly opening his eyes. Seth bent down on one knee and picked Taylor up by the collar. He tossed Taylor aside like a harmless rag doll. Seth was obviously angry with his disciple. He felt a disturbance in the Force and was disturbed from his trance. The Dark Jedi had experienced better moments.

"Fool! A Sith always knows when the odds are against them! Now it must be this Corellian air getting to your head, but you knew perfectly well that the remote control could have simply stopped you from being fired upon!" Seth shouted.

The remotes were all on the ground, along with the control and Taylor's lightsaber. Seth bent down and picked it up. He tossed it at his Disciple, still on the ground. Eventhough Taylor could not see it, Seth had a look of disgust on his face, under that dark mask.

"When a Sith is in danger, they call upon the Dark Side to strengthen their willpower. WHAT HAVE I TOUGHT YOU?!"

The Dark Jedi managed to grasp a bit of control and calm himself. He knew that if he were to attack Taylor again, he could possibly have killed him. Such great potential would be a waste.

His hand swung behind his back and grabbed at something concealed in a satchel behind his cloak. When Seth brought it out for Taylor to see, the Disciple recognized it as a book. Darkserpent flipped through the pages rather quickly. With an approving nod, he diverted his attention to Taylor, once again.

"Pick yourself up. I want you to read this book while you are recovering. In two days, you will report to the Library, in the Palace for further training."

Seth laid the book beside his fallen disciple. It read <a href=http://thunder.prohosting.com/~spiff/history.html>History of the Sith</a>, written by Odan Urr. The Dark Jedi had gone through the text at least a hundred times. Sith history fascinated him more then any other history.

The Dark Jedi began to walk away, but not before calling back, "Is there anything you would like to ask me before I depart?"

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 14th, 2001, 12:01:15 PM
"Yes, Master there is," Millard slowly spoke, frustration reigning supreme in his mind. He'd overestimated his skills and strength in the Force. Taylor made a mistake, and he realised this.

He spoke his thoughts, apologizing to Darkserpent for his foolishness and his overestimation.

"I am sorry, Master Darkserpent," the Sith Apprentice said, "I thought I could defeat all 5 remotes at the highest speed. My advancement has made my ego bigger than it should be. Measures shall be taken to prevent it happening again.

"I am here to learn the Force and serve the Sith Order to the best of my ability. If I begin to focus on myself, then my contributions to the Order are for not. And I know, as do you, we do not want it to happen."

Nor would Thrawn his mind said, He trained you to lead by serving. Honor. Remember that.

The Disciple of Darkserpent took the Sith History book from his master, running his hands over the leather binding. He knew a little about Sith History, mainly from spending hours pouring over reports written by others regarding Exan Kun and The Sith War. Naga Sadow had received little documentation, the book stating- "The Republic made contact with an alien calling himself 'Sadow'. He was a Dark Jedi, strong in the Force, but his personal agenda got the better of him. He angered the other Sith, leading to his Empire's destruction."

Although, the documents said Sadow escaped with his life, they said nothing about him later on.

The Sith Apprentice spoke again, tucking the Sith History book under his left arm.

"Master, while I was practicing...I felt like I wanted to learn more about the Force. I felt...I'm not sure what...but..." he paused, feeling blood trickling down his face. He breathed in deeply and continued.

"There is something I wanted to ask of you. During my excursions back into Known Space, I heard mentions of a group of Dark Jedi calling themselves 'The Black Hand'. My searchings for them were fruitless, simply because they hid themselves well...if they even exist. But, I sense from you a love of history and a thirst for knowledge. Perhaps you could tell me more about them, and if the rumors I heard of their existance are true.

"I seek to learn more knowledge. What can you recommend me doing? ANd, may I keep the remotes for more practice?"

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 14th, 2001, 05:16:36 PM
"I recommend that you learn about the Black Hand yourself. Once you have finished all the assigned tasks I set before you, I will present you with the necessary coordinates to quench your thirst for knowledge." A sly grin appeared on his face underneath his mask.

Taylor reminded Seth of himself a few months ago. The Dark Jedi was also curious of such a group and wanted to find out more. The memories of Vjun were fresh in Seth's mind, although he blocked them from almost everyone else. His thoughts were those of his own, and the only person to ever tread upon them was his Master. Gav Mortis had found his way into Seth's mind and studied it.

"You are not ready for the Black Hand yet."

A shrill wind blew as a result of aftermath of the small storm. The rain and lightning had stopped quite a while ago. Seth stared back at the probe droids, considering Taylor's second request. Although he was a bit hesitant at first, Seth slightly nodded.

"You may have your mechanical toys. If I find you unconscious again, I will kill you myself. Failure will not be tolerated twice for the same excersize. Do I make myself clear?" Seth received an affirmative nod from Taylor. "All right then. I will see you in two days, as expected. Read that book."

Seth gave a curt nod to Taylor and headed for the castle entrance once again. He disappeared behind the durasteel doors, although his presence could still be felt throughout the castle.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 15th, 2001, 12:49:02 AM
Taylor watched Darkserpent as he left the Courtyard. Millard thought about following the Sith Knight, but decided against it. Time for me to find out if Tomar ever got in contact with Commander Drake.

The Sith Apprentice walked through the halls of the Sith Palace, towards the hangar. He found it with little trouble, but requisenting a ship proved more difficult. The Flight Officer would not allow Millard, in his present state of disrepair, to take a ship up to the Superior. After 10 minutes of arguing, Millard signalled the ISD.

"Superior this is Millard," he stated, his voice calm. A black mouse droid scuttled around his feet, headed towards the palace command center.

"Admiral." Tomar's familiar voice filled the comlink, Good to hear from you. Things are well I hope.

"That they are, Captain," Millard replied, wincing as he placed a hand on his bleeding forehead, "If you could, send a shuttle down to pick me up. I have been granted a 2 day break from the training. "

"I'll come down myself, came the reply. Tomar out.

When the shuttle Rama arrive for the departing admiral, both Tomar and Thomas met him on deck. Both showed concern for his appearance. Black jumpsuit ripped, head and back bleeding, one eye blackened by a blow. Thomas raised his concerns over the training.

Millard's eyes grew cold with slight anger, "Thomas...you are an Imperial Guardsman. I take it your training was no spacewalk."

Althought Taylor could not see it, Thomas smiled cautiously, "That is correct, Admiral. But we were allowed to rest inbetween sesssions. What has the trainer put you through?"

"Nothing to be concerned about," The Imperial Admiral replied, "Right now...I need to revive myself. Has there been any word from Commander Drake?"

Tomar, answered while manning the controls, "No sir. We fear we may have lost contact with Drake. And we do have a lead on the Saalarian Pirates, but nothing too solid," he added, answering Millard's next question.

Millard sighed, Instead of completely relaxing, reading the book Master Darkserpent gave me. I'll be headed to Nar Shadda for two days. Feh...

"Very well," he spoke slowly, his eyes continuing to flash, "Thomas, you're with me when we land. Prepare two Missile Gunboats. We will leave in 2 hours time for Nar Shadda. Either we find Drake at his last known location, or we proceed without him.

"Either way. The Saalarian Pirates will be destroyed. They have lived long enough. This betrayel of the Empire years ago and their attacking of us en route to The Sith Order, is testament of their vileness," Millard's blue eyes flashed brightly, as the shuttle docked on the Superior.

Exiting the shuttle, Millard made his way to the medical bay for treatment and rest. Two hours later, he and Thomas left the ISD, setting course for <A href=http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicfrm13.showMessage?topicID=291.topic>Nar Shadda</a>

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 15th, 2001, 07:48:16 PM
(OOC Note: I'll be out of town for a few days starting tomorrow night about 10PM CST. I'll be back Sunday night late.)

IC: ----------Two Days Later------------

Millard made his way through the Sith Palace towards the library. Although Darkserpent had not given him a time to arrive at the Library, the Sith Apprentice figured the sooner in the day, the better.

As Taylor strode past two protocol droids, he realized...he didn't know where the library was. He questioned on of the black droids, before they were out of earshot.

"The library? Why, it is on the 2nd level of the palace," one of the droids said mechanically, "It is quite expansive with books on all different kinds of subjects. From History to Force powers. From military tactics to-"

"All right..." Millard interrupted, "Thanks."

"You're quite welcome, sir. If I can be of any more service..."

Taylor let the rest of what the droid said trail off, as he made his way up to the second level of the Sith Palace. When he arrived at the library, he stared in awe and wonder, feeling his heart leap with joy at what stood before him.

Two large doors, each wooden with hinges, was before him. Large, ornate Sith Emblems were carved in the black wood, the silver and gold trimming shining in the light of the Corellian Sun. The Disciple of Darkserpent felt the power of the Force flow through him.

This place holds knowledge of many things. I cannot wait to read these books.

He opened the doors, and stepped through. Mountains of books met him, all piled upon shelves and display stands. In the center, a lone man sat behind a black wooden desk, in the middle of black carpet. Millard approached him.

The man was short, and old. His pate still had hair, although very few...which swirled around him in whisps of snow. He looked up from the book in his gnarled hand and spoke.

"Yes? How may I help you?" his voice was scratchy and his eyes glimmered with fire.

Millard looked at the man, then nodded, "No sir. I am simply awaiting my Master. I plan to contact him so he knows I am here."

"Ah yes..." the librarian spoke, "Go right ahead Mr. Millard. I am certain Master Darkserpent will be eager to hear from you. I trust you read the Sith History book, he gave you?"

"I...yes...," Millard was taken aback by the statement. Although he expect much from the Sith Order, he did not think news travelled that fast, "How did you...?"

"Did you think Seth would allow you to borrow his copy of The History of the Sith? No he did not. Now, you may keep that copy. I have another, I can lend out to other seekers of knowledge, who wish to learn about us."

The librarian cackled, making he way towards several books, "Go now...call your master. I am certain he wishes to speak with you, and continue your training." The laughing continued, stopping only when the Dark Jedi was lost in the mounds of books around him.

Millard smiled, as his gaze followed the librarian's path. Indeed, the book had been read. Twice, infact. During Millard's journey towards Nar Shadda, he had read the history of the Sith...indulging his mind and expanding his thoughts. He read it again on the trip back to Corellia, thinking about the mission Steven Drake would execute.

But now is not the time to focus on others he thought.

His mind began to open as he sought out Seth. He noted it was easier than before...his mind finding Darkserpent again meditating.

Master Darkserpent. I have read the history book. It was what I expected from the Sith. I am pleased you allowed me to borrow it. I am in the library, awaiting your arrival.

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 16th, 2001, 05:37:06 PM
Seth Darkserpent was perched atop a small table on the second level of the Library. He was reading a copy of Palpatine: The Story of an Emperor. Although most of the script in the book was written by an Imperial fanatic set on making the Emperor look good, it was quite enjoyable. Seth had managed to finish the book in a matter of 7 hours of straight reading. Emperor Palpatine was a great Sith Master no matter what anyone thought. Although he kept it a secret, Seth idolized the man. Palpatine was a true master of evil, not a fake.

His head rose from the book as he felt another presence enter the Library. It was a familiar presence, one he had not felt in two days. Seth was eager to continue training with his apprentice Taylor. So far Taylor had experienced and used the Force for his benefit. He had proven to hold his own in battle and his mind acted as a sponge, ready to absorb information. Seth was pleased with how well training was going so far, depsite Millard's failure in the Courtyard. Failure only gave the man more determination to press on and accomplish his goals. Seth found this admirable.

Then Taylor sent him a message through the Force, Master Darkserpent. I have read the history book. It was what I expected from the Sith. I am pleased you allowed me to borrow it. I am in the library, awaiting your arrival.

Seth stood up from his table and slammed the book shut. He stalked across the library's second floor, making his way to the staircase. Oddly enough, the Dark Jedi was not dressed in his usual armor, covered by a black robe. He wore a black robe, much like the one Darth Maul used to wear. A cloak was clasped around his neck, and it covered his back. The hood of the cloak was draped over Seth's face, hiding it, although he still wore his mask. He wore no gauntlets, but instead black gloves that clung to his hands. Seth's overall appearance made him look a lot thinner and more wiry then he had seemed with his armor on. He looked much like a monk, rather a Sith Knight.

"I have been expecting you." He whispered, in an evil but calm voice. For a moment he diverted his attention to the Librarian who was still in the room. "Damien, leave us."

"As you wish, Master Darkserpent." The old man nodded, and hastily left the room.

Slowly, Seth made his descent, step by step. His black boots made a clanking sound on the wooden floor as he struck them with each passing step. Seth raised a hand and slowly whisked it across the air. The doors behind Taylor slid shut with a loud thud. At that moment, Seth made it to the bottom of the stairs. He was only a few meters away from his apprentice.

"Tell me young Disciple...what have you learned from that." His hand raised again to point at the book that Taylor held.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 20th, 2001, 03:51:41 PM
OOC: Back in town. Vacation was great.

IC: Millard stood before his master, running a black gloved hand through his brown hair. He set the book of Sith History on the table next to his leg, drew a deep breath, and spoke...his blue eyes shining.

"Master, my belief in remaining loyal to a group was strengthened while I delved into Sith History. Although I studied the history before, this gave me a different perspective...one from the Sith themselves.

"Although I am not an expert in the field...nor was I there to watch Sadow, Kun, and Quel-Droma...but I did learn this.

"Sadow and Kressh's duel was something which got out of hand. The two gave into their hatred for the other and attempted to destroy each other. In my opinoin it led to the end of the Golden Age for the Sith, because they were divided so.

"Kressh's use of forces to destroy Sadow's decoy fortress proves he did not deserve the title, 'Dark Lord of the Sith'. Sadow, in his own right, should have used his actions and deeds speak for his right to be the head of the Sith.

"Sadow's failure to make sure his rival had met his destiny, decided his fate. Although, I have no eye-witness accounts of the battle between the two, I believe Sadow should have made sure Kressh was dead, before proceeding with hsi plan.

"With Kun and Quel-Droma, the two's plan was through and complete. But Quel-Droma's love for his brother Cay, instead of turning him completely to the Dark Side...it brought him back to the light. Aleema's treachery against Quel-Droma led to his failure as well...in my opnion.

"Kun's problem was killing the man who believed in him the most, Crado. Although Crado was not the smartest alien in the galaxy, he still possessed loyalty..something key in my opinion. Kun's decision to keep his spirit alive by sacrificing the Massasi was a stroke of genius. Too bad he was destroyed centuries later.

"As for Darth Bane, the decision for the Sith to go underground proves how treacherous they were. One master, one apprentice...in my opinion...brilliant.

"Now we go to Emperor Palpatine. we all ready know of his accomplishments. He gave leadership to the Sith, and made them great...to a degree. His genius in keeping the 1 Master, 1 Apprentice...proved his worth. It is a shame he was destroyed.

"But something I have noticed, is Sith tend to look for themselves and their own oppurtunities instead of the good of the Sith Empire in general."

Taylor pursed his lips and sighed..."Or the Order. I believe the Sith Order needs members who are there for the benefit of the Order...not their own personal gain.

"Do you agree, Master Darkerpent? Or am I mistaken?"

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 22nd, 2001, 07:55:43 AM
"I agree that Sith are treacherous creatures that cannot be trusted no matter what the circumstance. They are and were worse then the lowest slime on Coruscant." Seth hissed.

Taylor seemed a little taken aback by Seth's words. He had just insulted the Sith with anger and bitterness in his voice. The Dark Jedi's eyes shone brightly as he stared into the afternoon sky through the skylight in the library.

"If Kressh and Sadow worked together rather against eachother, the Sith Empire would still be around today. In obliterating most of Kressh's forces, Sadow obliterated a part of the Empire."

"Kun...Yesss Kun was a very unpredictable lad. His problem was that he was overconfident in his powers and his forces. As was Emperor Palpatine. Although what they lacked, they made up for in genious and planning ahead of time."

Seth's hand waved across the room and a chair came sliding toward him. He sat down on it.

"No matter what you can see when you look into the future, expect all possible outcomes and plan how to deal with each one."

The Dark Jedi closed his eyes.

"What I am to tell you here today does not leave this room. I am a Dark Jedi, not a Sith. I have my own agenda, but I also look out for my brethren Dark Jedi...of the Black Hand." Seth raised up a hand to stop Taylor from speaking. "Very few know this, and I would like to keep it that way. Upon completion of your training on Corellia, I will give you the coordinates you want."

Seth motioned for another chair to slide from the shadows. It stopped before Taylor's tall figure. He motioned for his disciple to sit down. Seth couldn't tell if Taylor was surprised or if he even cared. Darkserpent felt by telling his disciple one of his deepest secrets he was showing that he trusted him in a sense.

"Is there anything you would like to say?"

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 22nd, 2001, 11:37:13 AM
Millard felt his heart leap for joy. Here was a member of the Black Hand. His searching hadn't been in vain.

Well now...we've now taken the next step haven't we? his mind said aloofly. You're now where you want to be. If your information about the Black Hand is true...you are on the right path.

Now...Darkserpent had told him a deep secret. Certainly, The Black Hand was an invitation only organization. Whether or not Millard received an invitation, mattered not. The fact Seth let him in on the secret...mattered to him.

Taylor sat down, allowing his muscles to relax slowly. The hard wood was not the most comfortable thing to sit in, but Millard knew he'd sat in worst places.

He had suspected his master was a member of the Black Hand, when Seth told him, he wasn't ready to be a member of the Dark Jedi.

In his own mind, he now knew the difference between the Dark Jedi and the Sith.

"Master," he stated slowly, his blue eyes focussing on the orange ones Seth possessed, "I am honored you let me in on your secret. Now...I have one for you."

He leaned forward, "Over the last month I have been here, I have been lobbied by Darth Viscera to join him. I will not. I do not trust a man who, for no reason whatsoever, draws a knife on a fellow member. It reeks of pettiness. My loyalty to you will not be questioned at any time. You are my master...and I your servant.

"I wish to continue my training under you. And if found right...I wish to join, The Black Hand. And be a Dark Jedi, as yourself."

He leaned back in his chair, hearing it creak. The shuffling of footsteps alerted his senses, and Damian the librarian returned.

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 22nd, 2001, 03:13:09 PM
Seth stared at Taylor after he had finished speaking. He noticed for a moment that Damian had re-entered to grab a pile of books. Clumsily the old librarian shuffled out of the large room again, swearing in Selonian at how heavy the books were.

"Taylor..." Seth began. His hand shot forward and sent a purple wave of energy at his apprentice. Taylor was knocked back off his leaning chair and slid over to a bookshelf, hitting it hard. If the shelf hadn't been bolted into the ground, it would have toppled and injured Taylor. Instead some books fell on him. Seth grit his teeth as he spoke his next sentence. "You are no one's servant!"

Seth stood up from his chair and walked over to his Disciple, pushing a table aside. The table fell back and rolled out of the way. He stopped before Taylor and stretched his hand.

What Taylor saw wasn't reality. Seth had used an illusion to make himself look like Thrawn. Taylor slowly raised his hand to grasp Thrawn's and hoist himself up. Although Thrawn just slapped his hand away and stepped back into the shadows. In his place, a Rebel stepped out of the shadows with a blaster in his hand. He had the Rogue Squadron insignia on his chest. He pointed his blaster at Taylor and shot twice.

...And then everything was normal. The lighting returned, as well as Seth. He was perched atop his chair, staring at Taylor on the floor.

"Do you know...what an illusion is?" He asked. "It is quite easy to craft one. You simply picture the illusion in your mind and project it around you with the Force. The stronger you are at this technique, the stronger the illusion is."

Seth beckoned for Taylor to stand up.

"This will test your skills and your value, one...last...time. Create an illusion, and project it into my mind!" Seth snarled.

He hopped off the chair and walked a little closer to Taylor, standing only a few feet away from him. Seth clasped both hands together at the small of his back. The black gloved fingers clung onto each other tightly. He silently waited for Taylor to craft his illusion...or fail. Seth did not expect failure from his Disciple, but as he had said before, anything and any future is possible.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 22nd, 2001, 03:24:54 PM
Millard stared up at Darkserpent...his mind still trying to catch up to what had just occurred.

I saw...Thrawn...who slapped my hand away...then a Rebel...

His mind began to grasp the reality of the situation. An illusion? Ah...Thrawn did not rebuke me. But Seth is correct. I am no one's servant. I am Taylor Millard, apprentice to Seth Darkserpent...Admiral in the Imperial Navy! I am a Jedi Apprentice...and I will continue in my training! He stood up, and matched stares with Darkserpent.

In his mind, he formed something he'd read about days ago. About the death of a certain Sith named 'Naga'. An image came into his head. Millard used the Force to project it, concentrating keeping his mind open to the Force. He breathed deeply, and projected the image to the room around him. He felt no hatred towards Darkserpent for this particular illusion.

Out of the darkness, purple lightsaber in hand. Stood Leia Organa Solo. Her brown hair was down to her shoulders, a brown dress on her body, her lightsaber was activated...and pointed at Seth Darkserpent.

Seth Darkserpent
Aug 22nd, 2001, 05:01:22 PM
Oh the memories that flushed back into Seth's head. They all appeared black and white, as if they were from some old hologram, but Seth knew his memories were real. This illusion that Taylor had crafted looked painfully real. It reminded Seth of his anger for Leia Solo. It reminded him...of the revenge he never sought out.

"Very...good." He spoke through gritted teeth, almost biting through his tongue.

Seth's hand shot upward in an uppercut blow that sent another invisible wave of energy to the skylight above. The windows crashed and the pieces of glass fell toward them. Large and small, which didn't really matter, plunged toward Seth and Taylor.

Then Seth's other hand raised up. Every single shard of glass stopped it's descent. Seth's hand slowly bent down and pushed back up. It was a brilliant sight to watch every single piece of glass fly back up out of the hole he had formed and into the sky. Seth used his own anger and pushed the glass away from the castle.

"If I were any angrier, I could have brought harm to this wondrous place," He thought to himself. Seth had never harmed a book in his life. Such a thing was considered sacrilegious to himself.

Seth's attention diverted back to his Disciple who looked a little confused. The illusion had long since dissapated into nothingness. Seth began to clap, while walking toward Taylor. He rounded the fallen table, still clapping.

"You have done well, and your training on Corellia is complete. Now go. Oppose the Light Side and bring me something back from your experiences, a trophy of sorts to prove that you are devoted to evil." Seth explained. "You might also want this..." He opened Taylor's palm and placed a small piece of paper with written coordinates on it. The coordinates led to the Black Hand.

"Those are the coordinates to Vjun. I do hope you choose not to venture that way. The chances are you might not return alive. Although you are skilled and trained, you must not underestimate anyone or anything!"

Seth did not speak for another minute.

"I will be waiting here on Corellia. Return once you have something for me. And have this..."

Darkserpent summoned a duffle bag full of books toward him. He grasped the leather handle and handed the bag to Taylor. Among the books were lightsaber fighting techniques, Sith prophecies and the history of the Jedi and the Republic. The bag was heavy, and contained at least 11 books.

"Use what you have been taught." Seth turned around and walked away.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Aug 22nd, 2001, 05:46:57 PM
Millard stood there, a look of confusion on his face, as Darkserpent strode away from him...out of the library and away from him.

The books began weighing heavily on Taylor's arms, reminding him where he was. Slowly, he set them down.

The librarian was right for cursing...they are heavy.

The Sith Apprentice righted the upturned chair, taking a seat. Slowly, he opened the leather bag with all the books. He took out one with Sith Prophecies...and began to read.

Three hours later he was engrossed in the book, taking in the information like a Rancor did food. He found the information fascinating and it only increased his want for more knowledge.

If Leia Organa Solo killed Seth, when he was Naga...then how could I hurt her? he thought, anger filling his mind. He wanted revenge against the Jedi Knight, but not now. He was an apprentice, and she a Knight. Her time would come. Right now...he needed more information.

Something drew his attention...the piece of paper with the coordinates to Vjun...and The Black Hand. A smile passed over his face. They would know more.

But Seth's warning run in his mind like a bell...he considered this. And decided.

Taylor walked to the hangar, and launched his missile gunboat back to the Superior.

Captain Tomar was waiting for him when he landed.

"Admiral," he stated bruskly, his uniform pressed and clean, "We're still awaiting the liason from Viscera's forces. It is rumored he'll be here in a few hours or so."

"Good," the admiral said, walking towards the lift towards the bridge, "I look forward to meeting them.

"Captain," Millard said, the slightest bit of irony in his voice, "We need to find someone. NOt just anyone...but someone special. Contact TSO, and see what information we can get on the Skywalkers."

Tomar followed him to the lift, a look of amazement on his face.