PDA

View Full Version : So.....

Xazor Elessar
May 14th, 2002, 08:15:23 PM
What do we do in this forum? I am a new mod and did not have access to the forum on the old board because of the "Elder disscussion"....so I really don't know what goes on in here! :) If someone could give me a heads up, so I am not totally lost and so I don't make a fool of myself, that would be great! :) Thanks.....

Xaz'

Sage Hazzard
May 14th, 2002, 09:41:51 PM
Uh-oh. I think someone dropped the ball. You aren't supposed to be in here now, because of the forementioned "elder talk".

If you haven't read any of those threads, please don't. If you have, do not leak the information to ANYONE. NO ONE.

As to what you do, it's pretty simple. Make sure people get along OOC, that they don't start flame wars. That any request for intervention in God Moding threads is answered. Meaning, you step in OOC and set the person straight. Make sure no obscene material is posted or linked to. Just use common sense.

Oh, and you only need to post here for important matters that would concern only mods or admins. Meaning, nothing that is too "confidential" should go in another forum.

Oh, and I posted a similar "what do I do?" topic when I first got in this forum. You might be able to find it somewhere on previous pages. It might answer things better. :)

Marcus Telcontar
May 14th, 2002, 09:59:27 PM
>_<

To quote Anakin - "oops"

TheHolo.Net
May 14th, 2002, 10:02:49 PM
Not sure if this makes any difference, but the threads from the other GJO Admin forum at the ezboard were not transferred, though I did repost a couple of them, which I was a part of.

Master Yoghurt
May 14th, 2002, 10:27:01 PM
Welcome to the staff, Xazor! :)

* Inform whenever a banning should take place
* Instead of deleting threads, move them here for evidence and later reference
* Closed topics may be moved here as well
* Report trolling, spamming or other malicous use of the forums here
* Issues relating to access for password locked forums
* Anything else that needs to be discussed on moderator level

Master Yoghurt
May 14th, 2002, 10:31:15 PM
SWFans, Sage and Marcus, I dont think it plays any difference now as she is not to be tested anyway. The only one to be tested with access is LL, and I am not sure if his access could be removed since he is a swfans roleplaying moderator

TheHolo.Net
May 14th, 2002, 10:33:34 PM
I can remove his access being the site admin, but if there is anyone who can not use OOC knowledge to his IC advantage, I believe LL is among that group.

Master Yoghurt
May 14th, 2002, 10:41:31 PM
Hmm.. true. And I doubt he would read much in here while on the travel. What do you others think? Remove or not?

Sage Hazzard
May 14th, 2002, 10:42:15 PM
I agree. LL is incrediby professional in RPing. So, I don't think we HAVE to keep it a secret.

As for Xazor, I don't see that it's a problem she knows. Except I was worried she might of told Verse, if she didn't know he wasn't supposed to know. That's why I posted to her, telling her to keep quiet. So, I don't think it's a biggee that she's allowed in this forum. :)

Xazor Elessar
May 15th, 2002, 03:58:31 PM
Thanks for welcoming me Yog!

As for the rest of ya'lls.....I am a good person. I know when to keep my mouth shut. :D I read all of them, post for post! :lol I couldn't help it, I thought it was old or something....don't worrry, I knew better than to tell Verse or anyone...I would never do that. :) Ya'll gotta learn to trust me more! ;)

Anywayz....thanks for the heads up in here! I will go looking for your thread, Sage. :)

Sage Hazzard
May 17th, 2002, 12:48:24 AM
Hey, can we make Xazor be able to administer some CTs? Since everyone wants one now a days, and everyone's busy at one time or another, why not give her that power? If she doesn't have it already.

AmazonBabe
May 24th, 2002, 05:42:00 PM
As far as I know, LL knows nothing of this. He doesn't really come into this forum often. And, you're right, while he was out here in CA, there was basically no time to get online.

But, even if he did know, he's cool about the whole keeping the IC and OOC seperate.

But I hope he doesn't know. Makes it more fun. >D :lol

Morgan Evanar
May 24th, 2002, 05:56:22 PM
I don't even see why Charley's ability to seperate IC and OCC is being discussed.

AmazonBabe
May 24th, 2002, 06:05:06 PM
Um, it really wasn't. They were just comments in the posts. No real discussion on it. :)

Marcus Telcontar
May 25th, 2002, 05:13:48 AM
I would like LL not to have access, only so we maximise the surprise of what we are up to. I dont want the testees to know exactly what we are up to, so they have no chance to formulate a counter until the time comes. Half the fun of a Master's trial is the YOU BASTARD! cries when they realise what was done.

So, I would personaly prefer he did not have access in here until the deed is done. Or, threads referring to this be removed, just to keep what is planned under wraps from him.

Sage ~ As for CT's I would say to that access. I'll get to them soon as I can, especially when the creative ideas are flowing

TheHolo.Net
May 25th, 2002, 07:33:51 AM
LL's access has been removed. :)

Lady Vader
May 26th, 2002, 12:49:05 AM
Ok, had to read that twice DT, especially the "testees" part.

I think it's late. >_<

(On a completely side note... what happened to the CT I had from the old board? :()

Marcus Telcontar
May 27th, 2002, 04:25:09 AM
Will do some CT using and abusing later today.

Marcus Telcontar
May 27th, 2002, 04:15:39 PM
^_^

Xazor Elessar
May 27th, 2002, 08:30:39 PM
:lol Marcus!! That's a cute one! ;)

AmazonBabe
May 28th, 2002, 12:18:43 AM
O_oO_oO_o

:lol!!!!!

I love it! Once again, you have outdone yourself, Marcus!

:lol

AmazonBabe
Jun 9th, 2002, 01:06:27 AM
Ok, attempting to get this back on topic...

So??? How is this trial/promotion/thread thing going?? I posted in it already as LV, but I think Ogies may be waiting for the others? Maybe?

I say we get everyone invloved in this together and get the already-started thread moving again. I dunno how you guys feel, but I hate threads that get started and go nowhere.

So... yeah... um...

Hello?

Xazor Elessar
Jun 9th, 2002, 01:10:23 AM
:lol That was not even the original topic...I was just wondering what I do as a mod...but I have already figured that one out. Somehow....we got into the promo talk. Oh yeah, because I was not supposed to be here and know about it, but it's too late! :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 9th, 2002, 05:49:13 PM
AB - Yeaah, I'm turning my attention to this thread this week, to get it going again. Stay tuned

AmazonBabe
Jun 10th, 2002, 02:59:04 PM
You knew what I meant, Xazor. :p

:: Puts headset on and adjusts knobs. ::

:: Stays tuned. ::

:D

TheHolo.Net
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:00:50 PM
We are a little stalled with Hera's vacation on this end, but that should be ending soon from what I understand. =)

Goes hunting for LD to get her involved again

Xazor Elessar
Jun 10th, 2002, 03:03:21 PM
What are you guys going to do about Verse? He is leaving for booty camp on the 24th?? :(

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 10th, 2002, 07:39:10 PM
booty camp!!!!!

He'll think he's died and gone to heaven!

Xazor Elessar
Jun 10th, 2002, 08:52:24 PM
:lol No seriously...what are you going to do about him??? :??

Navaria Tarkin
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:10:33 PM
stuff him in a bag and beat him like a pinata. Tis a fine test!

Xazor Elessar
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:22:28 PM
:lol

The sad thing is....he might enjoy it..... ;)

Dalethria Mal Pannis
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:24:44 PM
If Nav declines to whip him I will :evil :lol

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Jun 10th, 2002, 09:57:41 PM
Betcha he LOVE that too Dale!! :lol

Xazor Elessar
Jun 11th, 2002, 07:31:50 AM
Probably!!! :) :lol It is so great that we can talk about him and he doesn't even know it..... :lol :lol :lol :evil

AmazonBabe
Jun 11th, 2002, 12:51:17 PM
Oy! :lol

AmazonBabe
Jun 28th, 2002, 02:59:16 PM
:: Kicks thread to the top. ::

Ok, Hera's back. Lets get ON with this already!!! :p

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:35:01 PM
Posting tonight with a neat cover. And setting up Akrabbim as well

Xazor Elessar
Jun 28th, 2002, 05:50:04 PM
Akkrabim's being promoted to Master too?? :)

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:36:26 PM
Yes. He also knows about this as well as he is goign to help create the illusion IC

Xazor Elessar
Jun 28th, 2002, 10:47:19 PM
:lol Wow.....he was just promoted to Knight in like, Jan or something....same time Shade was. But then Shade went AWOL.....a few times.... :lol I dunno.....never really met Ak. before. :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jun 28th, 2002, 11:06:01 PM
He's pretty good and he's been a Kinght for longer than that. He was a Knight when he helped me with Liam Jinn's Master's trial

Lady Vader
Jul 1st, 2002, 03:40:55 PM
Oh goody goody. RP underway again. Finally. :p

*Skips off towards the RP forum.*

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2002, 06:58:36 PM
Yeah.... finally.

Sorry about the delays :/

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 1st, 2002, 07:47:38 PM
no sorries... just getting to it before the next ice age good idea :p

:: hugs ::

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 1st, 2002, 07:59:22 PM
If you saw Sydney this morning, I'm afraid it's too late! The Ice age has come!

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 1st, 2002, 08:19:32 PM
what happened in sydney!

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 2nd, 2002, 04:00:51 PM
Is like -5 outside in the morning and the frost on the ground is turning the place white. It's never been this consistently cold.

Navaria Tarkin
Jul 2nd, 2002, 06:22:51 PM
Brr ... it's cold in here! There must be some Aussie's in the atmosphere!

Xazor Elessar
Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:11:37 AM
:lol It's cold here too.....in my house, that is! :D The A/C is set for like, 68....but it feels like 50! :lol It's like, 98° outside! *yuck* and humid too! :( Oh well....I'd rather go stand outside in the heat than freeze in my house! :lol

Marcus Telcontar
Jul 6th, 2002, 07:14:39 AM
And it's now blowing a bloody gale as well. AGH! Too cold!

Anyway, must remember to have a chat to Akrabbim and Deville.....

Arya Ravenwing
Aug 14th, 2002, 12:19:02 AM
You never DID tell me what it was you wanted to talk about. :mad

Also..........don't worry abotu Charles. Accidentally let something slip..it was AK not me, HONEST!! ^_^; so he knows that the thread has something to do with master trials, but not Exactly what.

It really honestly wasn't my fault! not like when I told Nup that Anakin's action figure's arm came off. ^_^; that WAS my fault. :(