PDA

View Full Version : Jeseth's Training

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 6th, 2001, 06:53:24 AM
;; Enters the room and awaits the arrival of his master, Darth Tholuem. ;;

Darth Tholuem
Jan 6th, 2001, 01:24:20 PM
*Enters, suspecting to see nobody, but looks up surprised as he sees his apprentice waiting in the middle of the room.*

'Hmmm... How long've you been here? And I left before you did...? Oh well. Well, I'm gonna start off with seeing how well you fight, just physical strength, no Force Powers; I will teach you how to draw strength from the Force, how to use the Force etc later on...'

*Ignites his saber.*

'Show me what you've got.'

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 6th, 2001, 08:36:42 PM
;; Jeseth closed his eyes and took a breath as he reached down and unclipped Disorder from his belt. The red beam came to life as he looked foward into his new master's eyes. It was never his style to make the first move, but he would follow Darth Tholuem's order.

He moved foward and swung his lightsaber toward's Tholuem's neck, attempting to drive it down through his chest--and almost making his mark. He moved Disorder in an intricate web of patterns, his master blocking most of his attacks. For a while he attempted to let his awareness guide him, but his master seemed to know his movements before he made them. Only one other person he had sparred reminded him of it: Prince Xizor.

Jeseth swung his saber down towards Darth Tholuem's mid section, then brought his arm up and landed the side of his handle into his master's chest, the fine blade penetrating through his flesh. Tholuem brought his saber up to Jeseth's middle and the apprentice fell backwards towards the floor. ;;

Darth Tholuem
Jan 7th, 2001, 04:41:39 AM
As his apprentice fell down, Tholuem took a look at his chest and noted that he had been able to make a cut, but it wasn't deep and was deffinately not gonna screw up his fighting. He looked at Jeseth and started to move closer and closer, Jeseth crawling backwards in the end. Then Tholuem started talking to him through the Force:

What're you doing huh? Crawling...
Get up. Wanna be Sith? Act like one!

And as he said that, Jeseth bumped his head to the wall which he had neared now. Tholuem got a smirk on his face, and charged for Jeseth...

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 7th, 2001, 05:01:10 AM
;; Jeseth backed into the wall and rolled out of the way as DT charged him. He left his leg planted and brought up his right arm to block the oncoming strike of his master's saber, then parried him off his balance and moved out of the way. He waited for DT's next move vigilantly, his anger seeming to manifest it's self brightly in his eyes. ;;

Darth Tholuem
Jan 7th, 2001, 07:03:10 AM
Tholuem nods and starts to speak again:

"Let all the hate, anger, rage and aggression lead you. Do not let it take over, but let it lead you. If you do it right, the Force will help you get stronger. Use it. And never, ever, forget it. "

Tholuem runs at Jeseth and before he has any idea of what's happening, he's smacked against the wall, then feels a foot coming in hard, in his back. Then Tholuem pulls back his foot and allows Jeseth falls to the ground again...

"Now, get up and attack me again."

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 7th, 2001, 09:28:55 AM
;; Jeseth rises up with his hand over his stomach and releases the pain. The pain doesn't matter. Only his objective now. He feels the anger growing in him and strikes at DT relentlessly, finally knocking his master to the ground. As he goes foward for another strike, he loses sight of his objective and stops thinking, it was all the slip up Tholuem needed. Jeseth found himself quickly knocked to the ground. He regained his footing, focusing this time on using his anger, and letting it course through him. He could feel it keeping him strong and blocked Darth Tholuem's beam as it came for his head, then crescent kicked him in the side and back away, standing in a defensive position. ;;

Darth Tholuem
Jan 12th, 2001, 08:08:06 AM
Tholuem looks up at Jeseth with a satisfied look on his face. He nods and thinks, then speaks.

You did a good job Jeseth, I see you are very well capable of both defending yourself, and attacking others. Now, before we go on with any more fighting, you will be taught a couple of Force Powers, which you'll train more, by using them in your fighting with me, which will continue after I taught you these... Starting with Force Lifting. And try to throw in some Force-Pulling as well will ya... And, this'll also exist out of basic strength training...

Jeseth turns around quickly as he heard lots of of sound emerge from the horizon, which could be seen because one wall of the room had been knocked out, now giving a view on the landscape. As the two watched the horizon, big boulders were seen, heading for the two Sith at high speed. When they were as close as Tholuem wanted them to be, he stopped using the Force; so the boulders were all dropped onto the ground. There were 10 of them and they made a loud noise falling onto the ground, which shook heavily after they'd hit the ground.

Jeseth, I want you to go up there, and bring me all of the boulders and put them against the walls here. With 5 of them, you are allowed to use the Force, try to lift them, like I just did, then Force-Pull them, or Force-Push them. If you want me to show you again, tell me when I am done speaking to you...
But, the other 5 must be brought to me with just physical strength, no using the Force then. Do you understand me? If so, start and do not diappoint me, if not, tell me; also tell me what exactly you do not get.

Tholuem stepped backwards and waited for his apprentice to respond...

OOC: This was done in hurry, so it mught be possible there some weird things in it, cuz I didn't get the chance to check the post... If so, I'll edit it later.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 13th, 2001, 01:24:36 AM
Jeseth watched the boulders rolled to a stand still and blinked, unsure of his ability to perform the task at hand. He could indeed use the Force in such a way, but he had never attempted it on anything as large...

He nodded regardless of his doubt and silently began to walk towards the boulders, stopping a short distance away and to the side of them. Jeseth closed his eyes, the area around him still quite visible to him through the Force. He could feel it as well as he could hear the wind blowing by his ears.

His eyes opened as his hand rose up to meet his gaze, the stone moving into the air. It slid across towards the wall at a steady pace and carefully set it's self down. The second one rolled toward's the wall and slammed into it as he motion it with his hand. He repeated the process with the third and fourth, then stopped. He would have a bit more fun with the fith one. After this, the fun certainly was over.

Jeseth unclipped his saber and boomeranged it towards the rock. His hand twitched as the saber made a circle and came back directly after passing through the boulder, again slicing into smaller sections. Jeseth picked them up and carried them back, laying them in their own stack against the wall. He examined the remaining boulders and took a deep breath, walking back towards them...

Now for the hard part, he thought to himself, staring at the massive chunks of rock.

OOC: Same with my post.

Darth Tholuem
Jan 13th, 2001, 06:48:04 AM
A smile appeared on Tholuem's face as he saw Jeseth slicing the 5th boulder into pieces, then bringing them to the walls they were supposed to be at. He thought of his own training with Gav, when he crushed those two boulders to pieces by himself... He might let Jeseth do that later, he did a good job with this already. So far at least, because there were still 5 boulders left. And no Force to be used.... Maybe he'd give his apprentice some rest, and not let him carry all of the left boulders. Maybe they'll even take a break from training after this, although Tholuem did want Jeseth to use this in a little fight, with him. He'd ask his apprentice if he wanted to carry on later...

OOC: I don't even know if this is of any realism, 10 boulders. But what the heck :) I crushed 2 of em in my training, I guess you should be able to do some stuff like that too, that includes this

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 13th, 2001, 12:51:23 PM
Jeseth leaned up against one of the remaining boulders and began to put his entire body into it. The boulder nudged slowly as he gritted his teeth and growled. All his muslces seemed to tense, nearly bursting from his frame and teaming with beads of sweat. Darth Tholuem watched as the sixth boulder slid slowly into place and Jeseth turned back and headed towards the others.

He looked up at the boulder. It towered him at least three feet. His face still showed little expression as he put the flat of his palms against it and began to push. Tholuem watched as the boulder began to slowly move from it's place. Jeseth's hands streaked blood across the jagged surface of the thing as it finally came to it's resting place by the wall. The apprentice headed back for the next rock and attempted a similar feat, but this time his hands were far too slippery to brace the surface of the stone.

Blood covered his arms as he continued in his attempt, this time leaning against it with his back and pushing with his legs. After several minutes it finally began to journey with him, leaving a trail of torn plants and displaced dirt.

He repeated this again with the fourth stone and Tholuem noticed the logn trail of blood he left behind. He reached the fith stone and leaned against it, but nothing happened for slong moments. Tholuem walked over and noticed that Jeseth was passed out against the rock.

Darth Tholuem
Jan 13th, 2001, 02:52:07 PM
Tholuem looked at his apprentice laying there, unconscious and then started to develop this feeling he did something stupid, he tired his apprentice out, totally... He knew it would be a great achievement if Jeseth would've made it, and stayed fine after it too, but he also knew it was too hard. And it would be for any apprentice. How could I even have thought of moving 10 boulders?! Jeez. And, still, he had let Jeseth go on and on. He felt .... guilty, stupid. He sighed...

First thing he had to do now, is get Jeseth back to normal, as healthy and strong as he'd been before. He picked him up and gently threw him over his shoulders, and started walking out of the training grounds, heading for Jeseth's room. He'd pick up some bacta on the way...

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 13th, 2001, 11:51:03 PM
Jeseth arrived back at the training grounds as soon as he could walk. He felt worthless... How had he failed his master?

The rock stood motionless where he had left it and the air whispered into his ear as it passed. he began to walk towards it and placed his hands against it. The boulder stood at least twice his height, yet it was moving now. He gritted his teeth and almost yelled out as his hands (not fully healed) began to bleed once more. The rock reached it's destination and Jeseth collapsed to his knees, his breath drawn deep and fast.

He awaited his master's to arrival, hoping that he would gain back his respect.

Darth Tholuem
Jan 14th, 2001, 09:52:05 AM
Tholuem had been told Jeseth had been seen walking towards the Training Grounds, so as soon as possible, he made his way there... Once he arrived, he once again saw a trail of blood from where the last boulder had stood, to where... it now was. With Jeseth leaning against it, on his knees, breathing heavily and with trouble. He sighed and looked at the ground for a moment. Then lifted his head back up with a smile, looking at Jeseth.

'Jeseth... Do not think you disappointed me. The task I wanted you to do was hard and I knew that you would have trouble fulfilling it. But, yesterday afternoon, when you moved 9 out of 10 boulders, I was impressed. Really. You did a good job, it was my ... fault I gave you a task which was too hard. And now, the first thing you do when being capable of moving, and stuff like that, normally again, is getting rid of this last boulder here. If you had been thinking you had lost my respect, stop that. Because you did not...'

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 14th, 2001, 11:03:25 AM
Jeseth looked up and rose to his feet. He wiped the blood off on his cloak and bowed formally.

"I simply did not wish to fail you, my master. There is no excuse for it..."

Jeseth stayed bowed and awaited Tholuem's order.

Darth Tholuem
Jan 14th, 2001, 02:00:11 PM
'It's okay now Jeseth, forget all about it. I really don't think you need to be punished now, or anything like that. Of course I had expected you to complete my tasks, but I also knew it'd be hard for you to actually complete them.

Now, forget about this.
Okay, just one thing I got to say; ....I'd still like you not to do this again, because it did certainly not make me feel any 'better'. I don't feel the need for punishment this time, or a hard time or anything like that, but I will not like you failing me again. I might not've made this very clear before by saying it was okay, which it is, don't get me wrong, but I do not like it...

Anyway, lets carry on with your training now, if you can carry on normally...

Looks at Jeseth's hands.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 14th, 2001, 03:56:54 PM
Jeseth looks down at his hands as well, then unclips his saber and ignites it. Smoke rises up from his hands as he cauterizes the wounds and holds in the pain. It can only make him stronger now...

"I'm prepaired to go on."

Darth Tholuem
Jan 15th, 2001, 09:50:26 AM
Tholuem looked at his apprentice and just blinked as he saw him cauterize his wounded hands, with his saber. He thought of how he had never before needed to do this to himself and had no idea how much that hurt... But he was sure it wasn't good. He looked at Jeseth's ignited training saber and Force-Pulled it out of his hands, disignited it and dropped it near the door of the 'room'.

'That's great Jeseth, really. Your perseverance is of a great level, I like it. Now, yesterday, you learned, if it all went good and you did what I asked, 2 Force Powers; Force-Push and Force-Pull. You used em on the boulders. Now, before I want you to fight me again, using these 2 powers, I actually want you to learn to try and 'master' another one; Force-Lifting. Yes, it's one that is important, and that you will probably use a lot. First, you'll just be lifting some smaller stuff, including me, but later on in your training, you will be asked to lift heavier, bigger stuff. And when I say bigger, I mean BIGGER. Be prepared for some huge stuff...'

The door opens and some stones are brought in, 2 droids, a stack of books on top of each other, 2 lightsabers, as well as a wine glass, filled, which is kept in total balance by Tholuem, who was using the Force for all these attributes at once, not spilling anything of the wine. The stones were the things Tholuem brought to Jeseth first...

'Jeseth, destroy these, do not touch them psychically, use the Force... If I let go of them, you take over, hold them in the air, in peace, then just swing them to where ever you wish, though, in my and your sight. Destroy them too.
After that you'll get some more interesting stuff. This should be a piece of cake for you.'

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 15th, 2001, 11:44:16 AM
OOC: Heeeey.... that wasn't my training saber. :p That was my real saber.

Jeseth watched his master, wondering how he could so easily control all of these objects and not loose focus while he conversed with him. It amazed him... but perhaps in time he could as well achieve this level of experience. in fact, he would begin practicing now.

The apprentice nodded to Tholuem and kept his eyes on the stones. They dropped for a second as his master released them, but quickly stopped and held in their place. Jeseth squinted his eyes and a burst of light erupted from his saber. It jumped off the ground and went through both of the stones, returning to his hand. Small ashes and bits of the rocks drifted to the floor as he clipped the saber to belt and grinned. His hand felt the sharp sting of Disorder's impact, but he locked it out of his mind.

Darth Tholuem
Jan 16th, 2001, 10:24:34 AM
OOC: Hehe, sorry :p

IC: He nodded.

Very good Jeseth. Now, something that requires a little more 'precise' handling...

As he said that, the wine glass Tholuem had held in the air all through the time, moved towards Jeseth.

Another easy one, not harder then the previous one, but now, try to hold it up in total balance, I don't want any of this spilled, okay? If I let it go, you'll keep it up, nothing'll get wasted. And if you want to please me best, try not to even move the wine in it, like I'm holding it now, as if it's standing on a table. Here ya go.

As Tholuem let go of it ..

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 16th, 2001, 01:19:07 PM
Jeseth tried to hold the glass up with the Force, exherting his will upon it. He had never simply "taken" and object out of anyone's control as Tholuem requested of him now. The glass teatered slightly as he concentrated, attemtping to keep it under his control. He focused hard on it and the liquid inside stayed calm and placid, but the container it's self somehow still managed to move. For a moment it seemed as if it would be spilled, but then he finally managed to keep it steady. His eyes aligned with an invisible horizon underneath the glass. It was still...

He lost focus and a drop spilled to the ground, the glass quickly regaining it's stability. He glared at the object angrily.

Darth Tholuem
Jan 23rd, 2001, 07:03:09 AM
OOC: Jeseth, I'm sorry, but as you've seen, I haven't replied to your training. That's because I haven't been online at all, since I have very little time to spend on my comp... But, you can expect a reply this weekend.

I have posted nothing lately either :(

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 23rd, 2001, 03:00:06 PM
OOC: Thanx for letting me know at least... :) I'll check it around then. Thanx again!

Darth Tholuem
Jan 27th, 2001, 02:51:52 PM
Tholuem looked at his apprentice, was about to tell him how great he did, when Jeseth lost control of the glass. Tholuem closed his eyes and sighed, but, as soon as he opened em, he saw that Jeseth had full control of it again. He brought his hand up to his face, rubbed his chin and went through his hair. He looked at Jeseth, who was still busy with the glass of wine, now keeping it in total balance. He decided not to get angry, instead, he told Jeseth to leave now and practice this in his room, until he could keep it up for as long as he wanted to, and not half-full like the way it is now, but completely filled. Jeseth nodded...

'Jeseth, if you can do what I want you to do, then get back, I'll be here waiting for you...'

Jeseth Cloak
Feb 1st, 2001, 05:03:37 PM
The apprentice made his way back into the training grounds, seeking out Darth Tholuem carefully and attempting to remain unseen by others. As he walked, the glass floated next to him, perfectly balanced as he moved.

Darth Tholuem
Feb 16th, 2001, 10:13:27 AM
OOC: Sorry for the lateness :(

IC:

Tholuem was leaning against one of the room's walls, as he waited for Jeseth to get back to him. Quite some time had passed, and Tholuem had left the room before, and walked around a bit, thinking... Now he was back, and waiting for his apprentice to arrive. He knew Jeseth was done, and could deffinately keep the glass in balance, but he hadn't shown him this yet. That's why they were he again after all...

As Jeseth came in, Tholuem looked up, and a smile appeared on his face when he noticed the glass that entered the room, after Jeseth. Tholuem nodded and cracked his knuckles. Then spoke:

'Well well well, Jeseth. I see you mastered this little trick? Good, good... Now, please, put away the glass, as now we continue with fighting again, Force Powers allowed. At least, the three you just learned, and if you have taught yourself some stuff, then show me...'

Tholuem took control of the glass, and smashed it onto the ground. Then looked back at Jeseth again and attacked his apprentice, by Force Pushing his whole body onto the ground. Then he lifted him up again and put him safely on his feet.

'Now, attack me Jeseth...'

Jeseth Cloak
Feb 19th, 2001, 05:30:31 AM
Jeseth's eyes went wide as he was caught off gaurd by Tholuem's sudden attack. He reached down for his saber, but then pulled his hand away and brought it back up towards his master. Tholuem felt a powerful blow at his stomach impact him like a fist of compressed air. Jeseth made a quick charge for him with a burst of alacrity obviously granted to him by the Force, prepaired to activate his saber within a moments notice.