PDA

View Full Version : ooc: Vampires?

Lady DeVille
Mar 31st, 2001, 04:01:34 AM
Do we have Jedi Vampires now too? How would you reconcile that with protecting the universe? I'm refering to Deus and Pandora, I've only seen them here, so I'm curious...

Aisha Klan Klan
Mar 31st, 2001, 04:03:31 AM
*laughs at LD's title*

Warren Azalin
Mar 31st, 2001, 04:15:26 AM
Yeah we got Jedi Vampires now too (not that it makes any sense).

Sage Hazzard
Mar 31st, 2001, 04:19:52 AM
Well, I think i can explain it.

A vampire is someone who is bitten by another vampire. He/She is sometimes turned against his/her will. If this Vampire can fight the urge to suck blood, he/she can be good. He/She can still be a Jedi. A Vampire isn't bad by definiton, he is bad because he kills by sucking the blood from his/her victims. If he/she can obtain the blood by other means then killing, such as a doner or blood bank, then the said Vampire can still live and be good, there for he/she can be a Jedi.

Warren Azalin
Mar 31st, 2001, 04:44:19 AM
I know Vampires can be good and are not inherently evil but they are usually seen as creatures of Darkness (That whole light being bad for them thing might not work). I don't have problems with Vampires as Jedi (might not be logical but no problem), only thing I see wrong is that they might have to RP some special things into there characters. (I highly doubt seeing a Vampire use Force Light).

Sage Hazzard
Mar 31st, 2001, 05:09:51 AM
Well with vampires certain lebertys can be taken. In some literature and movies Vampires can go into the light. Vampires are characters of literature and can be changed to fit your wants.

Seigfried Deus
Mar 31st, 2001, 05:18:12 AM
And there we go. Sage sorted it out :)

Danster the Gangster
Mar 31st, 2001, 08:48:22 AM
My God, whatever next?

Vega Van Derveld
Mar 31st, 2001, 08:52:32 AM
:eek: Jedi Monkey?!

Danster the Gangster
Mar 31st, 2001, 08:58:39 AM
Ooga Booga

Vega Van Derveld
Mar 31st, 2001, 08:59:12 AM
Booga?! Not again! :X

Force Master Hunter
Mar 31st, 2001, 09:12:02 AM
How about we spell out this Vampire BS in clear and simple terms. Vampires are undead. That is NOT Jedi. Yes, you have Jedi running around here who is clearly dead, but that is in terms of the SW universe.

Blood sucking creatures, yes that is acceptible. Maybe even called Vampires, why not. Living creatures, not supernatural. But lets make this clear. Undead are not Star Wars, Vampires as in the supernatuarl creatures dont belong as Jedi. In a different character, I have told Jedi who wished to obtain undead powers to not do so or leave. You are either a Jedi, or you are not. For a gun wielding maniac like me, if that distincition is clear, why is it not for you?

Yes I know the Sith have a vampire presence. I dont give hoot what they do. You must realise that to be a Jedi.... it's all or nothing.

ReaperFett
Mar 31st, 2001, 09:28:53 AM
ok, lets point something out. Vampires are people, but with problems. Sunlight, have to feed, etc. These are things many Star Wars races have. All that is done here is hes given it a name. And Im all for it. The fact that Saurron, a Vampire, RPs far better than half the people in this thread is testament that rather than crying about what someoone calls himself for a few traits, they got out and tried to improve

Vega Van Derveld
Mar 31st, 2001, 09:36:26 AM
Well said Fett.
Always knew the British were the smart ones.

Darth Turbogeek
Mar 31st, 2001, 10:58:09 AM
The question is, ware vampires as intended by the RP'ers in question, Jedi? NO. If they want to be a race that feeds on blood and has problems with light, that's called rabies. Heh. No, if it is a mortal RACE, then, there is no problem. If you want to go feed on blood, yeah, whatever floats yer boat.

What I reject - and I feel is being done - is brining the traits of UNDEAD into this and this is what I interpet is being done. Undead are Dark Side. I dont care how well you can RP - and I dare any Jedi to outdo what I can do - you can not reconcile an undead creature, which is by definition of the Dark Side and be a Jedi. It just does not happen and it does not work.

We do not water down what a Jedi is, we stand to our standards and that should be the bottom line. As I repeat, if you want to play a blood feeding race with sunlight problem, allergic to garlic and water problem, dont care. Want to be immortal or undead, forget it being Jedi. Because it aint what SW roleplaying and SW are about.

The only possible non physical and after death role is what this character finds itself in and that is 100% Star Wars. And even then, the powers seem to be limited to guidance and illusions.

Nichos Marr
Mar 31st, 2001, 01:31:45 PM
How about Angel (David Boreanz)? He's a good Vampire. Sure he feels the need to feed on blood, but he doesn't go and attack innocent people.

On Buffy, there is a rule that Vampires turn evil after truly falling in love with someone. That's what made Angel turn evil.

Another example of a good Vampire is Blade (Marvel Comics). He's a half vampire, but he seeks to destroy them all. Vampires are the undead, but that doesn't make them evil IMO.

Pandora Vindel
Mar 31st, 2001, 01:37:02 PM
allergic to garlic

Well, go watch interview with the vampire.. anyway..

Good is a POV if you know that killing is evil and resist the urge as much as you can to kill because you know it's wrong..are you still evil? Even man kills to survive

I think Sage and Nichos have a point.

Seigfried Deus
Mar 31st, 2001, 01:54:34 PM
Just a point to do with what Nichos said. The falling in love thing, that's a single isolated case for Angel, as he is cursed.

Depending on where you go to find out information the low-down on Vampires can vary. The myths about the ways in which they live, the ways they can be killed and what they are not allowed to do change from source to source and as you can never find a true account of what a real vampire can/can't do, technically any or none of them could be right... :|

Leeloo Mina
Mar 31st, 2001, 02:44:26 PM
Muwhahahahaha!! Thats right they are all wrong! And you wonder why I never go outside and offline :evil:

Hart Kenobi
Mar 31st, 2001, 02:50:31 PM
Vampires are by definition (according to Buffy) half-human/half-demon. Since not all demons are necessarily bad, a vampire, if it is given the means to, can easily be on the side of good. They probably won't be good, nice people, but we're discussing sides.

Jedah Lynch
Mar 31st, 2001, 08:27:59 PM
If people are taking what happens on Buffy to be true about Vampire then I got some swamp land I want to sell you.

Know Saurron and co will get a good kick out of this tho. :lol:

And oh yeah, vampires depending on the medium can be good in certain cases that is true. They were however written to be evil, its only in modern times they've begun to "see the errors of their way" and fight for truth, justice and all that crap.

Saurrons the local expert on the fang faces though so ask him, he might be able to tell you tell you all the low down with them.

The reason most people like to play vampires are often denied the dark gift is that people want a quick fix for instant power and all that goes with them. At least Saurron and co keep it moderated and not let every two bit person who wants it get it for those reasons.

Like a Jedi or Sith anyone who RP's a vampire should have to move up the ladder slowly to gain the powers of one, but thats my view. Like I said, get saurron to get the low down on the blood suckers.

ReaperFett
Mar 31st, 2001, 10:11:42 PM
but Vampires are different every time. My favourite kind is From Dusk til Dawns, how they are weak bodied

Anakis Moreven
Mar 31st, 2001, 10:40:22 PM
the rules say that you can be any species, although preferably SW. So, they can be vamps.

Seigfried Deus
Apr 1st, 2001, 03:14:51 AM
Dusk till Dawn.
That was one :eek: interesting movie.

BOWDIN
Apr 1st, 2001, 03:54:16 AM
BTW.....Seigfried.....Who am I to say but.....Nice custom title "Giver of Dark Gifts" Sounds pretty Jedi to me!!!

Jedah Lynch
Apr 1st, 2001, 04:20:12 AM
:lol:

Short but to the point ne?

SAURRON
Apr 1st, 2001, 06:14:59 AM
you can not reconcile an undead creature, which is by definition of the Dark Side and be a Jedi. It just does not happen and it does not work.

I agree 100 percent, and is one of the main reasons I created Saurron. What better race or creature to represent the Darkside than a vamp.

I am honored by this but at the same time am saddened. The saijinns started this way then more came then more...until it got way out of control. I don't want that. As the first Vampire on these boards I believe myself to have a say so to some extent in this.

Yes, there can be Jedi Vampire, but before you go waiving your flags all over read on....

If there were to be Jedi Vampire, they would not make it very far. The Vampire race was born from darkness.

Here is the question I ask you Jedi Vamps. If you were to set up a blood bank what would be your source? Jedi, I don't believe, are supposed to harm much of anything so to grow something so you can take its life force on a continual basis is...well...evil. :) By taking the blood of another you are withdrawing their life force into you, taking their Midichorens (sp) right out of them. Robbing animals of their life-force is non Jedi...and no it's not the same as eating a steak.

If you feed only on non sentient beings you will be weak. If you went into battle against us you would be slaughtered. The humans blood holds the most life force content for a vamp then other sentient beings next, not rats, chickens, banthas, nor tauntans... humans. To hold that power would be to take a human life.

Yes, with the SW tech you could devise a syrum and be a daywalker to deal with the light issue but then what weeknesses would you have...don't you think we have thought of that? Yes we have and came up with two words...God Mode. I am continually having to deal with the sun...see my fight with Sanis Prent at sw fan.

Seigfried Deus
Apr 1st, 2001, 07:58:04 AM
You know what? I can see this is totally p*ssing everyone of so .. forget that I ever came here. I'll just delete this account and be done with it. :| I'd rather this didn't go on any longer..

ReaperFett
Apr 1st, 2001, 09:33:07 PM
dude, dont listen to them. Some people have something lodged 3 inches up their -DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR--DO-NOT-SWEAR-, and wont agree to something unless you are a veteran here. They dislike it. I like it. hung jury, innocent until proven guilty, ergo ok to stay. If everyone hates you, another story

Shadow LeFae
Apr 1st, 2001, 09:38:01 PM
:: yawns ::

Sanis Prent
Apr 1st, 2001, 10:00:56 PM
I think its an interesting concept. I have to say, I was intrigued and very interested in my fight with Saurron. Quite enlightening indeed.

Metallic Kaser
Apr 2nd, 2001, 09:57:54 AM
WELL it's all sorted now Fett. Now Jedi Vamps, but a high chance that Seig and Pandora will head on over to the Coven and become members of Saurrons Vampire clan.

ReaperFett
Apr 2nd, 2001, 11:13:31 AM
oh, well Id just like to congratulate the morons for driving you out

Metallic Kaser
Apr 2nd, 2001, 11:29:55 AM
Yup

:: if there was a 'bird' icon, he'd use it now at DT ::

Force Master Hunter
Apr 2nd, 2001, 06:10:58 PM
:: Doesnt bother switching accounts::

Good.

Let me make this clear. I have NO regrets standing up for what is right. AND JEDI VAMPIRES ARE NOT RIGHT.

EVER.

Got it?

There is something called Truth we Jedi are to stand up for, and I will NOT let that and what a Jedi should be stand in the way of a person remaining here. To be a Jedi takes commitment and understanding there is only one path, being narrow and hard to walk.

If you dont want to be a true Jedi..... your the weakest link. Goodbye

AmazonBabe
Apr 2nd, 2001, 08:04:23 PM
Hey... Jedi Vamps and Sith Vamps... it's all good to me. :) The more variety, the more fun we can have in this universe. If you close yourself off from imagination and enginuity, then you're not seeing the whole picture. Some just need to adjust their antenas to understand that. :)

Sten the Chimp
Apr 2nd, 2001, 09:28:27 PM
I'm a monkey, what's wrong with that?!?! Sorry, I had to comment on the Jedi monkey thing...

And as far as the Vampire thing goes, Vamps are like people, they can be corrupted. But for a vamp, it's easier for them to become evil. They can be born of evil, but then become good. The "born evil, live evil, die evil" thing isn't relevant. But one thing, Saurron had a good point with the killing thing. But you can't judge someone by their race. It's just being racist, and in a way, childish. But I say that we drop the subject and just let people do what they want. From what I can tell, Sigfried and Pandora haven't broken any Jedi rules yet, so we should leave it at that.

Darth Turbogeek
Apr 2nd, 2001, 09:45:14 PM
No one said there was anything wrong with Chimps. I find it rather cool actually.

I think the Vamps has better re-read something I posted higher up. It was a viable way to be a race called Vampire and exist acceptibly.