PDA

View Full Version : Wraith11 - your training shall now continue

Garrett Blade
Jul 2nd, 2001, 09:32:04 AM
OOC: Sorry its been so long. I guess we'll have to make up for lost time! :)

Wraith11
Jul 2nd, 2001, 03:53:17 PM
OOC: It's cool, I had some stuff to take care of at home anyway. *glares at his brother*

Garrett Blade
Jul 2nd, 2001, 04:52:03 PM
Garrett stands in the center of the training arena. It was a nice day. The sun poured through the evenly spaced pillars. The light shining through extented Garretts shadow to almost twenty foot long. He waited in the center of the arena, his Damascus Steel sword in his hand...awaiting his disciples arrival...

Wraith11
Jul 3rd, 2001, 07:26:15 AM
Samuel walked inside the training grounds and headed to where he could sense his master. Samuel walked up to where his master was and sawe that they where in the center of the training ground. He nodded politely to his master keeping his eyes on him still not knowing what he would do to him next.

Garrett Blade
Jul 3rd, 2001, 08:34:16 AM
Good afternoon my young learner. First, you shall learn to control a sword until it obeys your every command.

Samuel felt a tap on his back and spun around in fright. He saw a sword floating in the air...

Wraith11
Jul 3rd, 2001, 06:45:39 PM
Samuel stared at the sword. It was nearly razor sharp. He kept his mind focused and fear out of him. If he let his fear or anger take to much control of him he would end up dead and he had no intention of that happening. He moved and grabbed the sword handle. He turned and dropped to the ground in a defensive and offensive posture being ready to attack first or block his master's attack.

Garrett Blade
Jul 5th, 2001, 03:12:02 PM
Garrett slashed downwards with his sword. Samuel brought his sword forward to block. Both swords vibrated slightly from the hit, yet Garrett had no problem in keeping control of it. Samuel, however had some difficulty, but recovered quickly. Garrett then spun around 360 degrees and lashed out with his Damascus steel blade once again. Samuel barely parried the hit, but Garrett cunningly spun right rounf the other way, slashing Samuel across the top of his other arm. A small gash oozed out blood, but it wasn't too bad - Garrett didn't want to injure his apprentice too much in their first real sparring session.

You're doing well...but you have much to learn. Had that been a saber, that arm would be missing right now!

Samuel carressed his wounded shoulder, whilst trying to maintain full control of the blade in his hand. Garrett had cautiously taken several paces backwards, away from Samuel. He then advanced on Samuel with a series of low somersaults, his black cape flowing wildly behind him as he went. Garrett finally jumped high, somersaulting up into the air. He then brought his weapon down upon Samuel, who respondently stuck his weapon up into the air. Inches away from being impaled, Garrett's body shifted backwards and he somersaulted away from danger, landing several feet away in a defensive posture...

Wraith11
Jul 9th, 2001, 05:26:33 PM
Samuel panted softly breathing in and out deeply. He moved slightly and than had a plan in his head. He blocked it off with barriers and than came at his Master. His last Master had never had him fight like this...he loved it. He came at his Master suddenly with a burst of speed planning on rushing him suddenly he fell to the ground with a bloody cheek bone. He touched the wound and held back the pain. He got up and brought his sword from his left side and his Master blocked it. He came at him again in another attack and his Master also blocked it. Samuel was not used to this. Everyone he had ever fought in his life had been pathetically weak compared to him. He slashed and jabbed determined to not give up.

Garrett Blade
Jul 14th, 2001, 06:30:10 AM
Garrett jumped towards Samuel, thrusting his sword forwards as he landed. Although Sameul parried the thrust, Garrett continued by swinging the sword to his right. he continued and spun so as to finish with his back to Samuel. Sameul, as Garrett had suspected, took the opportunity to stike Garrett in the back. Garrett brought his sword high up and over his back, blocking Samiel's sword with a clang. he then bacdkhanded ameul in the face, causing him to stumble backwards several feet. Garrett turned around again and spoke to his disciple...

You're doing well Samuel. But you are still not concentrating hard enough. This may sound silly, but you need to fear me. Fear me to the extent that you do not wish to die by my sword. That fear will anger you. COncentrate that anger into your movements and your attacks. That way, you will strike out at me with your hate - and that is what will make you powerful in battle - against all foes..

Garrett beckoned his disciple forward with a simple hand gesture...

Wraith11
Jul 19th, 2001, 11:56:20 AM
Samuel had never feared anyone he had just let his aner take control. But his Master spoke truth he ahd to fear him if he wanted to survive in a real fight. Suddenly he felt emotions that he had blocked out as a child. He took a step back and suddenly fear, rage, and anger blended into one and he felt odd inside himself. He lifted his hand and came at his Master moving at him with full force. He slashed with his sword feeling anger burn inside him rowing stronger. He also felt fear for what his Master could possibly do to him if he failed him. He slashed and jabbed constantly letting his anger guide him.

Garrett Blade
Jul 21st, 2001, 08:48:28 AM
Good Samuel! Thats much better! here's another small lesson of words that will be invaluable to you in the future...

Garrett spoke clearly as he deflected each hit...

Fear is what ultimately drives us. A small squirrel in the wilderness. Striving each day to stay alive. Fear of death. It is that fear that drives the squirrel to continue. And it is the same in all creatures. So without fear, there is no point in carrying on. Without the threat of death there's no reason to live at all!

Garrett spun around, allowing his cloak to flap violently. It made him harder to hit for a few seconds. Garrett arrived back again facing Samuel and thrust forwards with his sword. The sword cut extremely deep. Samuel was undoubtedly bleeding internally. Blood flowed from the wound Garrett had created. And his stomach had been punctured deeply. He fell to one knee in pain as his master spoke to him...

With that wound untreated - you WILL die. And I will not care. However, I shall heal it sufficiently so as to allow you to make it to the medical sector by yourself as long as I am satisfied you are trying your very hardest. So its up to you - fight or die!

Wraith11
Jul 22nd, 2001, 07:19:30 AM
Samuel layed on the ground in pain. He concentrated that pain. He felt anger soar through him, he pushed himself up holdign the sword still and released that anger in slashes. He feared he would die if he didn't continue fighting but he didn't fear death he didn't know why he just felt like it was empty there where he possibly would fear death it was like a black vortex.

"I would rather fight than die."

He said through in a raspy voice still struggling to breath.

Garrett Blade
Jul 22nd, 2001, 04:59:34 PM
Garrett stood roughly twelve metres in front of Samuel. He was staring right into his soul. Trying to decipher whether or not Samuel meant what he said. Then, Garrett raised his arm over his shoulder and pulled back with the sword pointing at Samuel...

Prove it!

Then, the sword flew through the air towards Samuel at an incredible speed...

Wraith11
Jul 23rd, 2001, 06:36:32 AM
Samuel suddenly moved out of the way dodging the sword He rolled on the ground and felt more anger and rage fill him. He glared at the man and and released his anger. The next thing he remembered was blurry and he was moving at his Master and slashing at his mid section.

Garrett Blade
Jul 23rd, 2001, 06:40:20 AM
Garrett arched his back, bringing his stomach in to him, so as to avoid the slash. He then recalled his sword into his hand and smacked Samuel on the forehead with the hilt, causing him to stumble backwards...

Pathetic!!! I want to see you try!

Samuel Horn
Aug 27th, 2001, 08:43:01 AM
OOC: haven't had much time to lately.

IC: Samuel got up to his feet. He felt blood in his mouth and spit it out. He breathed in deeply than took a proper posture. He than ran at his Master hatred and fea for what he could inflict on him was more than he had ever had for anyone. No one had ever beaten him this bad that he could remember and he would not let someone make a fool out of him. He brought his sword down than up slashing and jabbing at Garrett. His fear and anger f=controllign every movement in his body.