PDA

View Full Version : *If I ever lose my faith in you*

Garrett Blade
Nov 17th, 2000, 04:40:17 PM
*Garrett lies awake in his bed at TSO palace. The moonlight shines through the open window as the gentle wind caresses the curtains and rustles the bed-clothes slightly. Thousands of thoughts rush through his mind all at one, making it difficult for himself to sleep. He suddenly sits up in his bed and walks quickly to his desk and switches on the light. He activates his computer terminal and begins typing away on the keyboard, with a hopeful look in his eyes*

Garrett Blade:[/i] "Now, where do I start???"

You could say I lost my faith in science and progress
You could say I lost my belief in the forcely-ways
You could say I lost my sense of direction
You could say all of this and worse, but
If I ever lose my faith in you
There'd be nothing left for me to do

Some would say I was a lost man in a lost world
You could say I lost my faith in the people on holo-TV
You could say I'd lost my belief in our diplomats
They all seemed like game show hosts to me
I could be lost inside their lies without a trace
But every time I close my eyes I see your face

I never saw no miracle of science
That didn't go from a blessing to a curse
I never saw no military solution
That didn't always end up as something worse, but
Let me say this first

*Garrett sits up after 3 hours and saves the file...*

[b]Garrett Blade: "Computer, transmit to Lady De'Ville's message files. Log off!"

*Garrett stands up and stretches his arms out above and behind his head. He then gets dressed and leaves the palace to take a walk with Fenix, leaving Shiva to rest - who has not been herself lately.....*

Lady DeVille
Nov 19th, 2000, 07:04:18 PM
*De'Ville was sitting on her bed inspecting a dark bruise on her upper arm from a battle on the training grounds, when the message came from Blade. She read it silently and quickly.

She shook her head slowly.* Blood and ashes!

*Unexplained fear and anger exploded in her body, and she found herself running out of the Palace, running and running. Her door hung haphazardly on its hinges from the force with which she had opened it, and the message was still on her computer screen. But she was gone.

She ran through the discussion chamber --it was empty at this hour of the night-- and her footfalls echoed through the halls of the training grounds. De'Ville reached her private ship, a TIE Interceptor called "My Vengence," and boarded, running the preflights and punching numbers for a random jump to hyperspace. She was running away...but from what?

She barely knew herself...she just knew she had to leave.*

Live Wire
Nov 19th, 2000, 07:10:21 PM
*LW wakes up sensing the turmoil in her fried and turns on the communications system in her room and relays a message to DeVilles ship*

It's me Live Wire. Are you all right????

Lady Vader
Nov 19th, 2000, 08:03:17 PM
*LV is in the hangar bay tinkering with her Advanced TIE Interceptor when she sees LD storm in, jump in her ship, and somewhat recklessly take off*

*she blinks*

what was THAT all about??

*still perplexed, she goes back to tinkering... eventually LD will confide in her former master as to what is bothing her... LV will just get the details then*

Lady DeVille
Nov 19th, 2000, 10:46:26 PM
*Hyperspace claims My Vengance , and De'Ville is lost amidst starlines and her own turbulent thoughts.

...he is getting too close...

A single hot tear traces a line down her cheek.*

Live Wire
Nov 19th, 2000, 11:20:55 PM
*LW swears as the sensors report DeVille's jump to hyperspace. She had a feeling she knew what caused LD to freak out the way she did and she didn't like it.

Garrett Blade hears a knock at his door and when he goes to answer it LW storms past him and stands with her arms crossed in the middle of his room*

What the hell did you do??

Lady DeVille
Nov 20th, 2000, 03:55:19 PM
*Lost amidst the stars, De'Ville slept uneasily in the pilot chair, knees pulled up under her chin.

A red light started blinking from the console. Then a blue light alternated with it, throwing strange colors on De'Ville's face.

She woke up suddenly, terror captivating her bones. The blinking lights greeted her, and she threw herself towards the panel in front of her before she realized what they were.

Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, De'Ville flicked a switch and read Live Wire's message. She slammed her hand into the console, and too late realized that she should be careful what she hit. With a screech of stressed durasteel, the My Vengence was torn from hyperspace. De'Ville hit her head on the console, opening up a two inch long cut on her forehead.

Blood ran into her right eye, temporarily blinding her.

She cursed, and quickly ripped her sleeve off, binding it around her head in a crude field dressing. Grabbing the controls of the Interceptor, De'Ville checked the engines.

::Hyperdrive Offline::

Blood, and bloody ashes! *De'Ville kicked her chair, and then checked the star charts for the nearest system. She was pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but if need be she could limp her way to Coruscant, the city-planet of her birth.*

[To be continued HERE: pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstit...D=54.topic (http://pub2.ezboard.com/fswvstitanicfrm13.showMessage?topicID=54.topic)]