PDA

View Full Version : **Looks around for..... Lando Calrissian**

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 3rd, 2001, 07:19:19 PM
**Leia walks into Yoghurts and takes a seat at a booth. She heard there was a rumour that Lando was seen around the bar recently**

Sir Lando Calrissian
Apr 3rd, 2001, 07:45:00 PM
::The old pirate turned around at the footsteps entering the bar (Something you did instinctively when you had a bounty on your head dating back decades), revealing a large, cocky grin.::
"Leia!, How you DO-in, Princess? It's been awhile but you haven't changed a bit! Looking as lovely as aways. I was hoping I'd see you around here!"

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 3rd, 2001, 09:23:41 PM
**Leia looks up at Lando and gives a friendly smile**

Lando Calrissian, you old pirate and scoundrel.
It is true. You are truly here. So good to see you again.

I see you have not change much. Still quite the ladies man it seems.

**Leia smirked**

I am doing quite well, thank you. How about yourself? What brings you around here?

Please take a seat.

Sir Lando Calrissian
Apr 3rd, 2001, 09:34:12 PM
"Well, I've been checking my holdings on a few nearby planets. Also, I've conned the New Republic into giving me an unofficial military status so I was able to go into the computer and find out which planet you guys are on."
*Lando saw that Leia was going to say something.*
"Hey, I'm aloud to check into their files once and a while" *Lando pouted defensively* "If I wasn't, they should've had more security. Lobot handled it in a minute."

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 3rd, 2001, 09:47:27 PM
**Leia raised an eyebrow, as she always did when Lando made outlandish comments**

YOU WHAT!! Conned the New Republic?! Why you swindler!

**Leia looked at Lando, seeing he leaned back in his chair from one of Leia's typical outburst towards him**

How could you! You are too much..as usual.

**Leia just shook her head at him**

Lobot?!!! NOW...There's a name I haven't heard in awhile. You mean to tell me he still works for you after all these years?

Sir Lando Calrissian
Apr 3rd, 2001, 10:06:46 PM
"Yeah, the boring old android has nothing better to do. He actually gets a kick outta doing that sorta stuff. Of course," Lando shrugs, "I'm not always truthful about what I want him to find, but hey, I'm here so I got something worthwhile from it, right?"

::Lando reaches into his pocket and produces a comlink.::
"Hey Lobo, want to get in here?"
"No."
"But we're all having fun."
"................."
"Okay..... You just stay in the Lady Luck and talk with the computer all day. See if I care."
*turns to Leia with a sheepish grin*

"He's just tempermental."

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 3rd, 2001, 10:16:08 PM
**Leia tilts her head at Lando while listening to the comlink conversation before giving out a soft chuckle**

So I see. If I remember correctly, Lobot was a man of few words. No?!

**Leia gave a 1/2 grin as Lando returned one to her**

Care for a drink Lando?! A Corellian Whiskey or Ale perhaps? My treat...let's just say for old time sakes.

Sir Lando Calrissian
Apr 3rd, 2001, 11:05:39 PM
A hot chocolate will do fine. I'm the designated pilot tonight. :)

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 3rd, 2001, 11:13:19 PM
**Leia giggles at Lando**

Very well...you silly pirate. One hot chocolate it is.

**Leia motions for a service droid and places the order. The droid comes back momentarily with two hot chocolates**

Thank you

**Leia handed Lando his hot cocoa and the droid some republic credits**

So, Lando anything new that I should no about?

Sir Lando Calrissian
Apr 3rd, 2001, 11:23:40 PM
Nothing big. Perhaps I should try to get some people to start up a Smugglers Alliance with me, but at the time there seems to be a shortage of us. Not that I'm still a smuggler. *Lando winks* Just giving the New Republic more resources. I'm respectable now. ;)

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 3rd, 2001, 11:33:37 PM
**Again raises another eyebrow at Lando's remarks and just shakes her head once more**

Since when is a Smuggler's Alliance considered Respectable? Huh?!

**Leia chuckled**

You never cease to amaze me Lando.

**She said before giving a smirk**

Respectable? If you say so....

So..Lando how long do you plan to be in the area? Or is this just a pitstop for you?

Jedi Cadet
Apr 4th, 2001, 01:34:46 AM
::Cadet walks into the B&G and spots her master talking to someone. She walks over to her and the man.::

"Hello Master Leia." Cadet nods to her. She then turns to the man. "Hello. I'm Jedi Cadet. One of Master Leia's Padawans."

Sir Lando Calrissian
Apr 4th, 2001, 07:51:27 PM
"My vacation Leia. Not that I need one, it's just that supervising those Mines have lost it's spark. Win some money, lose some money, win more money, etc, etc." *Lando shrugs* "Rather boring if you ask me. I was hoping..." *Lando smiles and winks* "..that there would be something for me to do here. Knowing you and your brother, Jedi always seem to be in the middle of action. I guess I came at a slow time."

*turns at Cadet's voice and smiles, grabbing hold of his long flowing cape as he bowed elegantly, speaking in a low, deep voice.*
"Well, WHAT have we here?! Hello, I am Lando Calrissian, man of leisure." *takes Cadet's hand and kisses it.* "And who might I be having the pleasure of speaking to?"

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 4th, 2001, 09:34:29 PM
Ah...a vacation. Fair enough. I hope you have a good time here Lando while you are visiting. *sigh* Yes..Luke and I can be busy at times. As usual, he is out and about, I haven't seen or heard from him awhile. But, I am sure he is fine..I just feel it. If you know what I mean. **Leia smiled as she was referring to the force**

**Leia looked up to find Cadet had arrived at her table, overhearing Lando being a Cassanova, she decided to warn the young padawan**

Ummm..Cadet watch out he may ask he to live among the clouds with him.

**Leia flashed a smirk at Lando, knowing he knows exactly what she meant**

Sir Lando Calrissian
Apr 5th, 2001, 12:18:26 AM
::Lando gave a crooked grin, but it was obviously forced-- his sabbac smile. It was a long time ago, but he still wasn't comfortable talking about the day he almost betrayed them. Lando was sure that he was forgiven for his mistakes, and the Force knows how many of those he made in his younger days..... before Bespin.

He tried to reason with himself that he made up for all of it with his work as a General in the New Republic and the destruction of the Second Death Star, but Lando felt as if he would never get rid of his guilt and will have to endure it for the rest of his life. He vowed long ago that he would spend the rest of his life making up for that day. A promise he still kept today, though his pride masked it well.

He changed the subject by answering Leia's first question.::

"Actually no, Leia. But-" *Lando smiled* "I'll take your word for it. Even after all these years, I still feel strange being around Jedi. Weird, huh, considering how long I've known you and Luke."

::Again, he is reminded of the day long ago in Bespin.........
He smiled, hiding the pain with mastery.::

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 6th, 2001, 10:27:40 PM
**Leia looked on a Lando he seemed disturbed about something..especially every time he mentioned her brother, Luke. Leia could not help there was more to it.**

What is wrong Lando? I sense something is troubling you. It seems every time you mention "JEDI" or my brother, Luke..you have this distant look on your face. Is there something the matter or something I should know about?

**Leia rested her chin on her hand..just looking on towards Lando for some answers**

Sir Lando Calrissian
Apr 8th, 2001, 02:29:27 PM
::Lando gave one of his dazzling smiles, trying to reassure Leia.::
"Me? I'm fantastic, don't you worry. I was just wondering......... if there was anything I can do for you. I'm.... bored, so I just wanted to check in that you and the others were okay.
Rememeber......... if you ever need anything.. ANYTHING... that I can help out with, don't hesitate to ask."

Jedi Knight Leia Solo
Apr 10th, 2001, 09:35:36 PM
**Leia raised an eyebrow once again at Lando. She seemed skeptical about him reassuring her**

Don't worry?! The last time I heard you say something like that I think a certain wookie had his hands around your throat!

*sigh*

But I have to admit flyboy, you did change.

**Leia smiled**

I truly appreciate the offer for help Lando. I have known you to be a good friend. Too bad Luke isn't around to see you.

So what is next for General Calrissan?