PDA

View Full Version : Building a lightsaber: More Training for Taylor Millard

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 12th, 2001, 11:42:46 PM
Admiral Taylor Millard strode down the halls of the Sith Order on a mission. But this was no Imperial mission of destruction. Instead, it was a mission of knowledge.

Under Grand Admiral Thrawn, Millard had studied many things. Tactics, art, history, and the art of negociation. However, in the last several weeks, his training was of a different nature. Instead of tactics, Millard was taught teh art of destruction and of the Force. Taylor was learning to be a Sith, and it would lead to the destruction of the New Republic.

Or he thought, It would help me destroy 'The Tormentors' in the Unknown Regions.

Millard had no friends in TSO, nor did he want any for now. Instead, Millard preferred people who he could trust and who would not backstab him when the situation provide the option to. Much like Tomar, Thomas, and Jaranda on board theSuperior. So far, outside of his master Seth Darkserpent, there was one person who Taylor trusted.

He rapped on the oak door in front of him.

"Lady Live Wire," he spoke in the speaker next to the door, "I was wondering if you could assist me in building my lightsaber. Master Darkserpent loathes lightsabers and would prefer if I would find someone else who could teach me. Will you help me?" Millard paused again, "Please."

Live Wire
Jul 13th, 2001, 12:05:58 AM
*It had been a long time since LW had assisted someone who wasn't her apprentice in the fine art of saber contstruction. However if thats what he needed to learn then she would be happy to oblidge. He was polite after all. She stepped to the side and motioned for him to step inside.

LW called her own lightsaber to her hand from where it laid on a shelf. Turning the hilt over in her hand she looked at her own handiwork. Each lightsaber was an intensely personal item and no two were alike unless constructed to specifically be like another. She motioned for the Admiral to sit down as she took a seat at her desk.*

I assume since Seth doesn't care for lightsabers he didn't provide you with the material to make your own, correct?

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 13th, 2001, 12:20:54 AM
"That is correct, my lady," Taylor replied taking a seat across from the Sith woman. He removed his hat as he sat down, setting it on the floor beneath the chair. He passed his eyes over the room, taking in the scene. He noticed two corridors leading to two different sleeping areas. He assumed someone else lived in the quarters other than Live Wire.

A lightsaber Millard thought, Never thought I'd want another weapon, after how good the repeater rifle has been to me. But, I suppose, it is time to move on and grow

"If I may, can I take a look at your saber?"

Live Wire nodded her consent. Millard studied the saber briefly, running his hands over the smooth metal. He remembered texts and Live Wire, herself, saying the lightsaber was more of a personal item. He set it back down on the table.

"I thank you my lady," he said, his voice sincere. Millard leaned back in his chair, before pulling out a datapad from his uniform jacket.

He showed Live Wire the block of information on it. It was the blueprints of Darth Vader's lightsaber.

"While, I have studied these blueprints, there are certain other specifics on the lightsaber I have yet to understand. What materials do I need to build a lightsaber? From my studies, I know the Sith use a type of crystal to focus the blade of the saber, but what else is needed?"

Live Wire
Jul 13th, 2001, 11:35:35 PM
*LW looked at the blueprints. Vader's lightsaber was one of the most famous simply because of the legend surrounding the man. Even if he did turn traitor at the last minute he was still revered among many sith and his lightsaber would be what passed for a holy grail among those who followed the dark side.*

As far as the actual construction its not that difficult. You need the power cells and a metal thats tough enough to be constructed into the hilt of the saber. The only part people find difficult is the focusing of the crystal. Though with patience it can be done successfully.

*she held her saber in her hand feeling its wieght against the palm of her hand*

You want to construct the hilt to fit your hand. Each saber is different and often just looking at the hilt of one can identify its owner. Some people put extras in. Like mine has a small fingerprint ID so that only I can activate it. It prevents others from using it against me in battle. Of course it also means in a pinch an ally can't use it either.

Have you given any thought as to the design of your saber?

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 15th, 2001, 11:12:24 AM
The fingerprint ID is a good idea Millard thought as Live Wire described her lightsaber. Taylor had given some thought to the lightsaber, but not much. After his first training lesson with Darkserpent, the Sith Apprentice believed it was time for him to possess a weapon more akin to a Sith.

"I have given some thought," he spoke slowly, "I would prefer something simple. Nothing too fancy or gaudy. Earlier lightsabers tended to be more organic, or single color. Vader's had a nice meld of black and silver to it. Perhaps, something more like that.

"As for special features, nothing too extraordinary. The fingerprint ID I do like, though. Do you have any suggestions yourself?"

Live Wire
Jul 16th, 2001, 11:37:53 AM
The only thing I can really suggest is that you make sure the grip is what works best for your hand. Other then that, it's entirely up to you.

*LW opens up the top drawer and pulls out a circular attatchement and tosses it to the Admiral who looks at it curiously*

That is something I've found that comes in handy. Its a little something extra I devised myself. It allows me to attach just about any single bladed lightsaber to my own giving me a makeshift double bladed saber. It lets me use an opponents saber against them if I am able to get it away from them.

Building the hilt is easy, we have the metal and equipment to do it easilly. The power cells you'll need are in storage and all you'll have to do is focus the crystal. But the design should be all yours.

*LW looks in another desk drawer and pulls out another data pad and tosses it to Taylor*

Here, take a look at these saber designes and fashion something to fit you. The information on that data pad will helpd you decide the length and thickness the hilt should be as well as its wieght. Some prefer a lighter saber and others prefer using heavier metals. Me, personally I like feeling the wieght of my saber against my hand.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 16th, 2001, 12:53:19 PM
"Very well, my lady," Millard said, rising from the table.

"I thank you for the specs and the lesson. I trust I can find crystals for the focussing beam somewhere in the palace?"

Live Wire nodded and gave him direction to the storeroom where the Sith Order kept the lightsaber building materials.

"Good." Millard exitted the Sith Master's room and strode down the corridors of the Sith Order's palace. The Sith Apprentice found the storeroom, saluting the stormtrooper who guarded them. I find it interesting, he mused as he entered the room, The Sith trust stormtroopers to watch the storeroom. I would think they would have someone Force sensitive to guard something as important as lightsaber material. No matter.

Taylor stood in the storeroom, pouring over lightsaber parts. He wanted something simple, something more spartan. The Imperial Admiral found two crystals which suited his fancy, a red and a blue crystal. The red, smaller than the blue, was more of a diamond shape, while the blue crystal was something of wonder. Circular, it appeared to fit just above the emitter device of the black metal emitter.

He found a sodering device, and began to work at his saber.

------Two Hours Later-------

The Imperial Admiral marched down the corridors of the Sith Order, his new lightsaber clipped to his belt where the blaster normally would be. It matched his Imperial Repeater Rifle in color (black) and housed a fingerprint ID as Live Wire's did. However, the fingerprint ID was a little bit more expansive. While only he could operate the lightsaber, the ID recognized his collegues: Tomar, Thomas, and Jaranda Piett if any of them ever needed help, and he were injured.

It's best he mused, That my friends are able to use the saber as well.

"Admiral Millard?" a voice called interupting his thoughts.

"Yes," he turned staring a the source. A protocol droid, one of the EM-392 models, shuffled up to him.

"There is a message for you from Captain Tomar," the droid's mechanical voice spoke, "You requested, if any communiques from the ISD Superior be instantly relayed to you." The droid handed Taylor a data pad, indicating the message was in there.

The Sith Apprentice nodded, and viewed the message.

On the datapad, Tomar spoke, "Admiral. We have yet to have any contact with Commander Drake. It might be best if one of us goes to Nar Shadda and find him. We do have a possible location for the Saalarian Pirates, and we've dispatched someone to make contact with them. We have transferred your Imperial Record to the Sith Order's computer. Thomas says, he wants to go down there quickly as possible to resume his protection of you. But that is up to you." End Message.

Millard hit the reply button and spoke, "Captain. It is good to hear the ship is well. I, personally, will go to Nar Shadda and speak with Drake. It gives me an opportunity to see if it has 'improved' at all. Tell Thomas, I will ask my Master if I am allowed to have protection on planet in the Order's palace. Also, look up on the star charts a planet called 'Dxun' and send to me all information on it to me. Signal the rest of the fleet and tell them I have arrived on Corellia. We will return to Bonhelious in 3 months. Good luck, Captain. And make sure the pilots are doing their training exercises." End Message.

Taylor handed the data pad back to the droid and started off down the hall again. He made a familiar turn and strode up to the door again.

"Lady Live Wire," he spoke again. "I have built my lightsaber. Would you prefer some sparring?"

Live Wire
Jul 18th, 2001, 11:50:16 AM
*A new opponet with a new saber...it had been awhile since LW had sparred against someone so new LW nodded and called her saber to her hand from where it lay on the desk. Gesturing down the hall she led taylor to the sparring room.*

I take it you were able to design and build the saber without any major problems?

OOC: sorry so short I'll expand later tonight

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 18th, 2001, 11:17:39 PM
OOC: That's fine. I can reply right now anyway.

IC: Millard followed Lady Live Wire towards the Sith Order's Sparring Room.

A large room, to Millard, it looked like the most comfortable in the palace outside of the living quarters. Large pads covered the walls, appearing to allow sparrers the ability to run on the walls without too much discomfort. In the center of the room, covering most of the floor was a large, black pad. Taylor noticed light eminating from the walls, apparently covered by hard plastic sheets. He also noticed the burns near both the lights and on the canvassed walls and floor.

Funny he mused, There are no windows in the room. It appears, Lady Live Wire, or someone else, got careless with some lightening. Interesting.

He stood next to Lady Live Wire, unhooking his lightsaber from his belt. The lightsaber was not heavy, but certainly not light. He twirled it in his hand, then placed his left hand under his right. Yes he thought, It feels right

"Tell me, my lady," he spoke placing his lightsaber back in his belt. "What would be the first lesson you wish to teach me?"

He set his hat down on the bench near where they stood and waited.

Live Wire
Jul 20th, 2001, 01:08:25 AM
*LW watched him looking at his lightsaber and without saying a word force pulled it from his hands*

Lesson one, always make sure someone can't take your saber. Even if they cant use it against you it is your best weapon and you can't afford to be without it if it can be helped.

*She tossed his saber back at him and ignited her own.*

Ignite your saber and attack me.

Admiral Taylor Millard
Jul 21st, 2001, 05:13:25 PM
Ruefully, Millard ignited his saber watching the red and blue glow light the training room.

He stepped back several paces, and brought his saber down on LW. Easily, igniting her own saber, Live Wire blocked the blade then brought her own up in attack.

Millard clumsily blocked the blow, cursing inwardly. I thought the saber would be easier to control than this. It appears, my fencing training will not be enough. The Imperial Admiral had a little background, having practiced fencing as a child and teenager. When he joined the Imperial Service though, he discontinued fencing. Which was costing him in this battle.

Taylor changed tactics, attacking with more force at Live Wire. But his blows were easily blocked. The Sith woman brought her own saber down on the Apprentice who blocked it, if barely.

Taylor felt out of place in this fighting, wishing for the cockpit of his Missile Boat. The fighting was becoming more difficult, but Millard would not give up.

He ducked under a swipe from Live Wire, rolling to his left across the padded floor. Rising, he dodged another blow seeing the padding beginning to burn. Whew...that one, almost took my arm off.

He attacked her again, watching another saber sweep get blocked.

Live Wire
Aug 12th, 2001, 12:32:33 AM
Live Wire smiled as he attacked her. Beginner didn't begin to cover it. This one was going to need a lot of work, but she could see the potential was there. She swung low swiping at his legs and he jumped over her swinging blade she force pushed him, slamming him against the wall.

She smirked as she watched him get up again. "Your enemies will not limit themselves to one method of attack. Be ready for everything. Use the other skills taught to you in tandem with your saber and you'll find it's easier to fight with it. Instinct will take over and you'll use the force more fully."

He attacked her again and LW quickened the pace of her blows forcing him to react faster. Their sabers met and LW put her wieght against it sending him crumpled to his knees. She had the power of years of training behind it and the Admiral looked surprised that such power could come from the slender woman before him. The strain showed on his face and hers remained unchanged.

"You have the power within you, use it. The saber is merely the tool through which your ability is channeled. Make it a part of you and use it as such."