PDA

View Full Version : The Sith Tournament

Jedah Lynch
Apr 17th, 2001, 08:11:34 PM
This is exactly what the title says, at TSE we're going to organzie a little tournament for our members to partake in, but we also thought it be cool if anyone in TSO wanted to join in on the fun to give them the chance. It will not be like the exact tournament at Swfans, nor does it even have to be there, certain parts could be at TSE or maybe even TSO. Many battles will be Master Vs Master, Knight Vs Knight etc. With many other possibiites as well if not a few innovations to keep this intresting instead of the regular tournaments often seen, the exactly format will be posted here for those intrested soon when finished and some time will be given before it starts so people can be ready for this.

Be a good chance to have some fun and fight someone in ones own rank if not have fun smacking around the other group. Hey...if the Jedi cant do it we might as well beat each other up right?

:lol:

Anyone intrested list their name and rank.

Lady DeVille
Apr 17th, 2001, 08:37:38 PM
Lady De'Ville, Sith Knight

Darth Viscera
Apr 17th, 2001, 08:40:57 PM
Darth Viscera
Sith Disciple-TSE
Sith Knight-TSO

DarthDarkCloak
Apr 18th, 2001, 02:45:32 AM
DarthDarkCloak Master(before kidnapping episode with LW)

Jeseth Cloak
Apr 18th, 2001, 04:16:31 AM
Jeseth Cloak
-Sith Knight
-Dark Jedi Knight

Jeseth Cloak
Apr 18th, 2001, 04:26:32 AM
Hm... This Tournament is Sith only? :( I'm sure some other members of The Black Hand might be interested in joiningif it's open to them too..... :) Just a thought...

Darth Viscera
Apr 18th, 2001, 05:29:20 AM
:lol: I'd love to see DDC go up against a Sith Master

Live Wire
Apr 18th, 2001, 07:28:58 AM
Live Wire - Sith Master

Morgan Evanar
Apr 18th, 2001, 11:51:17 AM
Morgan Evanar - Fallen Jedi

Lord Dagger
Apr 18th, 2001, 12:00:12 PM
Lord Dagger- Sith Grandmaster, but concidering the trouble that will cause call me a master

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 18th, 2001, 12:08:24 PM
Anbira Hicchoru
Sith Master
TSO - TSE

Seth Darkserpent
Apr 18th, 2001, 12:21:30 PM
Seth Darkserpent
Sith Knight
TSE-TSO

Garrett Blade
Apr 18th, 2001, 01:39:40 PM
Garrett Blade
"Sith Knight"

Darth Roul
Apr 18th, 2001, 04:01:03 PM
OOC: could I do this as Roul for one last tournament, its not really an rp so I don't see any trouble, If so then:

Darth Roul: Master Castrator

STOP PLEASE!?

Gav Mortis
Apr 18th, 2001, 04:04:58 PM
:lol: Really Roul? That sounds kinky!

...Urgh! Actually it sounds more....urgh! now...

Lady Vader
Apr 18th, 2001, 04:13:38 PM
Lady Vader - Sith Master (TSO)

(and I know EXACTLY who I'd like to fight... if only for fun :evil: )

Dark Lord Malice
Apr 18th, 2001, 05:20:05 PM
Dark Lord Malice= Sith Knight

DRAGONFLAMER
Apr 18th, 2001, 08:31:31 PM
DRAGONLFAMER-Sith Apprentice.

Jeseth Cloak
Apr 19th, 2001, 05:19:41 PM
This thread is just going in the wrong direction... First Roul and Gav, then a Flamer shows up. Man...

Jedah Lynch
Apr 19th, 2001, 08:46:17 PM
Can tell it might be tricky to keep the ranks between the two groups straight when setting up the matches. But sure it wont be too bad a problem..

As for how the matches will be choosen, not sure yet, might do the draw name from a hat thing.

And for now this is basically a TSE/TSO Sith thing, since the major population of the groups is Sith.

Dark Lord Malice
Apr 19th, 2001, 09:06:39 PM
LOL@Jeseth.

Well this might prove to be a very fun activity as well as educational i take it. Besides if we could have chosen who we wanted to battle, then i had the perfect person in mind.

Sumor Rayial
Apr 21st, 2001, 01:57:15 PM

Sith Master:
Anbira Hicchoru
DarthDarkCloak
Darth Roul
Jedah Lynch
Lady Vader
Live Wire
Lord Dagger
Rama Sha

Sith Lord:
Dara Shadowtide
Darth Phantom
Firebird
Lady De'Ville
Nuriko Sha
Sumor Rayial

Sith Knight:
Darth Snack
Dark Lord Malice
Dyne Darkforce
Garrett Blade
Jeseth Cloak
Seth Darkserpent
Vega Van Derveld

Sith Warrior/Sith Disciple:
Anibus Lockheart
BI0HAZZARD
Darth Poreon
Darth Viscera (may be ammended)
DRAGONLFAMER
Guard Piett
Khendon Severn
Lady Razielle
Morgan Evanar
Raye Valkyrie
Skroth

As Jedah said the dual rank thing needs to be sorted out, that I saw Vis your the only one with it, I just have you at Disciple cause I put this together at TSE first. Also Morgan needs a rank before I can throw him in here.

Darth Viscera
Apr 21st, 2001, 02:31:58 PM
1. Has been RPing at swfans.net for 8 months.
2. Does not have to contend with spelling/grammatical errors.
3. Was allowed to join the Rogue Sith Order.
4. Is listed as lower in rank than Gengar13.

I swear to God, some things are just very difficult to put up with.

Anbira Hicchoru
Apr 21st, 2001, 02:34:57 PM
Vis is a knight in TSO because he has superior knowledge of Sith arts...but I don't feel he has the combat experience yet to be a knight in TSE...perhaps soon. He's showing promise.

Live Wire
Apr 21st, 2001, 02:43:59 PM
put Morgan in the warrior/disciple category for right now

Darth Viscera
Apr 21st, 2001, 02:57:21 PM
I will accept my own limits, but who has decided that gengar13 has the combat experience necessary to challenge a TSE Sith Knight in a tournament?

Sumor Rayial
Apr 21st, 2001, 03:34:03 PM
Viscera calm down.

I'm just putting the list together in terms of what rank they posted. TSO obviously gives rank on a different qualification that that of TSE. If the leaders want to change someones slotting to fit their overall level better then I'll make the changes.

Gav Mortis
Apr 21st, 2001, 05:27:09 PM
I don't think it's any of your business who thinks what of Gengar13's ability, Viscera. Now stop being so ill-mannered.

DarthDarkCloak
Apr 21st, 2001, 06:01:55 PM
*Swipes dust from his saber*It's been a long while since I used this.....

Darth Viscera
Apr 21st, 2001, 06:05:00 PM
It is actually very much my business when Gengar13 is considered the equivalent of a TSE Sith Knight. I'm sorry, but that is just -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-ed up beyond all recognition.

Darth Roul
Apr 21st, 2001, 07:18:34 PM
maybe you do deserve that rank, maybe you have not shown yourself worthy on the battlefield. A man can only be tested of his abilities to fight in battle.

Malice Draclau
Apr 21st, 2001, 08:25:41 PM
Temper temper Vis, No need to be jealous.But then again you must really hate me don't you. Ohh well it's not my place to judge.

Jedah Lynch
Apr 21st, 2001, 09:48:12 PM
The ranking system is something that will need to be worked upon that has been stated. The leaders in TSO will I assume need to help sort them out and make them compareable to those in TSE or vice versa.

Hopefully this will be able to be done in a fair way as much as possible.

Lady Vader
Apr 22nd, 2001, 01:36:33 AM
TSO rankings:

Sith Master
Sith Knight
Sith Apprentice

TSE rankings:

Sith Master
Sith Lord
Sith Knight
Sith Warrior
Sith Disciple

Tournament rankings:

Sith Master
Sith Lord
Sith Knight
Sith Apprentice/Warrior/Disciple

is this satisfactory?

I didn't know if you wanted four categories or three... if it's three then either Master and Lord be put together, or Lord and Knight be put together.. though I think four categories are good...
as to Apprentice, Warrior, and Disciple... I saw Lynch had put Warrior and Disciple together and I merely assumed Apprentice would be the equivelant...

so, what ya think?

Gav Mortis
Apr 22nd, 2001, 03:47:30 AM
Viscera, who are you to sat where Gengar should be ranked?

You're starting to sound like a spoiled child. You did the same thing in SSC.

You may deserve a higher rank, you may not. The way you're crying about it, I'd say the latter.

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2001, 04:14:33 AM
Gav, you can promote all the newbies that you like. You can proclaim them to be greater and far more glorious than anything we've ever seen before, and you can set up a circle of newbie sith masters, where the only requirement is that each proposed member is as adept at english as a Brooklyn cab driver. You can force my character, whom I take seriously, to bow to these dimwits and roleplay in a fashion which allows them to defeat me merely because of their rank. You cannot, however, force me to like it.

Gav Mortis
Apr 22nd, 2001, 05:09:39 AM
I'm not promoting anything, but what I will promote is banning your ass from this board unless you pay proper respect to the newbie roleplayers here. It's unnacceptable, they have done nothing to offend you, perhaps the people who promoted them have but you have no right to go insulting them in such away and I will not stand for it.

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2001, 05:15:05 AM
Get used to it. There are many, many things that I will not stand for, and yet here I am.

Gav Mortis
Apr 22nd, 2001, 05:28:59 AM
Get used to you dishing out OOC abuse to other rpers?

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2001, 05:32:20 AM
Get used to me complaining, because I deserve better than this negligent "We don't give a -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- about you and you hardly exist to us, for we hold you in such contempt" utter bull-DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR- that I've endured since December.

Darth Viscera
Apr 22nd, 2001, 05:40:29 AM
If anyone else had to endure this period of extended emotional rape then they would be lashing out irrationally too.

Lord Psychic
Apr 22nd, 2001, 06:09:34 AM
Viscera, chill. Is this really worth being banned from TSO?

Gav Mortis
Apr 22nd, 2001, 06:13:45 AM
Forget about it now Psy, it's all sorted.

Jeseth Cloak
Apr 22nd, 2001, 09:02:09 AM
. . .

Well, hm... So... when does this tournament begin? That is, if anyone doesn;'t mind me going back on the subject... :)

Sumor Rayial
Apr 22nd, 2001, 10:47:58 AM
Jeseth> We're looking at the beginning of May sometime. Because some of the TSE members aren't as active as others (and my exams which are more the reason :b) we wanted to give them ample time to respond.

LV> Not really sure if that works, the major problem I'm seeing is that TSE and TSO promote their members on different standards, take Viscera for example he's a Knight here and a Disciple at TSE, at what level does he fight? Because I'm not familiar with the rank system of TSO I'm kinda letting Jedah handle that.

Jeseth Cloak
Apr 22nd, 2001, 11:05:09 AM
Well Sums... Actually, when you think about it, if anything I'd have to say that TSO members are likely to be more powerful for their rank because there are so few of them, and being promoted to the rank of knight takes quite a while... and Masters take even longer.

Lets take this example, I was an Apprentice and sparred with Dalethria, a TSE Sith Lord. By the end of the fight, we both collapsed into heaps. I was promoted actually in the middle of that fight... though the fight technically happened before the promotion - But, catch my drift?

Sumor Rayial
Apr 22nd, 2001, 12:13:13 PM
Yes and that is my thinking also I'm thinking that for some it may be individual cases, for example you and someone like De'ville wouldn't be put at Disciple because your at the same rank as Viscera is here.

I'm trying not to say by putting someone into a catigory that's where they have to stay, it was probably my mistake to put them in ranks instead of catagorizing them in TSO and TSE, but it did help bring the problem to light though.

Jeseth Cloak
Apr 22nd, 2001, 04:01:56 PM
Hm... Maybe the contest could just go by category... ie: the Knight and Apprentices fight amongst themselves and winners move up to the next category.

Live Wire
Apr 22nd, 2001, 06:23:09 PM
middle of may would be slightly better...say after the 12th

Dark Lord Malice
Apr 22nd, 2001, 07:25:23 PM
Ahhh glad some things are settled. Now Gav, Vis, with all do respect watch who you call a newbie. I am not a damn Newbie got it.

Sumor Rayial
Apr 22nd, 2001, 07:51:29 PM
LW> I completely forgot, American Universities don't get out till mid may correct? We're done at the end of this week so I was basing it off Ontario Univ.

Anyway, when it comes time to choose a start date, the date will be chosen to meet the schedules of as many participants as possible I can promise that.

Lady Vader
Apr 23rd, 2001, 12:00:54 AM
well, Summs, Lynch did ask me to figure out the rankings... if it comes to like you said with Vis, then take the group he's been with longest, and use that ranking... I really don't know... it's just a suggestion

Jeseth Cloak
Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:47:41 AM
I personally think Visc deserves to be ranked Knight on that list... Just MY personal opinion, because form what I've sene he's more than earned that rank through his actions. He's taken over 50% of the Galaxy!

Live Wire
Apr 23rd, 2001, 07:14:38 AM
the ability to dominate does not make you a capeable sith.

OOC: look at thrawn (the one in the novels) he took over a lot of the galaxy but he was no sith. so taking over the galaxy means nothing in and of itself.

Sumor Rayial
Apr 23rd, 2001, 07:51:32 AM
LV> Sorry if I came off a little edgy, I didn't mean to say that that won't work just that I don't know. Taking the TSE rank and applying it to all would put people like De'Ville into the Warrior/Disciple catigory and that's not fair to those that don't belong there but fighting with the Knights if not Lords of TSE, but taking TSO rank may put some of the TSO Knights into the TSE Knight "bracket" where they would be outclassed to a point (hypethetical I don't know the capabilities of most of the Knights here so noone get offended please). I think the best solution is to have their masters decide, I know that Anbira is Viscera's master here and at TSE, and that Jedah is De'Ville's master. The other three Knights that don't have a TSE ranking of Knight here are Dark Lord Malice, Garrett Blade, Jeseth Cloak. If each of their masters make the decision where they would best perform then there wouldn't be an argument about who fits where by those in contention.

Lady Vader
Apr 23rd, 2001, 10:42:38 AM
ok, Summs, that sounds like a good suggestion... besides, I was beginning to get a headache on figuring out who whent where and such... it's not that I don't know their rank, but I don't know where they stand in their skills... their Masters are better judges of that...

we'll let the Masters decide which category their aprentices should go under...

though at this point I think the categories still stand as Master, Lord, Knight, Warrior/Disciple/Apprentice(TSO ranking)... I can think of no other way to categorize it... if at TSO there is a Knight, I will put him or her in that category... chances are, they have the same skills as TSE's knights... Masters are Masters... TSO has no Lord ranking, so that may be primarily TSE, unless some Masters which to jump into it... and TSO's Apprentices are the lower ranking, I'm assuming equivelant to Warrior and Disciple at TSE...

ok, so is my thinking totally scewed or what?

Sumor Rayial
Apr 23rd, 2001, 10:48:02 AM
Your thinkings basically right at least in comparison to what I'm thinking.

Except the Knights part. The TSO Knight rank seems to span 3 of the TSE ranks, Warrior, Knight and Lord. Someone like Viscera is a disciple at TSE would probably fall into the Warrior slot, where someone like De'Ville would probably slide into the Lords.

Other than that Masters are Masters and Apprentices are equal to Disciples. At least thats the feeling I'm getting here.

Lady DeVille
Apr 23rd, 2001, 02:27:08 PM
As I was reading this, I was thinking to myself...I'd probably fit into the Lord's catagory. And there you are, you already said that. :) I am hoping to undergo the testing for the rank of Master as soon as I survive the training with Jedah. lol Well, if I survive!

Jedah Lynch
Apr 23rd, 2001, 06:00:35 PM
Good suggestions.

For this I would say Lady De'Ville does fall into the Lordess category.

If you will survive is a good point LD :evil:

Lady Vader
Apr 23rd, 2001, 08:26:12 PM
ok, well, I think the way that Summs put the list together is pretty darn good... we should leave it as it stands until we get more ppl... if we do, that is...

Ket VanDerveld
Apr 23rd, 2001, 08:54:30 PM
Ket Van Derveld

Sith Knight of TSE and TSO

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 7th, 2001, 08:51:39 PM
Hallo :p

Just saying that this is going to still happen. Just need some more time and the like. Here is the list that has been compiled and please tell me if there is a mistake so I can fix it.

Also I think that if anyone wants to still participate please post. We might as well add a few more if some still wish to join in :)

Da list:

Sith Master:
Anbira Hicchoru
DarthDarkCloak
Darth Roul
Jedah Lynch
Lady Vader
Live Wire
Lord Dagger

Sith Lord:
Dara Shadowtide
Darth Phantom
Firebird
General Scorpion
Lady De'Ville
Nuriko Sha
Sumor Rayial

Sith Knight:
Darth Snack
Dark Lord Malice
Garrett Blade
Jeseth Cloak
Ket Van Derveld
Seth Darkserpent
Vega Van Derveld

Sith Warrior/Sith Disciple:
Anibus Lockheart
BI0HAZZARD
Darth Sipharus
Darth Poreon
Darth Viscera (may be amended)
DRAGONLFAMER
Hexadragon
Lady Razielle
Morgan Evanar
Raye Valkyrie

Still need to talk to Sums to see what he is planning but wanted to breathe some life back into this.

Darth Viscera
May 7th, 2001, 10:40:30 PM
I can't wait :evil:

Jeseth Cloak
May 8th, 2001, 04:45:54 AM
Hmm... Yyeah. I have something I'm going to unveil at that tournament.

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 8th, 2001, 09:44:38 AM
excellent! I will have updates to this when I can and also edit the list as more want to sign up :)

Morgan Evanar
May 8th, 2001, 05:47:18 PM
*Cough Cough*

Dalethria Mal Pannis
May 8th, 2001, 06:27:13 PM
something caught in your throat Morgan? :p

Morgan Evanar
May 8th, 2001, 06:44:58 PM
*clears his throat.*

No, fine now, thank you.

Sumor Rayial
May 9th, 2001, 05:19:11 PM
Cut off time for sign ups is this Saturday noon.

Sumor Rayial
May 11th, 2001, 06:42:03 PM
Could the master(s) of Dark Lord Malice, Garrett Blade, and Jeseth Cloak, please post which level they believe the before mentioned members should fight in so that I can start the brackets tomorrow.

Sumor Rayial
May 12th, 2001, 08:24:27 AM