PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for Alaria (con't from old board)

Lady DeVille
Mar 26th, 2001, 04:56:20 AM
ooc: ok, now I have to look up what I wrote.. /ic:

The feeling was unmistakable, Alaria was winding a tendril through her mind, and poking at her mind blocks. When asked, Alaria retreated, and apologized.

"Don't do that again." De'Ville rubbed her temples. "I don't cheat at sabaac. That would take the challenge and the fun out of it." She spread out three more cards. The Queen of Light and Darkness, the Knave of Sabers, and the Four of Sabers. De'Ville shuffled them back into the deck.

"Let me get to my point. I see no reason why you shouldn't join TSO. But if you choose not to, I need to know you will not betray us." De'Ville gestured to the Jedi around them. "You could do a lot of damage, considering your position with Lord Dagger."

Lady Alaria
Mar 26th, 2001, 04:16:11 PM
She watches De'Ville's hands as she shuffles the deck again. One more time the Queen of Light and Darkness is cut out, and the Knave of Sabers next to her. De'Ville looks up. Alaria smiles, "Contrary to the cards, I am not queen over Dagger, but he is the guardian of my soul. I follow him. He has devoted his life to TSO and to Live Wire. There is nothing I could do that would change that. And there is no reason that I would want to."

Lady DeVille
Mar 26th, 2001, 09:50:27 PM
She smiled a little at Alaria's answer. Of course. The Force vampyre across from her had to kill to survive, but there was nothing dangerous in her sense. She was running her finger along the lip of her glass, but wasn't successful on getting a note to sound.

De'Ville looked down at the cards that Alaria had manipulated with the Force so that she had cut them out of the deck. "The Queen of Light and Darkness?"

Lady Alaria
Mar 27th, 2001, 04:58:57 AM
She merely smiles, and stops the wandering droid. "Another water, if you please."

Lady DeVille
Mar 27th, 2001, 03:46:15 PM
She flipped the cards over again. The Queen did not reappear until she got the seventh card. Alaria was thanking a droid and wiping condensation off her glass as she lifted the icy drink to her lips. De'Ville turned over the next card. It was another Queen of Light and Darkness. All in all there were three of them in a row, which was impossible, since there was only one in a deck.

De'Ville opened her mouth to speak, and the cards shimmered and changed. These were not randomized cards. She stacked up the deck and put them away. "What are you playing at?"

Lady Alaria
Mar 28th, 2001, 04:57:16 PM
Manipulating the cards is easy, child's play, really. Why De'Ville didn't do it herself is beyond her.

ooc: will post more, hang on

Lady DeVille
Mar 31st, 2001, 03:57:12 AM
ooc: Alaria...where are you? /ic: