PDA

View Full Version : I was approached with ANOTHER proposal

Lady Vader
Nov 29th, 2001, 10:39:12 PM
This time it's for an alliance.

I was speaking with Viscera, and he asked me if an alliance between TSO and TGE would be possible. I told him I would bring it before the Council for reviewing.

He gave me a brief overview of the assets TGE has: 60 planets, and a number of vessels for their space armatas (i don't remember the exact number).

Anyways, it may be something to consider. We have nothing to lose with an alliance and we don't lose our independance.

Comments on this matter, please?

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 30th, 2001, 10:22:29 AM
I am in favor of this proposal.

Seth Darkserpent
Nov 30th, 2001, 03:34:36 PM
TGE! Not GMA. TGE! :)

I am in favor of this proposal as well.

Live Wire
Dec 1st, 2001, 11:39:15 PM
sounds like a good idea to me. Im in favor.

Lady Vader
Dec 9th, 2001, 11:24:45 PM
In light of rumors of an attack against TSE by TGE, I am closing the idea for an alliance with TGE until further notice.

We are first and foremost allied with TSE. If worse comes to worse, we will need to be by them.

If anyone has a problem with this, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 10th, 2001, 12:18:35 AM
I have two questions:
Is this OOC information, and who is the source of these rumors?

Jedah Lynch
Dec 10th, 2001, 12:52:32 AM
In light of rumors of an attack against TSE by TGE, I am closing the idea for an alliance with TGE until further notice.

I've been saving the Judas Cradle for someone who pisses me off big. I just came back. If I get in a war already I'm taking that person who starts that war and jamming them hard on the thing.

Live Wire
Dec 10th, 2001, 01:39:25 AM
I agree until these rumors are cleared up then there should be no alliance. The sith are our first loyalty.

Seth Darkserpent
Dec 10th, 2001, 01:30:40 PM
I agree to that as well.

Lady Vader
Dec 10th, 2001, 10:52:29 PM
This information is NOT OOC. Everything I mentioned is IC.

As to whether these can be considered rumors or not, I'm starting to think it is not a rumor and will become reality soon. The source is from TSE. I will not disclose who has spoken for that would be a breach of privacy.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 15th, 2001, 02:50:24 PM
I'm just curious because I don't see how there could have been IC rumors about it, since no one in the Empire who knows about it IC would have talked.

Lady Vader
Dec 16th, 2001, 12:43:01 AM
Alright, ya know what? I say we take a vote as to who wants this alliance at this time, or whether it would be in the Sith's best interest to hold off.

Whether IC or OOC, many know that there are quite a few in TGE that do not like TSE and those within. Now, if they were to get the idea to do something like attack TSE, we would be at a conflict if we were allied with both groups. Therefore, we can only be allied with one group. And since we are already allied with TSE, we cannot ally with TGE at this time.

I vote against having an alliance.

Live Wire
Dec 16th, 2001, 12:50:19 AM
Im against it as well

Jedah Lynch
Dec 16th, 2001, 01:15:31 AM
Anyone really need to ask me?

The answer is against.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 16th, 2001, 03:16:56 AM
Here is my opinion, take it or leave it. THIS IS OOC:

TGE is known for it's whimsical alliances. If we agree to this pact, it gives us an advantage. We can attack them first and build up our forces, in either case, we'd be safe and expecting it, and they would not be expecting that we would be the ones to suddenly attack them. I am in favor of this alliance. Does it mean that I consider TGE to be our allies or even equal to us IC? No. They would merely be under the impression that we are currently in their pocket, and that gives us an advantage politically.

Those are my thoughts. As for my actual vote, I guess I have to go with no at this point.

Seth Darkserpent
Dec 16th, 2001, 09:51:54 AM
Surprisingly enough, I'm against it, despite the fact that I play an Imperial at TGE. This group has a tight alliance with TSE, and if we make one with TGE things will go bad. We can't hold an alliance with two groups going head to head. I suggest we hold off until after the war before we even consider this again.

I don't like to play fortune teller, but a dual alliance may not bode well for TSO.

Lady Vader
Dec 16th, 2001, 10:33:55 PM
Thank you for your honesty Seth.

Jes... I don't know how the others feel, but this is the way I think: If I make an alliance with someone I keep it until death or such other circumstance that prevents me from keeping it because it would endanger the good of TSO. I do not believe in making an alliance I know full well I will break in short order only to gain an advantage over the other group. That doesn't bode well for our honesty and our loyalty when it comes to making pacts with other groups.

We have to think of what the consiquences would be. And doing something like you just said would destroy TSO at some point. Yeah, maybe we'd have temporary victory. But in the end it would come back and bite us in the ass. Thanks, but no thanks. I like my ass in one piece.

Jedah Lynch
Dec 16th, 2001, 10:46:24 PM
A person or group is looked upon the way they do things and how they act. If they act honorble they get respect, when they pull stunts or do things like Itala did they get a bad rap.

If you look at the well known groups they are usually respected or not due to have they co exist(or not) with other major groups. Whenever one group has betrayed an alliance or done something underhanded it can lead to those people being looked at in an certain light that is not beneficial or gains confidence.

In other words turning on someone to get gain usually comes back to haunt you. Only can be so many can go against before they gang up on you and bite you seriously in the -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-. And it would be bad for TSO because who would trust it? The members here have proven they are not like Itala in schemes and gotten the respect from many due to that, no one wants to see this place get an rep like it was when he was in charge at TSC.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 16th, 2001, 11:13:54 PM
We're Sith. Since when is honesty and honor a priority of ours?

Jedah Lynch
Dec 16th, 2001, 11:25:06 PM
I thought you were a Dark Jedi?

And an Imp?

Possible Jedi and several other things?

Didnt know you were a Sith though.

Besides, been at the boards for a long time and know its politics very well. There is a certain way need to act in regards to certain situations, if not can end up like Itala.

Anyone want that fate? I dont think so.

Lady Vader
Dec 16th, 2001, 11:29:44 PM
Jes... one of the things I hope for and have worked hard for is a honor-based Sith group.

I didn't like what had happened with TSC... and some of the stuff at TSE could use some help.

TSO is different in the fact it deals in honor. Keeping the group small has been our saving grace to stay strong and together. Keeping honor is another.

Live Wire
Dec 17th, 2001, 12:23:51 AM
A lot of what keeps a group together is OOC sensibility. Sure it may conflict with what you think a sith or dark jedi would do. But honestly if we did that none of us would be here. We'd be independants at each others throats. So lets just throw the whole "were sith" out of the window cause when it comes to a stable group thats the last thing you need.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 17th, 2001, 01:38:19 AM
Jedah:

Zorin Hexes is an Imp. Luke Sywalker is a Jedi.

Jeseth has been known to coddle them both (Imps and Jedi) for his own ends, but he's not an Imp or a Jedi of the Light. Secondly, Jeseth is Dark Jedi, due to Gav (the only true Sith I recognize at SWFans anyway) I have begun to accept the true Sith teachings - and wheather any of you like it or not, Sith will always be Dark Jedi when it comes right down to it, because none of you have Sith blood in your viens.

LW, LV:

Thank you for addressing the issue.

Jedah Lynch
Dec 17th, 2001, 02:53:11 AM
Jeseth is Dark Jedi, due to Gav (the only true Sith I recognize at SWFans anyway) I have begun to accept the true Sith teachings - and wheather any of you like it or not, Sith will always be Dark Jedi when it comes right down to it, because none of you have Sith blood in your viens.

Two points

1. Sith are not Dark Jedi. Your beliefs are laughable

2. the none of you have Sith blood in your veins part your actually wrong about. *grins* You'll see......

Live Wire
Dec 17th, 2001, 10:06:45 AM
Hes right...very few people at swfans are by the sw definition sith. We're all more dark jedi then sith with the exception of someone like Gav who truly tries to follow the magic and religion of the acient sith.

How many "sith" do that? Hardly any! If you want to really define what we all are we are all dark jedi. Sith just sounds cooler. Thats why this whole anti dark jedi sentiment is just a load of crap stemming more from OOC annoyances then any real character basis!

Some people just dont like that they dont chose to call themselves sith. Whatever reason its tantamount to not liking someone because of thier skin color! That is just how petty and stupid it is!

Im speaking out against it here and now! Im putting my foot down against it! Its about time someone did!

Jedah Lynch
Dec 17th, 2001, 10:40:29 AM
Actually I do the Sith magic bit and make references to Sith culture.

Put it this way, if you choose a religion and stick by it what are you?

A buddhist?

A Christian.

A Hindu.

Whatever.

Depends on what your striving for, you might not do a good job at it but doesnt mean your not one of them.

So excuse me if I dont laugh at Jeseths post as a pitiful pot shot he took before he left.

Live Wire
Dec 17th, 2001, 10:43:47 AM
Jedah...aim me next time you're on IM.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 20th, 2001, 01:31:12 AM
;; Kicks Jedah's teeth in. ;; No, that was a cheap potshot.

:) Hey guys!

Lady Vader
Dec 23rd, 2001, 01:56:54 AM
Well, I dunno about you all, but I'm gonna start me studies up on Sith magic.

The thought of being refered to or even thought of as a Dark Jedi makes me want to vomit.

*Goes to seek out Gav.*

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 23rd, 2001, 02:13:43 AM
:lol:
I beleive there are some philosophical differences between Dark Jedi and Sith as well, but I do not beleive that Jedah would have been able to comprehend it.

Seth Darkserpent
Dec 23rd, 2001, 09:52:55 AM
I've already been studying Sith Magic with Gav...But not enough to consider myself a Sith yet :)