PDA

View Full Version : Neutron Torpedo Research Thread...

Jedi Rebel X
Jun 18th, 2001, 04:51:34 PM
pub1.ezboard.com/fthejedi...D=12.topic (http://pub1.ezboard.com/fthejediloungefrm14.showMessage?topicID=12.topic)

Neutron Torpedo
Starting research of a newer more powerful and damaging form of the proton torpedo. This will be a battleship version instead of a fighter. Starting to run tests and research.

JediBoricua
Jedi Mediator
(8/23/00 12:25:11 pm)
Re: Neutron Torpedo...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll asign three groups of scientis, engineers and techers for this project, it should be complete in a month.

Jedi Rebel X
Jedi Renegade
(8/23/00 12:38:48 pm)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, thanks.

Jedi Rebel X
Jedi Renegade
(8/24/00 5:13:15 pm)
::Rebel watches the people work::

Edited by Jedi Rebel X at: 9/10/00 11:49:31 am

JediBoricua
Jedi Mediator
(9/11/00 1:35:34 am)
13 more days.

Jedi Rebel X
Jedi Renegade
(9/11/00 6:45:07 am)
Yeah, also for a couple of the ships and other stuff.

JediBoricua
Jedi Mediator
(9/12/00 10:32:23 am)
Rebel I need you to start working on the specs and advantages of each ship/weapon that you have begin research. Email to me the rough draft so we can put them quickly on use after research has been finished.

Jedi Rebel X
Jedi Renegade
(9/12/00 10:44:20 am)
I'll email you the specs when I have the time.

Master Yoghurt
Jedi Temple Administrator
(9/13/00 2:20:37 am)
Here is a brief description of most comon used warheads from X-wing Alliance:

Concussion Missiles:
Best used when dogfighting with slower craft, these weapons can be avoided by a quick, last-second turn.

Advanced Concussion Missiles:
Swift and deadly, these powerfull weapons are difficult to avoid.

Proton Torpedoes:
The most comonly used warhead in the galaxy, these weapons are to slow to use against fighters, but devestating against larger capital ships.

Advanced Proton Torpedoes:
Fast and powerfull enough to be used against fighters and larger ships alike.

Heavy Rockets:
These slow weapons can be easily shot down, but if they hit a ship or installation, they can inflict significant damage.

Space Bombs:
They are more powerfull than heavy rockets and are much harder to shoot down. Their minimal guidance systems make them most usefull for destroying stationary or slow moving, heavily armed targets.

Mag Pulse Warheads:
While one of these weapons wont damage a xraft's shield or hull, it can knock out its weapons systems for 30 seconds.

Ion Pulse Warheads:
The latest in warhead technology, these weapons act like proton torpedoes to damage shields, and act like ion cannons to disable a craft once its shields are down.

Will post more detailed descriptions later.

Master Yoghurt
Jedi Temple Administrator
(9/13/00 2:28:22 am)
Reply Re: Neutron Torpedo...
Might be a good idea using the proton torpedo as the basis for the design of the torpedo.

Proton Torpedo:
These weapons use a proton-scattering pod. The pod consisted of a fuel cell and a nucleonic igniter. When the torpedo strikes its target, the igniter smashes the atoms in the fuel cell, creating an enormous energy surge which destroys the target. While being very powerful, the proton torpedo can only travel at slow, sublight speeds.

Then you replace the proton warhead. If you need some help on neclear physics of a neutron fission or fusion, let me know.

Teka Kenobi
Jun 20th, 2001, 02:43:57 PM
You're carrying on your research, right?

Jedi Rebel X
Jun 27th, 2001, 07:36:12 PM
Actually, I believe it's done.

Just need to tell the specs.