PDA

View Full Version : OOC:You will se a change in me....

Sage Hazzard
Mar 31st, 2001, 04:00:13 PM
OOC:

One, I will change my writing style. I'll use more words, and I'll have a differant layout to my posts also, using differnt methods of showing what parts are speech, actions, etc. I will also try and put pictures an HTML to display what I see or do. I saw Master Yoghurt doing this and I'll just say... I was impressed by this method more then you could. Of course, my picture resources and time restrictions will cut down on my usage of pictures. I will only be using them when no other way convey what I am thinking is possible. Why am I posting this part of my "change"? Because in the past when I have seen a layout and style change in a user name in the back of my mind I thought maybe the character was being played by someone else. Perhaps the person gaev his/her name to someone else to play. This is not so. I will never give my user name away and never have. I have a large vocabular and I intend to use it. I have held back because at times I am unsure the spelling of these words, and "spell check" takes a while to load, time I don't have. So if you see mis-spelled words, please do not be rude. Accept the fact that I am in a rush and cannot "spell check" or go through the post with a fine toothed comb.

Two, I will be better in the Force. This is the regular advances one expects in RP. However I noticed my imagination seemed limited lately, I will change this. After reading a few SW books I understand the Force better and what it can do.

Three, I will be a all around better Jedi. I will take greater pains to turn Dark Siders, spread the word of the Light, and I will spend more time in meaningful battles. This does not mean my fighting will decrease! In fact I suspect it will increase. I might be leaning towards RP only battles, but this does not mean I cannot start my own.

Some of the above mentions statements can be interpeted in IC format.

ReaperFett
Mar 31st, 2001, 04:23:52 PM
One, I will change my writing style. I'll use more words...

I got there, and saw many words, and stopped :)

j/k

Hart Kenobi
Mar 31st, 2001, 04:24:31 PM
Jeez, I respect you a lot for putting in that extra effort. I'm normally too lazy a guy to go the extra mile for anything.

JediKnightAL
Mar 31st, 2001, 04:30:08 PM
ditto, i never do more than i am suppose to

Leeloo Mina
Mar 31st, 2001, 04:32:31 PM
We notice ;)

j/k

Sage Hazzard
Apr 1st, 2001, 12:51:59 AM
OOC:If you look at the latest post by me(just put up)in Hart's thread against TSE you'll se some of what's too come.

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 1st, 2001, 12:54:03 AM
OOC: Cool. Best of luck Sage

Jedah Lynch
Apr 1st, 2001, 01:29:17 AM
OOC: Very much best of luck.

*grins*

Nice post at the BG, I liked it, kudos.

And oh just because you mentioned it in the fight thread, Yes I know you were taking your master trials, I myself have completed mine so now I'm a full Sith Master. However at the time of the thread I was a Lord thus I RP at such. And just for fun I'll tell you this much, I havent even begun to get serious in the fight yet, not even close to a Lord level let alone a Master so in the words of one person in this world......just bring it:evil:

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 1st, 2001, 01:35:23 AM
OOC: Congrads Jedah!

Oooh.. Watch out! Another, Sith Master on the loose! ;)

Sage Hazzard
Apr 1st, 2001, 02:08:16 AM
OOC:Dude, I haven't begun. I'm testing you actually. That's what I always do when I first fight someone. The only problem is my energy is drained in the fight. I know of no way to replinish it. And I think you mentioned in one of your posts you were also drained. So I guess we'll have to wait until our next fight to see each other's limits. Maybe next time we meet we'll both be Masters. :)

Jedah Lynch
Apr 1st, 2001, 02:13:50 AM
OOC:

That is irony considering I was going easy on you. Thought it be unfair to go all out on a younger RP such as yourself. Well at least I know better now for future references. And as to replinish ones energy, where there is a will there is a way. Only takes a creative and innovative mind:)

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 1st, 2001, 02:23:26 AM
**whispers to Sage**

Force Shield..and meditation..a couple of hints ;)

Of course disabling a sith temporarily then doing the above

Sage Hazzard
Apr 1st, 2001, 02:26:55 AM
OOC:Well I don't like taking long breaks in battle. And I don't have enough SW knowledge to know of a quicker way. :)

I might be a young Rper but I've risen to the top pretty quick for a good reason. I also am an aspiring screen writer and I dabble in some book writing for fun. I did this long before I joined here. So I know a little about writing and creativity, especially since I enjoy writing action movies the best. I was holding my own against Rama Sha in a battle a while ago. I believe I was a Padawan. I might of just became a Knight. No, I didn't god mode, I just was creative. I used a lot of things to help me win. I noticed he was fighting a lot of hand-to-hand stuff and not using the Force much in his writing. So I did the same and was doing pretty good. We never finished the battle. It was a me against everyone post I believe, I think I warmed up a little with a few younger Sith. :)

Don't go easy on me next time, because I ain't about to go easy on you. :)

Jedah Lynch
Apr 1st, 2001, 02:41:03 AM
*Grins*

Now that is the attitude that you need, forget making novels, movie scripts and all that crap while RPing. Thats just unrealisitic and the biggest pile of Wookie dung this side of President Bush claim he isnt sucking to those that payed for him to get in the White House. Just have a good attitude, some fire in your soul and come out fighting.

SW knowledge? *Cracks up laughing* Do you think I or half the people who RP know half the crap that they got in SW land? Hell no. Nor do I really care one way or another about every stupid difference there is between Ship A and Ship B. Watched the movies, own several figures, own a video game and read several novels thats it. Don't care if Chewie died, they can make him a rug for some Prince, won't cry if Luke dies or any others either. Point is you dont need to know, imagination is the key. Anything else you can find out be accessing various websites on SW or ask other RPers with such knowledge, such as the tip Leia just told you. Use what is around you, improvise, use the environment in a RP, use whatever you can however you can.

Dont have to "be one with the force" or any mumbo jumbo such as that either or else before you know it we'll be back to the days of force tossing mountains. :lol:

Sage Hazzard
Apr 1st, 2001, 02:53:27 AM
I like writing posts that are long and novel like. It's funner to write for me. I actually was considering quiting the RP because it was no fun anymore. Then I started using the more thoughtful post style and I've lasted three more months and now am sure I will never stop RPing. It's funner for me.

I wanted to test you. And it worked out pretty good. I know exactly what you're prone to do, what you like to do, what limits you have, etc. Of course you could have been holding back and I didn't get a clear idea. This style always worked for me in the past, but now I'm going to start kicking people's hide from the get go. A few days ago I beat a Sith woman in two posts of mine, four in all. She was a Warrior and I just came out swinging. I'll do that next time we meet...

Actually, after this big RP we're in, what do you say we have a 1 on 1 fight? New thread, new setup. Want to?

Jedah Lynch
Apr 1st, 2001, 03:23:20 AM
Who said making a thoughtful or provoking post was akin to a novel or a script? Its just writing.

I wanted to test you. And it worked out pretty good. I know exactly what you're prone to do, what you like to do, what limits you have, etc.Of course you could have been holding back and I didn't get a clear idea.

Lets just say the second part of that paragraph is rather accurate. Remember, what may work for one person, three people, or even a dozen doesnt always apply to everyone. Although I do admit that is something I often do with my competitors myself, many do, its just a smart move. Doesnt mean its always accuarte though.

And big whoop you beat someone in four post? In the scheme of things what does that mean? Absolutely nothing. If you beat someone in four post that means it certainly wasnt a challenge. It doesnt really matter how many post you beat someone in, its how you do it. Two people could have a hundred post fight and it could still be an absolute crapfest. If I saw someone trying their best and giving it their all I got no qualms about losing. I mean why not? Being a winner all the time would only get repetive and boring.

You can come out fighting, but remember this it doesnt mean you'll win. Especially if its unJedi like. The important things when RPing are having fun and no matter what a person does be it fighting someone, making a tear jerker of a storyline, raising a point, asking a quetion or what is just to do it well. Doesnt help anyone if soemeone does a bad job but it doesnt mean someone has to be the next William Shakesphere or great writer of our time.

As for the fight, sure. Got no problems with that at all.

Sage Hazzard
Apr 1st, 2001, 03:35:16 AM
What I was saying by "come out swinging" was that I tried my best, I didn't test her. I could have strung the thread along but I ended it quickly by making good moves. She was good too, good potential. This is how a Jedi would act. Someone tries to kill you you put them down as quick as possible then walk away. To text them would mean you enjoy fighting for the heck of it.

I loose all the time because I know my character's limits. If someone does me in good, I say "you won" and I end it. This is of course only if there is no way to get out of what they have me in. Or anything I can see to do that is.

RPing is fun no matter how you do it. I just want to use my mind a little more. When I'm not using it to write large and provoking posts I feel like I'm not doing good enough. I like to exercise my brain a lot.

OOC:You want to post or me? We are waiting until the thread we are in now is officially closed right?

Jedah Lynch
Apr 1st, 2001, 03:41:04 AM
I'll skip the big ass replies, getting late ya know and say let's finish the current fight first. Got several other things going on such as training, redoing the TSE board etc so I dont want to take on any more than what I got going.

But as soon as the one we got done is finished we'll have another.

Good enough?

Sage Hazzard
Apr 1st, 2001, 03:43:48 AM
Yeah. When you're ready PM me and I'll tell ya if it's okay for me. I might be busy then, you never know.

Jedah Lynch
Apr 1st, 2001, 03:52:48 AM
If your busy your busy, thats life.

We'll get around to fighting sooner or later.

Patience is a virtue especially if your a Jedi or Sith.