PDA

View Full Version : :: Raining again::

Force Master Hunter
Mar 26th, 2001, 09:11:29 PM
The bounty hunter sighs. What a depressing place this planet could be, at dusk with the rain splattering down and winter coming on. It was cold and his breath came out as steam.

He remembered the last time he was here. Boy, that was eventful. Surprised in a way the Jedi had let him leave. He after all was a scum who had killed one their own.

More than one actually.

He moved quietly ontho the path leading onto the base. He looked for the final time at the datapad in his hand

Jace Darklighter

Very well then. time to move. He put the datapad into a pocket and took out the rail gun.

"Engage"

The lights blipped.

Ready or not, he was coming in.

Damn this rain!

Hart Kenobi
Mar 26th, 2001, 09:48:32 PM
::Hart crouched on top of a branch just outside the base, the rain falling violently on his hood and running quickly down it's sides. He spotted a small light as a gun was engaged.
He tried to enter the creature's mind, but jerked as he pulled back suddenly, as if terrified of what he had just seen and not daring to continue. He lightly jumped from the tree and landed soundlessly, making ripples in the rising level of water in the dense forest, well hidden from sight.
The creature was not evil, Hart had deducted, but was not completely good at the same time. He would watch the being closely..::

Jace Darklighter
Mar 26th, 2001, 09:55:10 PM
It was yet another restless night for the Jedi Knight, Jace Darklighter as he studied various holocron devices. Renowned Jedi Master's expressed ancient Jedi teachings under Jace's watchful and zealous eye. A downpour of rain slapped against the stone walls of the Jedi Temple. Most of his fellow Jedi comrades had ended their training and retired to their rooms for the night. Due to Jace's obsession to become a true Jedi, he usually stayed up later than others to learn more about the Jedi ways. With such dark forces in the universe as the Sith Empire and other devious foes, it was more important than ever to follow faithfully the instructions which had been taught to him from his preceding masters.

Loud thunderous bolts of lightening danced upon the ground and forests of the Jedi home base. The rain became steady and continued its raging defiance against the winds. Jace growled low in his throat, clearly irritated by the distractions this fateful night. He quickly called upon some Jedi calming techniques to ignore his clamorous surroundings. Shutting down the holocron, he removed a book from his shelf and flipped it open to get so more reading finished. Despite his attempts to concentrate, the Jedi found his thoughts wandering distinctly back to his old masters.

Would they be pleased as to who I have become, he questioned. Most of his training had been under Garik Loran, right before he left for the outer galaxies to expand his search for truth and knowledge. Jace blew out a sigh of despair and closed his book. His second master had disappeared shortly after he became his Padawan. For the most part, he had been left to himself. Perhaps it had been better that way. His own determination to become a Jedi lifted him up in times of gloom. A Jedi becomes one with the Force, he admonished himself. Never do they face death. For a Jedi, there is no death. There is the -

A waver of agitation interrupted his thoughts. Something was out there.....on the Jedi grounds. Something, or someone. He had felt the presence before, but he couldn't quite remember. Reaching for his lightsaber, he removed it from his desk and threw his cloak over his shoulders. He wouldn't wake the others; his fellow Jedi needed their sleep after such wearisome days of training and hard work. Besides, it was probably nothing.

Jace made his way down the Jedi halls towards the entrance of the Jedi Temple. Something was amiss and he was resolute in his decision to find out what it was. Opening the doors, he made his way out in the downpour of rain and into the caliginous night.

Force Master Hunter
Mar 26th, 2001, 09:56:12 PM
It seemed to be a quiet place, this new area for the Jedi to congregate. Much different for their mud hut, it seemed quite new and well thought out.

Momemntarily lost, he checked out the lower floor. Mainly a parking area, well lit. A stairwell.

Hmmm. Maybe go through there?

He advanced with caution.

Jace Darklighter
Mar 26th, 2001, 10:19:02 PM
Wide gusts of wind yanked at his cloak and rippled it mutinously. Rain drizzled down Jace's forehead and dribbled from his nose and chin. He cocked his head to the side as he studied sudden movements. Large predators were known to be out at night, both within and without the jungle boundaries. Discretion was a mandatory necessity. Looking at the ruins, which stood foreboding in the shadows, he continued his search for any unusual activity that would explain his feeling of apprehension before.

Force Master Hunter
Mar 26th, 2001, 10:33:59 PM
A touch uncertain, he looked up the stairwell...

Damn! Weapons detectors!

This would call for another approach. He was certainly NOT walking into a Jedi bar wthout some sort of hardware to defend himself. He didnt care wether the Jedi were protectors of justice - actually he did care. That gave them every reason to get him.

He decided to go outside in the rain and wind again to see if there was other ways in.

Or he could just give this up.

No.

He was going to do this.

Jace Darklighter
Mar 26th, 2001, 10:48:46 PM
Wiping his forehead with his hand, he blinked his eyes to clear them of moisture. The rain seemed unceasing as it railed against his face. Jace lowered the rim of his hood so that it might provide some protection against the elements. The Jedi squinted his eyes and noticed the familiar setting of Master Yoghurt's Bar and Grill off in the distance. Perhaps some patrons would be up at this hour and an opportunity to get out of the rain seemed a welcome thought. Increasing his walk to a jog, he made his way to the B&G.

Force Master Hunter
Mar 26th, 2001, 10:59:24 PM
He was viewing the lift up to the roof when there was a vague tickle in the the back of his mind.

Someone coming!

He scanned the area visually, but sae nothing. However, he kenee to trust his feelings. Someone was coming. Probably Jedi.

He reholstered the weapon and reshouldered the hooded coat he was wearing. Best not to make himself too obvious... What was he thinking? Cover himself? He he was, about to walk armed into a Jedi area and he was worried about being seen outside?

Good point really. Cant be too careful. Not just Jedi came here, other dark creatures. Sith even. He thrust an arm into the folds of his cloak, the hand on the gun butt, resting. Ready. Mind clear.

Lets see who this person was first.

Jace Darklighter
Mar 26th, 2001, 11:32:34 PM
Teetering on a loose bar, a sign of labeled Yoghurt's B&G rocked back and forth on its hinges, creating a high squeaking noise. The Jedi smelled the aroma of Yoghurt's famous root stew from the Bar and Grill residence. Jace took a single glance behind his back to make sure no one was there. Sensing no one, he stepped into the bar.

Force Master Hunter
Mar 26th, 2001, 11:43:51 PM
He saw the person, but didnt identify him.

He tookon the accent of a weary traveller.

"Excuse me sir? Sir? Can you help me?"

Jace Darklighter
Mar 28th, 2001, 12:54:08 AM
Laughter sailed through the atmosphere at the B&G as Jace made his untimely entrance. A few shady guests where drinking some beverages off by themselves. Various creatures and a few Jedi enjoyed there off time with great satisfaction as they spoke vigorously to each other. The Jedi made some quick glances off to his side and spotted an empty table on the far side of the bar. He tugged his drenched cloak from his shoulders and rested it upon the table. Sighing, he reached for a glass and a bottle of Corellian ale.

The Jedi Knight took a few hesitant sips of his drink. Frowning, he set the beverage aside and stared off into the distance as he pondered his past. Time elapsed as the sounds of thunder purged the planet with an eerie presence.

Force Master Hunter
Mar 28th, 2001, 01:09:36 AM
:: "Yes?"

"I'm looking for a Jace darklighter. Is he about?"

"I dont know, but he could be inside. Good place that bar."

"So I have heard. Thanks"

Hunter paused. Idea.

"Sir? Just be a sec... sir?"

The stranger turned.

"You will go inside and find Jace Darklighter". A small hand flick by Hunter.

"I will go inside and find Jace Darklighter"

Hunter grinned. Got him

"You will bring him out here. Tell him there is a delivery at the north entrance"

"I will tell him of delivery"

"Go"

The man shook hishead and blinked. "Sorry, can you give me a moment? I would like to stay and chat, but I have to tell one of these Jedi there is an urgent delivery for him. Force be with you partner"

Hunterkept a straight face. "Force be with you too". He waited until the man went inside, then stepped to the North entrance to wait

Jace Darklighter
Mar 28th, 2001, 11:04:23 PM
"Sir?"

Jace looked up from his drink to find a man looking at him with an indecisive face. The Jedi kept his hands cupped around a mug, pressing them tightly against his new beverage. The warmth of the hot chocolate thawed his hands from the chilling rain. Pushing aside the urge to brush the man aside, he kept his gaze steady on the stranger.

"I'm sorry. I suppose I was lost in my thoughts. What did you say?"

The man wiped his brow with the back of his sleeve, while pointing with his free hand towards the north entrance.

"There is a delivery for you sir, at the north entrance."

Jace frowned with a quizzical look. "A delivery...for me?"

The man quickly nodded. "Yes sir. You are Jace Darklighter, correct?"

The Jedi sighed softly under his breath. "I am, " he admitted.

"Then please, sir. Please...follow me."

The stranger motioned his hand towards the entrance and began walking towards it. Jace pushed his drink aside and reached for his cloak. Still soaked from the outside rain, he threw it over his shoulders and followed the man to the entrance. The sounds of the B&G slowly faded as the returning thunder, wind and rain howled in Jace's ears. The night air was beginning to get cold and discomforting. The stranger stopped just a few short meters outside the bar and pointed to the darkness."

"There, sir. There is your delivery."

The Jedi peered into the black void, trying to enhance his line of sight. For a moment, he thought he saw the faint shadow of a figure of some sort.

"Come out into the light where I can see you, " Jace exclaimed.

Force Master Hunter
Mar 28th, 2001, 11:13:38 PM
:: Hunter heard footsteps, saw two figures approaching. One was the man he had mind tricked... and someone else. It was probably Darklighter, but he was going to make sure first. Hand on one of his guns, he stepped out into the light, still in the rain. The storm began to get fiercer.

"I have a delivery for A Jace Darklighter. You know him?"

A Nameless New Republic Tech
Mar 29th, 2001, 12:21:34 AM
His instructions had been precise, if not a little puzzling. Here he was now, at the end of his trip, ready to make the delivery he had been hired for, and yet he had no idea what the strange cargo was he carried on his ship all the way from Coruscant.

The rain didn't make things better. It would be a dangerous affair to get the huge container out of his ship in this weather, if he was supposed to keep at all times careful not to shake or in any way disturb the damn thing.

Sure, he had some ideas what was in there. Most likely some wild beast, judging from the whirring of air-filters coming from the side of the container. But what would the Jedi want with a wild beast?

He knew it was the Jedi, for the one who had instructed him about this matter had been a Jedi. Master Yoghurt. But that didn't shed any light on this matter.

Shrugging off his discomfort on the whole matter for the umpteenth time since he had started this trip, he dropped his ship down to the landing zone the Jedi Master had indicated. It wasn't much more than a clearing in the middle of a forest, about 5 klicks from the main Jedi settlement.

Why out here? What beast is this that they're afraid to let it near their home? It hasn't made a noise since I took the container on board - they must have it drugged heavily or something.

Grumbling, and making a mental note to ask for special Hazardous Delivery pay the next time he'd agree to carry anything for the Jedi, he rolled the container onto the ramp and slowly lowered it to the ground.

No sound emanated from within.

The thing shook a little when it touched ground, but all seemed okay. A cold prickling sensation of fear ran down his spine. Maybe it was better to leave this place as fast as he could, leave the planet, before the Jedi could reach this thing and let it out.

Hastily ensuring that the container was solidly standing on the uneven forest ground, he then retreated back into his ship, closed the ramp, and rushed to the cockpit. No time to waste on collecting his payment - he'd be able to do that from the safety of space.

The ship took off again, its thruster emissions burning the leaves of a tree crisp that stood nearby.

The mysterious container remained, standing in the middle of the green trees, the air-filter fans gently whirring.

Jace Darklighter
Mar 29th, 2001, 12:30:27 AM
He had never seen the mysterious figure before, yet he was enshrouded in dark clothing and he could see a few weapons near his grasp. Silence ensued among the two, and Jace caught the man who had brought him here, slipping out of sight at the corner of his eye. The Jedi looked back to the enigmatic being who had spoken to him. Finally, he answered.

"I am the one you seek for."

Force Master Hunter
Mar 29th, 2001, 12:58:08 AM
Hunter heard the Jedi's response.

"Anyone could say that. Tell me something that Jace would know. Tell me about your last Master"

Hunter paused. That was one hell of a loaded question.

Jace Darklighter
Mar 29th, 2001, 02:25:53 AM
Suspicion immediately settled in the back of his mind. His expression darkened as his regarded this fearsome individual. Why should I tell him? Jace contemplated the idea of refusing but somehow he felt he would be making a big mistake if he did so. Calming himself, he met the foreigner's gaze.

"My former master's name was Darth Turbogeek. To be honest, I know very little about him. I believe only a select few even knew DT to a personal level. Although he was a Jedi Master, he mostly withheld his feelings on certain matters. He wasn't your average Jedi Master. DT followed his own path, no matter how odd it seemed. Some Jedi considered him dark and loathsome, however he always displayed his best when he fought for justice and truth, dismissing any doubts that anyone may have voiced or thought."

Jace stopped suddenly and stretch out with his feelings. With the Force as his aid, he plunged inward into the mysterious outsider's mind. Or at least, he tried to. The Jedi's eyes fluttered open somewhat amazed. He hadn't even been able to touch his mind. Somehow, he had created a barrier to resist his mind probe. Strange, he thought. Who is he that can resist so strenuously?

There was obviously more to the foreigner then met the eye. True, he carried a fearsome arsenal, but his mind was amazingly distinguished. Could he be a Force user? No, that can't be. If he had been, I would have sensed it by now. He continued where he left off.

"I am told by many Jedi that DT was destroyed by a bounty hunter of sorts. Still, I find it rather hard to believe any bounty hunter could have pulled it off. Darth Turbogeek was extraordinarily adept with the Force."

Jace stopped for a moment, and then narrowed his eyes.

"Now, I've answered your question. Perhaps you could answer mine. Who are you?"

Force Master Hunter
Mar 29th, 2001, 03:04:28 AM
Hunter listened carefully. Yes, this was Jace Darklighter. He also noted the light attempts of the Jedi to enter his mind with the Force, noted the quiet surprise at the unsuccessful attempt. And heard the question.

Who am I? He thought. I was the one who sent Turbogeek into the next life. I wonder what this young Jedi would say to that! What would the Jedi think that Hunter was force sensitive and was using his ability to hide himself in the Force? But boasting was not the reason he was here. It was imprtant this Jedi hear Hunter out.

"Who am I? I dont have a name as such. I am known as Hunter when I choose to have a title. You spoke well of your Master, I would expect he would be pleased with your words. If he can listen to your words, which in some odd way, I suppose he can."

Hunters eyes narowed and his hand gripped one of the rail guns. "Your Master was killed by me." Hunter used that moment to draw his gun at blistering speed. "And you my friend will be next if you dont drop your sabre and surrender. Someone has need of you about five kilometers from here and we dont have a lot of time."::

Jace Darklighter
Mar 29th, 2001, 07:46:30 PM
At last, he had finally confronted the man who had killed his master. He had spent countless nights pondering as what he might do when he finally caught up with him. Jace always reassured himself that he could handle his emotions and that he would act accordingly to the Jedi code. That confidence from the past suddenly washed away as he felt disdain for the man. A sneer slowly made its way across his former neutral expression. Hunter had moved with increased speed and accuracy, but Jace was blinded by his sudden impulse to attack his advasary. He's a bounty hunter. There is no doubt. This Hunter had defeated Darth Turbogeek? But how? Was he somehow lying? Had DT simply succumbed to an unfortunately accident and by luck, the Hunter was nearby? Was he simply using Darth Tubogeek's death to boost his own reputation? Jace felt his hands clenching to fists.

No. A Jedi acts when he is a peace, Jace mentally reminded himself. Still gritting his teeth together, he met Hunter's stern gaze.

"And how much money did you get from his hide, bounty hunter?!

Force Master Hunter
Mar 29th, 2001, 09:17:39 PM
:: "How much money?" Hunter considered this question. What if he told the truth? Somehow he doubted theJedi would believe... or would he? How close had he been to Darth Turbogeek?

No one seemed to know the secret The Jedi had. Would Jace?

"How much money, eh??" Surprising both of them, Hunter lowered his weapon. "I was paid nothing in the end. The persons who wanted that Jedi dead didnt get what they really wanted, because I didnt hand it over. "

Hunter looked around. Good. Noone else around.

"I caught Turbogeek in a trap. A good one. I spend days making it happen and I caught him cold. Even then, he didnt go deasily. It was quite a fight. In the end.... in the end he told me a few things as he was dying.

He got me involved. Your right, I see it as a notch on the belt and a thing to boast about and I talk too much."

The gun came back up. "Right now, that all you need to hear. Five klicks from where we stand is somewhere we have to be. You have to be. If you dont, someone else is going to fall into the hands of evil"

"I'm also not being paid for this. Your choice now. Wear a bullet and be dragged there or drop your weapon and come peacefully"

Jace Darklighter
Mar 29th, 2001, 10:07:32 PM
The bounty hunter had spoken of a trap. Was this the very same trap that DT fell for? The whole thing seemed dubious. Leaving his weapon behind and following this scoundrel to a secluded destination didn't exactly ease his mind. Still, if someone needed his help like the bounty hunter had said...

It seemed it was his obligation to do so. He had to follow him, even if it meant it was a trap. If there was even a remote possibility that he could help, then he had to take a chance. Again, the suspicion plagued his mind with doubt. Maybe DT had thought the same thing. Pushing the thought aside, he felt that he needed to do this. If it was his time to die, then so be it. He would follow the will of the Force, and it prompted him to follow this mysterious Hunter. Tugging his lightsaber from his belt, he carefully laid it on the ground and backed away.

"There is my weapon, Hunter. I will follow you to this unknown location peacefully."

Force Master Hunter
Mar 29th, 2001, 10:29:43 PM
:: "No.... you first, Jedi. Dont worry, I'm no coward, I dont shoot people in the back. I just want to nmake sure we get there. Were going to the west and we are walking. You dont have to keep your hands up or anything like that either"

Hunter paused.

"move it. We dont have a lot of time"

Jace Darklighter
Mar 29th, 2001, 10:52:32 PM
The Jedi nodded and turned to face the west. Keeping his pace steady, they made their way through the forest's thicket and over grown plant life. Jace stayed alert and reached out with the Force so that he might sense any danger in the perilous environment. At certain points, he could hear large beasts grunting or speaking in their native callings. Hoots and howls was a constant occurrence during their journey. Every now and then, the Jedi looked over his shoulder to see how the bounty hunter was doing. He seemed relatively well except that he seemed to be in deep thought. What could this possibly be about?

The Jedi turned to look straight ahead once again. Whatever it was, he felt that he was about to find out.

Force Master Hunter
Mar 29th, 2001, 11:00:44 PM
:: Later.

They both came out into a clearing hours later, a clearing that had obviously been blasted by a landing craft. In the centre of the clearing was a bow. A large container, whirring away with fans. There was no other sound. The container was about as large as a normal shipping container, black, with a single door with a lock.

"I dont go any further. What's in the container is fr you to find out"

Hunter levelled the gun again. "Move it"

Jace Darklighter
Mar 29th, 2001, 11:21:50 PM
Obediently, Jace stepped forward towards the cargo container. His steps were slow as he approached cautiously. He could sense Hunter standing afar off, keeping his gun pointed at his form. Jace worked some moisture in his mouth as he noticed he had been holding his breath. As he came closer, he noted a door on the container and along with it, a lock. He examined the device and peered at the lock from different angles. He reached out to touch it, but swiftly withdrew his hand upon thinking that the device could self-destruct. Frowning, he looked back towards Hunter.

"What about the lock?"

Force Master Hunter
Mar 29th, 2001, 11:27:23 PM
:: Hunter shifted aim and fired once. The lock exploded as the prjectile hit it, scattering sparks and shrapnel

"Answer your question?"::

Jace Darklighter
Mar 29th, 2001, 11:43:11 PM
So much for the lock being rigged, he thought. He heard the lock clump to the soft soil, making an indication of its shape. A coil of smoke drifted from the metal device up into the air. The Jedi slowly reached for the latch of the door and placed his hand firmly around it, wrapping his fingers so that it might give him a tight hold. Jace took a deep breath. It's now or never. It is time to face destiny.

Exerting all his strength, he yanked on the door and opened it fully. A loud screech erupted as the door slowed to a stop. Leaning forward, he looked into the opening of the container.

Jina Jade
Mar 30th, 2001, 12:04:30 AM
[i] Lots of things had her scared right now. The low light in this place. The smells of outside. The fact she had been in here for what seemed like days to fend for herself. What was going on? Where was her mummy? Why did everyone look at her so fearfully and not want to touch her? She was lonely and she was now scared.

BANG!

A loud thump outside and she cowered into the corner as hard as she could, a small stuffed animal in one hand abd a blanket cover her. She whimpered and began to cry.

SCCRRRREEEEEE.....

"Mummy...." she moaned. "Mummy!"::

Jace Darklighter
Mar 30th, 2001, 12:49:44 AM
He blinked his eyes once and then twice. The Jedi was completely bewildered. On his journey through the forest, he imagined many things as to what could be waiting for him here. Jace thought he had prepared himself for the worst. Now, he was completely speechless. His mouth slowly gapped open as he fumbled for the right words. A young girl pressed against the back wall of the container, her eyes glistening with tears.

She looked fearful as she gazed at him, whispering small pleas for her mother. Little did she know, Jace was just as scared as she was. When training as a Jedi, he studied the codes of the Jedi and applied them in his life. He had read materials containing teachings of past Jedi Masters and listened hours on end to the many holocrons at the Jedi Temple. Jace had labored countless hours in his fighting and defensive techniques. Never was he satisfied until he mastered the skill he had been instructed to learn. Becoming a true Jedi meant everything to him but not once did he ever think he would encounter a situation as this. After his disbelief settled in, the questions immediately followed. Why me? Why did Darth Turbogeek pick me of all people? ...He must have believed in me, knowing that I would do the right thing. After a few fleeting moments of thought, he decided he had to bring her back to the Jedi Temple. He would guard her with his life. The Jedi Masters would know what to do and he felt confident he would know what to do as well, once he received their counsel. Searching for the right words, he finally spoke to her.

"I know not where your mother is....but please, come with me. I have to get you out of here."

Force Master Hunter
Mar 30th, 2001, 01:35:57 AM
:: Qyuetly, Hunter had followed Jace and was now behind him as the Jedi tried to reach out to the little girl. She retreated to the other corner.

"Let me. She knows me. Come'er sweetie..."

The little girl clung to Hunter as he stood up. "Beleive it or not Jedi, I am truly sorry that this happened. I guess you need an explaination too"

"I was hired to kill the Jedi Master Turbogeek. Your Master was killed because he wasnt giving in to blackmail. This girl. I cant tell you the whole story.... but this child had a lever over your Master. I found out this is the daughter of Lady Mara Jade and that's when the real trouble started. My friend, it's important you keep her safe for a while" Jina began to whine, Hunter hushed her.

"This is a Jedi, you can trust him"

She looked at the Jedi with tear stained eyes. "Will he help find my mummy?"

A look of helplessness came over Hunter and he resorted to telepathy to speak to the Jedi ~I've lived 107 years. I;ve been in tough places, I've lived a pretty tough life. But how in burning suns can anyone answer that?~

Jace Darklighter
Mar 31st, 2001, 02:39:12 PM
He was speechless and the only retort he could give was a rigid nod to Hunter's words. The Jedi's mind was swirling with unanswered inquiries, and his heart fluttered with sympathy for the young child. The clouded mystery of the bounty hunter was slowly beginning to be revealed. He was not a average hunter. No, something was very unique about this character. Not only had he hidden his talents with the Force, but he brought a astonished exposition to Jace's face as he examined in the his mind why the bounty hunter would do all this.

Jace looked to the little girls eyes, and noticed they resembled Lady Mara Jade's appearance. He never actually spoken to Lady Mara Jade, but he knew she was very important to Darth Turbogeek; even to the point of risking his own life to save her. His mood darkened as he remembered those days. He had been a helpless Padawan, unable to offer any aid to his fellow Jedi when she had been kidnapped by the RSO. Later, he read reports on Lady Mara Jade being deceased; destroyed by the former RSO leader, Venom. The Jedi recalled his master's grief stricken face as he returned to the GJO, pressed with the guilt of being unable to save her from Venom's evil. Now, he was faced with protecting Lady Mara Jade's daughter. She clung sedulously to Hunter's arms, allowing tears of uncertainty to streak down her face. Calling upon his own telepathic skills, he spoke to Hunter's mind.

"I will defend her with my life."