PDA

View Full Version : Seemingly out of Nowhere...

Terathel
Jul 13th, 2001, 05:44:53 PM
:: ...The man in the white suit appeared. He was leaning against a wall, near the entrance to the shipyards. The man's head was slightly bent downward. The white hat he wore, accompanied by the angle of his head prevented anyone from seeing his face. ::

"Where the hell is everyone?"

:: He pushed off the wall and began to walk across the hall. He stopped at the front desk and examined it. He noticed the silver service bell behind the desk. ::

"Aww how quaint."

:: The man reached for the bell and took it out of hiding. He placed it on the table and rang it a few times. While he waited to be served, the man found a seat. He reached into his breast pocket and pulled out a cigar. With his free hand he touched the tip. Instantly, the end of the cigar was lit, somewhat like magic. He put it to the tip of his mouth and began to puff, waiting for anyone to show up. ::

GJO Doc
Jul 13th, 2001, 06:13:29 PM
*Walks out dirtied and slides up his goggles*

"Yes?"

Terathel
Jul 13th, 2001, 06:27:33 PM
"Well look at this. I ask for service and I get a Christopher Lloyd look-alike."

:: He moved to the side and bent below the table. The man rose again with a briefcase. He opened it to reveal many credit chips. ::

"As you can see, I am not lacking in the money department."

:: He closed the briefcase and set it back down on the floor. The man snuffed the cigar on the desk and threw it into a trash bin. He began to pace back and forth, resting his hands at the small of his back. ::

"Now I'm looking for a ship. You know, something to get me around. I don't want a dumb starfighter. I couldn't fit others in it. How would I be able to take someone hostage?"

:: A grin spread across his face. ::

"Joking...of course. I need something bigger, but nothing too big. Perhaps a small freighter? What do you suggest..." He paused, examining the man. "...Doc?"

GJO Doc
Jul 13th, 2001, 06:40:11 PM
*Goes into thought for a minute*

The YT-2000 might match what you're looking for.....*pulls up data on a screen*

<font color=blue size=2>Craft: S.S.L YT-2000 Transport

Type: Stock Light Freighter

Scale: Starfighter

Length: 32.9 meters

Skill: Space Transports: YT-2000

Crew: 1 (2 is optimal), gunners: 2

Crew Skill: Varies widely

Passengers: 6

Cargo Capacity: 130 metric tons

Consumables: 2.5 months

Free Mass: 15

Hyperdrive Multiplier: x1

Hyperdrive Backup: x10

Nav Computer: Yes

Space: 5

Weapons:

Quad Laser Cannon

Fire Arc: Turret

Crew: 1

Skill: Starship Gunnery</font>

Terathel
Jul 13th, 2001, 10:26:51 PM
"Aww what a piece of s***!"

:: His eyes suddenly widened as he rolled them. It was one of the rudest looks he had ever given someone. The man bent down and picked up the briefcase full of credits. ::

"It'll have to do."

:: He pushed the briefcase forward. ::

"You can keep all that money in there if you get it for me fast."

:: The man breathed heavily. ::

"I'm working in a time frame here."

GJO Doc
Jul 13th, 2001, 11:03:26 PM
*Looked over the briefcase*

"Hold on one moment."

*Pushes a button on a nearby console, and a nearby hangar door opens. After a minute or two, a newly made YT-2000 flies out and lands near them*

"There you are."

Terathel
Jul 14th, 2001, 09:43:58 AM
"You're faster then those pit droids in Pod Races."

:: The man grinned at the "Doc". He paced across the room to his ship and began to walk around it. He studied the guns and noticed how clean the hull was. He opened the ramp and stepped inside the ship.

A few minutes later, his head poked out of the ramp. He still wore the grin he had when he first entered the ship. ::

"It's perfect, and I'm outta here."

:: The ramp closed. A few seconds later the ship rose off the ground and shakily flew through the opened roof. Finally it blasted off into the sky. ::