PDA

View Full Version : Mind numbing...

JonathanLB
May 14th, 2002, 10:01:03 PM
There is a thread at TheForce.net's spoiler forum for AOTC that has more than 81,000 replies spread over 3,200+ pages!!!!

I cannot believe that. I was totally tripping out over a thread with 5,000 replies, thinking, "HOW could that happen?!" then I saw the 81,000 post thread and was just... wow, blown away.

I don't know what the point is there, lol, if I posted on that forum nobody would ever read what I said. I sure as to heck wouldn't read through 3,200 pages. In fact, it would take at least several MONTHS (I said weeks before, but do the math, lol, maybe it would take a year or more, I dunno) to read that entire thread. You may go through each page at a rate of perhaps 15 minutes per one. You wouldn't even put a dent in the thread after an entire 16 hour day.

If you want to post there, then I suggest before you do you go to the nearest beach and throw one grain of sand on it. See if anyone notices. ;)

JMK
May 14th, 2002, 10:09:22 PM
No, you're right, that is sick! That's why I prefer to stay here...it's more homey and cozy. ;)

BUFFJEDI
May 14th, 2002, 10:09:46 PM
That's some posting:eek

Jedi Master Carr
May 14th, 2002, 11:49:53 PM
I would hate to be a Mod there:x I have mostly been posting in the Review thread I find it the best place to see the newest reviews.

Master Yoghurt
May 15th, 2002, 12:10:22 AM
81,000 posts in a thread is insane. Do you have a link so we could take a look? :)

JonathanLB
May 15th, 2002, 12:20:37 AM
Sorry I do not have a link. I was trying to click on the thread but my browser timed out, lol, and I said screw it.

But it's in the AOTC: Spoilers Alowed forum. I am against spoilers myself, but I didn't mean to get there. I think I clicked on prequel discussion and it took me there. Whoops. But nothing was spoiled, I just posted one message in a thread saying, "What are your plans for the next 2 days?"

jjwr
May 15th, 2002, 01:21:06 PM
I'm curious what kind of backend they've got on that sytem, a thread that size would be a major database hog, if they've allowed it that long then theres some serious beef behind those puppies.

JMK
May 15th, 2002, 04:24:42 PM
Whoa! Blast from the past! When was the last time you posted? (Unless you're also someone else, in which case I'm an idiot!)