PDA

View Full Version : The training of Galen Thornheart....

videl1999
Apr 12th, 2001, 11:04:06 AM
::Videl scans the training grounds as she waits for Galen and her panther and wolf wait with her::

Galen Thornheart
Apr 13th, 2001, 08:56:53 PM
Galen entered the training grounds and looked around, not in the least bit nervous. He needed this...he had a silver light saber, given him by Darth Midian (most likely stolen from another hapless victim), but he had no discipline. He absentmindedly patted the metal cylinder beneath his tunic.

From across the grounds, he spotted the one he sought. He approached Videl, keeping a relatively healthy distance from her guardians. He knew, from his experience with his sister, that animal companions were not to be messed with.

videl1999
Apr 13th, 2001, 09:10:40 PM
*smirks slightly noticing Galen keeping his distance from her pets* they don't attack unless I tell them to...so what do you want to learn first? the ways of the force? or would you rather spar for awhile?

Galen Thornheart
Apr 14th, 2001, 12:31:48 PM
Galen glared slightly at her. He did not fear animals...he simply had a great respect for them.

"I want to learn everything there is to know about being a sith. I want to learn to fight, and to win. And I want to become a skilled warrior, not just a pawn in someone else's hands, as I was before."

videl1999
Apr 14th, 2001, 09:02:26 PM
hehe, don't glare at me, I didn't mean that as an insult...I will train you to be a good warrior, trust me, you won't be a pawn here, I myself was a pawn and I won't allow that to happen to anyone else again...

OOC: be a little more specific please, what do you want to learn first? I will teach you all that I know but it's easier when the person gives me an idea of what they wish to start with.....

Galen Thornheart
Apr 15th, 2001, 04:02:30 PM
Galen relaxed a little at her easy manner.

"Good, I am glad to hear that. Bad experiences, that's all..."

He shook his head.

"Might we start with a lesson on what it means to be a sith? I am curious to know what we stand for."

videl1999
Apr 17th, 2001, 11:03:38 AM
Well that varies from person, some might say we stand for power, money and greed(Jedi opinion) still others would say we stand for all that is evil, but from my experience, what a Sith stands for will vary. Some Sith fight for revenge, still others fight for power, others may fight because it's all they know in life, and some fight simply for themselves....

Galen Thornheart
Apr 17th, 2001, 06:04:39 PM
"I suppose that I would fall under the category of fighting because it is all that I know."

He looked at her curiously.

"What sort of sith are you, Videl?"

videl1999
Apr 18th, 2001, 10:59:15 AM
I guess I would fall under the same category, I was raised to be an assassin which is what I spent most of my life doing until I met the Sith, but I guess I mainly fight for fun or to protect my allies nowadays....

OOC: would you rather move on to some sort of training now?

Galen Thornheart
Apr 18th, 2001, 02:36:26 PM
Galen nodded his head that he understood.

"It is good to get to know one another before the true training, I suppose. Would you teach me to truly use this now?"

He held up the dormant cylinder of metal that was his silver lightsaber.

videl1999
Apr 19th, 2001, 11:42:06 AM
Yes, I can teach you that, well let's see what you already know....*takes out her saber and ignites it, it glows brightly with a sky blue hue* now feel free to attack me and I will correct you as we go....

Galen Thornheart
Apr 19th, 2001, 05:52:25 PM
Galen held up the saber and ignited it. The silver blade burned coldly as he regarded it, thinking. How could he begin?

Then he thought he knew. He lowered his blade as though resting it, but instead quickly jabbed at the shoulder of her saber-wielding arm.

videl1999
Apr 20th, 2001, 11:05:37 PM
*Videl kicks Galen in the groin, sending him back a few feet* lesson one, don't maim your master....*And while not even wincing once, Videl pulls his saber out of her shoulder and throws it at Galen's feet. She briefly mutters something in her native language and her wound heals and fades away as if it was never there. She then waits for him to attack again*

Galen Thornheart
Apr 22nd, 2001, 05:33:59 AM
Galen stood quite still for a moment, willing away the pain. What was with women and that area?! Then he bent to pick up his saber, stood up straight again and looked more warily at her. This was going to be difficult, he could tell.

He relit the saber and searched for a vulnerable spot. Her bent defensive leg perhaps... He charged toward her and at the last moment, dropped down and tried to sweep that leg out from under her.

videl1999
Apr 24th, 2001, 07:40:53 AM
*Videl blocks with her saber then backhands Galen across his face* lesson two: try to leave your opponent guessing, pretend to be aiming for one spot then attack another, and also remember, even while blocking you aren't completely safe, other fighters will still attack while blocking.....

Galen Thornheart
Apr 28th, 2001, 03:16:34 PM
Galen listened intently, taking in the lesson and truly thinking on it.

"What do you say to attacking me a little so I can try that blocking thing? That way I can learn block and attack at the same time."

videl1999
Apr 28th, 2001, 09:37:32 PM
hmm, I guess....*does a backflip kick to Galen's face* opps, I guess that was a little surprising...hmm, well to block you must know with what and how to, that for instance can be simply dodged or can be attacked back in a similar way such as when you noticed me leave the ground, you should have immediately tried to attack me back...almost anything can be blocked if you know how, just like any attack can be countered with an equal or stronger attack...*sighs* it's a little bit hard to explain really since there is so many different ways, there's with your own body, another weapon, dodging and simply attacking so brutually that your opponent has no oppertunity to attack back.....

Galen Thornheart
May 3rd, 2001, 03:55:54 PM
"Yes, yes. So if I jumped out of the way and spun around with my saber to your exposed back..."

He thought for a moment, wondering what Videl would think of that maneuver.

videl1999
May 4th, 2001, 09:00:58 PM
yes, that would be a good move but not to use on me again, although I would probably block it in time, I have countless weapons on my person.....how I see it, one can never have too many weapons, I have seen many a warrior die because they tried to get the their lost weapon in the heat of battle...that is something you must never do, never go for your weapon if you lose it and never turn your back except to a corpse....you can't just focus your skills on just one weapon lest it be taken away, you can always fight hand to hand or draw another weapon....*Videl reaches up and pulls one of her hairbeads off and holds it out in her hand* this for example, looks like an oridinary hairbead, right? *Videl pushes a small button on the side of it and 5 inches blade appears from inside of it* like I said, you can never have too many weapons......

OOC: one note on the backslashing thing, at the battleground we have a rule against maiming...you can attack brutually but don't cause fatal wounds.....do you have AIM? and if so, can you post the name?

videl1999
May 11th, 2001, 08:23:56 PM
OOC: bump...still here, Galen? I haven't seen you around in several days....

Galen Thornheart
May 13th, 2001, 11:36:30 AM
OOC: Sorry. I had a band tour to go on and I did not have a chance to post my absence. My AIM is Dragonwing25, but I am not on it much.

IC: Galen was very much surprised to see the hidden weapons on his master. He had thought there might be a knife hidden somewhere in her boot, but in her hair? How interesting.

"I shall keep that in mind. I had been thinking about carrying a concealed weapon of my own, but it seemed like a Jedi-ish thing to do."

He wrinkled his nose in disgust.

videl1999
May 14th, 2001, 11:18:34 AM
OOC: okay, just wondering where you were...

*reads Galen thoughts for a moment* The less noticable the weapon is the less likely that it will be taken away or noticed by the enemy, I like to keep my enemies always guessing but the hairbead thing is something they never expect since it's not something most people have heard of. And from my experience, most Jedi don't carry concealed weapons, most of them fight primary with sabers or hand to hand whenever necessary. Concealed weapons are always useful, I've killed many due to the fact that they were unprepared for it and they can also be helpful when captured, a knife can slice through or stab through any locking device. So trust me, weapons are always useful, especially since sabers are easily broken, even a strong apprentice can crush a saber.....

Galen Thornheart
May 15th, 2001, 12:25:41 PM
Galen nodded his head thoughtfully.

"I see. I will never be fooled by a concealed weapon...I will be the one prepared."

He looked around at the other masters and their apprentices.

"What next?"

videl1999
May 16th, 2001, 11:17:07 AM
good to hear...next? well that can be up to you, you can either conutinue sparring and learning from me or if you feel that you're ready, you can go seek out a Jedi at the battleground for your first battle.....

Galen Thornheart
May 16th, 2001, 11:45:05 AM
"I don't know if I am ready to face a jedi just yet, but I would like to try some new things, perhaps devise some moves of my own. Would it be alright with you if I practice on my own for a while? I will call you if I need help."

videl1999
May 16th, 2001, 02:59:17 PM
that's fine, feel free to ask if you have any further questions....

OOC: do you have a sig, Galen? If not, I can refer to someone who could make you one....

Galen Thornheart
May 18th, 2001, 06:45:08 PM
OOC: I am learning how to make one. Hopefully I will have one soon.

Galen bowed to Videl to thank her for her training and exited the thread, to practice and hone his newly learned skills.