PDA

View Full Version : Fixing the council

Live Wire
May 13th, 2001, 01:48:49 AM
OOC: This post has been a long time coming but unfortunately RL time goes faster then RP time. But nothing we can do about that.

IC:

Before this all happened the council members were Lady DeVille, myself, Lady Vader, Lord Dagger (temp), and Anbira Hicchoru (sp?(EDIT: fixed :) - LV)).

Lady DeVille removed herself from the council, Anbira has had an accident and has developped amnesia (link to thread to be inserted later), Dagger was appointed to the position as a temporary while Gav was away.

Circumstanceds had made it to where we no longer had seven members on the council. That changes now. There will always be a seven member council!

Gav has returned and will be retaking his old seat on the council. I think most everyone who was here before he left us will agree its good to have him back with us.

As LV has just announced we are formalizing our alliance with TSE and Jedah Lynch has been placed on the TSO council per our agreement with TSE (http://pub23.ezboard.com/fthesithorderdiscussionchamber.showMessage?topicID =487.topic). This makes our two groups sister groups yet still independantly operated. Thus giving both our groups a power and stability we need right now.

So this makes the council formed with Gav Mortis, Lady Vader, Jedah Lynch, and myself Live Wire.

However this is four members....so there are currently three open council seats. I've been asked if DeVille will go up for one of the open seats. The answer at this time is no. She is welcome in TSO and if she gets over her emotional instability and becomes a once again productive member of TSO and shows that she is trustworthy once more then yes she can again go up for a council position should one be open. Until she can meet those requirements then no. She's held to the same standards that any other member would be.

so now we come down to the issue of who's going to fill the open spots. So naturally we wanted to hold voting to fill those spots. After talking to several people and looking at who's been the most loyal and trustworthy and diplayed the needed leadership qualities we came up with the following five nominations to be voted on by all members of TSO.

Jeseth Cloak
Lord Psychic
Lord Dyzm
Seth Darkserpent
Darth Viscera

Voting will take place by having each member post their top three choices. This makes it harder to count but is a more reliable system then polls which can be fudged and such. Not that anyone here would cheat on something so important but lurkers tend to want to screw up things like this. Those nominated feel free to vote for yourselves nothing wrong with that.

Once votes are in the council will start work on a consitution for TSO to help in decision making and to put things in writing. Since having unwritten guidelines seems to no longer be working.

I now turn the voting over to the members of TSO. I will register my votes in a seperate post.

Edit-OOC: This is Psy, I cleaned up the thread, please continue posting any questions/issues in the other thread. :)

Garrett Blade
May 13th, 2001, 02:29:29 AM
I vote for Jeseth Cloak because he's the only one out of the list whom I would trust with such matters.

I don't think Dyzm is Council material (no offense), I don't think Seth and Psychic have the neccessary vitae to be on the council, and I'm baffled as to why Viscera is even a nominee!

So once again, Jeseth...you have my full support, as do two of my friends! (Wink, wink, eh, Gav!)

Jeseth Cloak
May 13th, 2001, 02:37:29 AM
Well, my choices go as followed:

Seth Darkserpent - I've had plenty of experience RPing with him, and personally I beleive he is quite capable of taking on a council position. He's a loyal friend OOC and a dependable person IC. All in all, I think he would a great choice.

Dark Viscera - Some of you may think Viscera is not council material because he doesn't make himself known in the world of fighting. I also understand that some of you (as I've heard) have OOC problems with him, for whatever reasons those might be (I'm not here to hear about that), but I beleive he shows signs of great leadership and rational thinking. Hes distinguished himself many times in battle, and he's been around much longer than I have. If anyone deserve at least consideration, I would have to say Viscera. On an added note, his ties to the Empire could only strength The Sith Order, as well.

Jeseth Cloak - In all honesty (and I'm not trying to gloat) I think I have plenty of experience handling a leadership position. While at TBH we are all equal and there is no established council of any sort, when Darth Rane and I first began the group, we were pretty much running things between the two of us, and due to Rane having some RL business to attend to (academics), I pretty much ran things with the help of Delirion. IC, you all don't know anything about my association with TBH, so I guess that's not a valid point... Oh well.

Anyway, anyone who votes for me: Thanx for your support.

Lady Vader
May 13th, 2001, 03:05:38 AM
I vote for Jeseth, Psychic, and Seth... from what I've seen, all three have had experience here at TSO and acted in a responsible and mature manner... they have my support...

Seth Darkserpent
May 13th, 2001, 04:52:47 AM
My votes are as followed:

Jeseth Cloak- Jeseth is the co-founder of TBH. What more needs to be said? The Black Hand is a well run group and I think that partial reason is because it's members and founders are responsible, devoted, and they're smart. Jeseth is quite capable as a Council Member.

Darth Viscera- He had led the Empire as Diktat for quite a while now and has done a fantastic job. He is a great leader, and can be blunt when need be. He's spoken his mind many times and this is what Council members need to do.

Lord Psychic- Psy has been at TSO a lot recently, and I believe he would be a great council member. He visits the board frequently, and he's always there with good ideas.

Morgan Evanar
May 13th, 2001, 05:45:46 AM
My votes mirror those of Lady Vader's.

Lord Psychic
May 13th, 2001, 11:36:18 AM
As do mine.

Anbira Hicchoru
May 13th, 2001, 11:40:15 AM
OOC: Yes, Anbira has amnesia, but I don't recall a thread stating he was off the council due to this.

Lord Dagger
May 13th, 2001, 11:40:23 AM
jeseth, dyzm, seth...however i would be intrested to know why i am not on that list, having already served on the council

Darth Roul
May 13th, 2001, 03:07:58 PM
Jeseth, Dyzm and Psy.

Live Wire
May 13th, 2001, 07:33:38 PM
Jeseth, Psy, and Seth are my votes

if anyone has questions please make them another thread I would like to keep this one tidy so its easier to tally votes!

Lady DeVille
May 13th, 2001, 09:01:25 PM
I vote for Dyzm, Lord Psychic (although he has a disease which is unknown in origin) and Jeseth.

Seth is way too unstable to be on the Council. I would replace Psychic (due to illness, nothing else) with Dagger as he has Council experience, but somehow he got passed up.

Jeseth is competent, Dyzm and Psy are senior members, and derserve it.

OOC: Dagger's ties to De'Ville are OOC info to any of you who think you know whats going on, so that should NOT have unfluenced you. And Seth, Jeseth's involvement with TBH is supposed to be a secret, I think. Not sure about that, but I dont' think everyone at TSO knows IC. /IC:

Lady Vader
May 13th, 2001, 10:17:14 PM
OOC: Anbira, we can talk about your council seat... we weren't sure what to do with the new storyline you'd placed before us... it can be amended...

Darth Viscera
May 13th, 2001, 10:29:08 PM
I vote for Jeseth, Seth, and myself, frankly. All three of us have much experience in leadership positions, and are quite qualified. I have decided that, if something were to happen and I would have to leave the Empire for some reason or another, I would appoint Jeseth as the new Diktat, and one of Seth's characters as Vice Diktat.

Not only are they excellent roleplayers, but they are stable and very, very reliable.

As for myself, well, I'm of the opinion that my organizational skills are my strong point. If I do not excel at fighting myself, I do at least excel at making others ready to fight.

Fox609
May 17th, 2001, 04:58:05 PM
Psy has my vote.