PDA

View Full Version : GET YOUR REARS IN GEAR, PEEPS!

Lady Vader
Aug 31st, 2001, 08:04:21 PM
Ok, this is what's up concerning the ambush/planet-take-over.

read this and add your thoughts/comments/suggestions. I'd like to get this RP under way by next weekend (not this weekend, but the one after).

Ok, now let's talk about the staging. Dathomir is neighbors with Yavin. Now, IC we Sith don't know the Jedi are based at Yavin (I believe that's how it went, but we should double check with DT on what exactly is on Yavin, if anything).
So, if it is set up that way, it wouldn't take long for the Jedi to come in charging to the rescue on a planet that is "resisting" our take-over.

The plan could go as follows (though any ideas and/or changes/additions are welcome):

Set up some Sith on Dathomir (preferably women to start off the negotiations and smoothing out that they are not to capture any TSO men... lol). Once we are planted there (disguised as them, even wearing warrior masks), then a smallish fleet (say maybe 1 ISD and 1 Corvette should do) TSO goes in to take over Dathomir (they figure the planet has no defenses, so a small task force is all that is needed to quell resistance). TSO lands, mock battle (we have to make this look authentic... majorly so). Jedi come in to the rescue to releave the natives of our oh-so-horrible-take-over. This would be a good opportunity for Anbira to get some outside battling done (I'll talk to him and his Master). Jedi come and find a handful of natives and TSO ppl battling it out (your usual take-over scuffle). Jedi intervene. Jedi fight Sith. Sith fight Jedi. Witches fight everybody.
Then let the fun begin.
Throw in ABSOLUTE chaos and confusion.
Send in the Vornskyrs. The witches will mount their Rancors, waiting on the fringes of the large clearing, avoiding the puppies. The Sith will do likewise, and mount Rancors (each Sith that landed for the take-over grab a single witch-partner and mount their rancors... those that were planted earlier should have their own shared rides). Puppies go after obvious Force-using prey on ground: Jedi. Let them play it out, see if the Jedi choose to kill or go on the offense.
More confusion and chaos.
The witches blow whistles, bringing Vornskyrs back. In move Rancors, which in their basket carrying the witches and Sith, are also the Ysalimiri. Bring the Rancors in to close the clearing off. More Rancors that were hidden in the jungle come into clearing to cut off any escape. The worms block the Force. At this point, it's hand-to-hand and wit. Native warriors will come in on foot from behind the rancors to confuse the Jedi even more (their weapons of choice are spears, arrows... just think amazons... and no Force... should be fun). They'd be hard pressed to kill sentient beings without fearing turning to the Dark Side (fools). Big battle ensues, and by now the Jedi should have gotten it into their thick skulls that it was a trap. A set-up. During this scuffle of Sith and warrior witches against Jedi (outnumbering them drastically), we make a grab for Anbira (this one can be played by ear if need be). By now, the Jedi should also get it into their thick skulls that Dathomir wants to ally with TSO (if they don't get it by now, there's no hope for their kind when it comes to intelligence and commen sense).
From here on in, we defeat the Jedi in taking Dathomir. As to whether we get Anbira in the deal also, is yet to be seen.

I have spoken with LL about this, giving him a very very brief summary of what my idea is. He liked it and is willing to RP it out.

He understands that his capture is negotiable in the planning, but that the planet take-over of Dathomir is a done deal and none-negotiable.

I need some participation here, ppl, if this is gonna work. We should set a date for this RP to happen sometime perhaps next week or the week after (we have to check how ppls schedule are shaping up for this semester). I want to crack down on this ASAP.

Soon, Dathomir will be ours.
http://tselynch.clanpages.com/extra/Dathomirr.jpg

As to whether we get Anbira back depends on how lucky we are.

Either way, it's a win/win in our favor. :evil:

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 1st, 2001, 02:16:19 PM
Sounds great. Just post a link here as soon as it is up and I'll be on my way.

Jedah Lynch
Sep 1st, 2001, 05:28:44 PM
Who says we dont know where the Jedi are?

Or at least.....some of us.

*smiles*

Anways....I do like the plan, it sounds like a winner either way we slice it so say we go with it.

Live Wire
Sep 1st, 2001, 05:34:44 PM
gimmie a date and a time and I'll be there. We need to get everyone in tso involved and drum it up with those who dont have access to private forums.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 1st, 2001, 08:17:31 PM
As someone once quoted to me wisely, it's quality, not quanity, that makes for a good mix. Consider the majority of active TSO members are all here in the council room, maybe we don't really have to make such a big fuss about it anyway. o.0

Lady Vader
Sep 3rd, 2001, 12:39:12 AM
As it is, we'll only need a few TSO personel (kinda what Jes said), though I would like a little more participation from a few of the others.

Secondly, we're gonna have a mixed group of peeps involved in this RP. (We'll inform the Jedi of the "distress signal" if they don't catch on... easy enough. But only when the time comes.) I've got a good handfull of Dathomir ladies (about 12... and I think the numbers have leveled off, so there shouldn't be any more recruits) who are dieing to have a piece of the action. Introductions and availability to the Council Room for them will be made when the time comes to start this baby rollin.

Ok, estimated starting time:

I would like to have this RP started next weekend. I need to know if Friday the *** is better, or if Saturday the *** is better (TBA due to participaton being slow because of attack on America).

I'll keep everyone posted and be sure to let me know when the time is best for you to begin this RP.

Jedah Lynch
Sep 3rd, 2001, 07:35:34 PM
Hate to be the one to have a negative thought at this point but has DT been checked with? As it is in one thread that Gavin guy jumped around near the sector and has a bunch of ships on his ass.

So is it even possible to do this?

They might consider such a RP a security risk and have enough defenses in the area to stop a fleet easily enough, let alone our take over.

Lady Vader
Sep 5th, 2001, 01:02:59 AM
If I must, I will speak with DT. We can always state this occured before or after that whole Gavin-mess-thing. I've put too much work into this to have some Aussie who thinks he's God's gift to these boards ruin it without so much as listening to my reasons.

I've spoken with LL already about this. Obviously, Beldarine will also have to be notified seeing as how it is her Padawan being targeted, and DT will also be notified because he's just that way.

It will be done.

Jeseth Cloak
Sep 5th, 2001, 03:43:58 PM
Beldarine is MIA, and has been for almost a month, so maybe waiting on her is a bad idea... As for DT's fleet, why worry? If he opens fire on us he kills the natives, and would he really want to kill so many people who are being forced to fight for us? I mean true, it is a possibility that they might not be very Jedi-like and decide to forget about saving the people, and just open fire, but I don't think they would. If they do maybe we can set up Planetary Ion Cannons right in the heart of rancor breeding and nesting grounds. Destroy it, and they kill thousands of small baby rancors... awwww. ^_^

Lady Vader
Sep 5th, 2001, 11:21:32 PM
Ok, I thought about it and: A) this fleet is near Yavin. B) Dathomir is in the same quadrant as Yavin and it basically is neighbors with Yavin, it's not even in the same sector. (Several sectors within quadrants and such).

Personally, I don't think there's any prob. I'm not gonna talk to DT. We're just gonna RP and then involve the Jedi when it becomes neccessary.