PDA

View Full Version : A message to the good people of TSO

Live Wire
Dec 12th, 2001, 11:23:46 AM
As all of you on the council know a lot has happened in the past three days. There have been a lot of rumors and accusations that have flown across the boards and fortunately these have all been resolved and the matters (hopefully) closed.

But Im posting to adress the issues that created these circumstances. There is a pervasive air of paranoia and distrust that has settled over the boards in general. This kind of atmosphere fuels distrust and suspicion. I know people have dislikes that stem from personal histories and what not but here at TSO that is all irrelevant. From this day forth there is a clean slate with every single council member.

It is imperative that we as the council can trust one another and have faith that each and every one of us is putting the good of the group ahead of ourselves. It is our duty as council members to do so. For the moment that stops happening the group's foundation is weakened. We all have seen what happens when egos and problem people get on councils and that will NOT happen here! I have spoken to each and every one of you on this subject and I think we've reached somewhat of an understanding.

This will NOT happen again! Rumors will be discussed out in the open. Misunderstandings will be fixed quickly and neatly. TSO will survive the struggles going on at the boards! We're all human behind the screen name and we all make mistakes but from now on lets deal with everything in a more positive way.

Everyone here knows what I attribute the negativity too. Whether or not you agree with that is your business. But the problems of others do NOT and will NOT become ours. TSO has remained a seperate entity for a reason and this is the reason! To preseve the group and the sanity of the council members! (especially mine)

I want to thank the people who have helped over the past three days to fix the blow up we almost had.

LV - thanks for helping me out on the TSE side of things. You're my sis on and off the boards. *Hugs* I love you.

Gav- You're my angel, my savior, I love you and I dont know what I'd do without you!

Loungie- who I know is reading this. You take so much on your shoulders to help the rest of us and its never forgotten. You're the best big bro a gal could ask for!

as for everyone else I just want to take the time in the spirit of the season to say thanks.

Lynch - thanks for being so sweet and helping me through those rough spots

Jeseth- You're always open and honest with me and I appreciate it more then you know!

Seth- it seems like when we start talking its cause you question something I've done or said. thanks for being so patient with me.

All of you have become like family to me through out the years. I love all of you dearly. You are the reason Im still here at the boards. TSO is a family and will continue to be that way for a long time. So lets all work towards it and be understanding with each other in spite of all of our sithly natures. Its the only way this group will survive! Thanks for everyones patience with me and your support as I pull my hair out every time theres a crisis!

We're going to make it through this and TSO will become stronger then ever! Lets make this group something that we're proud to be a part of and lets work to not get dishearetened when we see other things going on at the boards that may be petty and stupid. Let other people deal with their issues and lets concentrate on making this our home.

Thank you for reading all of this! And happy holidays to all of you!

Jedah Lynch
Dec 12th, 2001, 02:53:53 PM
Thats a nice post.

Take it easy LW, dont let the boards get to ya.

Relax, have fun, and have fun some more:)

Seth Darkserpent
Dec 12th, 2001, 03:25:17 PM
Very good post Live Wire.

Now I'd like to say something that has been bothering me for a while. Like LW said, we should get things out in the open, rather then have rumors start. Because no one wants a rumor to start, especially when they are involved.

I am having a difficult time understanding why Dark Jedi are loathed by TSE. Now I could be wrong on this matter, and this is all speculation from my point of view, but I've seen more then enough to back my beliefs up. I don't feel I could roleplay at TSE or even near TSE because I belong to the Black Hand. Does that change who I am behind the screen? No. Does that change who Seth Darkserpent the character is? Quite frankly, no not at all. Yet some of the Sith at TSE frown upon us, and sometimes expect we are guilty of outrageous things.

I don't really care if any of you know that I am a part of the Black Hand. I've made no attempt to hide it, OOC or IC. I'm also a part of TSO, and though it may be hard to believe for some of you TSO is top priority in my mind. That's why I value this group, I can come here without having to worry about being slandered because I have residency at Bast Castle, or because I've left a bad impression.

Really now, I have no personal vendetta against TSE or TSO, except maybe some anger at all the Dark Jedi bashing. It seems these days that whoever deals with Jeseth or Seth cannot be trusted and are surely plotting against the Sith.

Or am I just imagining these things? Could somebody tell me why this is?

Please, if anyone allowed in this forum has a problem with me, OOC and/or IC, come forth and say it. At least then, I can work on fixing any negative impressions I might have left on you or whatever. We're supposed to be a team, working to better TSO, so we should all get along OOC at least.

TSO is too great of a group to throw away on internal fighting and grudges.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 12th, 2001, 04:03:49 PM
I agree with Seth, and though I have to admit I can see why some people within TSO have rancor towards Jeseth IC, that shouldn't affect things OOC or make me a prime suspect everytime rumors spread about attacks and conspiracies. I unfortunately can't say like Seth that I haven't done things IC to upset TSE, because yes, I do purposely irritate people there sometimes, but that's Jeseth's nature. That doesn't mean the man behind the name (me) hates TSE. I come here to TSO because I have no reason to worry that my OOC reputation will be put on the line everytime I decide to RP out my character the way he's meant to be RPed.

I've served TSO faithfully in my time here. I work hard to train apprentices and recruit people to populate the board and bring recognition and power our way. I appreciate that at least LW brought certain matters to me before they got out of hand. If anyone here ever has something they want to ask me, just ask me. I'm not going to bite you (yet), and if I plan on doing anything, even if I don't want it to be well known I won't lie to you about it (though if it's personal, I will refuse to answer, and tell you that it is for personal reasons). So perhaps our members who have seats at TSE could convey these messages OOCly. There's no need for anyone to suspect me OOC of deception, nor Seth, despite our IC natures or our apparent attitudes.

I always feel like Snape in Harry Pottery. Everyone thinks I'm the bad guy sometimes OOC. Sheesh. :p

Darth Vader Returns
Dec 13th, 2001, 12:45:05 AM
Well IC, I'm going to be very cold, blunt, and to the point with almost all of you. I am subservient to LV and Jedah, and the rest are assets. But their loyalties and motives are true, so mine will also be. I'm a bit singleminded like that :)

OOC: You're great. All of you. Every one.

Gav Mortis
Dec 13th, 2001, 02:50:11 PM
Well, TSO has always been my family and there are no other people with whom I would rather spend my time with online - yes, you're all a wonderful bunch of people.

We are a close knit family here, an intimate, personal one at that which is what makes this community of Sith/Roleplayers more interesting and enjoyable than any other around. I am proud to be a part of something so special and am proud of our heritage. We are so strong, that we have proved over all this time. This galactic war is just what we need to re-establish ourselves too.

On a more personal note:

Live Wire: I consider you to me my personal gaurdian angel and I love you. You truely are a marvell and getting to know you is possibly the most cherishable aspects of the internet. Don't ever change dear - after all, who else is gonna save my ass when I get up to my neck in it as usual? ;)

Lady Vader: What can I say? You are a star! Ever since that fateful TSC Hawiian Party, need I say more? I love you to bits! And you can't go wrong with a painted cat-suit now can you? The times we've shared mean a great deal to me, I look forward to sharing many more with you.

LL: Well, the guy who was practically the foundation for my learning to roleplay I owe you a great deal of thanks man for all your advice in the past. Especially on how to kick ass! You were also cool when I used to hit on yo woman which is another plus point! :)

Jedah Lynch: Newest of the Council Members but I remember keeping a close observation over you ever since the start of RSO - first as an enemy from the days of TSC - then as a fellow member of RSO and now here. You have truely been an inspiration to my roleplaying. And an all round cool guy!

Jeseth Cloak: IC - a tremendous, deep character and it is an honour to have you as a disciple. May our future ventures be plentiful. OOC - an all round great guy, always good for a laugh and upbeat - don't ever change man.

Seth Darkserpent: IC - a very interesting, thought-provoking character with great potential. You are a marvellous apprentice and likewise, may our future ventures be plentiful. OOC - another all-rounder. You're always there for me when I need someone to talk to and that is really important to me.

Seriously guys, TSO is family and it shows. Here's to our future ventures! Cheers! :)

Darth Vader Returns
Dec 13th, 2001, 06:16:20 PM
I would say the most close-knit group on the boards, to be honest.