PDA

View Full Version : A research question

Ryla Relvinian
Apr 13th, 2001, 02:29:07 AM
Hi there, I'm looking into a purchase, but I know nothing about ships and such. What are my options in the range of small ships?

Jedi Teka Kenobi
Apr 13th, 2001, 07:10:38 PM
Hey Ryla, I dont work here or anything but the most popular choice of ship (from my experiance) would be the X-wing. There are W-Wings, Y-Wings and B-Wings also and I'm sure Nichos or someone will be glad to help you

Nupraptor
Apr 14th, 2001, 02:02:57 PM
W-Wings? o_O That's a new one on me. But you left A-Wings off that list. A-Wings are excellent ships, but all of the previously mentioned are kind of old.

Did you want something simply to transport yourself around, or perhaps to carry passengers / cargo?

Nichos Marr
Apr 15th, 2001, 07:29:35 PM
Well, reading the specs for all the ships, I';d have to say you'd be best off with an X-Wing or an A-Wing. But it's your choice.

General Dodonna
Apr 18th, 2001, 06:34:06 AM
I would NEVER trust an A-Wing with my life, and I encourage my subordinates to take the same stance. Its shields and hull are so incredibly flimsy, its cockpit so exposed to damage, that the first hit is usually enough to penetrate and kill or wound the pilot, unfortunately.

I once went on a recon mission in an A-Wing, and I barely came back. Even when I pumped the shields to 200%, they offered very little in protection. I almost lost my live to stubborn concussion missile which punched through my shields half a second before I jumped to hyperspace.

Get an E-Wing.

ReaperFett
Apr 19th, 2001, 08:05:05 AM
A-Wings are great. Get in, take out, get out

Ryla Relvinian
May 10th, 2001, 12:33:38 PM
I dunno, that W-wing looks pretty darn tempting...

Where do I order? *grin*

Teka Kenobi
May 10th, 2001, 02:46:42 PM
:p well maybe i got it wrong...maybe I'll invent one...:)

Nichos Marr
May 12th, 2001, 09:27:28 AM
There's no such thing as a W-wing in my database :p

Anything else in mind?

Teka Kenobi
May 12th, 2001, 06:41:34 PM
You wait nichos a few years time and you wont say that again...

Nichos Marr
May 12th, 2001, 08:45:54 PM
:p

Master Yoghurt
Jun 14th, 2001, 03:35:31 AM
I think she is refering to this ship

Designation: X-200 W-Wing (W-W) Stealth Fighter
Manufacturer: Mon Calamari
In use by: New Republic/GJO
Crew: 1 Pilot + 1 Navigator or Passenger
Propulsion System: 4 Mon Calamari XV16B Stealth, emissionless engines
Shield Strength: Forward/Rear Projecting Heavy Mon Calamari ML-60 Shields (unknown SBD)
Hull Strength: 6 inch hull (unknown RU)
Top Speed: 120 Megalights
Hyperdrive: x1
Weapons:
Two medium laser cannons
Std. Combat Warhead Load: unknown

The W-Wing never even reached the prototype stage, but if it had it would have posed a serious threat. Previously it had been thought that only Imperial forces possessed cloaking technology. The New Republic took a drastically new approach to cloack technology. Rather than emit a field around the ship, as had been done with the V-38 Phantom TIE's, the W-Wings were covered in a material, known as a skin that adapted to its surroundings near instantaneously therefore making it appear invisible. It also absorbs all forms of active sensing radiation, so as to elude sensors, and its smooth, rounded curves futher advance this ability.
Had it reached production stages, the W-Wing would have been extremely expensive and time consuming to produce. During the planning stages the Imperials stole the information regarding the project, and it was abandoned by the New Republic most likely because they feared strikes on all their production facilities if they went on with it.

Master Yoghurt
Jun 14th, 2001, 03:39:27 AM
A-Wings are excellent ships because of their speed and sharp turn rate. A good A-Wing pilot knows when to transfer engine energy when shield integrity is low. But I would agree E-wing is the better choice.

Teka Kenobi
Jun 14th, 2001, 12:42:22 PM
:mad: **Is a guy!!!** :mad:

Master Yoghurt
Jun 14th, 2001, 05:54:38 PM
I dunno, that W-wing looks pretty darn tempting...

Where do I order? *grin*

I was refering to her comment.

ReaperFett
Jun 16th, 2001, 05:16:13 PM
but you cant carry many. Maybe a slightly larger ship would be in order? a W-Wing can only carry 2, and no droid. I like my YT-2000, as seen in X-Wing Alliance. its like the Falcon, but a centralised cockpit