PDA

View Full Version : An Overdue Visit

Morgan Evanar
Feb 5th, 2002, 08:17:34 PM
Light snow clung to the trees like children to their mothers, while the grey clouds above rubbed their heads and made more flakes that slowly drifted downwards.

Morgan had simply left the White Rhino Tea at Nar Shadda under the registration "Lor's Gamble" and paid a small fee to a frieghter captain inbound to Corellia to get him and his speeder there.

He neared the Sith Order's perimeter and killed the engine, drifting to a slow stop. While not exactly defended, the perimeter was monitored. TSO had always been rightly confident of their ability to defend themselves... except from themselves. Light around Morgan twisted until he was properly invisible.

With a neat leap, he cleared the perimeter fence and dashed into the wood.

An hour later, he looked up the northwest tower. It was cold and slick. Sleet storms, before it was cold enough to properly snow. The wind seemed to be shifting westward, which meant there would be more snow. The lake effect from Lesser Palivy Bay could be quite impressive.

The Jedi Master pulled his gloves off, ignoring the Force as best he could. It was a tradeoff between being spotted (not likely. The moon was at half faze and the clouds were thick.) and being picked up by the Sith Order's members. He lept up without the aide of the Force, claws finding purchase midway between the first and second floors, and slowly worked his way to the balcony three floors above.

As Catherine had promised, the door was unlocked. Morgan removed his boots outside, and stepped in.

Live Wire
Feb 5th, 2002, 08:49:32 PM
*She felt a cool breeze waft down the hallway and into the front room. She heared the balcony door click shut quietly. It was a sound she wouldn't have heared had she not been listening for it. Soft footfalls walked quietly over the carpet and though her back was too the door she smiled.*

Why don't you come in and get warm.

*She turned, still smiling. Her long black hair was loose over her shoulders A book she had been reading was on the floor by her chair and a warm fire was crackling in the corner. Walking over to him she embraced him tightly.*

I trust you didn't have any problems on the way?

Morgan Evanar
Feb 5th, 2002, 09:09:43 PM
Morgan let his face pull itself into a light smile as he wrapped his arms around her.

"No. I left the Tea at Nar Shadda." He released her, and ran his fingers gently along her jawline, in silent awe. The warm fire was relected in her black eyes.

Her eyes. He lost himself in them so easily. Morgan's hand dropped to his side. She was going to speak, but he held a finger to her lips for a moment before gently kissing her.

Live Wire
Feb 5th, 2002, 09:39:32 PM
*They kissed as the crackling fire bathed them in a warm orange glow. She had closed her mind of to everyone but him. The only thing that mattered was that he was here.

As the kiss ended she felt herself relax. Stress came with her position and it was only when she was with him that she could leave it all outside. She became a different person altogether. She took his hand and led him over to the fire.*

Would you like some wine? I put some on ice earlier this evening?

Morgan Evanar
Feb 6th, 2002, 09:39:34 AM
Morgan simply nodded as he sat in the armchair near hers. While not able to apreciate alcoholic beverages for the alcohol, some were quite good from a taste standpoint. Wine and good ale were something that should not be passed up.

"They say I'm a Jedi Master now." He sort of stated it matter-of-factly. It was a strange thing, the more he thought about it. Long ago he had decided that the lables didn't matter much. But he was curious as to how she would react.

Live Wire
Feb 6th, 2002, 08:45:11 PM
I know. It's a rank you've long deserved.

*She had kept her part in the whole ordeal quiet. How much he had been told she didn't know and it wasn't her place to say anything. She got up and poured wine into two glasses. The ruby colored liguid shined in the glow of the fire. Sitting on the arm of the chair she handed a glass to Morgan.*

Though I wonder what the jedi council would say to know that one of their master was sitting in a sith stronghold sharing a glass of wine with a sith master.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 6th, 2002, 10:22:08 PM
"Your skill is there, but you aren't that deep in the Dark Side, Catherine. I'm not sure you ever were. As for the council..." Morgan trailed off and shrugged. "They'd probably find it to be a curiosity, but not much more than that. I've got a record of taking care of myself."

He raised the glass to his lips and took a sip. "Mmmmm excellent. You've always had an eye for good wine." Smiling, he slipped his arm around her waist while wiggling his toes twoard the fire.

Live Wire
Feb 7th, 2002, 12:58:00 AM
*LW took a sip of the wine from her glass and a slight frown appeared on her face. Morgans words rang sharply through her head. "you aren't that deep in the Dark Side, Catherine. I'm not sure you ever were." She sat up and turned towards him.*

Morgan, I need to know something. Are you here because you still think you can turn me or are you here because you love me? Because if you're here thinking that Im not 100% sith then you're just fooling yourself. I'm no fallen angel, Morgan. This is who I am and I'm not going to change. I don't need or want a savior.

*She stopped talking afraid she had said to much. The words came out in one breath before she had time to think. Tact wasn't her best skill but she had meant to put that in a better way. But the words were out there now and there was no taking them back. It didn't matter how she had said it, she needed an answer.*

Morgan Evanar
Feb 7th, 2002, 12:06:23 PM
Morgan stood up, and turned twoard her, outstreched his right arm, and bowed.

He spoke as he rose, "Then I am a fool in love. Aye, my heart has been taken by a Sith, so I am twice the fool." His Taanabian accent coming on thick.

"We walk such different paths, it was silly for me to expect them to ever cross." The Jedi Master gulped down the remaining wine and placed the glass next to the chair. Moisture gathered around his eyes.

"Goodbye Catherine, I will miss you dearly. I'm sorry for the drama I've caused." He closed his eyes and turned, the light between them rippling and aranging itself so he could be unseen.

Live Wire
Feb 7th, 2002, 03:29:32 PM
*Shock didn't begin to cover her reaction. True she had suspected that there was more to his desire to be with her but she wasn't prepared for this. Standing up she threw her wine glass into the fire where it shattered against the wood, the flames leaped up to lick up the red liquid where it fell. She walked over to where she saw him disappear, even though she couldn't see him she could sense that he was still there.*

So thats it? You're just going to walk out like that?

*When she didn't hear an answer she crossed her arms indignantly.*

So was it all a lie? Are you just here to try and turn another Sith. Another mark on your Jedi score card? Is that what I am to you?

*she stomped her foot*

ANSWER ME EVANAR!

Morgan Evanar
Feb 7th, 2002, 03:59:49 PM
He whirled, reapearing. Twin saline drops flew from his face.

"nnNo DAMMIT." The light bending cutting into the first word, his accent in full force.

"My hope, Catherine... my hope had been that we could both just stop this bussiness, the Jedi, the Sith and just walk away. But to continue like this... its foolish and dangerous. I don't want it on my head or my hands that an NRSF commando decided to do the universe what he thought was a favor. They wait for the Sith to do something. This isn't fair for either of us."

"I love you, but it hurts too much between the scant hours we see each other between the long months. I can't wait anymore."

Live Wire
Feb 7th, 2002, 04:46:20 PM
*She looked at him stunned and slightly confused. It took a moment for her to realize what he was asking her to do. He was right, it wasn't fair. Nothing about this entire situation had ever been fair. But LW had discovered long ago that the universe would do whatever it could to keep you down, it was old news.*

You want me to leave TSO?

*It was more of a realization then a question. This had been her home for as long as she cared to remember. To leave it was something she had trouble wrapping her mind around. This was her home, the sith were her family. It was asking her to give up who she was. However she realized that he would be giving up just as much as she would be. Catherine walked over to him and took his hand.*

I'm sorry. This whole situation has been stacked against us from the beginning. We don't see each other as much as we would like, we sneak around when we can, but its never enough.

*she hesitated before continuing.*

But, I don't know if I can do what you're asking me to. THis is who I am. Im a sith Morgan, I've been one my whole life. Im proud of what I've built here! After years of struggling to find my place I found it! Now you're asking me to leave it all behind.

I love you Morgan, but there are some things I can't do.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 7th, 2002, 09:03:34 PM
"I know Catherine. I'll miss you. Maybe next time around the Greater Cycle." Rather abrubtly the light bent and he dissapeared.

"gOoodbyYee SiiTH MaassstER DaaAAllAmaar." There was a pause, and the balcony doors opened.

"Catherine." Somehow, it came through perfectly. The boots dissapeared, a shuffling and a faint thump soon followed.

Abrubtly, the wind blew the doors shut. A quiet metal clink resounded in the air.

Two imperfect wedding bands tumbled off the door handles, one slim and graceful with a red stone that shone radiant despite its imperfect cut. The other was a simple, wide band of silver, inside:

" As long as I wear this, I am bound to Catherine, through her life and her death, I will remember her truly and always.

Live Wire
Feb 8th, 2002, 02:27:26 PM
*She couldn't believe he was just giving up like that. They both knew that when he went back to the jedi things would be difficult. But to just give up... He disappeared in front of her again and she stood there stunned unable to say a word. She had made her decision and he had made his, but that didn't make it any easier.*

Morgan please don't go, I.....

*The doors blew shut and she never got to finish her sentence. She walked over to the door and falling to her knees she picked up the two rings that had fallen to the floor. The one with the ruby she had seen before, he had shown it to her when she had visited him at GJO. The other she hadn't seen. She bit back tears as she read the inscription inside. It wasn't fair. She had been denied so many things in her life and now once again the universe was taunting her, showing her what she ultimately could not have and then taking it away.

Angrilly she threw open the balcony doors and walked out into the cold night air. The ground was covered in a light dusting of snow and flakes were falling around her. Looking down at the two rings in her hand she telepathically projected out into the cold winter night. I love you Morgan Evanar! I always will!

She didn't get a response and she hadn't really expected one. Turning she went inside and closed the doors. Her hand lingered over the handle and somehow there didn't seem to be any point to locking it. So she left the doors unlocked and went and sat back in front of the fire. Curled up at the foot of the chair the fire danced off the rings making them glow. Through their imperfections they were beautiful it was a strange look at what could have been.*